Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#669104 Oct 30, 2013
orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You and him ain't as smart as you think, son.
He me be a hero to you, but I don't know why.
He's not the always the hero, but he is always next to one.
Don't you ever forget that.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#669105 Oct 30, 2013
Here's a real gem from this month! Wonder why this story isn't getting much attention (or is it?). Sounds bvery intriguing and actually may well be true.. at least after first thought.
Link:
http://www.bubblews.com/news/1298334-scholars...
My cut and pasting begins here:
Two historians, American Joseph Atwill and the UK’s Kenneth Humphreys, will hold a symposium in London on Oct. 19, at which, they say, they’ll present new evidence that Jesus Christ never existed and that Christianity and the Gospels are fabrications invented by Roman Caesars of the first century.
The two scholars claim the plot was conceived as a means to redirect violent Jewish revolt against Roman authority into a peaceful (thereby ineffectual) movement, designed to control the hearts and minds of the Jewish population, and subverting rebellion against Rome without employing increasingly resource-draining military and political tactics.
And, they claim, it worked brilliantly then and continues to do so.
Ben Dare

Schaumburg, IL

#669106 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. You're a Jesus hater.
Ok.
Naw I don't hate him. I just think he's a figment of some ancient charlatan's imagination. But I do hate the zillions of dollars that have been misdirected into supporting his mythology over the past couple thousand years. And I especially hate how millions of people have been killed in his name ever since he was invented. On second thought... yeah, you're right. I hate him.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#669107 Oct 30, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Not opinion dude....do the research.
Research?

Ok, let's start with your claim that Adam & Eve didn't exist. Show your research on that.

Or we can discuss this opinion of yours:

"The first five books of the Bible (the Pentateuch)(OT) are thought to have been written around the time of the Hebrew exile in Babylon i.e., around 600-500 BC and not by Moses. Job is considered the oldest book in the Old Testament and was written around 1275 BC"

How bout that nonsense, eh?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#669108 Oct 30, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
ooh Finally you explained to me what POE means, I always wondered what is poe, I thought POE is someone who takes PILLS OVER EVERYTHING (like an addict), thank you for clearing that up :)
Anyways you are asking for the impossible, simply because its impossible to measure God, if we were able to measure him it would mean that our rules (The Rules of this universe ,physics ,gravity , a creature should be created by another creator) also can be applied on him thus he should be created by other god , and that would make us go again in an endless conversation .
I think its your turn to tell me what you really believe in, is it you don't believe in a creator and that's it..?!!
I am sure you have some kind of explanation
I don't believe in any mythical creatures. If sufficient evidence was given to me, I would change my mind. But I strongly doubt that's gonna happen.

I don't understand your logic. If we were able to find god and "measure" it, that would necessarily mean that it was created by something else? Why is that?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#669109 Oct 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I'm the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now......
orangelion

London, UK

#669110 Oct 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, ya boys nothing kiddo.
And so is them M1 Abrams a bunch of shit.
All hail the challenger 2.
Ah, I see you recognise me.
but I will always recognise you as effeminate.

Location hidden

#669111 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your personal "scientific" conclusion there is no deity is not a fact. Science itself does not state such a thing. Science is the study of the mechanics of creation, not the creative event. The issue is you are trying to pass off your personal conclusion as scientific fact. The evolution of man is just a part of the mechanics toward a final product. Just leave it at the mechanics. But you aren't.
There are no courses in public school teaching what created existence, so there is no discussion or chance for the individual to decide. You are advancing your view via stealth, not by facts.
I have never "scientifically concluded" that there is no deity. I just don't believe in one. The fact is, the only good reason we have to believe in one is because billions of other people do and because it's hard to explain how the universe began, and frankly, I don't consider those good reasons.
Why should there be a discussion in school of "what" created the universe when we don't know? We know what was going on shortly after, and anything before that is unknown. We do know that we have never discovered even the slightest hint of proof for any deities; therefore it is disingenuous for you to imply that students should be deciding between a naturalistic view (the default position) and a supernatural one. As soon as you find evidence for creation, then you can start "teaching the controversy." Except, if we ever do find evidence for the supernatural, it would become the natural, and you would have to move on to new and improved pixies even more impervious to detection.

Location hidden

#669112 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Such requires an ego I don't possess.
That was funny.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669113 Oct 30, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw I don't hate him. I just think he's a figment of some ancient charlatan's imagination. But I do hate the zillions of dollars that have been misdirected into supporting his mythology over the past couple thousand years. And I especially hate how millions of people have been killed in his name ever since he was invented. On second thought... yeah, you're right. I hate him.
I find it odd that a person could hate the 'figment of some ancient charlatan's imagination'.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#669114 Oct 30, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
hahaha man ,I Was talking to "Just think" and just wanted to show him that The Quran also encourage people to think , thats it...!!
so after all you and I totally agree that there should be some kind of evidence or proofs of The creator existence, Aspu as long as you are looking for proofs you are on the right path, God doesn't expect you to believe in him without proofs.
The difference between you and I, though, is that you will believe virtually anything you read as long as it agrees with your pre-existing system of beliefs.
Thus, the verses from the Quran hold a great amount of meaning for you personally, but to others (like me, for instance) it is nothing more than gibberish.
hazem selawi wrote:
But you didn't read anything I brought objectively, you didnt like the spider story, the developmental processes for the fetus in the mother's womb, the fingertips , the torture verses and skins being replaced to keep tasting the taste of fire, the Big bang theory, the talking ants and the expansion of the galaxies.
you kept twisting words and facts in a lot of subjects you nearly know nothing about.
Rather, the material you were presenting was ridiculous. I literally repeated what was in the Quran, showing just how little sense it made.

It was written during a period of time when humans were trying very hard to figure out the confusing, unpredictable, and sometimes downright scary world around them. Modern science did not exist, nor did the instrumentation and methods of experimentation that exist today. Some people were on the right track - just like the example you provided from the Quran of there being a relationship between sperm and pregnancy - but these ideas had already existed for a very long time. It was not "revealed to Mohammed" or "mystical" or unique in any way to Islam. Their best guesses were still far from correct, though. Without the instruments and methods of research that exist today, the best explanation for the "cause" of everything was magic; they had no other way to explain the world around them.

The examples you have provided, for instance, incorporate magic in many ways. As an example, the "mingled sperm" simply gaining the ability to see and hear, then turning into bone and being "clothed" with muscle. None of this provides any actual explanation of anything, but rather tried to "put together" what they knew or thought they knew with the explanation behind it all, ultimately, being magic.

This supernaturalism and unscientific reasoning was incorporated into virtually all religions, as people attributed this magic to a set of gods, or with monotheism to a single god. The examples you have given thus far provide an example of one thing only - it gives an example of how this supernaturalism and unscientific reasoning that existed at the time was incorporated into the Quran.
It paints a picture of how people were trying to rationalize the world around themselves during the period of time in which it was written but provides no actual scientific knowledge, just superstitions.

The fact is, there is no more evidence of this god you talk about than there is of elves - that is, no evidence whatsoever.

Location hidden

#669115 Oct 30, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. You too can be a moron if you think typos alone make someone look stupid. Moron. Let's hope you don't have a typo in your own post like maybe the very next sentence....
<quoted text>
There was zero random content in what I posted. Did you bother even reading the posts and responses that were going back and forth? My post was a direct counter position to the post I was replying to. Now, failure to understand that makes you look stupid much more than the extra " ' " you typo typed in front of the word "And". Moron and hypocrite proven!
<quoted text>
I think the uncertainty principle is actually quite obscure. Maybe the mental blood is finer on Topix than in the everyday world or perhaps you think you are just superior in general than others, who can tell? But, I cannot recall any face to face conversation with anyone in which that person brought up the uncertainty principle. So, yeah, I was surprised as most people likely would be.
Get off your arrogance.
There are typos, like accidentally hitting the ' button, and then there are *typos,* like typing the word "idiot" as "idiocnwasbas" or some such nonsense. Why are your feelings so hurt?

The uncertainty principle is not obscure, I'm sure you would find that most, if not all of the regular posters here would know it. It doesn't make me arrogant to tell you that - I am by no means a physics expert, but I know it because it's relatively well known. What exactly were you "rebutting?"

Location hidden

#669116 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already told you what I was complaining about. If you choose not to listen, that's on you.
Your complaint makes no sense. "Let's set an impossibly high bar for what we teach our students."

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#669117 Oct 30, 2013
Ben Dare wrote:
<quoted text>You seem easily confused. Get the keyboard packed up, UPS is coming for it in the morning. This was a big mistake. You should never have been assigned one in the first place.
Oh, real good response. A measure of your intellectual prowess. The way you grasp things is just so remarkable.

Be sure to keep your GPS running so you don't get lost.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#669118 Oct 30, 2013
orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, ya boys nothing kiddo.
And so is them M1 Abrams a bunch of shit.
All hail the challenger 2.
Ah, I see you recognise me.
but I will always recognise you as effeminate.
Yes we recognize you dumbsky.

Alamosa, CO

#669119 Oct 30, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course science had nothing to do with starting the process, but it does take the credit for figuring out what actually DID happen.
You're suggesting some 'god' did the creating I suppose.
Tell me what makes you think that, and what proofs you have. I have never seen even one proof to make me think 'god or gods' are involved with creating humans.
Plenty of proofs for the other side (mine) though.
"Of course science had nothing to do with starting the process, but it does take the credit for figuring out what actually DID happen."

You said that with a straight face?

Show me the documents where they attest to that fact of yours. You know, the official stuff, not Dawkin's or Modern Atheist articles.

Location hidden

#669120 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Research?
Ok, let's start with your claim that Adam & Eve didn't exist. Show your research on that.
"The first five books of the Bible (the Pentateuch)(OT) are thought to have been written around the time of the Hebrew exile in Babylon i.e., around 600-500 BC and not by Moses. Job is considered the oldest book in the Old Testament and was written around 1275 BC"
Adam and even didn't exist. Our most recent common female and male ancestors didn't even live at the same time, let alone the same place. They were separated by tens of thousands of years I believe. And there is no 2 person genetic "bottleneck" dating from biblical times.

Come on, you claim a million things from the bible as metaphor, what's one more? The evidence against their existence is overwhelming.

But I'm talking to a guy who thinks every animal on earth survived a year long boat ride on a flooded earth, leaving no evidence behind, so maybe we should work on that one first.

Alamosa, CO

#669121 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That was funny.
But true, Timmy. I am but a simple and humble machine.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#669122 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Research?
I'm not going to do your homework my friend. Hints: humans have been around for at least 200,000 years, and the DNA shows here was never a point when humans were down to only 1 mating couple.

For the Pentateuch you'll just have to do the research. You won't find it on religious sites as they have a vested interest in keeping you believing. As for Job...just do the research, its easy to find.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#669123 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Your complaint makes no sense. "Let's set an impossibly high bar for what we teach our students."
You can't trust science, dude. Especially the theories. They just change too much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 6
Allah is Satan hiding behind the name 2 hr Doctor REALITY 9
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr revcomparty link 51,442
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 3 hr Picnic 38
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Holy dr Shrink 693,103
Gf gave me a dog, but it died. How to tell her? 7 hr Kelvin68 1
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,467
More from around the web