Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#667272 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of them do charge a fee. Tithing is mandatory in many churches.
"Many churches" implies a majority.

Provide evidence that at least 51% of churches have a mandatory tithe.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#667273 Oct 24, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So is Alice in Wonderland.
Alice is more believable.
And immensely better written.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#667274 Oct 24, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do love the way you put things, concise and to the point
The problem is though that over in davesworld (and RRs ranch) anything that rocks their personal belief in their god did it by magic out of nothing is just ignored.
So true.

The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#667275 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.....you ARE stuck on the erroneous notion that it is one's USE of medical coverage that should or should not determine one's premium.
Sorry, RR- it doesn't work like that.
But true enough that up until now, no other insurance provider (auto, home, for instance) was allowed to raise their rates willy-nilly and however much they wanted to.
It is the health insurance companies ONLY that have had an absolute FIELD day riding roughshod over the American public and really not having been held accountable for doing so.
Fortunately, those days are OVER.
They've had a great ride obscenely over-stuffing their coffers at the expense of their customers.
No more- or at the very least, not anywhere near as much.
What days are over? Obamacare starts January 1st, that's the same day my insurance goes up 30%.

In what way is that helpful and in what way did Obamacare stop that from happening?
LineDazzle

London, UK

#667276 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So why not drop your auto insurance assuming you haven't had to use it just as you haven't had to use your medical insurance?
What's that? Because it is the LAW that one must have auto insurance if they own a car??
You can no more predict what your health situation will be in the future any more than you can predict that you will never be in a car accident.
And wasn't it you who posted earlier that "sh*t happens"??
True enough; and sometimes that sh*t that happens is an unforeseen illness, accident or injury that requires medical attention.
And I'm sick of your whining about the fine- it's quite negligible.
Sometimes it can be unnecessary for a person to pay for insurance all the time.

They must have it only when necessary.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#667277 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>But here is what RR is planning to do:
"RiversideRedneck wrote:
So I'll act in kind.
I'll refuse to purchase insurance and pay your Obamafine in '15.
If I get hurt and need medical aid, well....
....the wealth will have to be distributed to cover that cost.
You should be proud of me."
And he is so clueless as to think that him proudly stating in so many words that he will leech off of others is something to be proud of.
You can't teach self respect or explain the value of self esteem to some people.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#667278 Oct 24, 2013
orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate women.
They worship each other and are against men.
Oh, Little Tangerine is back! Was "LineDazzle" too gay a name for you?

So...the post above...I guess we can all assume that yet another woman refused to go out with you? Can't imagine why!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#667279 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm done spending money for something I don't need.
And which you have NO idea if you will need it at some future date or not.

Using as what passes as logic for you, why continue to pay for auto insurance if you never get in any accidents or if you haven't for the past 20 years or so??

What's that? Because it is LAW that you must have auto insurance whether or not you need to use it?

You know, this reminds me of something that happened in the office where I was working back in the early 70s.

Back then, health insurance was GREAT.

Here's why:

1. Health insurers did not get to call the shots in regard to a person's health. If a doctor said a test, procedure or surgery was required, there was no argument from the health insurers.

2. Premiums were quite low and so much so, that the majority of employers paid 100% of the premiums.

So anyway, a young woman started working at the company and as was the custom back then among companies, she was offered fully company paid insurance upon starting to work (none of this 90 day waiting period crap was the case then either).

She declined even though it was not going to cost her a cent.

Why did she decline having coverage?

Because she was superstitious that as soon as she had coverage, something would happen to her.

All we could do was shake our heads at her silliness.

She was a young woman, very healthy, non-smoker, not overweight at all, etc.

So......a month or so after she declined coverage, she was crossing the street one day, she tripped and broke her foot in 5 places.

And- she had NO insurance to help offset the cost of what was a very serious- and totally unforeseen- injury that could not be predicted.

So while she had to pay out of pocket for that medical care, she signed up for coverage right then and there and it took that to happen to her to realize the importance- and necessity- of having health insurance.

The moral of the story is really very simple, RR:

ALL insurance is for what we can't possibly foresee what may happen- be it in reference to our cars, our homes, or our health.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667280 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What days are over? Obamacare starts January 1st, that's the same day my insurance goes up 30%.
In what way is that helpful and in what way did Obamacare stop that from happening?
This is why I don't believe your rates are increasing by 30%.

I told you last week there is no reason why I would be an exception to insurance rate increases, yet my insurance is not going up one red cent for the first time EVER.

But you insist you are telling the truth, so do what you will because at the end of the day RR, I really don't give a rat's Aunt Fanny WHAT the hell you do.

YOU are not MY problem.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#667281 Oct 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your compulsion for "Speaking out against the stupidity and lies of religion" took you out of the realm of logic,reason, rationality, and other synonyms of objectivity.
You're a cultist. You joined a group. That or you have a messiah complex.
A theist has no place talking about logic or reason for those concepts escape you. Theists believe what they want to believe, atheists side with facts. Believe what you want about atheists, it will not make it true any more than your faith makes your imaginary sky fairy true.
LineDazzle

London, UK

#667282 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So why not drop your auto insurance assuming you haven't had to use it just as you haven't had to use your medical insurance?
What's that? Because it is the LAW that one must have auto insurance if they own a car??
You can no more predict what your health situation will be in the future any more than you can predict that you will never be in a car accident.
And wasn't it you who posted earlier that "sh*t happens"??
True enough; and sometimes that sh*t that happens is an unforeseen illness, accident or injury that requires medical attention.
And I'm sick of your whining about the fine- it's quite negligible.
I'm sorry OCB, you were right, nanoanomaly is disgusting.

Nanoanomaly erotices her abuse by having some spanking fetish, eroticing, or making light out of abuse is not ok.

Even for an asshole like me, I can see how sick it is.

How would you feel if someone eroticed abuse and you yourself were abused as you witnessed the abuse being eroticed, joked about, made light of, or so on?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#667283 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
I'm gonna turn liberal and leech any medical needs off of the gub'ment.
Problem solved.
Going through life with so little self esteem would make me almost as miserable as being a theist.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667284 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. And since I have virtually no medical history, I don't need insurance and likely won't need any state aid medical help.
But if I do, I'm going to pay that $700 fine, so...
So now you're a fortune teller, huh?

You are using your medical history as some sort of indication of your medical future, huh?

You're clueless.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#667285 Oct 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't teach self respect or explain the value of self esteem to some people.
All too true.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#667286 Oct 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you don't believe me, I have no reason to lie about it.
I am canceling my insurance at the end of the year, not because I want to but because I have to. Besides that, it really pisses me off that they'd raise my insurance even though I never used it. What other companies do that? None that I can think of.
It's being raised because of all the other parasites - like what you are going to become.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#667287 Oct 24, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry OCB, you were right, nanoanomaly is disgusting.
Nanoanomaly erotices her abuse by having some spanking fetish, eroticing, or making light out of abuse is not ok.
Even for an asshole like me, I can see how sick it is.
How would you feel if someone eroticed abuse and you yourself were abused as you witnessed the abuse being eroticed, joked about, made light of, or so on?
I guess "LineDazzle" is just gay enough for you!

I see you're still working you spanking fetish...is this problem? Can't find a a big, strapping man to spank you?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#667288 Oct 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There are certain jobs that require certain skills. You shouldn't take them unless you have those skills.
Action/reaction as displayed by those cops is the same you would get from any civilian with a sense of empowerment and a fear for their life.
So why do you oppose citizens carrying guns.
Why do you make things up? I don't oppose guns in any way. Guns are not the problem, morally challenged idiots who lack the personal discretion necessary to posses them are the problem, not the gun. Giving everybody an IQ test and make them score at least 100 before selling them a gun might help a little.
LineDazzle

London, UK

#667289 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And which you have NO idea if you will need it at some future date or not.
Using as what passes as logic for you, why continue to pay for auto insurance if you never get in any accidents or if you haven't for the past 20 years or so??
What's that? Because it is LAW that you must have auto insurance whether or not you need to use it?
You know, this reminds me of something that happened in the office where I was working back in the early 70s.
Back then, health insurance was GREAT.
Here's why:
1. Health insurers did not get to call the shots in regard to a person's health. If a doctor said a test, procedure or surgery was required, there was no argument from the health insurers.
2. Premiums were quite low and so much so, that the majority of employers paid 100% of the premiums.
So anyway, a young woman started working at the company and as was the custom back then among companies, she was offered fully company paid insurance upon starting to work (none of this 90 day waiting period crap was the case then either).
She declined even though it was not going to cost her a cent.
Why did she decline having coverage?
Because she was superstitious that as soon as she had coverage, something would happen to her.
All we could do was shake our heads at her silliness.
She was a young woman, very healthy, non-smoker, not overweight at all, etc.
So......a month or so after she declined coverage, she was crossing the street one day, she tripped and broke her foot in 5 places.
And- she had NO insurance to help offset the cost of what was a very serious- and totally unforeseen- injury that could not be predicted.
So while she had to pay out of pocket for that medical care, she signed up for coverage right then and there and it took that to happen to her to realize the importance- and necessity- of having health insurance.
The moral of the story is really very simple, RR:
ALL insurance is for what we can't possibly foresee what may happen- be it in reference to our cars, our homes, or our health.
I hate everything about you.

Yes, now I have my chance to find hate!
HHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!
I know who you are, I formed a hostility towards you as I got to know you(loves equivalent to a bond, a connection), and now I finally fell in hate HJAHAHAHAHASHSDJDKFJIY"!! !!!!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#667290 Oct 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So true.
The inner defenses are unconscious. They consist of a kind of magic aura which the mind builds around cherished belief. Arguments which penetrate into the magic aura are not dealt with rationally but by a specific type of pseudo-reasoning. Absurdities and contradictions are made acceptable by specious rationalizations.
-- Arthur Koestler
What's a specious rationalization?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#667291 Oct 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So now you're a fortune teller, huh?
You are using your medical history as some sort of indication of your medical future, huh?
You're clueless.
If he owns a home or property RR is just one car wreck away from bankruptcy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 2 min truth 535
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min X Pendable 184,718
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 14 min Truthiness 116
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min Bongo 88,087
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min crucifiedguy 284,534
topic sex forum gone? 1 hr Cookie9904 59
How To Download Facebook and YouTube Videos in HD 1 hr Hotty7564 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Just Think 665,281
More from around the web