Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#669215 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I find it odd that a person could hate the 'figment of some ancient charlatan's imagination'.
Ben Dare wrote:
Why do you find that odd? Don't you hate it when someone lies? Do you hate the lie? Same thing.
Het man, you're the one that hates the 'nonexistent'....

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#669216 Oct 31, 2013
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but again, what is space ?
Space is a fluid like sea of energy, so it never came to be because energy cannot be created, it was always there.
"God" is nothing but energy. You cannot have a "God" and energy, they are not separate from one an other, they are one and the same .
Man created "God" to explain an unknown force, an energy force. Man needs to have a materialistic image of something that they cannot see so as to make themselves feel better about the world, but it actually hinders our understanding of the Universe.
It's intriguing that you and I have developed much the same view independently of the rough mechanics of existence. This is not a view you read in books. You have developed a more philosophical focus than I. I'm still in an observation and schematic following mode. I know there is a switch somewhere to lock things into place. Just not so sure about throwing it if I find it.

The world has gotten better in a lot of ways, but perhaps the growth has left it a tad dizzy. It has no direction to head toward but itself for now. It's sort of like a child growing up.

Alamosa, CO

#669217 Oct 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gone through a door, that can never lead back to belief in the ridiculousness of bible mythology. Short of the magician himself presenting his heavenly miracles in the flesh. I tend to see it as a deception , a little white lie , that blew itself out of proportion.
It became a monstrous fraud for power hungry maniacs.
The same will happen with human secularism.

Mankind is a growing being trying to get itself together. It needs some help from the outside. Maybe not direct intervention, but a light to follow other than what he shines on himself.

Alamosa, CO

#669218 Oct 31, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Most of your jibber-jabber is based on these things you claim to "just know."
Too bad reality often interferes with your little fantasies and what you "just know."
Your realities are what they told you are realities. You are still an elementary school child sitting at the desk accepting what you hear as truths.

Alamosa, CO

#669219 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I can see you've been doing this a long time. 20,000 plus posts. Is that the best you can come up with? 4,000 posts a year for 5 years and the best you can come up with is keep your gps running so you don't get lost? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Just keep telling yourself you're one of the super intelligent. All that matters is that you believe it. The fact that 90 percent of the people on this forum think you're a buffoon shouldn't matter at all to you.(How do I know this? We could always take a poll and find out.)
Do that. Will be interesting to see how much my buffoonery has motivated enough emotion to cause people to vote. Be sure to leave room for comments.

Alamosa, CO

#669220 Oct 31, 2013
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/23838525/highway...

Never underestimate the resourcefulness of your secular superiors in catching evildoers.

I lived in AZ many years ago and have seen them on the interstate in about everything except bicycles.

Those days of 55 really sucked.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669221 Oct 31, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>The story of Adam and Eve is a reworking of the story of Enkidu and Shamhat, mythology that can be found in the Epic of Gilgamesh and that long predates Genesis (and Job).
Riiii-iiiight.....

So Enkidu & Shamhat have vigorous sex for a week straight so Shamhat can take Enkidu's "wild side" and the animals(his former sex partners) got upset.

That's EXACTLY the same as Adam & Eve, huh?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669222 Oct 31, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You, and these lot of kids, were taught incorrectly.
<quoted text>...because what you were taught was wrong.
<quoted text>Certainly not what you were taught, because it was wrong.
<quoted text>No they are not.
Saying "humans evolved from monkeys" only shows that one does not understand human evolution. It is not a fact, because it is incorrect.
<quoted text>No, your "problem with science" is that you do not understand what it is you are trying to talk about.
<quoted text>You might be careful not to misspell the word "their" the next time you are commenting on someone's utter stupidity.
<quoted text>Your opinion on what pregnant women do in order to prepare for pregnancy means nothing.
By the way, have you ever been pregnant?
So what I was taught was "wrong" and what they teach now is "right". Why?

Because science changes too damn much.

I wonder if my grandkids will be taught something different as my kids, because **now** it's "right"....

No dude, I'm a dude. I've never been pregnant, nice red herring though.

Normal people don't need to take a course on how to do something natural, only the "intellectuals" do.

Since: Oct 10

Louisville, KY

#669223 Oct 31, 2013
yes he loves you

Alamosa, CO

#669224 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what I was taught was "wrong" and what they teach now is "right". Why?
Because science changes too damn much.
I wonder if my grandkids will be taught something different as my kids, because **now** it's "right"....
No dude, I'm a dude. I've never been pregnant, nice red herring though.
Normal people don't need to take a course on how to do something natural, only the "intellectuals" do.
The world has changed.

Back when I was a newly empowered mind driven out of the factory it wasn't so crowded. We would go tearing down the highway or through the streets, with no seatbelts on. Oftentimes drunk. Experiencing and showing off what we had. We learned things the hard way.

Nowadays these young whippersnappers like Apsu do donuts in the parking lot and show us the brochures and magazine articles.

Very impressive.
Ben Dare

Schaumburg, IL

#669225 Oct 31, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But true, Timmy. I am but a simple and humble machine.
A fair and balanced assessment of that statement: Simple, yes; humble, no; full of unwarranted self importance, yes; funny, no; unintentionally funny, yes. As far as you being a machine, this may or may not be true. Your posts do seem programmed and are very repetitive and unimaginative, so possibly you just might be a machine, albeit one with some very serious programming errors.

Alamosa, CO

#669226 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
A fair and balanced assessment of that statement: Simple, yes; humble, no; full of unwarranted self importance, yes; funny, no; unintentionally funny, yes. As far as you being a machine, this may or may not be true. Your posts do seem programmed and are very repetitive and unimaginative, so possibly you just might be a machine, albeit one with some very serious programming errors.
I'm glad to provide you with something to wrap your mind around and exercise it. Perhaps one day it may lead to something really profound. You never know.
newsConfirms

Marietta, GA

#669227 Oct 31, 2013

FINAL BIBLE Prophecies -- In Plain View

http://youtu.be/HpJmADuZDpo

Ben Dare

Schaumburg, IL

#669228 Oct 31, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to read between the lines, dude.
He responded....
"Naw I don't hate him.... On second thought... yeah, you're right. I hate him."
You see?
RR, let me put it this way: Jesus is a concept of which I hate. I hate the fact that an astronomical sum of money has been channeled in the direction of perpetuating His mythology. I hate that the Jesus concept causes so much controversy throughout the world when His followers bump heads with people with different beliefs, and also how they are constantly proselytizing. And I hate how, ironically, His followers will look down on anyone who is intelligent enough to discredit His book of nonsense The Bible. It's the concept of the J man that I hate. Hating Jesus is like hating The Joker (another fictitious character whom I also hate).

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#669229 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, let me put it this way: Jesus is a concept of which I hate. I hate the fact that an astronomical sum of money has been channeled in the direction of perpetuating His mythology. I hate that the Jesus concept causes so much controversy throughout the world when His followers bump heads with people with different beliefs, and also how they are constantly proselytizing. And I hate how, ironically, His followers will look down on anyone who is intelligent enough to discredit His book of nonsense The Bible. It's the concept of the J man that I hate. Hating Jesus is like hating The Joker (another fictitious character whom I also hate).
I guess that, if Jesus returned and was again convicted and executed, Christians would start wearing a little syringe around the neck, or a tiny noose, or a teensy chair, depending on the country or state of residence.

Alamosa, CO

#669230 Oct 31, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
"intelligent enough to discredit"

Big assumption on your part.

Plus just what is your portfolio to elevate you to a position where you can pass judgement on them? The word discredit infers some superiority you feel to be so proactive. Excuse us if we don't assume you are more intelligent and knowing than everyone else in the world, past and present. Would you show us your papers, please?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#669231 Oct 31, 2013
orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
What proof do you have to prove the Bible is true?
well there's an element of faith involved.
i'm sorry for you if you refuse to exercise faith towards God but are more than willing to exercise it elsewhere - that's your prerogative

Alamosa, CO

#669232 Oct 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that, if Jesus returned and was again convicted and executed, Christians would start wearing a little syringe around the neck, or a tiny noose, or a teensy chair, depending on the country or state of residence.
God, you are such the intellectual. So deep in your thinking. Wow!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#669233 Oct 31, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospels are known to be written by anonymous authors; not whose names are on the chapter headings.
They are also not considered eyewitnesses.
they're not "known" to be written anonymously, but 'supposed' by scoffers. scoff away scoffer, but you're only excluding yourself, not me;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#669234 Oct 31, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Chemical probably.
scoffing problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Joe Fortuna 71,513
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min kent 699,388
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 39 min Doctor REALITY 14
School Fails Girl For Believing In God 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
"O.J. hit me while he (BLEEPED!) me! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Big Al 447,393
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 5 hr Dang Jersey Piney 96