Prove there's a god.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#668199 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"The middle ages (5th – 15th Centuries AD), often termed The Dark Ages, were actually a time of great discovery and invention."
http://listverse.com/2007/09/22/top-10-invent...
Wrong.

The Dark Ages were the period of about 500 years following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire circa 400 AD. They were a time of ignorance and superstition and most peoples lives were difficult, brutish and short.

They were followed by the High Medieval Period from 1000 AD to circa 1400 AD. This was a bit better due to the warming trend allowing a longer growing season as well as the introduction of field rotation which produced an abundance of food.

The Medieval Period was noted for the constant persecution, wars, inquisitions, genocide, Crusades and other atrocities committed by the Christian Church(es).

No major political or social changes occurred until the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#668200 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Matthew 1:16
"and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah."
Not wrong. See?
<quoted text>
HA HA! Yes, that's exactly what it says.
<quoted text>
Umm....
The husband is the wife's child's father...
That's how it goes.
Thanks for proving that the 'Virgin Birth' and 'Son of God' stories are bullshit.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#668201 Oct 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Parasites that leech off the system are those with entitlements.
Like the billionaire campaign contributors who ask our elected representatives to pass laws making them richer and the poor poorer. Welfare for the rich, only Congress can make it happen.

I just got an email from Diane Feinstein, she thinks I am as stupid as all the people who voted for her.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#668202 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
200?! Where do you get 200 from?
"The computer model showed a 63 mile per hour wind blowing across the region for a period of 12 hours"
63, not 200.
That has happened many times in the last 4000 years and your "parting" never occurs.

There have even been hurricanes producing 150 MPH winds for days at a time and they have never dried up the Red Sea.

Once again, reality trumps your "words on paper".

Location hidden

#668203 Oct 27, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Well, because medical emergencies and debilitating sicknesses are not dependent upon one's medical history.
For instance, if you were to ingest particularly virulent strain of E.coli from food for whatever reason (unsanitary cooking conditions, improper food preparation, etc)- you would find out real quick that those bacteria can care less about your medical history.
RR is a "Christian" and he can eat all the e.coli he wants and it shall not hurt him.

Mark 16:17-18, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

No real believer has ever died from e.coli. If a pew warmer dies of e.coli he was not a real believer.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#668204 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
....The computer model showed....
ROFLMAO

I have a computer program that has dragons and unicorns. They must be real, too!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#668205 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the billionaire campaign contributors who ask our elected representatives to pass laws making them richer and the poor poorer. Welfare for the rich, only Congress can make it happen.
I just got an email from Diane Feinstein, she thinks I am as stupid as all the people who voted for her.
The USA has the best Government that money can buy!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#668206 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
That has happened many times in the last 4000 years and your "parting" never occurs.
There have even been hurricanes producing 150 MPH winds for days at a time and they have never dried up the Red Sea.
Once again, reality trumps your "words on paper".
"Reality"?? Please quote the Bible where it says what you say, that the Red Sea dried up.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668207 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
The Dark Ages were the period of about 500 years following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire circa 400 AD. They were a time of ignorance and superstition and most peoples lives were difficult, brutish and short.
They were followed by the High Medieval Period from 1000 AD to circa 1400 AD. This was a bit better due to the warming trend allowing a longer growing season as well as the introduction of field rotation which produced an abundance of food.
The Medieval Period was noted for the constant persecution, wars, inquisitions, genocide, Crusades and other atrocities committed by the Christian Church(es).
No major political or social changes occurred until the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.
"The Medieval Period was noted for the constant persecution, wars, inquisitions, genocide, Crusades and other atrocities committed by the Christian Church(es)."

Those "noted" are selective.

It was a period of reconstruction.

We are sitting real pretty now because of it. The Church was the only glue to hold it together and the force to reconstruct. Wouldn't have happened without it. Unless the Muslims had conquered Europe and rebuilt it their way.

Location hidden

#668208 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in certain parts of Cali would a two bedroom one bath fixer upper go for half a million.
I have a three bed 1.25 bath house that wasn't half that price, and I'm on almost an acre.
Location, location, location.
Where I live my home on the east side of town would be close to 3 mil, and on the west side it would be worth less than 1 mil. In Texas it might be worth $250,000.

I am on 40 acres. We grow lots of grapes and make our own wine. We have won awards at the local county fair.

Location hidden

#668209 Oct 27, 2013
PS what is a .25 bathroom? You have a room with a quarter of a bathroom? What is missing?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668210 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
I have a computer program that has dragons and unicorns. They must be real, too!
Siiigh....

Damn your Benidis.

They proved that a 63 (NOT 200) mph wind would make a land ridge in the Red Sea.

Why can't you learn anything?!

Location hidden

#668211 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But it was mostly Christian people using Christian morals (like take the plank out if your own eye) that overcame those problems.
If Christians helped put an end to the abomination of slavery and help bring about more equality for women then they did so in-spite of the Bible, not because of it. Christians today demanding equality for gay people are rejecting biblical teachings to do what is right.

How one can go against the Bible and still believe one is a Christian is a mystery to me.

Genesis 9:21 (Noah "drank of the wine, and was drunken")
versus
Genesis 6:9 ("Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations").

“"None shall pass"”

There

#668212 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They proved that a 63 (NOT 200) mph wind would make a land ridge in the Red Sea....
No they didn't.

You are either massively stupid or massively dishonest.

BTW, the Hebrew Scriptures do NOT mention the Red Sea once.

It is Yam Suf, Sea of Reeds. That is the marshes of the Nile Delta, a place that does have tidal changes and subject to wind set down at low wind velocities.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668213 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I live my home on the east side of town would be close to 3 mil, and on the west side it would be worth less than 1 mil. In Texas it might be worth $250,000.
I am on 40 acres. We grow lots of grapes and make our own wine. We have won awards at the local county fair.
Nice. NorCal right?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#668214 Oct 27, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
The USA has the best Government that money can buy!
We used to say that about the police force, the best money can buy.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668215 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
PS what is a .25 bathroom? You have a room with a quarter of a bathroom? What is missing?
Oh lol. I meant a .5 bathroom. I have a 1 bath in the house and 1/2 bath in the garage.

1 bath = tub/shower, toilet, sink.

3/4 bath = shower, toilet, sink.

1/2 bath = toilet, sink.

1/4 bath = toilet only.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#668216 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

If Christians helped put an end to the abomination of slavery and help bring about more equality for women then they did so in-spite of the Bible, not because of it. Christians today demanding equality for gay people are rejecting biblical teachings to do what is right.
Christians did help abolish slavery and we did help champion women's rights.
How one can go against the Bible and still believe one is a Christian is a mystery to me.
versus
Irrelevant to the discussion, but....

A man can't be perfect and drink wine??

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668217 Oct 27, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
versus
Your criticism of religion sure has the taint of political ideology to it.

Location hidden

#668218 Oct 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the drug wars today because people are stupid and irresponsible with drug use. Atheists and theists alike.
Rational people understand the dangers of drug use and fight to eradicate them.
Join us.
You have let the Government do to you what we call "brainwash".

Doctors are much more dangerous than "street drugs" partly because they "push" the deadly poisons from the American Pharmaceutical Cartel.

But even if marijuana was dangerous, putting young people into prison with violent professional criminals who turn peaceful pot smokers into violent anti-social angry parolees who move into your neighborhood after getting out of prison is not the right answer.

Complete and total legalization is the only real answer.

It seems now that about 58% of Americans agree that the Government has been wrong about marijuana and want it legalized for recreational use. I hope the government releases the parolee's back into the neighborhoods of the other 42% who like the war and how it is making society more dangerous.

Just north of me Sheriff's just killed a teen after waiting 10 seconds for him to throw down his toy gun. How many more children have to die before you want the government to stop its war on the American people?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57609456/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min Tellthetruth 447,415
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 26 min Quivering Lip Lib... 71,617
How is it possible that God has always existed?? 1 hr leprechauns rock 15
I miss her so bad. Should I reach out? 2 hr mikex28 1
How to make an interracial relationship work 3 hr malvin48 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Gay Equals Pervert 699,410
James Comey's conflicted TWO FACES 6 hr Dang Jersey Piney 122