“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#667318 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!!
They can not take your home for that.
The worst they could do is put a lien on it.
Uh....yes they can.

Medical bills are a form of unsecured debt. This means your creditor, in this case a hospital or doctor's office, has no collateral to seize if you do not pay off the debt.

In most circumstances, your creditor cannot move to claim your assets such as a home or other piece of real property as a means of recouping your medical debt *****without an action by the court.*****

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_7846663_can-home-due...

So yes, RR- if a judge decides they can take your home, then they most certainly can.

While that may not happen all that often, it not only DOES happen, but it CAN happen.

Sorry......

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#667319 Oct 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make things up? I don't oppose guns in any way. Guns are not the problem, morally challenged idiots who lack the personal discretion necessary to posses them are the problem, not the gun. Giving everybody an IQ test and make them score at least 100 before selling them a gun might help a little.
IQ and emotional stability are not synonymous. Actually the other way around.

The cops were humans with at least average IQ's, but lacking personal discretion, and fear for their own lives over their obligation to others to exercise such. Perception of a possible threat to themselves, in a situation that they inserted themselves in due to that being how they made a living, and "Pow", threat removed. There is a failure in the law there.

It is very odd. Nowadays soldiers are sent off to act like policemen with mucho restraints on their survival instincts in very hostile environments, but your next door neighbor the cop can kill you for a possible crime you may be committing and a possible physical threat to themselves in investigating that possibility.

Liberal philosophies at their best.

You're a nut case.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#667320 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>He does own a home and property as well.
And if RR ends up losing his home, the f*ckup will blame the "gubment" for it.

This is the parasitic nature of the right-wing, hypocritical would-be patriots.

They constantly rant and rave with criticism of everybody else, while failing to take responsibility for themselves and their families.

And when things go sour, it's never their fault.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#667321 Oct 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you some friendly advice.
You should be more responsible in your money management.
You have bragged that you earn an adequate income.
Set some priorities with it.
I would place the health insurance premium above cigarettes, beer and vacations to Temecula.
You'll probably save a bundle.
You'll also avoid the fine.
I'm here to help.
Thank you but no. At least I get some enjoyment and use out of my cigarettes and beer, the 'vacation' to Temecula was a two hour horseback ride that cost $65, nothing really to save there. Besides, I got something out of it, too.

I get nothing by forking over money for something I don't use.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#667322 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Uh....yes they can.
Medical bills are a form of unsecured debt. This means your creditor, in this case a hospital or doctor's office, has no collateral to seize if you do not pay off the debt.
In most circumstances, your creditor cannot move to claim your assets such as a home or other piece of real property as a means of recouping your medical debt *****without an action by the court.*****
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_7846663_can-home-due...
So yes, RR- if a judge decides they can take your home, then they most certainly can.
While that may not happen all that often, it not only DOES happen, but it CAN happen.
Sorry......
Which isn't going to happen.

No judge is gonna put a family on the street for a medical bill, ESPECIALLY when the guy with the bill is more than willing to make payments.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#667323 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA!!!
They can not take your home for that.
The worst they could do is put a lien on it.
Hahahaha.

That's great.

You were able to google Jonathan Swift.

Now google lien.

Alamosa, CO

#667324 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What is specious rationalization is you thinking that because you haven't needed much medical attention in the past, you won't need much medical attention in the future.
Unless you have a crystal ball, RR, you have NO clue as to whether or not you or your family members will become ill, develop a disease, be in a car wreck or injured in any number of sudden and unexpected ways.
I mean really- do you say to your auto insurer: Why do I need coverage? I never get in any accidents......
And if so, do you wait on the phone or in their office until they stop laughing?
Your logic and rationales for putting yourself in chains to others for protection reflects a fear based existence. Which is readily exploited by those others.

You're a sucker because you have no internal strength of character. The only reason you mouth off on here the way you do is because you think your masters will back you up. A chihuahua yapping at chained Dobermans. But there are several other little yippers like you on here, and your combined noise makes you even stupider.

Alamosa, CO

#667325 Oct 24, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/besto...

People and what they can do amaze me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#667326 Oct 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
They constantly rant and rave with criticism of everybody else, while failing to take responsibility for themselves and their families.
No, sir. You've got it all backwards.

I wouldn't blame the gub'ment IF that were to happen.

In all honesty, I'd blame myself for my stupidity and shortsightedness.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#667327 Oct 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha.
That's great.
You were able to google Jonathan Swift.
Now google lien.
OK

*googles lien*

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#667328 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I get nothing by forking over money for something I don't use.
Like the public education you partially obtained.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#667329 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a loving God!
Brag on God!
again - how can you be atoned yet hate Thee Atonment???

"you shall know them by their fruits" Jesus

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#667330 Oct 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
again - how can you be atoned yet hate Thee Atonment???
"you shall know them by their fruits" Jesus
WTF are you babbling about now ?
GreenTiger

London, UK

#667331 Oct 24, 2013
OCB is worthless.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#667332 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! could this be a personal hell - you and i stuck together forever alone on a virtual debate thread???;)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667333 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't mind if I use this same post of yours to respond to another poster, do you?

I'm gonna say I'm sure you don't!

:-)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667334 Oct 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic and rationales for putting yourself in chains to others for protection reflects a fear based existence. Which is readily exploited by those others.
You're a sucker because you have no internal strength of character. The only reason you mouth off on here the way you do is because you think your masters will back you up. A chihuahua yapping at chained Dobermans. But there are several other little yippers like you on here, and your combined noise makes you even stupider.

Or barking about, or screeching about?

I HAVE no masters, you silly little teacup poodle.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667335 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No judge is gonna put a family on the street for a medical bill, ESPECIALLY when the guy with the bill is more than willing to make payments.
So if you googled "lien", you would know this:

lien
noun \&#712;l&#275;n, &#712;l&#275;-&#60 1;n\

law : a legal claim that someone or something has on the property of another person until a debt has been paid back

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lie...

You are still stuck with the stupid notion that a doctor or a hospital has some sort of obligation to accept a payment plan- wake the f*ck UP, RR- they are NOT in any way obligated to accept ANY payment plan you might put forth and all the more should your medical debt be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

What- you think people who have gone bankrupt due to unpaid medical bills wouldn't also have thought of a payment plan that was OBVIOUSLY not accepted by those who provided medical services?

And LOL!! No judge is gonna put a family on the street for unpaid medical bills, yet many have found themselves on the street for unpaid mortgages to banks???

Are you living in the REAL world at ALL or is your entire existence lived in the fantasy world where your god lives?

At any rate, with a court order, people CAN lose their homes to pay off medical bills.

It happens and while probably not very often, it not only DOES happen, it CAN happen.

If you needed surgery that cost a total of $200,000 (doctor and hospital) what makes you think they would have to accept monthly payment of $1,000 or even $2,000 a month- which is a lot of money, but not when it would take 200 months at $1000 a month and 100 months at $2000 a month to pay off your debt and that doesn't even include possible interest??

Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND? You must be if you think ANY provider of ANY service has ANY obligation to wait a minimum of EIGHT years to be paid in full?

Your sense of entitlement is a disgrace.

But I understand; after all, you ARE a conservative and so you think health care providers owe you the courtesy of waiting to be paid.

NO ONE owes you SQUAT, pal and not only are you a lousy Christian, you are also a lousy conservative since you seem to take no notice of their credo of taking personal responsibility and accountability.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667336 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What an arrogant blowhard you are.

First, you post as if you KNOW you will never need medical care based on your medical history- that's pretty bizarre right there, RR and now you know what a judge is or is not going to do.

Did you buy your crystal ball online and does it work in predicting how the stock market will or will not perform?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667337 Oct 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
SO very well stated!

KUDOS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 104,794
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Steve III 642,158
Play "end of the word" part 2 42 min Aussie Kev 1,756
DEFEND our BORDERS 1 hr ILLEGALS GANGS CA... 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr scientia potentia... 39,090
Rotten egg/sulfur burps followed by vomiting 2 hr corncake123 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr LAWEST100 44,476
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr LAWEST100 618,462
More from around the web