Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668052 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Not completely true. Would you say the same thing about unicorns? Ghosts? Genies? Etc. Etc.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#668053 Oct 26, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24772...

Ain't science grand?

Topix atheists.

Your gonna die.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#668054 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the thousands since?
The Sumerians, Chinese, Egyptians, Indians, Greeks, Romans, Mayans, Olmecs, to name a few, were not running around in animal skins.
That's quite a few billion people, BTW.
This is why we venerate great inventions and inventors dave. These things seem obvious in hindsight, but billions of people hadn't thought of them beforehand.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#668055 Oct 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
Christian scientists say the same thing about God.
So do I.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I think this depends on how long one has been looking for evidence and the quality of the research and people doing the looking.

Really competent people have been looking for evidence of the Biblical Exodus for over a hundred years and have found absolutely NO evidence at all. I think this alone disproves the above.

Religious and secular people, some with very good credentials, have been looking for evidence of the Noachian Flood for many many years and found nothing, and there is tremendous mainline geological evidence against it. I think this disproves the saying above.

It depends on a lot of variables...in my opinion.

Alamosa, CO

#668057 Oct 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>This is why we venerate great inventions and inventors dave. These things seem obvious in hindsight, but billions of people hadn't thought of them beforehand.
Amusing.

Your thoughts on the subject.

So you admit it took the Christian Church creating Western civilization and thought to reach the point where men could hold a paper bag over a fire and get the idea they could ride in a bigger paper bag?

Just think how many more millenia it would have taken if man was atheist.

Evolution is true.....

#668059 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your science is flawed in its present mode.
As is your logic based upon it.
You need to look at what is actually going on and maybe re-evaluate your logic.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668060 Oct 26, 2013
In 1916, Albert Einstein formulated his General Theory of Relativity that indicated that the universe must be either expanding or contracting. Confirmation of the expanding-universe theory finally came in 1929 in the hands of the well known American astronomer Edwin Hubble.

By observing redshifts[2] in the light wavelengths emitted by galaxies, Hubble found that galaxies were not fixed in their position; instead, they were actually moving away from us with speeds proportional to their distance from earth (Hubble's Law). The only explanation for this observation was that the universe had to be expanding. Hubble’s discovery is regarded as one of the greatest in the history of astronomy. In 1929, he published the velocity-time relation which is the basis of modern cosmology. In the years to come, with further observations, the expanding-universe theory was accepted by scientists and astronomers alike.

Yet, astonishingly well before telescopes were even invented and well before Hubble published his Law, Prophet Muhammad used to recite a verse of the Quran to his companions that ultimately stated that the universe is expanding.

Sahih International
" And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander. 51:47

At the time of the revelation of the Quran, the word “space” was not known, and people used the word “heaven” to refer to what lies above the Earth. In the above verse, the word “heaven” is referring to space and the known universe. The verse points out that space, and thus the universe, happens to be expanding, just as Hubble’s Law states.

Evolution is true.....

#668061 Oct 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
Your thoughts on the subject.
So you admit it took the Christian Church creating Western civilization and thought to reach the point where men could hold a paper bag over a fire and get the idea they could ride in a bigger paper bag?
Just think how many more millenia it would have taken if man was atheist.
Millenia is a thousand years I believe

Gee, and here I have always heard that the Church was responsible for the 'Dark Ages.'

Although one was required to be a Christian in the times that the Montgolfier's lived, who's to say they weren't secretly atheists as were many rich and intellectual people at the time??

Evolution is true.....

#668062 Oct 26, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
In 1916, Albert Einstein formulated his General Theory of Relativity that indicated that the universe must be either expanding or contracting. Confirmation of the expanding-universe theory finally came in 1929 in the hands of the well known American astronomer Edwin Hubble.
By observing redshifts[2] in the light wavelengths emitted by galaxies, Hubble found that galaxies were not fixed in their position; instead, they were actually moving away from us with speeds proportional to their distance from earth (Hubble's Law). The only explanation for this observation was that the universe had to be expanding. Hubble’s discovery is regarded as one of the greatest in the history of astronomy. In 1929, he published the velocity-time relation which is the basis of modern cosmology. In the years to come, with further observations, the expanding-universe theory was accepted by scientists and astronomers alike.
Yet, astonishingly well before telescopes were even invented and well before Hubble published his Law, Prophet Muhammad used to recite a verse of the Quran to his companions that ultimately stated that the universe is expanding.
Sahih International
" And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander. 51:47
At the time of the revelation of the Quran, the word “space” was not known, and people used the word “heaven” to refer to what lies above the Earth. In the above verse, the word “heaven” is referring to space and the known universe. The verse points out that space, and thus the universe, happens to be expanding, just as Hubble’s Law states.
All that expanding lead to a Catholic scientist to propose the 'Big Bang' theory as the beginning of time and our whole universe and all in it....including us humans.

After all, we know that we are the stuff of stardust.

Alamosa, CO

#668063 Oct 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to look at what is actually going on and maybe re-evaluate your logic.
You need to understand if you really understand what you understand in knowing what is going on. And then re-evaluate your logic.

Alamosa, CO

#668064 Oct 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, and here I have always heard that the Church was responsible for the 'Dark Ages.'
Although one was required to be a Christian in the times that the Montgolfier's lived, who's to say they weren't secretly atheists as were many rich and intellectual people at the time??
Pitiful.

Your reliance on could be in so much of your knowledge.

The Dark Ages came about with the fall of the Roman Empire. The transport and safe passage, the stop in the exchange of knowledge, and all of those things that happen when a civilization crumbles. It was the Church that collected the classical works and knowledge and opening the very first university that led to everything since. The Enlightenment was a direct result. That's a fact. It was the only organization that crossed borders in Europe. The Church established science in the Western world. Period.

You would be watching a god pulling the sun across the sky without them.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#668065 Oct 26, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see the post, nanoshitwad. You're so big on demanding that I provide you with links; let's see *YOU* do it.
<quoted text>
Go for it, smeghead. You won't find anything; but don't let that stop you from making up something.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My dad died when I was a preschooler, you fahgwad.
So what?

What's that got to do with what I posted?

Why should I care anything about you? You're a hateful boybitch.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#668066 Oct 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's see the post, nanoshitwad. You're so big on demanding that I provide you with links; let's see *YOU* do it.
<quoted text>
Go for it, smeghead. You won't find anything; but don't let that stop you from making up something.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> I believe we are at what is called a near impasse, wad. You can't show any posts proving your wild claims about me
I don't have to.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> and I don't feel up to digging around for the one that does prove that you claimed to have danced on tables at gay bars. Whatever.
Because there are no such posts, loser, and you f*cking well know it and haven't got the integrity to admit it.

GFY.

Alamosa, CO

#668067 Oct 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, the royalty and Church in France were pretty tight. I doubt they were atheist. Atheists roused the rabble against the Church and royalty in the revolution.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#668068 Oct 26, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>My dad died when I was a preschooler, you fahgwad.
He didn't have to watch you grow up to become a fundie christian and a hateful little boybitch. Lucky him.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#668069 Oct 26, 2013
She was doing her job.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong.
How would you know, azzwhole?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>She broke her contract.
Tell us what was in her contract, since you're pretending to know.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> She was supposed to be helping people. Instead she was knowingly chatting with an entertainment television media celebrity.
She was; and had a pleasant conversation with him. Of *course* you hate that.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Instead she was knowingly chatting with an entertainment television media celebrity.
What's to stop her from doing both? I mean, besides a hateful liberal like you?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>There is no need for you to be dishonest, o wooden one.
I'm not being dishonest; you're just a hate-filled liberal azznugget.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#668071 Oct 26, 2013
If Hannity is such a "jackass," why did he get her $26,000 after she was fired for doing her job?
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> It was a media stunt.
I predicted that you and timmy would say that; you didn't disappoint.
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text> Why else?
Because unlike you, Hannity's a decent human being and you're just a hate-filled liberal sphincter.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#668072 Oct 26, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
All that expanding lead to a Catholic scientist to propose the 'Big Bang' theory as the beginning of time and our whole universe and all in it....including us humans.
After all, we know that we are the stuff of stardust.
what is the name of that catholic scientist ?!
and when did he reach to that theory ?

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#668074 Oct 26, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Keep in mind, 12% of that almost three thousand deaths were foreign nationals. The countries they were from did not react to the situation like the Americans did.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Now you are a terrorist sympathizer?
Bear in mind there is no country that will not react any different to any attack that kills 3,000 people on their soil.
Tres bizarre, oui? That fundamentalist liberals are more sympathetic toward terrorists than they are toward their victims.

How many different kinds of effed-up is *that?*

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#668075 Oct 26, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> Imagine the headline if instead of going along with the negative portrayal, she said nice things about "obamacare."
Now you're reduced to hateful speculation. You hate the facts of the matter, so you have yourself a little cry, and then say, "Yeah, but what if..."
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Government workers spend time fluffing obamacare on taxpayer's dime? Concentrations camps next?"
Ah, the whimpering cries of the hate-filled, frustrated liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Rednek 80,247
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min SANE CATHOLIC 701,604
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,403
I'm ON BOARD: James Harden for NBA MVP 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Why does Draymond Green act like such a BLEEP! ... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 10
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 4 hr Doctor REALITY 44
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 4 hr Doctor REALITY 53