“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#666059 Oct 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>As you have me, occasionally.
Touché

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#666060 Oct 21, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently thats where you learned all these fact,huh?
LLLLLL
Not enough quantum magic scripture in it for you, eh?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#666061 Oct 21, 2013
Henry Martinez wrote:
Buy a wife from Vietnam. E-mail: master_hoang[at]rocketmail.com
no thnx
money cant buy Love,
without love any mariage is doomed!
Joseph Smith

Virginia Beach, VA

#666062 Oct 21, 2013
This thread has been deemed obsolete because
it is both very old, and it is way too long...

Everyone is to continue this topix discussion here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TNNBNFQ...

Click the Link above to go to the correct thread now.

Location hidden

#666063 Oct 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew nothing about it and I'm not defending anybody.
I'm not a hateful bastard or a lame ass hypocrite.
I just call it like it is, as Howard Cosell used to do.
You just lie.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#666064 Oct 21, 2013
Joseph Smith wrote:
This thread has been deemed obsolete because
it is both very old, and it is way too long...
Everyone is to continue this topix discussion here:
Click the Link above to go to the correct thread now.
Man, trying to be clever is not working out for you...
CLEVER

Virginia Beach, VA

#666065 Oct 21, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fight Club?" (1999)

Brad Pitt, Edward Norton.
Top Picks

Virginia Beach, VA

#666066 Oct 21, 2013

everyone continue this discussion at the above topix

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#666067 Oct 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lie.
Cite one lie I have told.

Location hidden

#666068 Oct 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm not a hateful bastard or a lame ass hypocrite."

Two in one sentence. How's that?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#666069 Oct 21, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what I thought...... It must suck to be him....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#666070 Oct 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
"You are a wife beater and a child abuser."

Like Dave said, two in one sentence.
Elohim is plural

Virginia Beach, VA

#666072 Oct 21, 2013
You all have no excuse, so you all click this link, now:

That is where this topix is to be continued for your posts.

Location hidden

#666073 Oct 21, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/politics/obamac...

I love how mad Obama is about this.

By golly, he is mad as hell and he will get it fixed. Just trust him.

Nothing like a little righteous indignation to win people over, eh?

A shame. All that talent, all that knowing what was best for us. All that planning, all that tax money paying for that talent to put it together.

Those "in the know", those who are "informed", those who are "educated", you know, the average Topix atheist and progressive liberal, they know where the real problem is.

It's Bush's fault.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#666074 Oct 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/21/world/asia/aust...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/18/world/asia/aust...
I see you are having some issues around your neck of the woods.
I looked up the Blue Mountains. Three thousand feet is a mountain? I live at 4000 feet and there ain't a mountain in sight. I can see the top of Pike's Peak if I drive about 10 miles in that direction, which is all uphill, and about 114 miles away.
Hope you guys don't get altitude sickness from trekking up those dizzying high places. Might get worse when they get older and grow up.
We had some nasty prairie fires out here a couple of years ago. One got a half mile away. Had about 3 weeks straight of 115 F with strong dry winds. Last year wasn't so bad. There was nothing left to burn. This year was rather pleasant temp wise.
I guess you know about the flood issues afterwards. Lucky you they don't have 14,000 feet to fall.
We haven't seen nothing yet.
Tomorrow is D day, this fire will become the states biggest fire in history.A 300km fire front being driven by 100kph wind gusts.
It's going to be crazy.

Location hidden

#666075 Oct 21, 2013
I would be interested to see the big savings on premiums those that managed to get enrolled have secured.

Do you think that kind of info will be released?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#666076 Oct 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
oh i get it now, you're getting me back and trying to make me jealous because i said that i have asian fever
well it worked and it hurts me that you've had so many lovers, circumcised, uncircumcised and who knows what else
i guess if we ever do consumate our 'relationship', i'll hafta skip the girlfriend experience and wear protection....:-(
haha...yeah, like I was saving myself for someone on Topix. That's a hoot.
God wrote a book

Virginia Beach, VA

#666077 Oct 21, 2013
God wrote a book? Is that the only way he can try to prove stuff to humanity?

Do something that men also can do just the same as?

And God must have also made all the different religions!

Could it have been otherwise? He wants to mess with us?

We have to get it right among different religions? Really?

YOU CLICK THE ABOVE LINK RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, GOT IT?

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#666078 Oct 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
You are dumber than I thought. And reinforcing what I said about you earlier.
You evidently don't know that continental drift is physical processes. In your mind it is a thing that does it.
Listen up, moron. You might learn something.
Rocks, mountains, dirt. Hard stuff. Plus they have water collected on top, and in the ground. In the ground it is a lubricant. Why you slip on mud.
That is the crust. Be advised there is something called gravity that pulls it down and exerts pressure on whatever is below it. No lie, there really is.
Beneath that crust is an area of the mantle that is kind of slippery in comparison. I posted a link to it. This is on top of harder stuff. Understand the term harder is relative,
A bulldozer has a hardened blade. They are notoriously heavy, too. I know, I ate one once. This weight exerts pressure on the ground below it. Just like that gravity pulling the crust down. Fancy that!
Now, when you move that bulldozer it will what they call shear any ground above the lower edge of the blade, what they call levelling the ground, which is dirt mostly. This is a combo of the gravity working on the bulldozer versus the gravity of the dirt. With the horizontal motion something has to give, usually the dirt. They don't work so well levelling solid granite mountains, but the dirt gives kind of easy. I can go into much greater detail as to why, but there is not enough space, nor ambition to do so.
But here is the similarity.
The crust is the bulldozer blade. Gravity is the weight. The drift is the motion. The outline gets erased. Otherwise the southern part of Africa had to climb that outline.
Go play in the dirt and learn something.
While this analogy is comical, it shows you have a fundamental misunderstanding of plate tectonics (which is, in turn, responsible for continental drift).

"Continental drift" does not mean that the continents are simply drifting around, bulldozing everything in their path like you are implying. Rather, continental drift occurs as the tectonic plates the continents rest upon move around. There are different types of boundaries between these plates, as well. Some boundaries essentially slide past one another, another type of boundary is where the two plates move apart from one another (like the Mid-Atlantic Ridge), and another type of boundary is where two plates move towards each other. Only one of those types of boundaries - the one in which the plates are moving toward one another - would create a scenario even remotely like the bulldozer example you suggested.

The plate that South America is sitting on and the plate that Africa is sitting on are moving away from one another, contrary to the whole scenario you have concocted. You simply made up the boundary type to fit your story instead of first finding out what type of boundary actually exists between those particular plates.

Anyways, the plates are moving away from each other. Where they meet is the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. As the two plates move apart from one another magma reaches the seafloor (at the Mid-Atlantic Ridge) and hardens, in turn producing new plate material. They move apart from one another at about the rate of 2.5 cm per year. You are suggesting that 12,000 years ago, South America was next to Africa, which would place them (moving 2.5 cm apart from one another per year) at a whopping 300 meters away from one another now. This isn't even 1/5 of a mile. This isn't even remotely close to reality.

I know, I know, you suggested that South America surfed over to where it is now because of a meteor or earthquake. And there's a bulldozer in there somewhere. But, there is no evidence whatsoever to substantiate such an extravagant claim, nor does it even make any sense in regards to plate tectonics.

Location hidden

#666079 Oct 21, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't seen nothing yet.
Tomorrow is D day, this fire will become the states biggest fire in history.A 300km fire front being driven by 100kph wind gusts.
It's going to be crazy.
That's a big fire. So they are going to merge?

Is it headed for Sydney? Is it sending a lot of wildlife out?

Have the atheists started praying for rain yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 559,363
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 16 min gemma 660
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 20 min RAJESH 1,261
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 37 min Seraphima 604,967
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 43 min Blanc manger coco 119,649
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Aura Mytha 265,096
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 57 min sammy 79
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Lyndi 175,605
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web