Prove there's a god.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#668547 Oct 28, 2013
Subliminal Criminal wrote:
You can't scientifically prove that which exists outside of scientific understanding.
Its called faith for a reason.
And why exactly must God exist outside of scientific understanding?

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#668548 Oct 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Ah, the Topix atheist mind is something to behold.
The power in it. Very impressive.
What else could be thrilled to learn from other men that they aren't nothing more than stellar shit? Just odor emitting little clumps of insignificant matter in a huge expanse. With nothing beyond its borders. A nice closed up space with just them and everything else.
But the education really perks their butts up Oh, the liberation!! The empowerment!
Now they can be themselves and go out and conquer the universe.
It is true that you are nothing more than "stellar dirt". But it does not have to be like that. You can bring all your parts into harmony but first you have to give up the wrong belief about yourself that you are a single individual living in a state of harmony. You are a mish mash of contradictory ego's each taking control one after another. You can verify if this is true of not but you do not want your sleep disturbed so you will continue to believe there is a God and everything is just roses roses.

The reason you do not hear the higher parts of your brain, and they are there fully functioning is because the lower parts of your triune brain are in conflict with one another, only when you can balance the three into a harmonious state can you begin to experience the intelligence of the higher parts.

Like I said you are cut off from these higher parts although they are fully functioning; a long time ago when a temporary separation of the higher from the lower happened in the human brain it was called the fall of man.

It is like your ancestors were put to sleep and now you do not know how to wake up.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#668549 Oct 28, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
make up your mind - are you atheist (aka gaytheist) or jew?
Why do you have such a problem with gay theists?

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668550 Oct 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that you are nothing more than "stellar dirt". But it does not have to be like that. You can bring all your parts into harmony but first you have to give up the wrong belief about yourself that you are a single individual living in a state of harmony. You are a mish mash of contradictory ego's each taking control one after another. You can verify if this is true of not but you do not want your sleep disturbed so you will continue to believe there is a God and everything is just roses roses.
The reason you do not hear the higher parts of your brain, and they are there fully functioning is because the lower parts of your triune brain are in conflict with one another, only when you can balance the three into a harmonious state can you begin to experience the intelligence of the higher parts.
Like I said you are cut off from these higher parts although they are fully functioning; a long time ago when a temporary separation of the higher from the lower happened in the human brain it was called the fall of man.
It is like your ancestors were put to sleep and now you do not know how to wake up.
Nice and New Age like, with no doubts bits of truth in it. Like many other things. I can quite understand how trying to keep control of your mind while on an acid trip, the retreat into your core self and peeking out, can give you these insights.

Alan, you are not the best advertisement for your product.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#668551 Oct 28, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that is the only safety net available for a delusion.

Alamosa, CO

#668553 Oct 28, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that is the only safety net available for a delusion.
Snark, snark.

Very intellectual.

Pat, hold you hand out in front of you in a good light. That is part of you, is it not? Part of your whole being, is it not? It even contributes to your thinking, does it not?

Look at it hard. Communicate with it. Talk to it. Rest it on the table. Make it move with your mind.

Listen closely and see if it is speaking to you in some way.
orangelion

London, UK

#668554 Oct 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Snark, snark.
Very intellectual.
Pat, hold you hand out in front of you in a good light. That is part of you, is it not? Part of your whole being, is it not? It even contributes to your thinking, does it not?
Look at it hard. Communicate with it. Talk to it. Rest it on the table. Make it move with your mind.
I have a very deep voice, lol, if only you could hear me roar in bass "I know myself and everything ABOUT ABOUT MYSELF, I LOVE MYSELF MY PRIDE SEEKING NATURE MY AGGRESSIVENESS MY FURY MY INTELLECT MY LACK OF AFFECTION I AM INDEED A MAN" HHHHHHHHAAAAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#668555 Oct 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sparkle sparkle little twink
Who the hell you am I think
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x243e3_milli...

lol

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#668556 Oct 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
What is the driving force of life?
What is the phenomenon that gets things done?
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists call it natural laws, you call it God.
I don't see a difference.

I call it will.
War of the wills.
It's mind over matter , Your will against mine.
I will win.

Because I don't mind , and you don't matter. No offense...
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#668557 Oct 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Snark, snark.
Very intellectual.
Hey, check this out. Fascinating and beautiful..

http://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow.c...

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#668558 Oct 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why people accepted a scheme where benefits stated past the average age where most of us die is a mystery. What they will probably do is keep raising the age of retirement so fewer and fewer people qualify for benefits. That way they can waste the money on other projects.
It is also strange that parents don't seem to mind burdening their children and grand children with this huge debt.
When people complain to me I tell them,'you voted for them, I didn't.'
But are you willing to fight for the right , of the law of the land written already?

We are, and exist in numbers that will make your head spin.

http://www.wallcg.com/images/2012/11/movies-d...

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#668559 Oct 28, 2013
chance47 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing exists outside of this , except imagination.

Alamosa, CO

#668560 Oct 28, 2013
orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a very deep voice, lol, if only you could hear me roar in bass "I know myself and everything ABOUT ABOUT MYSELF, I LOVE MYSELF MY PRIDE SEEKING NATURE MY AGGRESSIVENESS MY FURY MY INTELLECT MY LACK OF AFFECTION I AM INDEED A MAN" HHHHHHHHAAAAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Oh. Surely.

How often do you have these episodes? What kind of events precede them? What color is the pill?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#668561 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
God doesn't need to exist outside of science, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but so far God exists outside of the science humans have discovered.
Science will always be incomplete due to the complexity of the universes and our limited biological brains.
So to me, belief in God or science both require a certain amount of faith.
Science requires knowledge, god requires the lack of it. Any questions? Good... get in line and do not fear what comes to face you soldier, No faith needed but courage will be something you have to use, or perish from stupidity.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain."

Paul Atreides

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#668562 Oct 28, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
" From those, too, who call themselves Christians, we did take a covenant, But they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them.... And soon will God show them what it is they have done."[5:14]. Muslims view their message as superior to that of the Christians.
"Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers (read: Muslims) wilt thou find Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the Believers wilt thou find those who say,'We are Christians'." [5:82]
My resolve has no faith, but builds an Empire.
Faith is that my fellowman shall not stumble or falter, and we will conquer all before us.

Alamosa, CO

#668564 Oct 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Science requires knowledge, god requires the lack of it. Any questions? Good... get in line and do not fear what comes to face you soldier, No faith needed but courage will be something you have to use, or perish from stupidity.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain."
Paul Atreides
Fear was what got Adam and Edie kicked out.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#668565 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
God doesn't need to exist outside of science, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but so far God exists outside of the science humans have discovered.
Science will always be incomplete due to the complexity of the universes and our limited biological brains.
So to me, belief in God or science both require a certain amount of faith.
I get being realistic - there is certainly sure to be much beyond the mental grasp of humans. Knowing this and accepting it are not always easy for people.
But, if I may take the concept further...
Considering how little humans likely know or ever will know, what level of ego is it to believe that we can know of God or understand the creation of the universe?
The thousands of religions of humans over the eons have been one attempt after another of 'understanding' or putting a story to something that is almost surely beyond our grasp.
Why does one of these religions - these stories - have any more or less credibility than any ohter?
There is also a difference between agnostic and atheist... you may want to look those up. A lot of folks are agnostic where you may just assume they are atheist.

Alamosa, CO

#668566 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
When knowledge is complete, and science is complete, then we can assume what you said is true. Until then, you are just an opinionated wind-bag who believes its courageous to not believe in something bigger than your own understanding.
Nothing exists outside your own knowledge, which makes you an egomaniac and an idiot.
No offense.
Auralie isn't really an egomaniac.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#668567 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
When knowledge is complete, and science is complete, then we can assume what you said is true. Until then, you are just an opinionated wind-bag who believes its courageous to not believe in something bigger than your own understanding.
Nothing exists outside your own knowledge, which makes you an egomaniac and an idiot.
No offense.
Knowledge is complete enough, to know. Exactly what are you refuting here? What is bigger than my understanding?
You are dreaming up ways to buck up , and find yourself in the
pile of stupid.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#668568 Oct 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Knowledge is complete enough, to know. Exactly what are you refuting here? What is bigger than my understanding?
You are dreaming up ways to buck up , and find yourself in the
pile of stupid.
We have no moral right to decide on a basis of opinion, that which can be determined as a matter of fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min RiversideRedneck 47,868
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 min Brian_G 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 58 min truth 646,325
White women leaving their white families in dro... (Aug '09) 1 hr Johnny 326
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,012
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr Breedu 493
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 7 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web