Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668625 Oct 29, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Hazem, it is not only incorrect, it is wildly incorrect. The concept of "embryology" that you are defending is that - according to the Quran - a sperm drop and a blood clot join, gain the ability to see and hear, turns into a "lump," then turns into bones which grow muscle. This is as wildly incorrect as can be.
Bones do not grow muscle, there are no "lumps" that can see and hear, there are no blood clots involved, etc.
There is no science in the Quran, only ramblings that are representative of a person or people ignorant of the world around himself/themselves. You are simply repeating that ignorance and trying desperately to pretend it is real. People who believe themselves abducted by aliens act similarly.
its obvious from your reply that you didnt read a single word of what I brought you , you said " a sperm drop and a blood clot join, gain the ability to see and hear, turns into a "lump," then turns into bones which grow muscle " this sentence shows how inaccurate you are in reading and taking information, it seems like you are not capable of organizing your thoughts, I have one advice for you,

Stop imagining god as a big fellow with a big white beard and long white hair who lives up there on a planet, no matter how much time you spend imagining him you will never be able to understand his attributes.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#668626 Oct 29, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
its obvious from your reply that you didnt read a single word of what I brought you , you said " a sperm drop and a blood clot join, gain the ability to see and hear, turns into a "lump," then turns into bones which grow muscle " this sentence shows how inaccurate you are in reading and taking information,
Well, that is what the Quran says, literally.
I thought your claim was that the Quran is scientifically accurate?
hazem selawi wrote:
it seems like you are not capable of organizing your thoughts, I have one advice for you,
Funny to hear this come from you. You have went from saying that the Quran is scientifically accurate to claiming what the Quran says is not accurate.
hazem selawi wrote:
Stop imagining god as a big fellow with a big white beard and long white hair who lives up there on a planet, no matter how much time you spend imagining him you will never be able to understand his attributes.
It is indeed difficult to understand the attributes of an imaginary, invisible being. To understand the attributes of something, that something first has to be real.
Too bad this god you prattle on about exists only in your imagination and the imagination of others.

Muncie, IN

#668627 Oct 29, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You merely want to believe it was a stunt. He wanted to find out how difficult it was to register with Obamacare,
If this were the case, interviewing a call center employee would indeed be the place to go. The difference here is that he called her while she was at work and on the clock. He could have just interviewed her on his show, but he chose instead to call her while at work and while she was supposed to be helping those in need of help.
While he was pulling this stunt, other people could have been helped. There are problems, yes, but actions like this (by anyone, not just Hannity) only exacerbate the problem by taking time away from those in need of help.
and he wanted to know how many people actually signed up for it.
A call center employee is not the place to get data.
You hate that, don't you?
The only one expressing hatred, o wooden one, is yourself.
I just think you're funny.

Muncie, IN

#668628 Oct 29, 2013
How would you know, azzwhole?
Tell us what was in her contract, since you're pretending to know.
She was; and had a pleasant conversation with him. Of *course* you hate that.
What's to stop her from doing both? I mean, besides a hateful liberal like you?
I'm not being dishonest; you're just a hate-filled liberal azznugget.

That way, I don't get warnings from Topix about having my posts pulled, you stupid fucker.
If you are afraid of getting your posts pulled, why use so many obscenities? Can't you find a more productive way to express yourself?
You don't know if she "broke her contract" because you don't know what was in it. Shut up.

You don't know what her responsibilities were; shut up.
Well, according to the company this is the case. You can argue the point with them about what is in their contract, I suppose.

She claimed that she did not know that she was not supposed to be talking to media celebrities while she was supposed to be helping consumers signing up for healthcare (which sounds like it would be common sense, but I digress). Being aware of her contract and her job obligations were her own responsibility, and I would tell one of my own employees the same (as would all employers I have ever worked for would tell me). Assuming that one can put their job on hold, put consumers on hold, to answer questions from a TV celebrity while on the clock, shows a lack of judgment on her part. Thus her being let go.

It is much less dramatic than you are pretending it to be.

Muncie, IN

#668629 Oct 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Go to your kitchen and make a glass of salty water. Get some dirt from your yard. Dump some in the glass. After the water evaporates, eat the dirt. You can compare it to another sample from the same spot in the yard.
I thought you were talking about a violent rainstorm? You even compared it to the recent storms in Colorado.
Now, you are talking about a completely opposite scenario? In which to give support to your first scenario no less?
Why would all of that water evaporate during a storm? Where did the water vapor of enough water to flood the entire planet go?
This story of yours is getting sillier and sillier.
Dave Nelson wrote:
There is a difference between peat bogs and peat bog like conditions.
Okay.
What is the difference?
Dave Nelson wrote:
You probably think you are being cute acting like a dumb kid, but you are really just showing your inner self. Or perhaps you lack the existing articles written refuting the stuff I present, which is alternative perspectives to what you have been trained to think. That means you don't have the ability to think beyond what you were told.
Rather, I don't just make up a bunch of nonsense and pretend my nonsense is anything more than nonsense.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#668630 Oct 29, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupidity is believing your existence can only be as you are existing now.
Stupidity is living in a box and thinking nothing exists outside it.
It is your science that has established we live in a box, lovey.
Nope stupidity is behaviour that shows a lack of good sense or judgement.

But of course sense and judgement, and of course logic and scientific fact tells us that when you are dead you are dean and you do not tell stories when you are dead. Try asking a dead guy to tell you a story and see juts how stupid you are

A box called the universe, not a box of babble mythology. I know which I would prefer.

#668631 Oct 29, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Will find out tomorrow if the chemo is working.
I hope it is, if only to piss off RR. <smile>
Best of luck

#668632 Oct 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He also can't do Elizabethan Englsh.
Such a lot missing from his life and he does not even know what he is missing.

Muncie, IN

#668633 Oct 29, 2013
chance47 wrote:
I get being realistic - there is certainly sure to be much beyond the mental grasp of humans. Knowing this and accepting it are not always easy for people.
This logic can be used to justify the existence of elves.
chance47 wrote:
But, if I may take the concept further...
Considering how little humans likely know or ever will know, what level of ego is it to believe that we can know of God or understand the creation of the universe?
...or of elves, right?
Funny how much elves and God have in common, eh?
chance47 wrote:
The thousands of religions of humans over the eons have been one attempt after another of 'understanding' or putting a story to something that is almost surely beyond our grasp.
Not exactly, but I see what you are saying. What you are talking about, rather, is the mythology that the religions are built upon.
The Abrahamic god, though, is no different. It is the main character of Judeo-Christian mythology and is used (among other things) as an attempt to understand what was not understood - it was magic, performed by a magical, invisible being.
The "realness" of God is no different from that of thousands of other gods ... or of elves.
Do you believe in elves?
chance47 wrote:
Why does one of these religions - these stories - have any more or less credibility than any ohter?
They don't.
Thus, the story of Atum masturbating the universe into existence or of Enlil trying to wipe out humanity for keeping him awake at night (humans make so much noise)- are no more or less credible than the stories of the Abrahamic god.
That is, not credible in any way.
chance47 wrote:
There is also a difference between agnostic and atheist... you may want to look those up. A lot of folks are agnostic where you may just assume they are atheist.
That is right - everyone is agnostic.
Nobody has any "mystical knowledge."
But, keep in mind that everyone is also agnostic about elves.

Unless, of course, you can prove that elves do not exist...
Good luck at that!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#668634 Oct 29, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you were talking about a violent rainstorm? You even compared it to the recent storms in Colorado.
Now, you are talking about a completely opposite scenario? In which to give support to your first scenario no less?
Why would all of that water evaporate during a storm? Where did the water vapor of enough water to flood the entire planet go?
This story of yours is getting sillier and sillier.
<quoted text>Okay.
What is the difference?
<quoted text>Rather, I don't just make up a bunch of nonsense and pretend my nonsense is anything more than nonsense.
Perhaps you think too much and miss much.

I posted a lot more about possibilities of that flood on the Atheism requires faith thread last night and this morning. I will not repeat them here as it would be a waste of time. Ideologues such as yourself are not into reason and rational examination of issues.

#668635 Oct 29, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
spying is necesary to keep the peace in the world,
those who have nothing to hide dont need to worry.
So you are happy with your personal emails being intercepted and read by say, some analyst in Russia?

Or perhaps you are speaking intimately to a loved one by phone while some US agent is masturbating over your words?

Actually I agree with you to an extent. Although itís only those with the ability to spy successfully that say itís necessary

However the argument was Dave claiming it was all Obamas fault, not whether it was necessary or not.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#668636 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Wrong, amigo. "Virgin birth." Y'know?
All it says is that Joseph was the son of Jacob and the husband of Mary.
<quoted text>
So God *isn't* his father. There was *no* virgin birth.
I understand...I think...
But wait; you christians say "God" *is* the father of Jesus; Jesus is the Son of God. If you now disagree, then what *is* your religion all about?
Is it "God" or Joseph? Can't be both.
Never mind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668637 Oct 29, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
No I will not verify for you
Then we have nothing further to discuss on the topic.

Thank God.
Pat

Granby, CT

#668638 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Faith is not restricted to religion alone.
But we are talking about religious faith here, no?
Pat

Granby, CT

#668639 Oct 29, 2013
Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't need to exist outside of science, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but so far God exists outside of the science humans have discovered.
Science will always be incomplete due to the complexity of the universes and our limited biological brains.
So to me, belief in God or science both require a certain amount of faith.
Science is the rejection of faith. Science is the search for factual knowledge. Science is honest in its search for knowledge, faith is not. Faith just sides with whatever makes the believer feel good, facts are irrelevant to the dishonest death deniers (theists).

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#668640 Oct 29, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are happy with your personal emails being intercepted and read by say, some analyst in Russia?
Or perhaps you are speaking intimately to a loved one by phone while some US agent is masturbating over your words?
Actually I agree with you to an extent. Although itís only those with the ability to spy successfully that say itís necessary
However the argument was Dave claiming it was all Obamas fault, not whether it was necessary or not.
I didn't say anything about fault. That is the way things are done. I said him and his crew kneejerked an obvious lie instead dealing straightforward. It is that instinctive lying that creates the suspicions and credibility issue about what they are really about.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668642 Oct 29, 2013
*for the possibility of*

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#668643 Oct 29, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
for the first verse you completely skipped the original context
18:83 " And they ask you,[O Muhammad], about Dhul-Qarnayn. Say, "I will recite to you about him a report."
18:84 "Indeed We established him upon the earth, and We gave him to everything a way.
18:85 "So he followed a way " and after those verses you can bring the verse 18:86 " Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it [as if] setting in a spring of dark mud, and he found near it a people. Allah said, "O Dhul-Qarnayn, either you punish [them] or else adopt among them [a way of] goodness."
in other words this is a story about someone his name or nickname is Dhul-Qarnayn , he was a very powerful good man who god gave him power to conquer the world, so the verse 18:85 he followed away , he continued in his journey until he reached the west (the setting of the sun ) where he found people whom allah gave him the choice to punish them or adopt among them , its dafinetly a location in the west some scholars say its a location somewhere near the Mediterranean where Dhul-qarnayn was able to see the sunset behind the sea, its a very obvious metaphor.
If Dhul-Qarnayn conquered the world how come you don't know his real name?
Many people believe he is Alexander the Great that well known pagan warlord, due to similarities between legends about him and the Quran, other Muslims name different kings but no one knows for sure because the Quran only gives us a nickname.

Where did he start his journey? The Quran doesn't say.

18:85 "So he followed a way "
18:86 " Until, when he reached the setting of the sun...

It's not possible to Reach the setting of the sun. One can follow the setting sun but never reach it. Your God would know that but anyone who believed in a flat earth wouldn't.

18:86 ...he found it [as if] setting in a spring of dark mud...

There is no ď[as if]Ē in the verse. That's been added by the translator.
A spring is not a sea nor is it a metaphor for one. Springs are small. Seas are vast.
There are NO muddy seas!
There are many muddy springs.

18:86 ...and he found near it a people...

What people? What were they called what was the name of their country or city?

If we ignore the sun, the story becomes, some guy (unknown) traveled from someplace (unknown) west to some other place (unknown) where he met some people (unknown) who he either punished or adopted (but we don't know which).
This is the kind of nonsense I would expect from someone who had heard the story but couldn't remember the details.

It's only the nonsense about him reaching the setting sun that makes this a story worth telling.

Surah 18 was revealed in response to a test set by some rabbis. This means rabbis should know the actual story so what was it?
hazem selawi wrote:
- 31:14 "And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him,[increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination. "
how could that mean 6 months pregnancy ..??!!, this verse is saying clearly that the breastfeeding should be 2 years after the birth (and his weaning is in two years /ablactation )
I posted two verses.

31.14:...His mother beareth him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years...
46.15:...and the bearing of him and the weaning of him is thirty months,

30 months minus 2 years is 6 months.
hazem selawi wrote:
-55.14 He created the man from clay like the pottery
Can you prove that man was not created from clay ?!! this verse as in so many verses is talking about the first man who is Adam and the Quran clearly says that the man was originally created from Clay.
55.14 He created the man from clay like the pottery.

Potters clay is mainly Aluminium silicate.
Neither Aluminium or silicon are found in any living thing except as trace elements.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668644 Oct 29, 2013
Pat wrote:
Science is the rejection of faith. Science is the search for factual knowledge. Science is honest in its search for knowledge, faith is not. Faith just sides with whatever makes the believer feel good, facts are irrelevant to the dishonest death deniers (theists).
Why do you call us death deniers?
Pat

Granby, CT

#668645 Oct 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call us death deniers?
Because everybody who believes in god, does so for the same reason - to avoid facing their own mortality honestly. If the god garbage didn't contain the life after death foolishness, people would believe in god no more often then they do leprechauns. God exists in the minds of humans for one reason and that's to facilitate death denial. It is no coincidence that all believers in god also believe in life after death. God just facilitates death denial and this is exactly why so many people can not be objective and honest when dealing with this topic. In their minds, personally, there is just too much at stake so they throw reason to the wind and go with what makes them feel good instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 560,120
You are of your father.....THE DEVIL 5 min Doctor REALITY 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min atheist girl 605,257
Can REAL PEACE be REALIZED without Jesus Christ?? 17 min The Terminator 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min feces for jesus 96,832
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 175,773
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr _Bad Company 1,920
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr YellowPissreality 265,362
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web