"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:

No. You said top and bottom borders , not north and south borders. If the Bible said top and bottom borders like you did, you'd use that against the Bible to show how wrong it is.
THAT'S the reference here, Christine. I understood what you meant by "top and bottom borders", you pretend like you don't understand "moving a mountain with faith".
It's a sick game you play.
ChristineM wrote:

Note a smoked herring (depending on the smoking method) can have a reddish colour. Therefore a red herring can be factual, you simply choose to interpret the term otherwise.
This is the third time you've pulled a red herring (a distraction) out and ignored the context of my post.

Will there be a fourth?

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:

I know, I'm asking him to prove it here.
People prove God all the time, too. By experiencing Him.
ChristineM wrote:
Wrong, that’s imagine god – not prove god.
Ah, then it's 'imagine love', not prove love.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to discuss something? How about the Bible?
JOSH. 15:18 and JUD. 1:14 ("...as she came unto him (her husband), she moved him to ask of her father a field...."--KJ, RS, ML, AS, NEB, NWT, NAS, MT, NIV) versus ("...when she came to her husband, he urged her to ask her father for a field"--JB, BBE, NEB, TEV). Who urged whom to ask?
GEN. 11:2 ("And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east"--KJ, RS, BBE, LV) versus ("...in the east"--ML, NEB, NAB, TEV) versus ("...eastward or to the east"--NIV, LB, ASV, NWT, NAS, MT). Did they journey from the east, to the east, or in the east?
GEN. 19:14 ("Lot went out, and spoke unto his sons-in-law which married his daughters"--KJ, ASV, BBE, NAB, NWT, MT, LV) versus ("Lot went out and said to his sons-in-law, who were to marry his daughters"--RS, LB, NIV, JB, NEB, TEV, NAS). Were the sons-in-law married to Lot's daughters and how could they be sons-in-law if they weren't)?
GEN. 49:10 ("The sceptre shall not depart from Judah...until Shiloh come...."--KJ, ML, LB, ASV, NWT, NAS) versus ("The sceptre shall not depart from Judah...as long as men come to Shiloh...."--MT. Is Shiloh a man or a place and who or what is coming--men or Shiloh?
EX. 14:27 ("The Egyptians were fleeing toward it"--NIV, RS, JB, NAS) versus ("the Egyptians fled against it"--KJ, ML, ASV, MT, LV) versus ("...the Egyptians were fleeing from encountering it"--NWT.
NUM. 3:28 ("In the number of all the males from a month old and upward were 8,600"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, ASV, BBE, NEB, TEV, NWT, NAS, MT, NI, LV) versus ("...males of one month and over, came to 8,300"--NAB, JB).
NUM. 11:25 ("...when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease"--KJ) versus ("...and when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied. But they did so no more"--all other versions). Only the KJV says the prophesying did not cease.
Would you care to explain to us why we should trust the Bible?
You are incapable of a ration discussion, Anal.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly, I don't know if humans will make it too much further. We've got too many bad things going on at once: resource wars, belief wars, tribal wars, which will lead to the eventual collapse and self-extinction of our species, and our technological "advances" have only been for the benefit of killing more people faster.
We've "evolved" to the ability to be able to wipe ourselves out in 0.5 seconds.
Hoo. F*cking. Ray. We can kill our ENTIRE PLANET in just the blink of an eye, yaaaayyyy!
Soooooo looking forward to the whole world going SHPOOF...and reduced to a black ball of radioactive ash that NO life will EVER be able to live on EVER, EVER again.
The earth is a lunatic asylum. Look out at the night sky, the Universe did not put all its eggs in one basket. I love the earth and hate it that insane people inventing Gods run it.

At any moment these flesh and blood broken machines can go beserk and destroy us all in the name of some god or other.

Why is the earth run by insane people who feel a need to control other people and take advantage of them by inventing Gods that they must obey?

Just look at all the defective people who waltz in here telling us about this God being for which they have no proof. The reason we have not been visited by extra-terrestrial beings is the same reason we will not go spend the night at the local insane asylum.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving love is a dubious concept, because of the fact that it is an emotion, not a tangible. It gets broken down into many smaller pieces - willingness to sacrifice self, is just one example. So no, love cannot be proven, but it certainly can be affirmed and implied.
"experiencing god" is by no means proof of a god. Firstly, because your god is not an emotion (or is it?). Secondly, since the dawn of time, countless people have "experienced" god. Zeus, Ra, Odin, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Quetzecoatl, Loki, Hapi, Diana, etc, etc.
Is their "experiencing" of their deity also proof of existence?
<quoted text>
Where did she lie? You do not believe of similar myths?
Good luck dealing with RR.

My advice: Don't argue with an idiot; he'll drag you down to his level and defeat you with experience.

Yet, if anybody has a chance, it's the Mighty Double Fine.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

When you invent God you destroy personal responsibility.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:

The only further evolution possible to humanity is a personal individual conscious evolution. You are like a sperm that can't find an egg insisting it be recognized as a fully grown human being.
You have no evidence to suggest that humans won't evolve any further.

You believe it.

Neat, huh?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:

If you bend over I'll prove I have a penis.
Ok, I'm bending over...

Prove it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
How about some proof that your Bible can not be trusted?
1 SAM. 13:1 ("Saul was .?. years old when he began to reign"--RS, NAB, NWT, MT)
versus
("50 years old"--NEB)
versus
("40 years old"--ASV, NAS)
versus ("30 years old"--NIV).
Again,
1 SAM. 13:1 ("...and for 2 years he reigned over Israel"--NWT, MT, NAB)
versus
("and he reigned over Israel for 22 years"--NEB)
versus ("he reigned 32 years"--NAS)
versus ("he reigned over Israel 42 years"--NIV)
versus ("one or two years"--LV).
Are you confused RR? Anyone normal would have to be.
Lol

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
why is it not to be taken seriously ?!! I bet you never knew anything about the social life of spiders, please check this article for THEODORE EVANS http://www.monte.k12.co.us/delta/ola/classes/...
why everybody is not taking this subject seriously, it was told 1400 years ago that spiders have the flimsiest of houses.
All the spiders I know have my house and I have wrapped my house with earth quake proofing so I have one of the least flimsy houses in California.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Double Fine wrote:

Proving love is a dubious concept, because of the fact that it is an emotion, not a tangible. It gets broken down into many smaller pieces - willingness to sacrifice self, is just one example. So no, love cannot be proven, but it certainly can be affirmed and implied.
Very good. You're the first (or smartest) atheist here. You're the only one to admit it.

Now that you've admitted to love not being able to be proven, why do you believe it exists?
"experiencing god" is by no means proof of a god. Firstly, because your god is not an emotion (or is it?). Secondly, since the dawn of time, countless people have "experienced" god. Zeus, Ra, Odin, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Quetzecoatl, Loki, Hapi, Diana, etc, etc.
Is their "experiencing" of their deity also proof of existence?
Then experiencing love is by no means proof of love.
Where did she lie? You do not believe of similar myths?
That's not what she says. She says Jesus Christ is a copy of older myths.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cure" my racism?!
O_o
It doesn't need to be "cured".
How about a cure for belief in God?

1 SAM. 25:22 ("...do God unto the enemies of David"--KJ, ML, AS, NWT, NAS, MT) versus ("God do so to David"--RS, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NI, LV). Did God do it to David or the enemies of David?

2 SAM. 15:7 ("At the end of 4 years"--NIV, RS, ML, LB, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NIV, LV) versus ("after 40 years"--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT).

2 SAM. 21:19 ("...Elhanan...slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite"--KJ, LB) versus ("Elhanan...slew Goliath the Gittite"--RS, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, MT, NI).

2 SAM. 23:18 ("Abishai, the brother of Joab...was chief among 3...."--KJ, LB, AS, MT, NI) versus ("Abishai, the brother of Joab,...was chief of the 30"--RS, ML, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS, LV).

2 SAM. 24:2 ("For the king said to Joab the captain of the host...."--KJ, ML, LB, AS, TEV, NWT, NAS, MT, LV) versus ("the king said to Joab and the commanders of the army"--RS, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, NI). Did the king speak to many or Joab alone?

2 SAM. 24:13 ("So God came to David, and told him...Shall 7 years of famine"--KJ, ML, LB, AS, NWT, NAS, MT, LV) versus ("...Shall 3 years of famine"--RS, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, TEV, NI).

2 CHRON. 3:4 ("...20 cubits and the height was an 120"--KJ, RS, JB, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, MT) versus ("...and its height was 20"--NEB, NAB, NI, LV).

2 CHRON. 36:9 ("Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign"--KJ, RS, LB, JB, AS, NEB, NAS, MT) versus ("was 18 years old"--ML, BBE, NAB, TEV, NWT, NI, LV).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. You're an idiot.
You're confusing racism with supremacy.
To clear it up for you, I'm no supremacist. My racism is mostly just racist jokes and being comfortable telling them and hearing them.
And the Holy Spook guides you to be like that?

2 CHRON. 36:10 (...and made Zedekiah his brother king over Judah...."--KJ, RS, LB, JB, AS, NAB, MT, LV) versus ("He appointed his uncle Zedekiah as king...."--ML, BBE, NEB, TEV, NWT, NI).

PSALMS 2:11-12 ("Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry...."--KJ, ML, NI, AS, NWT) versus ("Serve the Lord with fear, with trembling kiss his feet, lest he be angry"--RS, JB, BBE) versus ("...kiss the King, lest the Lord be angry"--NEB). So what is to be kissed--the Son, his feet, or the King?

PROV. 10:6 ("...but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked"--KJ, AS, NIV) versus (...but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence"--RS, ML, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS, MT). Does violence cover the mouth or does the mouth cover the violence? Which covers which?

PROV. 11:30 ("The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise"--KJ, NI, AS, NWT, MT, NAS) versus ("The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, but lawlessness takes away lives"--RS, BBE, NAB, NEB, TEV). The underlined parts of these two verses are quite dissimilar.

PROV. 21:l2 ("The righteous man wisely considereth the house of the wicked"--KJ, ML, AS, NAB, LV) versus ("The Righteous One considereth the house of the wicked"--MT, JB, BBE, NEB, TEV, NWT, NI). Is God or man to do the considering?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove god loves you.
Go
God hates RR because of what RR does to all us atheists.

JESUS: Matthew 25:40 MARY “Truly I tell you, whatever you do to the least of these brothers and sisters of mine,[atheists] you do to me.”

What RR does to all us Atheists he does to Jesus. Now this gets complicated because RR is filled with the spirit of the Holy Spook,[I know you thought he was full of shit] and that Spook is guiding him in how to live his life and in his life he doesn't play fairly with Atheists, and what he does to Atheists he does to Jesus, who is also the Holy Spook.

ECCLE. 8:10 ("...they, the wicked, were forgotten in the city where they had so done"--KJ, ML, AS, NWT, NAS, MT, LV) versus ("they were praised in the city...."--RS, BBE, NAB, TEV, NIV). Were the wicked praised or forgotten?

ISA. 65:20 ("and the one who does not reach the age of 100 shall be thought accursed"--NAS, JB, NEB, NAB, NI) versus ("...and the sinner a 100 years old shall be accursed"--RS, KJ, ML, AS, MT, LV). Are you accursed when you reach 100 or before?

JER. 49:32 ("...I will scatter into all winds them that are in the utmost corners...."--KJ, NI) versus ("I will scatter to every wind those who cut the corners of their hair"--RS, ML, JB, AS, BBE, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS, MT, LV). In this instance, the clash between translations is exceptionally obvious.

EZEK. 5:7 ("...nor observed the ordinances of the nations which surround you..."--NAS, KJ, ML, JB, AS, NEB, MT, NIV) versus ("but have acted according to the ordinances of the nations that are round about you"--RS, BBE, NAB, TEV, NWT, LV). Did they follow the ordinances or not?

EZEK. 40:44 ("...at the side of the east gate"--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT, LV) versus (...at the side of the south gate"--RS, ML, LB, JB, BBE, NEW, NAB, TEV, NI).

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Why would it not maintain its outline? You are off-topic now.
You are trying to evade the primary problem with your little argument, in that it places an event 12,000 years ago that, according to the geological record, occurred 140-150 million years ago. You are trying to argue the invalidity of the geological record in an attempt to substantiate ancient Greek mythology.
The same reason bulldozers tend to leave the ground leveled out. I'm not talking the present SE coastline, but the original you can see on Google Earth. Very close match. The drift should have scraped it clean.

In addition, look at that basin. Very odd.

The crust is cooled scum floating on a hot viscous medium. It is about 1/100th of the radius of the earth. That medium creates waves. That is why some earthquakes and meteor impacts can ring the earth like a bell. A sudden collapse could set up a wave that lifted the African land mass up and started a drift.

You are a pew warmer. A fundamentalist that freaks out when alternatives to your scriptures are presented. That is not the way they told you it happened, so it must be wrong and is heresy. The "scientific" priesthood has you firmly in their grasp. You assume they "know" the truth. Try figuring those things out yourself. Just like you tell your "godbots".

The scientists of today are the priests of yesterday. They also have an economic interest in your attendance.

You are a cloned intellect lacking the ability to figure things out for yourself. You are too used to them telling you how it is, and waiting for a treat.

http://viola.bz/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/hm...

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quran never talks about the social life of spiders. It just says their houses are flimsy.
From that you are claiming the writer of the Quran knew that silk is stronger than steel, and then you wonder why we don't take your arguments seriously.
Nicely said!

EZEK. 40:44 ("...at the side of the east gate"--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT, LV) versus (...at the side of the south gate"--RS, ML, LB, JB, BBE, NEW, NAB, TEV, NI).

EZEK. 40:49 ("...and the breadth 11 cubits"--KJ, AS, NWT, NAS, MT, LV) versus ("and the breadth 12 cubits"--RS, JB, BBE, NEB, NAB, NI).

MATT. 6:7 ("But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do...."--KJ, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS) versus ("And in praying do not heap up empty phrases or babble as the Gentiles do..."--RS, TEV, JB, NI, NAB, NEB). The Catholics, with their repetitive "Hail Marys," would not use, or agree with, the former translation and their versions (the JB & NAB) reflect as much.

MATT. 18:22 ("...I say not unto thee, until 7 times; but until 70 times 7 <i.e., 490>"--KJ, RS, ML, LB, AS, BBE, NEB, NAS, NAB, TEV, LV) versus ("...I tell you not 7 times, but 77 times"--NI, JB, NWT). There is a big difference between 490 and 77.

MATT. 26:50 ("Jesus said to him,'Friend why are you here"--KJ, ML, NWT, RS, LV) versus ("Jesus said,'Friend, do what you are here to do"--LB, JB, AS, BBE, NI, NAB, TEV, NAS, NEB). Did Jesus ask a question or issue an order?

MARK 1:2 ("...as it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger..."--KJ) versus "as it is written in Isaiah the prophet, Behold I send my...."--all other versions). The rest of verse 2 and all of verse 3 came from Isaiah and Malachi, not Isaiah alone. Thus, only the KJV can be interpreted without contradiction.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is see you don't want to "cure" your racism either.
Calling white trash white trash is not racism.

More verses to prove the Bible can not be trusted:

LUKE 2:36-37 ("...she had lived with her husband 7 years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was 84 years old"--JB, ML, RS, KJ, AS, NI, NEB, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS) versus ("...after 7 years of married life she had been a widow for 84 years"--LB, LV, BBE). Was she a widow until age 84 after 7 years of marriage or was she a widow for 84 years after 7 years of married life?

LUKE 10:1, 17 ("After this the Lord appointed 70 others...."--KJ, RS, LB, ML, AS, BBE, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("after this the Lord appointed 72 others"--JB, NI, NEB, NAB, TEV).

LUKE 14:5 ("Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit...."--KJ, ML, AS, BBE, NEB) versus ("Which of you, having a son or an ox that has fallen into...."--RS, JB, NI, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS, LV).

LUKE 17:37 ("Where the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together"--RS, KJ, AS, BBE, NWT) versus ("Where there is a corpse, there the vultures will flock"--ML, LB, JB, NI, NEB, NAB, TEV, NAS, LV).

ACTS 3:21 ("...which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began"--KJ, LV) versus ("...that God spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets from of old"--RS, ML, AS, BBE, NI, NAB, TEV, NWT, NAS). Since prophets did not exist when the world began, it's understandable that later versions left the KJ translation. "From of old" is much less precise and more easily defended.

ACTS 12:25 ("...returned from Jerusalem"--NIV, KJ, RS, ML, JB, AS, BBE, NAB, NAS, LV) versus "...returned to Jerusalem"--NEB, TEV).

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
our universe has existed for all time
It can't be any other way, exactly right. It may have re-arranged itself via a phase transition around 15 billion years ago but something has always existed.

So, what is our Universe doing?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have missed a very important piece of information.
"Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty..."
Where did Christianity get it's name?
Oh ya, Jesus.
You were saying?
You can’t just say “I believe so it must be fact” without the possibility of your claim being questioned. There are other more rational and certainly better documented alternatives to how a man named jesus became your object of worship.

There is no evidence that this messiah, saviour mentioned in Tacitus was called jesus, in fact there is considerable contemporary evidence that the name jesus was not associated with christianity until some time after 81/82AD.

Given the various and complimentary records that survive from the time the probability is that Tacitus was describing the crucifixion of one Judas of the Sicari also known as Judas the Galilean. He was the son of Mary and seen as a saviour by some of the Jews of the period and therefore would be called Christus by them. The fact was that he opposed Rome to the extent of terrorism for and on behalf of the Fourth Philosophy (anarchist/terrorist group). He was captured with the help of Saulus (you know him as St Paul) and was crucified for his crimes against the state. His buddies bribed the guard at the site and released him, he was seen about for a few weeks before succumbing to blood poisoning caused by the nails used to attach him to the X.

Note, the Romans did not use a traditional christian interpretation of a cross but an X with a proportion of the two lower legs buried in the ground. This configuration is at least twice as stable as the one depicted in churches.

So we have Judas the Galilean, son of Mary and a Roman soldier named Julius Pantera of Sidon. Judas became the leader of a group of Jews who worshipped both him and what he stood for. He was captured, tried, placed on the cross for crucifixion, escaped and was seen about town before dying a few weeks later.(Sound familiar so far?)

Judas became a posthumous figurehead and rallying cry for the sect of Jews headed by the Fourth Philosophy. The Emperor Titus (along with Josephus) created a plot to discredit his name as the person who betrayed himself by the simple means of building an imaginary figure and playing trick with the last name,(alias). Judas if the Sicari was mirrored by Judas Iscariot.

The name Jesus did not appear until this plot was translated to Greek some time after December 81AD, hence we get Judas Iscariot and Jesus of Galilee

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to smoke my herring in a pipe, rather than rolled into a joint.
Hey, Christine
Hi big man?

How the hoards of worshippers doing? I hope you have not lost too many any by being away in the last month or so.

But as they say, absence makes the god grow stronger

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 631,821 - 631,840 of682,195
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

431 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min Liam 512,936
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 41 min Ruby88 52,601
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 48 min forpetesake 110,114
Christian Lies Exposed (Sep '07) 1 hr Some1 Else 45,842
Windows Xp Professional Sp3 Free Download Full ... (Apr '13) 1 hr prince garg 84
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr No Shiite 217,734
Sex 2 hr Daniel 2
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Some1 Else 89,726
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Aura Mytha 596,704
•••
•••
•••