OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#668976 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you want to do that?
Maybe because that is obviously what YOU want, RR.
Pat

Granby, CT

#668977 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can answer those.
Since you can't answer them, you can't sit there and tell me what I was and was not taught in school.
What you were taught and what you learned are two different things apparently.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668978 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can answer those.
Since you can't answer them, you can't sit there and tell me what I was and was not taught in school.
As far as I can tell, you never graduated or made it past the 6th grade and not even really that as I don't think home schooling counts.

Yeah- I CAN tell you what you were taught and not taught in reference to your LIE that you were taught humans evolved from monkeys and apes.

IF that was the case, your teacher was not following the curriculum and knowledge to be passed on to students which was approved by the Department of Education.

However, even if you are NOT lying, you DID lie when you said "millions across America" were taught that humans evolved from monkeys and apes.

That is a flat-out LIE and all the more since YOU have even LESS of a clue as to what "millions across America" were taught than I have less of a clue as to what you were taught.

And apparently, you were taught NOTHING because you keep proving you LEARNED nothing.

Just FYI: Being the class clown and nodding off in class does not translate into you having been "taught".

You are a "brilliant" example of the old adage: You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink; in your case, it's:

You can lead RR to knowledge but you can't make him THINK.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#668979 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no secret in the number 9, but there is a secret in the spiral representing it and 6 that has to do with existing.
Take a piece of wire and wrap it into a flat spiral. Hold it up and look at it. Start at the middle and see what direction it follows. It will go clockwise or counter. Turn it around. It goes the other way. Now pull the center out a bit. Looking from the center follow how it turns. It will be clockwise, or righthand twist, or counterclockwise, lefthand twist. Turn it around and look from the other side. It will be the same. Pull that center out to the other side and it will follow the opposite direction. This is an interesting aspect of a two dimensional shape turned into three dimensions. The wire is a continuum being extended into another dimension. You can't do that with squares, triangles, or other geometric shapes. Those are measurements, not causes.
Without that continuum, you wouldn't have motion or force.
It gets complicated, but you use that directionality to apply force and shape things. You can even amplify force with it.
EM follows right hand twist.
The Disciple Series: Holy Infinite Cypher Kibbitz.

The <±.·:*¨`*ELECTRIC±UNIVERSE* ¨`*:·.±>

Of the Blather Mage, Dave Of Zizzy Edicts.

Lesson # 2. The Box.

<±The Dave Nelson±> "Okay, now, you all should listen to me verrry closely. I have more important things to say, the value of which is unimaginable, well, to me it isn't unimaginable, since I happen to understand it very well because I imagined it, so don't be discouraged if you don't grasp this right away.

I discovered this while performing another experiment that may relate to my Circumpolar Magnetidialectictric Geological Stringy Thingeory of Everythingy.

Today's lesson will be a thought experiment, if you will. Now take some wire. Not just any old wire, but wire that can be bent and hold its shape. Take that wire, straighten it out. Hold it by the end between two fingers, with the other end of the wire pointing towards the wall.

See what happens? Right. Amazing. You can't do that with string.

Okay, moving along. Now. Take a box. It needs to be a box big enough to fit your whole body into, completely. You can find that size in most appliance store dumpsters. Be sure to hold on to the wire. Now, cut a circle in that box, big enough for your head to fit through. Next, get in the box, close it up. It doesn't have to be insulated or absolutely dark inside for this particular exercise to work.

If you have a cat, make sure it's not in the same room while doing this, unless you're wearing safety goggles. Remember, safety first. Now, put your head through the head sized hole, cut to the proper dimension, per the instructions I gave you.

Add 2+2 in your head.

See? Do you understand what just happened there? You don't get that kind of instruction in the so called, "higher institutions of learning", and THAT...

...is what's called thinking outside of the box..."
Ben Dare

Wheaton, IL

#668980 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is showing.
But carry on, it is entertaining.
Your pompous ass is showing.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668981 Oct 30, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to think Dave is a "Poe" because no one can possibly truly believe all the wacky shit he writes on these forums...
I seriously think his meandering and mindless ramblings are alcohol-induced.

And- he loves the sound of his own voice and no doubt MUCH more than anyone else in this entire world does.

He speaks (types) simply to hear himself.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668982 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I was.
I was also taught about the 'nine' planets in our solar system.
My kids aren't learning that 'fact'.
Imagine that.
I have no idea why you keep bringing up the pluto thing. It doesn't reflect well. It was an issue of classification, it wasn't like we thought pluto was a star. And even if we did, so what? "Correcting mistakes" is not a criticism.
orangelion

London, UK

#668983 Oct 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- it's not wrong at all.
Sorry if it's too simple for you to understand.
Apes, monkeys and humans share a common ancestor.
From that common ancestor, some beings branched off to be apes and monkeys while other beings branched off to be human beings.
And that common ancestor was a PRIMATE- which is what monkeys, apes and human beings all are- PRIMATES.
That you deduce from that that humans evolved from monkeys and apes is what is so wrong.
And sharing a common ancestor in NO way means that human beings evolved from monkeys and apes.
All it means is that we evolved from the same common ancestor but again- you are so wrong to think that means human beings evolved from monkeys and apes.
Is there proof for this?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#668984 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Left or right hand twist?
http://education.jlab.org/qa/em_01.gif
I think that may be a pretty good representation of the eyes ±The Dave Nelson±, too.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668986 Oct 30, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And that common ancestor was of what genus? It wouldn't be ape would it?
<quoted text>
That is just so wrong.
On our family tree starting with Hominoidea the other species of ape branched off in this order;
Gibbons
Orang-utan
Gorilla
Chimpanzee
(Note that Gorillas branch of before the split between human and Chimpanzees).
http://www.jefflewis.net/graphics/blog/great-...
As all those are apes their common ancestors at each branch also have to be apes (that's how taxonomy works).
So as we share those common ancestors we thus evolved from apes.
By the same rules of Taxonomy the common ancestor of Old and New world monkeys must also be a monkey.
And with your "this is so wrong" comment, I guess you are arguing against Charles Darwin as well.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668988 Oct 30, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please provide the evidence he used to deduce that (unnamed) Pharaoh drowned because I've never been given it.
you are gonna have to read Maurice Bucaille book; The bible,The Quran and Science
there is a whole chapter about this subject , part 3 The Exodus Page 144, there are so many details regarding this subject

Just copy this link to your browser and click the first result
https://www.google.jo/#q=maurice+buqaile+pdf+...
orangelion

London, UK

#668989 Oct 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I think he uses that only for ChristineM since she's British.
But hey- I don't care WHAT Dave calls me; it's only the alcohol talking anyway.
provide evidence that evolution is true.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#668990 Oct 30, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa... that's some impressive gibberish there Dave. So in English you're saying that you believe in God in hopes that there's an afterlife and hence you'll eventually be rewarded for basing your entire belief system on mythology. But then if you just came out and said that, you wouldn't sound like nearly as big of a pompous ass as when you say it your way.
I believe in a higher being because of my technological training. Not one single iota of listening to others beliefs. Just pure analyzing of the circuitry. It is just "knowing". On the scientific level and personal.

It has no face or beard.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668992 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference between a theory and a scientific theory. I heads no problem with theories being taught, except when they're taught as fact - which they always are.
Again, how would you have them taught? Should a disclaimer be offered every time a teacher mentions evolution? "Warning: although the evidence for evolution is overwhelming, we should let you know that there is perhaps an unseen evil demon manipulating our senses so that it only seems like we evolved."

Seriously. It goes without saying that things might change in terms of what we "know" about the world. But we could barely teach anything at all if we could only teach "facts." The way we advance our knowledge is by passing down down information generation by generation, with each successive generation tweaking or completely changing it as necessary. Do you suggest we somehow refrain from doing this until such time as we have gained omniscience?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668994 Oct 30, 2013
orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
provide evidence that evolution is true.
You first. Provide evidence that you are not in an institution for the incurably insane.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668995 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Those aren't verses encouraging people to give thought. It's typical nonsense. They basically say "if you think about these things, you'll convert to islam."
I didn't comment on the other subjects because I didn't feel like listing everything.*Everything* you have posted so far is complete and total nonsense. It really is so bad that I can't decide whether or not you're a poe.
Poe's Law: Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.
ooh Finally you explained to me what POE means, I always wondered what is poe, I thought POE is someone who takes PILLS OVER EVERYTHING (like an addict), thank you for clearing that up :)

Anyways you are asking for the impossible, simply because its impossible to measure God, if we were able to measure him it would mean that our rules (The Rules of this universe ,physics ,gravity , a creature should be created by another creator) also can be applied on him thus he should be created by other god , and that would make us go again in an endless conversation .

I think its your turn to tell me what you really believe in, is it you don't believe in a creator and that's it..?!!
I am sure you have some kind of explanation

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#668996 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, how would you have them taught? Should a disclaimer be offered every time a teacher mentions evolution? "Warning: although the evidence for evolution is overwhelming, we should let you know that there is perhaps an unseen evil demon manipulating our senses so that it only seems like we evolved."
Seriously. It goes without saying that things might change in terms of what we "know" about the world. But we could barely teach anything at all if we could only teach "facts." The way we advance our knowledge is by passing down down information generation by generation, with each successive generation tweaking or completely changing it as necessary. Do you suggest we somehow refrain from doing this until such time as we have gained omniscience?
Your personal "scientific" conclusion there is no deity is not a fact. Science itself does not state such a thing. Science is the study of the mechanics of creation, not the creative event. The issue is you are trying to pass off your personal conclusion as scientific fact. The evolution of man is just a part of the mechanics toward a final product. Just leave it at the mechanics. But you aren't.

There are no courses in public school teaching what created existence, so there is no discussion or chance for the individual to decide. You are advancing your view via stealth, not by facts.
orangelion

London, UK

#668997 Oct 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You first. Provide evidence that you are not in an institution for the incurably insane.
I belief in nothing, I know nothing, I only disbelief.
And I disbelieve evolution.
There is much I don't know, so doubting is wise.
You provide you evidence for evolution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min truth 596,517
maa ko kaise choda jay (Mar '14) 25 min Vijji 16
Poll Why are asians so dumb? (Jan '13) 58 min asian 490
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 2 hr MUQ2 663
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 40,715
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 3 hr Raje 282
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr USaWarringIdiotSo... 1,035
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr End Times 612,638
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr An NFL Fan 177,211
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 hr I Am No One_ 444,356
More from around the web