Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#668281 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant, outdated salve laws that have nothing to do with today, except their historical value. Just like this one:
"If any slave resists his master...correcting such a slave, and shall happen to be killed in such correction...the master shall be free of all punishment...as if such accident never happened."
Guess what book that's from.
Figure it out, then tell me that it's still relevant and the people still have to follow it.
You are not questioning me you are questioning Jesus. No surprise there. You do it all the time.

Jesus: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and

"it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and

"The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)

Have heaven and earth passed RR?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#668282 Oct 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He's only attacking one religion, Christianity. THAT makes him biblical.
They all only attack one religion, Christianity.

It's all they know to do.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#668283 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, why would anyone pay millions of dollars to take a chance on getting a job that pays $200,000 a year?
It is the people who vote who have created the government we have today. When they vote for criminals what can we expect except to get robbed.
Its the bribes that are the big payoff.

Location hidden

#668284 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck least in the kingdom of heaven wrote:
<quoted text>...outdated salve laws that have nothing to do with today,...
RR's apologetics attempt to gloss over the situation of slavery by alleging these verses came from the God of the Old Testament and his laws, while the New Testament's God is supposedly one of love, liberty and compassion. If so, somebody forgot to tell Peter and Paul. The latter said:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men....(Eph. 6:5-7, NIV)."

"All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered (1 Tim. 6:1, NIV)."

"Slaves, obey your earthy masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord (Col. 3:22, NIV)."

"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them,....(Titus 2:9, NIV)."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668285 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please quote the Bible where it tell us about what believers are supposed to do with their possessions. Jesus is quite clear, go ahead I just posted the answer but could you copy and past the verses in question? Then tell us why you do not obey them. I just love your unsophisticated apologetics.
You're talking about Mathhew 19:21.

Jesus means the most important things in your life (your treasures) should be things pertaining to the kingdom of God rather than pursuit of worldly pleasures or belongings.

He's trying to tell you that you can't and won't do it.

Location hidden

#668286 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant, outdated salve laws that have nothing to do with today, except their historical value. Just like this one:
"If any slave resists his master...correcting such a slave, and shall happen to be killed in such correction...the master shall be free of all punishment...as if such accident never happened."
Guess what book that's from.
Figure it out, then tell me that it's still relevant and the people still have to follow it.
"Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."

Location hidden

#668287 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Practice what you preach...
Reverend Alan wrote:
I am on a mission to help human beings over come the defect that was placed in them during "the fall of man" and from which they have not recovered after its removal.
---
"Mind your own business". That's what you say but not what you do.
When you and your fellow pew warmers refuse to mind your own business and I get in your face to stop you I am minding my own business. I am protecting my own business because it is the goal of Christ-insanity to be in all our business. To control, to regulate and to punish.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668288 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not questioning me you are questioning Jesus. No surprise there. You do it all the time.
Jesus: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven...." (Matt. 5:17-19) and
"it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fall" (Luke 16:17) and
"The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: all therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do" (Matt. 23:2-3) and (John 7:19, Mark 1:44)
Have heaven and earth passed RR?
I question your sincerity, which you've shown to be of little importance to you.

The OT laws were a covenant between God and the nation of Israel, you seem to gloss over that fact and pretend that just because it's written in the Bible, all people that believe the Bible must follow them, which is completely false.

The 'Law' that you're referring to is still in effect - for Jews.

Not Christians.

Understand?

(I doubt it)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668289 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Slaves, submit yourselves to your master with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also those who are harsh....Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps (1 Peter 2:18,21, NIV)."
I've explained it to you, Alan. I can't keep saying the Danes things over and over.

You, like Ben, are a lost cause.

Keep your atheist apologetics, they give you comfort.

Even though they're a pack of lies.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668290 Oct 27, 2013
*same* thing over and over....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668291 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
When you and your fellow pew warmers refuse to mind your own business and I get in your face to stop you I am minding my own business. I am protecting my own business because it is the goal of Christ-insanity to be in all our business. To control, to regulate and to punish.
I've done nothing to interfere with your life. What the hell are you talking about?

Location hidden

#668292 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Alan wrote:
I believe nothing, verify everything.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Humans can't evolve anymore.
---
Verify that, since you claim it to be your MO.
Don't bounce around and play games, show the evidence you have supposedly verified that proves humans are 'pretty much done', as you've claimed.
You are not paying attention. I can tell you what to believe or I can teach you how to learn for yourself. You prefer the former and I prefer the later.

I said you are unfinished and incomplete and what you are doesn't work together in harmony.

Do you really believe that a world full of beings such as yourself who exist as some kind of sub-human, half asleep, automatons would do anything but screw over his neighbor and make war?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#668293 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on a mission to help human beings over come the defect that was placed in them during "the fall of man" and from which they have not recovered after its removal.
In other words, you are a cult leader. Not surprising. So, what's your take in yearly "donations"? You're on Topix all day so it's obvious you don't have a physical job other than your proselytizing one. How many acolytes live there on the compound with you? Do you have a personal grape-peeler, pool boy, Doctor Anal?

Location hidden

#668294 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Alan wrote:
I believe nothing, verify everything.
Reverend Alan wrote:
Humans can't evolve anymore.
---
Verify that, since you claim it to be your MO.
Don't bounce around and play games, show the evidence you have supposedly verified that proves humans are 'pretty much done', as you've claimed.
If you can't copy and paste my words you need to learn to get them correct. You have changed the meaning.

Believe nothing, verify everything.

Human beings have evolved as far as mechanical evolution can take us. Any further evolution has to be a personal individual conscious evolution.

I did not say what you said I said.

Location hidden

#668295 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you [RR] don't follow what Jesus taught there, post the verse that say you don't have to do what Jesus taught.
If you weren't so stupid you would have understood what he was asking of you.
Exactly!!!

Location hidden

#668296 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never vote Rep or Dem if there is someone else on the ballot.
Me too!

Location hidden

#668297 Oct 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There is absolutely nothing harmonious about you. Your notes are jumbled and sour.
Well, thank you for you keen observation. I am sure everyone reading it will treasure it and it will make them glad they visited today.

Location hidden

#668298 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They all only attack one religion, Christianity.
It's all they know to do.
The Muslim recently posting in here accused me of attacking Islam and he started to explain what the verses really meant while insisting I was not understanding them. Sound familiar?

I am opposed to all religion as it is all based on bronze aged ignorance.

Location hidden

#668299 Oct 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Its the bribes that are the big payoff.
Congress passes laws that put the competition of their large contributors out of business. I believe Nancy Pelosi was given a private birthday party for 1,000 of her closest friends, all expenses paid. Did she help the people who voted for her or the people who gave her the party?

Government has become one of the greatest evils of our time.

Location hidden

#668300 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about Mathhew 19:21.
Jesus means the most important things in your life (your treasures) should be things pertaining to the kingdom of God rather than pursuit of worldly pleasures or belongings.
He's trying to tell you that you can't and won't do it.
Blah blah blah, just like hate means love less.

Do tell us why Jesus was too stupid to say what he really meant!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Ms Sassy 18,080
Testing. 33 min ImPeach 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Gods r Delusion x... 684,018
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Tony 6,423
getting pregnant by much older man 8 hr George Justapose 5
Amazon's Jeff Bezzos worth 90 BILLION DOLLARS??! 8 hr George Justapose 2
Derrick Rose coming to Cavaliers REAL Class Act... 8 hr George Justapose 4
More from around the web