Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#668900 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather like religious crackpot is a religiouscrackpot?
sure - there are crackpots, religious and otherwise - and then there's peeps like me who you cannot refute:)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668901 Oct 30, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I type too damn fast and don't always proofread. Invariably there are buffoons out there who are kings of pointing such errors out as some sort of pathetic victory when they have no valid responses. Congrats, I crown thee sir dolt ! Good for you, Sir Dolt! Your credibility sinks further...!
The point is that if you are going to insult someone's intelligence, you should make damn sure that you don't make yourself look stupid while doing it.`And what was there to respond to in your post? You posted a quote and told someone you were surprised they had heard of the uncertainty principle, as if it's some really obscure concept.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#668903 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like second had whisky then fair enough but really it’s not something to tell the world
Hey I'm just doing my part to recycle....

Location hidden

#668906 Oct 30, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha man ,I Was talking to "Just think" and just wanted to show him that The Quran also encourage people to think , thats it...!!
so after all you and I totally agree that there should be some kind of evidence or proofs of The creator existence, Aspu as long as you are looking for proofs you are on the right path, God doesn't expect you to believe in him without proofs.
But you didn't read anything I brought objectively, you didnt like the spider story, the developmental processes for the fetus in the mother's womb, the fingertips , the torture verses and skins being replaced to keep tasting the taste of fire, the Big bang theory, the talking ants and the expansion of the galaxies.
you kept twisting words and facts in a lot of subjects you nearly know nothing about.
None of those verses encouraged us to think. They were sentence fragments with the word "thought" in them.

I don't even think you are willfully dishonest; you are just so happily ensconced in your religion that you truly believe this nonsense. Either that, or you're a poe. I have a hard time believing you think the verses about spiders, talking ants, and fingertips are even slightly convincing.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668907 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Left or right hand twist?
http://education.jlab.org/qa/em_01.gif
Follow the flow.

It is still progressing in a right hand twist.

That illustration illustrates just what I described about looking at the flat spiral. That educator and the educated like you have no depth. You are looking at a flat photo.

Ms. Einstein, you would have no magnetic field to induce into an iron core to make an electromagnet if that field generated from that single wire cancelled itself out by heading, note that term heading, in opposite directions. That would be two separate fields. This is a confusion resulting from the nature of polarity arising from a loop. The concept of two opposite flows to complete the circuit. More a math concept than a "physical" one. Very complicated and goes to the sub-nuclear level, but we are dealing with the net effect.

Let that be an illustration of your shallow thinking, and learn from it.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#668908 Oct 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
there could be a time and place for such things, darling. wanna chat w/me on the low?;)
Not really, I have better things to do, like going for a crap before I head off home

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

just better than yesterday

#668909 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick perverted moron. You try and you will not only spend time in hospital wishing you were a more civilised human being but you will also spend a couple of years in a nice warm and cosy prison cell with some big ugly bruiser reaming your gaping a$$.
Honey, I don’t think I am a man so will be no good for you anyway and most certainly not butch but you are welcome to dream if that’s what turns you on.
My dearest honey bitch I will insult who the fook I like particularly after they have insulted me first. You don’t like payback then tough.
Pay no attention to him Christine. He is Humanity's lowest common denominator.

#668910 Oct 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
sure - there are crackpots, religious and otherwise - and then there's peeps like me who you cannot refute:)
I have no intention of refuting you, however I can argue all day long about certain aspects of the babble and goddidt by magic. And I have certainly bettered much better men than you in such arguments. However there is a problem, those men were swayed by fact and logic whereas you simply go all incredulous in the face of facts.

#668911 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I'm just doing my part to recycle....
Hope you enjoy your supper of pavement pizza, don’t forget to save a morsel for the kids

#668912 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the flow.
It is still progressing in a right hand twist.
That illustration illustrates just what I described about looking at the flat spiral. That educator and the educated like you have no depth. You are looking at a flat photo.
Ms. Einstein, you would have no magnetic field to induce into an iron core to make an electromagnet if that field generated from that single wire cancelled itself out by heading, note that term heading, in opposite directions. That would be two separate fields. This is a confusion resulting from the nature of polarity arising from a loop. The concept of two opposite flows to complete the circuit. More a math concept than a "physical" one. Very complicated and goes to the sub-nuclear level, but we are dealing with the net effect.
Let that be an illustration of your shallow thinking, and learn from it.
Yet there is both left hand and right hand flow indicated

Actually we learned it differently at school. Thumb and 2 fingers held at 90 degrees to each other

Location hidden

#668913 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned that humans evolved from monkeys in grade school, a lot of kids did. Now they teach something else to my kids than I learned.
Which is correct? They're both taught as fact. That's my problem with science, that people have soooooo much faith in it they think it's always right.
My beef with the elite intellectuals, as you put it, is they're utter stupidity. Only an idiot would think they need to take a class to learn how to do something natural, like childbirth. Normal people don't do that, just the supposed elite intellectuals do.
No, people do not have so much faith in it. People have "faith" in its ability to accumulate knowledge; the word faith is inappropriate however because it has been proven again and again that science is capable of expanding our knowledge. The reason that people value science is because it continually improves our understanding of the world while at the same time offering practical benefits like computers, phones, etc.

You say that people have so much faith in it, while in the same post you complain that theories change. You can't have it both ways. If people had "faith" in science the way people have faith in religion, it would never change. If science was full of the sacred cows you seem to think it is, it would never change. And yet it does, and you inexplicably complain about it changing in the same breath as accusing people of having too much faith in it. Our knowledge of the world grows slowly in a deliberate process and is continually refined, but for some reason you want automatic, unchanging answers. How do you expect us to just know everything all at once? We can't find the right answer without being wrong a few times first.

Your problem with smart people is their stupidity. Ok. You should probably stop using every modern convenience in your life, since all that stuff was borne of stupidity.

#668914 Oct 30, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay no attention to him Christine. He is Humanity's lowest common denominator.
Thanks, I realise this, I have been unfortunate enough to smell the odour of stagnant sewer emanating from his posts on a few previous occasions

He is the type of person that gives christianity a bad name, the aspect of religion that I don’t like, abuse, threats and perversion in the name of his god, as you say, the lowest…..
Pat

East Granby, CT

#668915 Oct 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The future is nothing but assumptions.
But you can go ahead and bow your head and pray to it you have one to look forward to.
Poor confused Dave.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668916 Oct 30, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Pharaoh? There were many.
There is no historical evidence from Egypt of any Pharaoh drowning.
How do you tell from bones and dried skin that one had drowned?
The presents of salt might have fooled Dr Bucaille, but salt (natron) was used by the Egyptians to dry the bodies during mummification.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummy#The_Egypti...
So there is no evidence of any Pharaoh drowning or for the existence of Moses or any Israelites in Egypt.
Wallahi "igor trip" you are gonna have to read some of Maurice Bucaille Books I recommend Mummies of the Pharaos: Modern Medical Investigations and The Bible, The Qur'an and Science.

Bucaille was a French medical doctor and a member of the French Society of Egyptology thus he must know a lot about the Egyptian history, its his specialty.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#668918 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I was. All of the kids in that science class were, and so were millions of others across America.
<quoted text>
Science offers the best available info for some things, I agree.
But that "best available info" should be taught as such, not as fact.
That's simply not true; in other words, you are lying.

Or perhaps you were home schooled by parents who didn't know any better.

No- no public school- or private school for that matter- teaches or taught that we evolved from monkeys.

And of course, we did not, and that has been known for a VERY long time.

Where We Came From

1. Did we evolve from monkeys?

****Humans did not evolve from monkeys.*****

*****Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either.*****

Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...

Now what kids were taught in science class- along with "millions of others across America"- was about the "missing link" (or more scientifically put- a transitional fossil) between our fellow primates- monkeys and apes- and human beings.

"A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group."

"Missing link is a non-scientific term for any transitional fossil, especially one connected with human evolution"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_Link

So which is it, RR? Were you home schooled and learned how to absorb your parent's ignorance or were you in a real school and sleeping through science classes?

I find it is only those who are ignorant about evolution and/or try to deny the fact of evolution who are the ones idiotic enough to not only think evolution means we evolved from monkeys, but also have no real comprehension of what they were taught about how human beings came into existence.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668919 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet there is both left hand and right hand flow indicated
Actually we learned it differently at school. Thumb and 2 fingers held at 90 degrees to each other
You are missing the point. Again.

As pictured it appears there are two flows, but only because of the direction you look. It is the progression of the flow.

Note the direction of the current as they note. It is going towards or away from you. That direction of the current is determined by what you consider your starting point. Physicists consider electricity to flow from positive to negative. Electrical engineers from negative to positive. It is according to their perspective of of how the charge transfer is initiated. Effects on the nucleus, or effects on the electrons. The center of equilibrium was disturbed. Physics is gravity oriented, and thus nuclear oriented. Electrical engineers are force oriented, and thus electron oriented. It's the electron skin that does the pushing and pulling.

In either perspective, it is a right hand twist. If you follow the positive flow, it is right hand, if you follow the negative it is right hand. That illustration is using the negative flow and just looking at it backwards.

Some of those educators are dyslexic.:-)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668920 Oct 30, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to say we didn't evolve from monkeys could you at least explain the argument (because nobody ever does and it really p*sses me off!)
We did evolve from monkeys, just not any species alive today.
Old world monkeys are a separate branch from apes but the ancestor of apes and old world monkeys would look just like a monkey to you and me.
More importantly if new world monkeys are real monkeys then the common ancestor of old and new world monkeys MUST have also been a monkey! That's how Taxonomy works.
PLENTY of people have explained it; it is not the fault of others if you choose not to do research yourself.

From what I just posted to RR:

Where We Came From

1. Did we evolve from monkeys?

****Humans did not evolve from monkeys.*****

*****Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either.*****

Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq...

Stop spreading misinformation and thereby spreading ignorance and what is simply not true.

Location hidden

#668921 Oct 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I was. All of the kids in that science class were, and so were millions of others across America.
<quoted text>
Science offers the best available info for some things, I agree.
But that "best available info" should be taught as such, not as fact.
You weren't taught that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#668923 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't taught that.
But we can see RR was taught to "tell tales out of school".....or else we can see that RR simply wasn't paying attention or else he couldn't comprehend the subject matter.

Either way, what all of the above tells us is that the system did not fail RR; rather, RR failed the system.

Of course, many of us already knew that was a foregone conclusion before reading his post in which he stated that "millions across America" were taught that humans evolved from monkeys.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668924 Oct 30, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>None of those verses encouraged us to think. They were sentence fragments with the word "thought" in them.
I don't even think you are willfully dishonest; you are just so happily ensconced in your religion that you truly believe this nonsense. Either that, or you're a poe. I have a hard time believing you think the verses about spiders, talking ants, and fingertips are even slightly convincing.
ooh my bad I didnt bring you the entire verses to save time, here are some of these verses

16:44 "[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought."
16:11 "He causes to grow for you thereby the crops, olives, palm trees, grapevines, and from all the fruits. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who give thought."
45:13 "And He has subjected to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth - all from Him. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought. "

59:21 "If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah . And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought. "
30:21 " And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought. "

hahah I absolutely find every word in the Quran convincing, you didnt find the verses of spider, the finger tips or the talking ants convincing at all, but you didn't comment on the other subjects, why is that ..?!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Clearwater 123,071
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min swampmudd 6,891
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 28 min Corvus 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min Michael 681,703
New Arrival Nike Kyrie 3 Basketball Shoes On ww... 3 hr kyrie3sale 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 hr lil whispers 619,443
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr RiccardoFire 184,864
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr onemale 286,478
More from around the web