Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#668925 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you enjoy your supper of pavement pizza, don’t forget to save a morsel for the kids
Ok, now you're being ridiculous. Save food for the kids?!?

>:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668926 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, people do not have so much faith in it. People have "faith" in its ability to accumulate knowledge; the word faith is inappropriate however because it has been proven again and again that science is capable of expanding our knowledge. The reason that people value science is because it continually improves our understanding of the world while at the same time offering practical benefits like computers, phones, etc.
You say that people have so much faith in it, while in the same post you complain that theories change. You can't have it both ways. If people had "faith" in science the way people have faith in religion, it would never change. If science was full of the sacred cows you seem to think it is, it would never change. And yet it does, and you inexplicably complain about it changing in the same breath as accusing people of having too much faith in it. Our knowledge of the world grows slowly in a deliberate process and is continually refined, but for some reason you want automatic, unchanging answers. How do you expect us to just know everything all at once? We can't find the right answer without being wrong a few times first.
Your problem with smart people is their stupidity. Ok. You should probably stop using every modern convenience in your life, since all that stuff was borne of stupidity.
You're totally missing my point.

All I'm complaining about is how science is taught as fact before it's a fact.

That's all.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668928 Oct 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>That's simply not true; in other words, you are lying.
Or perhaps you were home schooled by parents who didn't know any better.
No- no public school- or private school for that matter- teaches or taught that we evolved from monkeys.
And of course, we did not, and that has been known for a VERY long time.
Where We Came From
1. Did we evolve from monkeys?
****Humans did not evolve from monkeys.*****
*****Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either.*****
Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...
Now what kids were taught in science class- along with "millions of others across America"- was about the "missing link" (or more scientifically put- a transitional fossil) between our fellow primates- monkeys and apes- and human beings.
"A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group."
"Missing link is a non-scientific term for any transitional fossil, especially one connected with human evolution"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_Link
So which is it, RR? Were you home schooled and learned how to absorb your parent's ignorance or were you in a real school and sleeping through science classes?
I find it is only those who are ignorant about evolution and/or try to deny the fact of evolution who are the ones idiotic enough to not only think evolution means we evolved from monkeys, but also have no real comprehension of what they were taught about how human beings came into existence.
I know what science teaches now, OCB.

But they used to teach something different.

That's why my science classes were completely different than the science classes my kids are in today.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668929 Oct 30, 2013
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/aus...

People and the things they do in pursuit of a buck.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#668932 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why my science classes were completely different than the science classes my kids are in today.
No- in our lifetimes, they NEVER taught that humans evolved from monkeys or apes.

Sorry- you ARE either lying or you slept your way through school.

The emphasis when we were in school and learning about evolution and the origin of humankind was on the MISSING LINK.

Why? Because we were NEVER taught that humans came into being directly from apes or monkeys.

Stop lying and stop talking nonsense- both quite insurmountable tasks for you, I realize.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668933 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't taught that.
Yes I was.

I was also taught about the 'nine' planets in our solar system.

My kids aren't learning that 'fact'.

Imagine that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668934 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And really- are you THIS dumb that you think it's only been the past 50 years or so that it's been known humans did NOT evolve from monkeys or apes?

You think it is a "new" discovery that we did not?

Cut the crap.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668935 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new s/worldnews/australiaandthepac ific/australia/10413743/Austra lian-woman-loses-bid-for-compe nsation-for-sex-injury-while-o n-work-trip.html
People and the things they do in pursuit of a buck.
O___O

Workers Comp for being injured during sex?!

WTF?

I should sue Hustler for the carpel tunnel....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668936 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all.
It's not taught as a fact, and theories will never be "proven" anyway. That's impossible. The way we determine that something is likely true is by devising ways to falsify it - the more times that it stands up to falsification, the more likely it is to be true. However, all it would take would be one "exception to the rule" to take down a theory, which is why they can never be truly proven. A common example is the "pre cambrian rabbit," in that finding one would deal a serious blow to the TOE.

After something has been repeatedly tested to the point that it may as well be called a "fact," what do you suppose we do? Not teach it? What are we supposed to teach if only 100% "facts" (an impossible standard) can be taught? Again, I think this is where your religious mentality harms you. You are under the impression that it is even possible to attain eternal, unchanging truths about everything.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668937 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all.
With all science that is taught, it is taught with "as far as we know" and/or "with as best as we can tell today".

Go back in your cave, RR and maybe visit with your nephew; after all, YOU are quite the monkey's uncle!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668938 Oct 30, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
ooh my bad I didnt bring you the entire verses to save time, here are some of these verses
16:44 "[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought."
16:11 "He causes to grow for you thereby the crops, olives, palm trees, grapevines, and from all the fruits. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who give thought."
45:13 "And He has subjected to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth - all from Him. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought. "
59:21 "If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah . And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought. "
30:21 " And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought. "
hahah I absolutely find every word in the Quran convincing, you didnt find the verses of spider, the finger tips or the talking ants convincing at all, but you didn't comment on the other subjects, why is that ..?!!
Those aren't verses encouraging people to give thought. It's typical nonsense. They basically say "if you think about these things, you'll convert to islam."

I didn't comment on the other subjects because I didn't feel like listing everything.*Everything* you have posted so far is complete and total nonsense. It really is so bad that I can't decide whether or not you're a poe.

Poe's Law: Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the idea that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

Alamosa, CO

#668939 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, people do not have so much faith in it. People have "faith" in its ability to accumulate knowledge; the word faith is inappropriate however because it has been proven again and again that science is capable of expanding our knowledge. The reason that people value science is because it continually improves our understanding of the world while at the same time offering practical benefits like computers, phones, etc.
You say that people have so much faith in it, while in the same post you complain that theories change. You can't have it both ways. If people had "faith" in science the way people have faith in religion, it would never change. If science was full of the sacred cows you seem to think it is, it would never change. And yet it does, and you inexplicably complain about it changing in the same breath as accusing people of having too much faith in it. Our knowledge of the world grows slowly in a deliberate process and is continually refined, but for some reason you want automatic, unchanging answers. How do you expect us to just know everything all at once? We can't find the right answer without being wrong a few times first.
Your problem with smart people is their stupidity. Ok. You should probably stop using every modern convenience in your life, since all that stuff was borne of stupidity.
You are confused.

Religions have evolved just as science has.

Science has become a religion whereas it has always existed alongside religion. The quest for knowledge and understanding is an intrinsic part of human existence, which is one reason for the existence of religion. You have turned that into a god to worship even if it has the same failings as religions. It is called the church of scientism.

Methodologies, and thus conclusions, continually fail in science. That is why you get science apologetics until a new methodology is employed.

There are science based religions. Even the Catholic church has science institutions within it. It is all in approach.

You have been brainwashed by your cult into thinking you are the only true religion. And objective.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668940 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I was.
I was also taught about the 'nine' planets in our solar system.
My kids aren't learning that 'fact'.
Imagine that.
A planet being re-classed as not being a planet is not at all the same as your stupid claim (and LIE) that you were taught that humans evolved from monkeys.

What your kids ARE learning is that at one point in time- and for a very long time- Pluto was classed as a planet.

And why that is no longer the case is explained as follows:

"Since its discovery in 1930, Pluto has been a bit of a puzzle:

It's smaller than any other planet - even smaller than the Earth's moon.
It's dense and rocky, like the terrestrial planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars). However, its nearest neighbors are the gaseous Jovian planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune). For this reason, many scientists believe that Pluto originated elsewhere in space and got caught in the Sun's gravity.

Some astronomers once theorized that Pluto used to be one of Neptune's moons.

Pluto's orbit is erratic. The planets in our solar system all orbit the Sun in a relatively flat plane. Pluto, however, orbits the sun at a 17-degree angle to this plane. In addition, its orbit is exceptionally elliptical and crosses Neptune's orbit.

One of its moons, Charon, is about half Pluto's size. Some astronomers have recommended that the two objects be treated as a binary system rather than a planet and satellite.

These facts have contributed to the ******long-running debate over whether to consider Pluto a planet.*****

On August 24, 2006, the International Astronomical Union (IAU), an organization of professional astronomers, passed two resolutions that collectively revoked Pluto's planetary status. The first of these resolutions is Resolution 5A, which defines the word "planet." Although many people take the definition of "planet" for granted, the field of astronomy had never clearly defined what is and is not a planet.

Here's how Resolution 5A defines a planet:

A planet is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun,(b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, and (c) has cleared the neighbourhood [sic] around its orbit [ref].

Pluto is relatively round and orbits the Sun, but it does not meet the criteria because its orbit crosses Neptune's orbit. Critics of the resolution argue that other planets in the solar system, including the Earth, have not cleared the neighborhood around their orbits. The Earth, for example, regularly encounters asteroids in and near its orbit.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/pluto-planet...

Now I don't expect you to actually read the above- too many words for you I'm sure.

At any rate, here you are again (actually, STILL) attempting to compare apples to oranges because you STILL don't get that there is no comparison between the two any more than there is a comparison about the origin of human life to whether or not Pluto is a planet or should be classed as such.

Nope- all YOU know is that since apples and oranges are both fruits, they must be very much alike despite that other than both being fruits and both being round, they're really not alike at all and don't share similarities such as color, taste, texture or both having cores.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668941 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused.
Religions have evolved just as science has.
Science has become a religion whereas it has always existed alongside religion. The quest for knowledge and understanding is an intrinsic part of human existence, which is one reason for the existence of religion. You have turned that into a god to worship even if it has the same failings as religions. It is called the church of scientism.
Methodologies, and thus conclusions, continually fail in science. That is why you get science apologetics until a new methodology is employed.
There are science based religions. Even the Catholic church has science institutions within it. It is all in approach.
You have been brainwashed by your cult into thinking you are the only true religion. And objective.
Religion has evolved? HAHAHAHA.

Gee- that must be why there are so many people today stupid enough to think it is FACT that the first man was created from dust and the first woman from a rib of that first man.

As far as your claim that "quest for knowledge and understanding is an intrinsic part of human existence, which is one reason for the existence of religion", I'm SO glad I wasn't in the middle of having a sip of coffee when I read that tripe.

You are SO brainwashed that all you do is PROJECT how completely brainwashed YOU are onto others.

Sorry- one of the reasons for the existence of religion is to keep the masses stupid, ignorant and living in fear.

The authors of the bible knew that; why don't you?

They knew the easiest and best way to control the masses was by keeping them stupid, ignorant and living in fear of a mythical being known as "god".

I probably shouldn't be posting to you and I really don't want a reply; not only do I not want to take you away from your nonstop mental masturbating, it's just fun to watch you do it.

Not sure if your never ending rambling posts are a result of you being mentally unbalanced or if they are a result of you keeping yourself pickled in alcohol- or maybe it's a combination of the two.

Whatever, Dave- do carry on- you're just a regular ramblin' rose!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668942 Oct 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- in our lifetimes, they NEVER taught that humans evolved from monkeys or apes.
Sorry- you ARE either lying or you slept your way through school.
The emphasis when we were in school and learning about evolution and the origin of humankind was on the MISSING LINK.
Why? Because we were NEVER taught that humans came into being directly from apes or monkeys.
Stop lying and stop talking nonsense- both quite insurmountable tasks for you, I realize.
Oh, you know what I was taught?!

What school did I go to? When did I grajumate? How many science classes did I take and what were they?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668943 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not taught as a fact, and theories will never be "proven" anyway. That's impossible. The way we determine that something is likely true is by devising ways to falsify it - the more times that it stands up to falsification, the more likely it is to be true. However, all it would take would be one "exception to the rule" to take down a theory, which is why they can never be truly proven. A common example is the "pre cambrian rabbit," in that finding one would deal a serious blow to the TOE.
After something has been repeatedly tested to the point that it may as well be called a "fact," what do you suppose we do? Not teach it? What are we supposed to teach if only 100% "facts" (an impossible standard) can be taught? Again, I think this is where your religious mentality harms you. You are under the impression that it is even possible to attain eternal, unchanging truths about everything.
I know the difference between a theory and a scientific theory. I heads no problem with theories being taught, except when they're taught as fact - which they always are.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668944 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you know what I was taught?!
What school did I go to? When did I grajumate? How many science classes did I take and what were they?
Get your bicycle chain fixed, RR- it's making back pedaling more of a challenge for you than is usual.

I can't answer your questions and the sad thing is, either can you.

It's apparent you either slept through science class, didn't comprehend what you were taught or else you were playing hooky; perhaps a combination of the three.

Otherwise, the only conclusion any SANE person can arrive at is that you are LYING.

And of course, I can rightly assume that you did have the most rudimentary of science classes and I can further assume it wasn't quite rudimentary enough for YOU.

You were NOT taught that human beings evolved from monkeys or apes.

End of discussion, LIAR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668945 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the difference between a theory and a scientific theory. I heads no problem with theories being taught, except when they're taught as fact - which they always are.
No- you've demonstrated here countless times that you are totally without a clue as to what defines a theory in layman's terms and as to what defines a theory in scientific terms.

Geez....even the SCARECROW knew that simply WISHING for a brain would not result in him actually HAVING one.

So while you WISH you knew the difference, you have made it woefully apparent that not only do you NOT know the difference, you don't WANT to know the difference- and so you do NOT.

Alamosa, CO

#668946 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not taught as a fact, and theories will never be "proven" anyway. That's impossible. The way we determine that something is likely true is by devising ways to falsify it - the more times that it stands up to falsification, the more likely it is to be true. However, all it would take would be one "exception to the rule" to take down a theory, which is why they can never be truly proven. A common example is the "pre cambrian rabbit," in that finding one would deal a serious blow to the TOE.
A perpetual state of study instead of a means to an end.

You are in a transitive state as a collection of mass and energy and thought from the materialistic viewpoint. What you are describing is going around in circles, although you will be falling off that merry go round eventually. Religion with an afterlife is jumping off the merry go round and hoping you will land on your feet based upon a belief you form here.

There is something outside that merry go round. Jump for where you think you may survive, or sit there and turn to dust.

Alamosa, CO

#668947 Oct 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Religion has evolved? HAHAHAHA.
Gee- that must be why there are so many people today stupid enough to think it is FACT that the first man was created from dust and the first woman from a rib of that first man.
As far as your claim that "quest for knowledge and understanding is an intrinsic part of human existence, which is one reason for the existence of religion", I'm SO glad I wasn't in the middle of having a sip of coffee when I read that tripe.
You are SO brainwashed that all you do is PROJECT how completely brainwashed YOU are onto others.
Sorry- one of the reasons for the existence of religion is to keep the masses stupid, ignorant and living in fear.
The authors of the bible knew that; why don't you?
They knew the easiest and best way to control the masses was by keeping them stupid, ignorant and living in fear of a mythical being known as "god".
I probably shouldn't be posting to you and I really don't want a reply; not only do I not want to take you away from your nonstop mental masturbating, it's just fun to watch you do it.
Not sure if your never ending rambling posts are a result of you being mentally unbalanced or if they are a result of you keeping yourself pickled in alcohol- or maybe it's a combination of the two.
Whatever, Dave- do carry on- you're just a regular ramblin' rose!
Your ignorance is showing.

But carry on, it is entertaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Aerobatty 123,165
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 681,729
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 16 min 07 Mustang 7,086
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min onemales mother 286,515
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 2 hr Har Har Har 152
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Har Har Har 223,187
asking a friend for a spanking (Mar '12) 4 hr Roberto 16
More from around the web