#668414 Oct 27, 2013
Hmmm..didn't work for me.

Oh, well. Good night.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#668415 Oct 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Through Him(the Lord Jesus Christ)ALL THINGS WERE MADE. And without Him was there not ANYTHING made that was made.
Please site a single verse in the entire Bible that says Jesus created the Universe.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#668416 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ?
Strange that the biggest argument for "life on Earth only" is the absence of water elsewhere in the Universe.
So... now that life is very likely throughout the universe, did they get copies of the Bible or do they have different "truths" ?
<smile>
Scarcity of water is NOT the best argument against life existing outside of our solar system, high energy radiation is, loonwad.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#668417 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ?
Strange that the biggest argument for "life on Earth only" is the absence of water elsewhere in the Universe.
So... now that life is very likely throughout the universe, did they get copies of the Bible or do they have different "truths" ?
<smile>
Dumbass.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/...

Try thinking before you post.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#668418 Oct 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Through Him(the Lord Jesus Christ)ALL THINGS WERE MADE. And without Him was there not ANYTHING made that was made.
Word!

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/book.php...

More harmonics.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#668419 Oct 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dumbass.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/...
Try thinking before you post.
I stood corrected and acknowledge that I was wrong.

I realize that is beyond your comprehension.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#668420 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
There goes the major obstacle to extraterrestrial life.
Hardly, dumbass.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#668422 Oct 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly, dumbass.
And you call ME a hateful bastard.

You can always be counted on to deliver an insult.

Or two.

Or more.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668423 Oct 27, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
Personally I like this word for word translation.
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp...
51:47 And the heaven We constructed it with strength, and indeed, We (are) surely (its) expanders.
This translates the word lam&#363;si&#703; &#363;na as expanders rather than expanding.
Now compare this to the next verse.
51:48 And the earth, We have spread it; how excellent are the Spreaders!
Is the earth still being spread by the spreaders? Is it still being expanded by the expanders?
The verse is just boasting about he vastness of the heavens, that's all.
There is a big difference between verse 51:47 and verse 51:48

51:47 : "And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander."

lam&#363;si&#703;& #363;na : expanders , lam&#363;si&#703;& #363;na its nominative masculine plural (form IV) active participle ,wa-inn&#257; lam&#363;si&#703;& #363;na certainly describes an expander who is still expanding ,
wa-inn&#257; lam&#363;si&#703;& #363;na , wa-inn&#257; changes the whole grammar and the sentence ,[la][m&#363;si&#703; &#363;na]:[la]:emphatic prefix

Arberry: And heaven -- We built it with might, and We extend it wide.
extend it wide , not extended it

the second verse is different
"And the earth We have spread out, and excellent is the preparer."
"wal-ar&#7693;a farashn&#257;h&#257; fani&#703;'ma l-m&#257;hid&#363;na "
Wal-arda :the earth , farashnaha :have spread out in the (past),fani&#703;'ma :how excellent , l-m&#257;hid&#363;na : spreaders "

this verse certainly describes the excellence of spreading the earth in the past , farashn&#257;h&#257;: we have Spread out (in the Past)
thus it describes the excellence of a past event,

its like saying "igor trip" painted his car, and excellent is the painter . you certainly finished painting your car
you can find some explanations about wa-inn&#257; in the advanced Arabic grammar.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#668424 Oct 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you call ME a hateful bastard.
You can always be counted on to deliver an insult.
Or two.
Or more.
FU! He's been a belligerent, muddle-headed little prihk since day 1.

Location hidden

#668425 Oct 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Also, it's not even completely for sure that the universe began with the big bang. I guarantee if the general consensus shifts to another model, muslim apologists will go scrambling to find verses that sound vaguely like it. And then you'll insist that the quran predicted it all along.
So far not a single scientific Error was found in the Quran,there is no contradictions in the Quran either, God challenges the whole human race not to get a book like Quran but to get a single chapter like it.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#668426 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Perhaps the data to show such has not been examined.
40 days and nights of rain will wash mountains down to bare rock.
Based on what evidence? This is a ridiculous claim.
It rains for longer periods of time in some parts of the world every year, yet your scenario does not happen.
Dave Nelson wrote:
The sediment will be spread according to the lay of the land and currents created. Once all that mud settled the erosion causing dirt in the mountains would start over again to make what we have today. Or that dirt you have now was dumped there by the flood.
Once again, there is no evidence to support this scenario you just made up. Some deep canyons, for instance, have taken many tens of millions of years to erode.
Dave Nelson wrote:
I don't think a thorough enough study of all factors has been down to say yay or nay.
My local library lists 396 journals and over 4,000 books about geology. Yet, you claim not "a thorough enough study of all factors"?
Based on what sort of logic?
The fact is that no evidence exists of this biblical global flood. Extensive geological research performed worldwide has never found anything that would substantiate such a wild claim.
Dave Nelson wrote:
I do know I have driven across western Turkey at elevations of a 1000 ft or so and the landscape look like it could not have been done except by a huge flood. Glaciers would have left things less sharp and ragged.
Well, this would be a local flood, now wouldn't it.

The funniest thing is that people who support this idea of a global flood forget to take into account that such a thing would also kill all plant life on the planet. Miraculously we now have over 300,000 species.
Funny that.

Muncie, IN

#668427 Oct 27, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
So far not a single scientific Error was found in the Quran,there is no contradictions in the Quran either, God challenges the whole human race not to get a book like Quran but to get a single chapter like it.
The Quran holds no relationship with science. So far, all the arguments you have made show that the Quran is dramatically incorrect in its assessments of the natural world and is simply gibberish.

For instance, blood-clot/sperm monsters turning into "lumps" as an explanation of human development. I've never heard anything so ridiculous.

Long Beach, CA

#668429 Oct 27, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference between verse 51:47 and verse 51:48
Are you kidding?

The difference is one lousy cent!

A penny.

If to you that's a big difference, you religionists are too petty.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668430 Oct 27, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scie ntific_Errors_in_the_Qur'an

Enjoy. Just a few: humans were not made from clay, humans were not made in an instant, the sun does not set into water, the sun does not revolve around the earth, stars are not "adornments on the nearest part of heaven," etc...

Muncie, IN

#668432 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
45 days of a global rain would be more dramatic.
Again, it rains longer than that during yearly cycles in some parts of the world. Your scenario just doesn't happen in real life.
Dave Nelson wrote:
You also have the current action kicking in.
There is water vapor floating in space, and in very large concentrations. The earth could have passed through one. That water would have been added to the planet just as billions of years of cosmic particles at tons per day. The preceding world is always getting covered over.
...and your evidence of such a thing happening in a scenario like you are describing?
Dave Nelson wrote:
That can throw the old monkey wrench in what is taken now for geologic constants.
...but based on the lack of evidence to support your convoluted fantasy, we so not have to worry about such a thing.
I'm sure that "mountain-building elves" would throw a monkey-wrench into geologic constants, as well. Similarly, we do not have to worry about such a thing.

Should scientists start considering that maybe Paul Bunyan carved the Grand Canyon?
Dave Nelson wrote:
Someone with better skills than me can give us a rough approximation of how much mass has been added to the earth over the eons from these links.
http://intellihub.com/2013/07/27/portals-lead...
Are you serious?
This is a silly conspiracy theory website with the same level of confidence as the Weekly World News.
Let me guess, you believe in Batboy too?
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E arth_mass
...and the obligatory random website bearing no relationship with your scenario.
Dave Nelson wrote:
I posted the same process almost three years ago. Understand those are mostly plasmas that when they do combine on the earth they tend to fluff up as those molecules combine and add space between them. This is a very dynamic and ongoing process. The energy and mass of the earth changes on a daily basis. As will the calculations used for those assumed constants.
Someone do the numbers. Subtract the amounts collected from the present. Oh, that is just particles from the sun.
No, rather it is your delusions acting up again. It makes no more sense now than it would have three years ago.

Long Beach, CA

#668433 Oct 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>FU! He's been a belligerent, muddle-headed little prihk since day 1.
And you see it as your job to be the Topix insulter of all those you don't like?

Does that job pay well?

Or maybe the benefits are good?
allan

Fallon, NV

#668434 Oct 27, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
You wrote this didn't you? Reason is a proof in itself, as God don't need proof of you. If it were proved, would it change anything? So how could God let you prove God? What would satisify your uncertainty? Something is way more probable and possible than Nothing, and with Ideas, there's no such thing as Nothing or Non-Existence, which by it's name doesn't exist. The only thing that doesn't exist is Non-Existence as Nothing.

Location hidden

#668435 Oct 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?
The difference is one lousy cent!
A penny.
If to you that's a big difference, you religionists are too petty.
in Arabic there is a big difference, a 7 years old boy who speaks Arabic can instantly notice the difference, otherwise Saudi Arabia scientists wouldn't be bragging about that discovery in the Quran, the Arabs themselves wouldn't believe it unless it was obvious and a 100% true At the level of language.

Long Beach, CA

#668436 Oct 27, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
in Arabic there is a big difference, a 7 years old boy who speaks Arabic can instantly notice the difference, otherwise Saudi Arabia scientists wouldn't be bragging about that discovery in the Quran, the Arabs themselves wouldn't believe it unless it was obvious and a 100% true At the level of language.
Arabic math is different from Western math?

What would 72 in Arabic come out to in Western?

(Trick question.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Oxbow 560,315
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min andet1987 5,150
Scientific proof for God's existence 18 min andet1987 47
Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 49 min Loggerblogger 56
Pau Gasol leads Bulls past Lakers, 113-93 56 min discocrisco 1
Aguaje Results- Aguaje Powder (May '13) 1 hr BellaInParis 7
Sharing my wife's nude pics to be exposed (May '14) 1 hr justplainted 57
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rick in Kansas 265,398
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Remnant of 144000 605,298
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 6 hr yon 4,848
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr hpcaban 441,809
More from around the web