Prove there's a god.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

#666782 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
People die on the hospital lawn for not having insurance?
O_o
Who? When?
LOS ANGELES — A woman who lay bleeding on the emergency room floor of a troubled inner-city hospital died after 911 dispatchers refused to contact paramedics or an ambulance to take her to another facility, newly released tapes of the emergency calls reveal.
Edith Isabel Rodriguez, 43, died of a perforated bowel on May 9 at Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital. Her death was ruled accidental by the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.

Relatives said Rodriguez was bleeding from the mouth and writhing in pain for 45 minutes while she was at a hospital waiting area. Experts have said she could have survived had she been treated early enough.

----------

NEW YORK — A woman who died unnoticed on a hospital floor in an upsetting scene recorded by security cameras was killed by blood clots caused by a long period of physical inactivity, according to the city's medical examiner.
Esmin Green, 49, had been sitting in a waiting room at the city-owned Kings County Hospital Center for nearly 24 hours when she collapsed from her chair and slowly died on June 19.

She lay on the floor at the Brooklyn hospital for an hour before a nurse finally checked her pulse.

After an autopsy and weeks of tests, the medical examiner's office concluded Friday that Green was killed by pulmonary thromboemboli, blood clots that form in the legs and travel through the bloodstream to the lungs.

----------

(Reuters)- Nearly 45,000 people die in the United States each year -- one every 12 minutes -- in large part because they lack health insurance and can not get good care, Harvard Medical School researchers found in an analysis released on Thursday.
"We're losing more Americans every day because of inaction ... than drunk driving and homicide combined," Dr. David Himmelstein, a co-author of the study and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard, said in an interview with Reuters.

Overall, researchers said American adults age 64 and younger who lack health insurance have a 40 percent higher risk of death than those who have coverage.

----------

It happens all the time.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#666783 Oct 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be just like you RR to let babies play unsupervised and put crayons into their mouth. Ignoring your children is a form of abuse.
In the juvenile court system, it's called neglect.

And when the neglect places the child at risk to their physical or emotional well-being, the child can be pulled from the parent.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#666784 Oct 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do I have to pay for everyone else's kids education ?
Because politicians want to get re-elected. Each time we ask the Government to do something for us it gets bigger, costs more, gets more powerful, does less and wastes more. And that makes it easier for stupid people to ask the government for something more.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#666785 Oct 23, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"RR, we argue about this stuff because we live in a christian society and the forum is populated mostly by christians. Many of us are ex-christians. Notice how the debate turned to islam when a (crazy) muslim popped up?"
"Not buying it. My gut tells me that you're all secretly christians deep down, and that god's mighty hand draws you to topix."
Lol

Close.

I think it's your curiosity about God that brings you here.

It's a good, let's talk about God.

Location hidden

#666786 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ok. No discipline.
So if your baby wanted to wear that plastic bag as a hat, you would do nothing.
Only a moron like you RR would let a baby play with plastic bags.

Location hidden

#666787 Oct 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
His assholism and deceit has no bounds.
Nicely said.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

#666788 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When my son was less than a year old, he drew what could only be described as a whale.
It was weird. He shouldn't have been able to draw anything, but he did. It was crude, but it was a masterpiece coming from such a young kid.
Nowadays he can draw, color, paint, whatever like a pro. He's always had a gift for it.
He was coloring, or playing with crayons anyway, before 6 months old.
It was obviously a drawing of his mother.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

#666789 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When my son was less than a year old, he drew what could only be described as a whale.
It was weird. He shouldn't have been able to draw anything, but he did. It was crude, but it was a masterpiece coming from such a young kid.
Nowadays he can draw, color, paint, whatever like a pro. He's always had a gift for it.
He was coloring, or playing with crayons anyway, before 6 months old.
That's called pareidolia, nitwit.

Location hidden

#666790 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What kind of a negligent parent would allow their 6 month old baby to be near crayons to begin with?
The same kind of parent that lets his babies play with plastic bags for hats: RR!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666791 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nope- as RR said, his point is to stick me and whoever else DOES have health insurance with HIS medical bills.
Gotta just love that conservaTARD sense of "personal responsibility".....
I'm just helping you liberals distribute that wealth.

Location hidden

#666792 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not so sure he's mentally ill, but then again, I guess willful ignorance and intellectually laziness can be considered a mental illness.
KKKrist-insanity is a mental illness.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666793 Oct 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And so do adults.
When a commercial aircraft's mechanisms detect a serious problem, such as a glide slope that may cause the plane to make impact with a mountain, or the ground, an automated voice warning sounds, for example, "Pull up, pull up."
A female voice is used for the warnings, on the theory that people respond more quickly to female than male commands.
Is that what the guys told you over at the bathhouse?

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#666794 Oct 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt Dawkins would bother with Topix but some of his acolytes definitely have been on here, pushing his agenda, conversion. I've had several show up in real life, since 2009, before I was even registered. Talk about determined, obsessive-compulsive nutjobs! They've made a point of following relatives of mine around for a long time now, even as far as my mom in Vegas and my aunt and cousins here. It's eerie when they make a point of letting them know that they're being watched.
Strange, but I'm just now reminded of a scene in Damien where the "followers" were massed together, looking very *determined* and committed to identifying and targeting *certain* people. Ooooh, goosebumps!
Did you read that link I posted about the violent "proud atheist"?

Weren't his words and rationale eerily familiar? That is why I asked if we were missing anyone since he was arrested. Classic Topix atheist.

Look at his criminal history. I can suspect many Topix atheists to have the same anger issues and lack of control. I sincerely believe there is pathology driving them. Not the devil, he would pick better product to represent him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666795 Oct 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
My son is 23 now, and looks like a barber pole.
Red, white and blue crayons?

At least you're patriotic.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666796 Oct 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I could tell my daughter "no" all day and she'd ignore it every time but let her dad come home and say it just once and she minded his no. She's never given him any attitude either like she's given me, no, "But...!' All I know is that her head always *perked* a little different in response to his voice than it did mine, pretty much since birth.
Yep, I'm going with tone too.
Who did the disciplining, you , him or both of you?

Location hidden

#666797 Oct 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the juvenile court system, it's called neglect.
And when the neglect places the child at risk to their physical or emotional well-being, the child can be pulled from the parent.
Thank you for the clarification. I hope RR is paying attention to this.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#666798 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what the guys told you over at the bathhouse?
I have never visited a bathhouse.

I gained the knowledge in aircraft accident litigation (a lucrative practice, btw).

You must be thinking of your buddy Skom with that bathhouse stuff.

In the meantime, check this out, redneck:

http://dailycurrant.com/2013/10/23/sarah-pali...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666799 Oct 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be just like you RR to let babies play unsupervised and put crayons into their mouth. Ignoring your children is a form of abuse.
Who said anything about Unsupervised?

Oh yeah, you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666800 Oct 23, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a moron like you RR would let a baby play with plastic bags.
No, that would be Catcher.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666801 Oct 23, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>It was obviously a drawing of his mother.
It's funny you mention that.

When my sons are talking about the mother to me, they don't say "my mom", they say "the whale".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 88,384
"I LOVE YOU Eva' 7 min Doctor REALITY 3
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 14 min Insults Are Easier 627
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min AussieBobby 284,624
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min X Pendable 184,770
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min truth 665,473
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr truth 45,848
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web