Prove there's a god.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#668108 Oct 26, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If you don't believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is REAL, stop eating the food THAT HE CREATED, and lets see how far you get...
Look, sick idiot, YOU kill yourself for your god on your own and stop suggesting "suicide to find god".

Shut the hell up and DIE, psycho.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#668109 Oct 26, 2013
WoodenSky wrote:
<quoted text>
My voice is certainly deeper than yours, young negro.
OOOOOOOOO so scared by a deeeeeep voooooice OOOOOOOOO.
Piss off, punk.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#668110 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get anger?
I made a factual observation about your doings. Purely unemotional and objective.
hahaaa...

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#668111 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
MSM?
Remember me saying that I don't watch the news anymore?
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't, but it makes me happy. There's still hope.
Just out of curiosity, where do you get your news? I mean, you deride me for watching Fox, but you won't tell me where you get your news from. Are you ashamed? Do you get it from Jon Stewart, or from your bong?

"I read!" I'm betting you'll say.

What do you read? I mean, since you pointed out that *all media* are owned by the same corporations and all...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#668112 Oct 26, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
If you don't believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is REAL, stop eating the food THAT HE CREATED, and lets see how far you get...
First prove 'He' made it my friend.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#668113 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Don't forget Jesus challenged the system.
How is it you know that, Dave?

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#668114 Oct 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was born to a middle-class family and, more important, was given the very best values by my parents: They stressed integrity, compassion, fairness and dignity. Yep, accident of birth; good fortune. Or whatever you want to call it.
But I also worked every summer through high school, college and law school and never took a break. I also worked while in school to have spending money. I was awarded scholarships on merit and for achievement, academic and athletic. I never took out a loan. I was frugal. Yes, it paid off big-time over the long run, but I did it on my own and I worked hard for it and have no reason to apologize for it.
Good on you. That makes you a better man than a certain whinging jailbird we both know.
:D

Evolution is true.....

#668115 Oct 26, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for correcting that information, its unethical to take the credit of Georges Lemaître and give it to Hubble but in either cases this fact was written way before Lemaitre and Hubble, its a 1400 years old book Sahih International
"And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander. " 51:47
and the Quran continues in other verses to explain the big bang
“He (God) is the Originator of the heavens and the earth…”(Quran 6:101)
“Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?”(Quran 21:30)
Muslim scholars who have explained the previous verse mention that the heavens and earth were once one, and then God caused them to separate and form into the seven heavens and Earth. Yet, due to the limitations of science and technology at the time of the revelation of the Quran (and for centuries to follow), no scholar was able to give much detail about how exactly the heavens and earth were created. What the scholars could explain was the precise meaning of each word in Arabic in the verse, as well as the overall meaning of the verse.
In the previous verse, the Arabic words ratq and fataq are used. The word ratq can be translated into “entity”“sewn to”“joined together” or “closed up”. The meaning of these translations all circulate around something that is mixed and that has a separate and distinct existence. The verb fataq is translated into “We unstitched”“We clove them asunder”“We separated” or “We have opened them”. These meanings imply that something comes into being by an action of splitting or tearing apart. The sprouting of a seed from the soil is a good example of a similar illustration of the meaning of the verb fataq.
You write:
""And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander. " 51:47

Sorry my friend, this does not compute as proof of expanding universe in my humble opinion.

You write:
"...and the Quran continues in other verses to explain the big bang

The Christian Bible was saying this 1900+- years before the Qur'an and it proves nothing....especially the Big Bang.

I should tell you that I am not totally on board with the Big Bang. Although it is the best we have at this time.

“It's time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

Terra Australis

#668116 Oct 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also lucky to have atheist parents, who told their children to decide for ourselves.
I was free from any indoctrination. Just the values I mentioned.
No peer pressure either, but I do concede that it was always important to me to not to be a disappointment to my parents.
You have no idea how lucky that makes you, Catcher.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#668117 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
Your thoughts on the subject.
So you admit it took the Christian Church creating Western civilization and thought to reach the point where men could hold a paper bag over a fire and get the idea they could ride in a bigger paper bag?
Just think how many more millenia it would have taken if man was atheist.
"Just think": Obviously something that Dave Nelson has NEVER DONE!

And that's why there are atheists, Dave, because of people like you acting all cliquey and prejudiced, and adding the lie of "The Christians Did Everything". You need to calm your ego down, buddy, it's taking over the place where your brain has long since left.

The Christian Church was who thought THE WORLD WAS FLAT and threw scientists in jail. The Christian church was the one who had the whole sun-earth revolving relationship totally backwards, and in today's times we have the dumb faith healers who think that instant magic will cure them in 0.5 seconds like "Bippity boppity boo!"

You act as if you're some kind of puppet to this "god" Dave, like you don't have a mind of your own - just like you accuse the "liiiiiberal progreeeesves boo hoo hoo!" of, like the anti-forward reactionary CLONE that you are.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#668118 Oct 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it you know that, Dave?
That's what was written in those books. A key element in the whole story.

He challenged the Pharisees, and he said you didn't need the priesthood to get to heaven. You just had to believe what he was saying.

Such does not sit well with established hierarchies. Everyone becomes a free agent.

Of course a hierarchy was created that you were supposed to go through in his name. After he left. People like to do things like that.

Evolution is true.....

#668119 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is it was created by the Church. The hierarchy was challenged and changed.
The Church evolved more to the teachings of Jesus. But the basic religious belief survived. Don't forget Jesus challenged the system.
Doesn't appear to be a very popular hypothesis in higher learning.

Does the Catholic Church now have a Department of Disinformation now??
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#668120 Oct 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
First prove 'He' made it my friend.
That psycho is recommending suicide to find god. Watch out for this creepo.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#668121 Oct 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"Just think": Obviously something that Dave Nelson has NEVER DONE!
And that's why there are atheists, Dave, because of people like you acting all cliquey and prejudiced, and adding the lie of "The Christians Did Everything". You need to calm your ego down, buddy, it's taking over the place where your brain has long since left.
The Christian Church was who thought THE WORLD WAS FLAT and threw scientists in jail. The Christian church was the one who had the whole sun-earth revolving relationship totally backwards, and in today's times we have the dumb faith healers who think that instant magic will cure them in 0.5 seconds like "Bippity boppity boo!"
You act as if you're some kind of puppet to this "god" Dave, like you don't have a mind of your own - just like you accuse the "liiiiiberal progreeeesves boo hoo hoo!" of, like the anti-forward reactionary CLONE that you are.
The beginning of your last sentence is likely very true. Congratulations on getting something right. But the comparison is much in error. Those are men pulling your strings. But you obviously need help with thinking. You can't do it on your own.

But you sure can screech.

Evolution is true.....

#668122 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
He challenged the Pharisees, and he said you didn't need the priesthood to get to heaven. You just had to believe what he was saying.
Such does not sit well with established hierarchies. Everyone becomes a free agent.
Of course a hierarchy was created that you were supposed to go through in his name. After he left. People like to do things like that.
So he was challenging the Jews.

He was a Jew and a Rabbi/teacher and his care was for the Jewish system. It was Paul who changed everything.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#668123 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
Your thoughts on the subject.
So you admit it took the Christian Church creating Western civilization and thought to reach the point where men could hold a paper bag over a fire and get the idea they could ride in a bigger paper bag?
Just think how many more millenia it would have taken if man was atheist.
I love irony, don't you? In the third link of your original balloon post, scroll down to the header "Persecution". It would appear that Bartolomeu Lourenço de Gusmão, the early balloonist you're referring to, had a few problems with the Inquisition, which forced him to flee the country and destroy most of his research. Fostering scientific growth, indeed...

Evolution is true.....

#668124 Oct 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>That psycho is recommending suicide to find god. Watch out for this creepo.
Ohhh God, not another one.

Thanks for the heads up.:-)
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#668125 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you see how much of a contradiction this is????
NO ONE is supposed to change The Word Of God - Not even Jesus! So how did Jesus get away with challenging the Pharisees and changing The Word?

A HUGE GLARING contradiction like this SHOWS YOU that the bible was written by man with his schizophrenic, greedy, egotistical mind, and written to deliberately be confusing in order to cause phony conflict among humans in order to divide and conquer them.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#668126 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"I also want real science, not religion, taught in school science classes."
Then be sure to include NO teaching of abiogeneis in your rants. In fact, you can include ALL theories. Unless they are a law they are speculation.
Theories can be taught ONLY in private institutions.
I have yet to ever see any teacher pushing religion in any school I've ever attended. Funny, though, how it's ok for an atheist teacher to promote their own ideology OVER religion in class. I don't pay for a class to hear about ANY ideology from ANYBODY, believer or otherwise.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668127 Oct 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
""And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander. " 51:47
Sorry my friend, this does not compute as proof of expanding universe in my humble opinion.
You write:
"...and the Quran continues in other verses to explain the big bang
The Christian Bible was saying this 1900+- years before the Qur'an and it proves nothing....especially the Big Bang.
I should tell you that I am not totally on board with the Big Bang. Although it is the best we have at this time.
the verse is obvious and anyone can understand that it is talking precisely about the Bing Bang.

“Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?”(Quran 21:30)

we do believe as Muslims that all previous books were revealed from the creator (the Scriptures, The torah and the Gospel), but we also believe that those books were changed and manipulated except for Quran because it was kept by the original language (Arabic).

I noticed that you completely skipped the other part of the verse which is "and made from water every living thing"

and if you are not with big bang, please tell us what have you been up to ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 599,729
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min Lbj 2,002
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 30 min Truths 612,908
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... 48 min fixxitman1 12
White Lives MATTER 55 min RFD 101
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 58 min Janie 221,992
I'm looking for a writer to write my true story (Nov '08) 1 hr Timeitwassaid 231
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 272,417
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr sangili karuppan 7,502
More from around the web