Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#668777 Oct 29, 2013
chance47 wrote:
Totally wrong.
This is the thinking of the world of physicists in the early 1900's, quite outdated now.
The fact that something is being observed changes the outcome, particularly in nuclear subatomic experiments - we cannot measure what would have happened if we weren't measuring in the first place.
Also, it is not possible to measure both the location of something 'exactly' and its 'exact' velocity simultaneously.
It is also true that more than one set of axioms, pair wise contradictory, can be found which independently form entirely consistent and correct systems of knowledge. One example is Geometry. If you take Euclid's fifth postulate as true/ or false then then develop totally different but consitent and accurate geometries. There is no answer to whether or not the fifth postulate is 'correct'.
There are also the questions of philosophy -'how do you know your past actually occurred and is not a false memory?'
Or how about this question: "What are all the questions that humans cannot answer, include ones not yet asked?"
Are you still talking about elves?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#668778 Oct 29, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I learned a long time back that people can only do what they are capable of. Why I don't get angry with them on here. They can't help it.
Use dull sticks poking them. Saves wood. They don't feel too much, but it will get them stirred up. Their shit is virtual, so don't let it bother you.
A lot of baboon brains here, so you will see a lot of ass being shown.
The females are the fiercest. Those you be careful with.
/quote
everyone knows you got baboon brains dude no need to remind us!
LLL
And you got the ass.

Pervert.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#668779 Oct 29, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally wrong.
This is the thinking of the world of physicists in the early 1900's, quite outdated now.
The fact that something is being observed changes the outcome, particularly in nuclear subatomic experiments - we cannot measure what would have happened if we weren't measuring in the first place.
Also, it is not possible to measure both the location of something 'exactly' and its 'exact' velocity simultaneously.
It is also true that more than one set of axioms, pair wise contradictory, can be found which independently form entirely consistent and correct systems of knowledge. One example is Geometry. If you take Euclid's fifth postulate as true/ or false then then develop totally different but consitent and accurate geometries. There is no answer to whether or not the fifth postulate is 'correct'.
There are also the questions of philosophy -'how do you know your past actually occurred and is not a false memory?'
Or how about this question: "What are all the questions that humans cannot answer, include ones not yet asked?"
If you were trying to lecture me on the uncertainty principle , you failed miserably in describing what it say's.

It is entirely possible to measure both the location of something 'exactly' and its 'exact' velocity simultaneously in the macro world.

Heisenberg offered such an observer effect at the "quantum level" as a physical "explanation" of quantum uncertainty of the microscopic particle world.

Straw man arguments don't help prove your case either.

Even the uncertainty principle is a known effect we incorporate into probabilistic equations. We cannot know both these things but can predict where it will be using this knowledge.
This was to help us understand the particle wave duality in experiments , such as the twin slit experiment.

We deduced uncertainty and it shows us that determination of a particle can be found in wave collapse by forcing a location.
Otherwise the particle will be in every position simultaneously.

Understanding this is the uncertainty principle.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#668780 Oct 29, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Are you still talking about elves?
You are strangely obsessed with imaginary creatures, weird.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#668781 Oct 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite white.
You are white trash.
And a racist.
And apparently stupid, too.
So by saying you're white do you mean you're albino?
Or just a lighter brown?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#668782 Oct 29, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify, when I say there is knowledge that humans cannot know I mean there are questions we cannot answer.
So, you tell me, where do those answers exist?
Knowledge; (noun) a *result* or *product* of KNOWING. Try harder to *get* what that means.

lol, still trying to backpedal...that's funny. There is no question that cannot be answered given enough time and determination. Too bad man is running out of time.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#668783 Oct 29, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
So by saying you're white do you mean you're albino?
Or just a lighter brown?
No, I'm fair skinned.

Of European background.

Further the deponent sayeth naught.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#668784 Oct 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you were trying to lecture me on the uncertainty principle , you failed miserably in describing what it say's.
It is entirely possible to measure both the location of something 'exactly' and its 'exact' velocity simultaneously in the macro world.
Heisenberg offered such an observer effect at the "quantum level" as a physical "explanation" of quantum uncertainty of the microscopic particle world.
Straw man arguments don't help prove your case either.
Even the uncertainty principle is a known effect we incorporate into probabilistic equations. We cannot know both these things but can predict where it will be using this knowledge.
This was to help us understand the particle wave duality in experiments , such as the twin slit experiment.
We deduced uncertainty and it shows us that determination of a particle can be found in wave collapse by forcing a location.
Otherwise the particle will be in every position simultaneously.
Understanding this is the uncertainty principle.
It is amazing that you can sound intelligent and still claim idioticalle that somehow people are capable of ('someday', you claim) knowing eveything. You have quite an inflated self worth view of our species. Ironically, you sound as arrogant and condescending as any bible thumper I have ever heard.
As for the uncertainty principle - surprized you knew its name (must come up often for you?)- I will only repost what Werner Heisenberg had to say about it 25 years after he initially argued the concept. If you know he was wrong then you know more than I and I would like to see your supporting info.
:
"It can be expressed in its simplest form as follows: One can never know with perfect accuracy both of those two important factors which determine the movement of one of the smallest particles—its position and its velocity. It is impossible to determine accurately both the position and the direction and speed of a particle at the same instant" - Heisenberg, W., Die Physik der Atomkerne, Taylor & Francis, 1952, p. 30.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#668785 Oct 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Computers, books and the web , schools and in the imaginary spaces between those who seek it.
If there are no humans to absorb it then it is not knowledge.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#668786 Oct 29, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify, when I say there is knowledge that humans cannot know I mean there are questions we cannot answer.
So, you tell me, where do those answers exist?
In the same place they've always existed - in the future.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#668787 Oct 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> There is no question that cannot be answered, there are a few that cannot be answered correctly today.
There is no question that can never be answered correctly.
There is no knowledge that cannot be known, only some questions... that cannot be answered correctly today.
There will never be anything that cannot be known.
Dammit, you beat me to it, kinda.

Never say never. I would like to think that mankind will be around forever but it doesn't look like it will, still, maybe the struggle to survive will be successful. Heck, we haven't even found the cure for cancer or cystic fibrosis yet.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#668788 Oct 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If there are no humans to absorb it then it is not knowledge.
Oh it is knowledge , whether it is well known or not.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#668789 Oct 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The future is a faith. There is no future unless you arrive there, and then it is always further than you can reach and hold. It is imaginary. Do you believe in imaginary things?

There is only the present and what you think you remember of a past.

Always.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#668790 Oct 29, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The one where kids are allowed to use their ipod to take math tests. No, wait, pardon me, that's here and now in the present. We're dumbing down our kids with technology. The power goes out and they can't function without their toys. We're one major solar event away from living like cavemen.

“Get it right”

Location hidden

#668791 Oct 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Knowledge; (noun) a *result* or *product* of KNOWING. Try harder to *get* what that means.
lol, still trying to backpedal...that's funny....
Well, I clearly clarified what I meant. Exactly how is that 'back pedaling'? You must think you are a master at semantics.
nanoanomaly wrote:
... There is no question that cannot be answered given enough time and determination. Too bad man is running out of time.
Have you tried to prove this lately? How did that proof work out for you? I am willing to guess not so good! Wishful thinking yes; inflated ego for sure, but a false (er, absurd) claim.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#668792 Oct 29, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
No; that's how you want to *believe* it was framed, because you're a lying liberal who's lost the argument--and now all credibility.
You really are one fucking piece of shit.
Here's an idea for you; ask a Jew how they feel about Germans. Ask one with one of those numbered tattoos on the inside of his forearm.
<quoted text>
Yes; you called me a racist, and keep denying it.
<quoted text>
They are justsifiably wary. You have a problem with that, don't you? They remember; you don't seem to want them to. I remember the Burning Times, but for some reason you have no problem with that.
There's this saying in the Marine Corps (dad's a retired master gunnery sergeant): "Unit, Corps, Country." My own version of that is, "Family, Circle, Country." In short, my tribe comes first.
I don't really care if you don't like it.
And I'm *still* waiting for you to give me the name of that GOP propagandist "reporter" at Fox.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> No, you're not still waiting - I have many, many times,
Where?
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> and you are simply a liar. Please drop it.
No, that would be you. I want the name of that reporter that you branded as a GOP propagandist. Had you given me a name, I wouldn't still be asking for it and you know that.

You are the liar here.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't call you a racist. Please drop it.
You accused me of opposing his health care law because he was black; that makes you the race-baiter, aka racist.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have a problem if a jewish person believes all germans are thinking about initiating a second holocaust.
That isn't what I posted, and you damn well know it. You are a lying liberal, desperate to save the face of your fundamentalist ideology.

Location hidden

#668793 Oct 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The future is a faith. There is no future unless you arrive there, and then it is always further than you can reach and hold. It is imaginary. Do you believe in imaginary things?
There is only the present and what you think you remember of a past.
Always.
Only if you are so completely egotistical as to think that the universe starts and ends with yourself.

I could drop dead of a stroke right now and the future will still be there.

Location hidden

#668794 Oct 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Right. The one where kids are allowed to use their ipod to take math tests. No, wait, pardon me, that's here and now in the present. We're dumbing down our kids with technology. The power goes out and they can't function without their toys. We're one major solar event away from living like cavemen.
Um, yeah…that's not at all what we were talking about, but okay.

#668795 Oct 29, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>If you are afraid of getting your posts pulled, why use so many obscenities?
You accused me of spelling asshole wrong; I explained why I spelled it "azzwhole" instead, you derided me for it, so I spelled it correctly for you. Man, there's just no pleasing some people!
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> She claimed that she did not know that she was not supposed to be talking to media celebrities
You do not know what she claimed; you didn't see or hear any of that program because you wouldn't *allow* yourself to see it.

You have *no* information, all you have is your biased opinion, and what you *want* to believe.

#668796 Oct 29, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Wrong, amigo. "Virgin birth." Y'know?
All it says is that Joseph was the son of Jacob and the husband of Mary.
<quoted text>
So God *isn't* his father. There was *no* virgin birth.
I understand...I think...
But wait; you christians say "God" *is* the father of Jesus; Jesus is the Son of God. If you now disagree, then what *is* your religion all about?
Is it "God" or Joseph? Can't be both.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind.
You're concession is noted; I'll buy the next round.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Global Elites Are Moving Things Underground 7 min Marty Fong 17
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Michael 559,513
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min Dr_Zorderz 265,150
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Freebird USA 175,650
Restaurant Service - Condiments 15 min Springs1 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min mike 605,023
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min Jac 441,774
More from around the web