Prove there's a god.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#668390 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
All he does is babble nonsense when he isn't lying.
He is a case study in pathological lying.
You do absolutely NOTHING with your BORING life but post to invisible people all day and night. Man your life must really stink.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#668391 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the data to show such has not been examined.
40 days and nights of rain will wash mountains down to bare rock. The sediment will be spread according to the lay of the land and currents created. Once all that mud settled the erosion causing dirt in the mountains would start over again to make what we have today. Or that dirt you have now was dumped there by the flood. I don't think a thorough enough study of all factors has been down to say yay or nay. I do know I have driven across western Turkey at elevations of a 1000 ft or so and the landscape look like it could not have been done except by a huge flood. Glaciers would have left things less sharp and ragged.
Erosion is seen in many places. That doesn't indicate a "worldwide deluge". It's just erosion.

Parts of Texas had 45 days of rain and it didn't wash those parts of Texas away.

Mountains or otherwise.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668392 Oct 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Dave, you want to wash the crud off rocks?
Make a clean mountain huh? Irish spring kinda mountains huh?
:-)

Don't forget there were lots of phosphates and borax laying around the place. Probably bleach, too. And acids.

And a whole bunch of water.

It all comes out in the wash.

Location hidden

#668393 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
All he does is babble nonsense when he isn't lying.
He is a case study in pathological lying.
That's all he can do when asked to supply any supporting evidences or proofs for his outlandish claims.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668394 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the ole "they didn't study hard enough" cop out.
There are hundreds of sources to get the same info, you just don't want to see it.
What? I don't even understand what you're saying. I pointed out that their study does not fit with the actual "parting" story, that they run a website whose stated goal is to bring people to jesus, and that their motivations are therefore suspect. I also mentioned that there is no evidence for the exodous story and that the red sea is probably a bad translation.

I said nothing about "not studying hard enough."

Where are these "hundreds of sources" that lend credence to the red sea story? Additionally, why are studies even necessary to explain a supernatural event? That makes no sense. If it was done with magic, you don't need to prove it by physical means.

Location hidden

#668395 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
A computer simulation by a godbot.
Just like World of Warcraft..... only less realistic.
Pretty much.

Location hidden

#668396 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There would not be evidence of the Red Sea parting, would there? The water split, then went back to normal. There'd be no evidence to find. But there is evidence that it can physically happen.
There is evidence of the great flood, you refuse to acknowledge the evidence, it tears apart your beliefs too much.
There is no evidence for a flood, not to mention the fact that it would have been logistically impossible.

Alamosa, CO

#668397 Oct 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Erosion is seen in many places. That doesn't indicate a "worldwide deluge". It's just erosion.
Parts of Texas had 45 days of rain and it didn't wash those parts of Texas away.
Mountains or otherwise.
45 days of a global rain would be more dramatic. You also have the current action kicking in.

There is water vapor floating in space, and in very large concentrations. The earth could have passed through one. That water would have been added to the planet just as billions of years of cosmic particles at tons per day. The preceding world is always getting covered over.

That can throw the old monkey wrench in what is taken now for geologic constants.

Someone with better skills than me can give us a rough approximation of how much mass has been added to the earth over the eons from these links.

http://intellihub.com/2013/07/27/portals-lead...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_mass

I posted the same process almost three years ago. Understand those are mostly plasmas that when they do combine on the earth they tend to fluff up as those molecules combine and add space between them. This is a very dynamic and ongoing process. The energy and mass of the earth changes on a daily basis. As will the calculations used for those assumed constants.

Someone do the numbers. Subtract the amounts collected from the present. Oh, that is just particles from the sun.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#668398 Oct 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Erosion is seen in many places. That doesn't indicate a "worldwide deluge". It's just erosion.
Mountains or otherwise.
Hehehe.

During Wilma, I got about 8" of rain in a matter of hours.

During the No Name storm, I got a heck of a lot more than that.

Alamosa, CO

#668399 Oct 27, 2013
That was not the proper link about portals. Try this one.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/...

Location hidden

#668400 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>There are hundreds of sources to get the same info, you just don't want to see it.
Also, the constant refrain of "you just don't want to see it" is really irritating. You aren't selling a scary product. I would love to believe that I'll get to hang out with the creator of the universe and all my loved ones after I die, and I would love to believe that the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE personally loves me and has a plan for me. I just can't believe something so incredible without very, very good evidence, and the evidence is not good.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#668401 Oct 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>You do absolutely NOTHING with your BORING life but post to invisible people all day and night. Man your life must really stink.
I'm fighting a terminal illness and still my life is better than yours.

So sad to be you.

Location hidden

#668402 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
45 days of a global rain would be more dramatic. You also have the current action kicking in.
There is water vapor floating in space, and in very large concentrations. The earth could have passed through one. That water would have been added to the planet just as billions of years of cosmic particles at tons per day. The preceding world is always getting covered over.
That can throw the old monkey wrench in what is taken now for geologic constants.
Someone with better skills than me can give us a rough approximation of how much mass has been added to the earth over the eons from these links.
I posted the same process almost three years ago. Understand those are mostly plasmas that when they do combine on the earth they tend to fluff up as those molecules combine and add space between them. This is a very dynamic and ongoing process. The energy and mass of the earth changes on a daily basis. As will the calculations used for those assumed constants.
Someone do the numbers. Subtract the amounts collected from the present. Oh, that is just particles from the sun.
So, I read the intellihib page, and then the actual NASA brief, and it turns out you read the work of lunatics:

"Perhaps HAARP has something to do this? Maybe this ties in with the ancient Mesopotamian texts that say ‘gods pass back and forth from other dimensions’ through the sun? Whats for sure is, scientists that actually serve the citizens and not the government, would find the REALEST facts. "

The "portals" are simply places where our magnetic field intersects with the suns magnetic field.

Location hidden

#668403 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
That was not the proper link about portals. Try this one.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/...
Ahahahah. Surrrre.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#668404 Oct 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There is no evidence for a flood, not to mention the fact that it would have been logistically impossible.
It could have been logically possible if it weren't for the fact that it was physically impossible. <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#668405 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is water vapor floating in space, and in very large concentrations.....
There is ?

Strange that the biggest argument for "life on Earth only" is the absence of water elsewhere in the Universe.

So... now that life is very likely throughout the universe, did they get copies of the Bible or do they have different "truths" ?

<smile>

Location hidden

#668406 Oct 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even in your fantasies, Dave.

Alamosa, CO

#668407 Oct 27, 2013
I posted before about this enery/mass transfer from the cosmos, primarily through the sun, before.

Tons of charged particles every few minutes impacting a spinning globe with a strong magnetic field which said field and globe are having a reaction to. You can also add a considerable amount of light energy doing the same thing to the mix.

The reality of what you are and where you are is not what you see. You can add to that your observations of the universe and conclusions therof.

Hint. That sun acts up, you act up. That sun is a link in a complex web of projected energies.

Some graphics artists should get the picture.

Location hidden

#668408 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
It could have been logically possible if it weren't for the fact that it was physically impossible. <smile>
I agree... I meant the "logistics" of getting all of those animals onto the same boat, feeding them, cleaning up after them, etc. Perhaps I'm using the word wrong though...

Alamosa, CO

#668409 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
There is ?
Strange that the biggest argument for "life on Earth only" is the absence of water elsewhere in the Universe.
So... now that life is very likely throughout the universe, did they get copies of the Bible or do they have different "truths" ?
<smile>
http://www.fastcompany.com/1769468/scientists...

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/news/su201105

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 445,568
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Rosa_Winkel 92,594
Gay men sleeping with women and men is unaccept... 1 hr I no wat I no 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr truth 286,007
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,090
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 667,730
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 19,320
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,620
More from around the web