Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#666444 Oct 23, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Potter has and invisibility cloak one too
No such thing, all energy is destructive in enough amounts.
Even solar energy, which is environmentally among the least destructive, is lethal unless protected by distance, a protective atmosphere and magnetic field.
To create matter from energy requires the colossal forces of for example, dying or exploding suns
Eg to convert one gram of energy to matter requires the equivalent explosive power of more than thousand tons of TNT
Pretty destructive – yes?
Over how much time?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666445 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand. I don't compare God to an emotion, I compare the impossibility of proving either.
Emotions manifest themselves through behaviors, god is nothing but a foolish superstition.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666446 Oct 23, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Furthermore, evolution, if it actually happened, would have long ago given us retractable swords in our arms and an invisibility cloak.
Evolution is as proven a fact as a fact can possibly be proven. To doubt evolution is to doubt everything or in other words, you're insane.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#666447 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That you even bothered to notice shows your sane?
You start and end your day on Topix, and you question other people's sanity? Topix IS your life, and again, you're really screwed up.

Alamosa, CO

#666448 Oct 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotions manifest themselves through behaviors, god is nothing but a foolish superstition.
You've been gone for a while.

Mental ward again?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666449 Oct 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been gone for a while.
Mental ward again?
Just stopped in to see if the same deluded lunatics were here defending their imaginary sky fairy and I see they are. By the way, it's called projection when you do that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#666450 Oct 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://health.wusf.usf.edu/pos t/fl-blue-cancels-300000-polic ies?nopop=1
Oh where or where is our OCB?
Hopefully it wasn't her Blue Cross/Blue Shield that didn't go up one cent that got cancelled.
Which could explain why it didn't go up. That should always make you nervous when your insurance company doesn't raise its rates. That is against the laws of nature,or something.
Sorry to disappoint you, Dave, but my insurance was not canceled and will not be canceled.

I have group coverage and so I am not one of the 300,000 people affected.

It is unfortunate for those who were affected, but more unfortunate are those like you who expected a seamless transition without any glitches.

I realize you prefer for health insurers to continue to bilk the public- not only in dollars- but also by denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, denying claims, etc.

I realize you prefer our health care/insurance system stay exactly as it is- which is a SICK care system driven only by profits with no actual concern for the health and well being of the American population.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666451 Oct 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> OcD and Apsu are roomies, they suck together without even trying to.
Oh hush up, Aunt Martha.

You suck all on your own and all by your lonesome.

And speaking of sucking, it simply HAS to suck to be you, Auntie.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666452 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB?!
She's under the desk....
fip fip fip fip fip
....almost done
Wait your turn!
Dream on, pal- dream on.

And make sure all the guys know to wait their turns for your WIFE.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#666453 Oct 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
A response to RR's "prove love exists".
Love, as you know, is an emotion and often a subjective experience. A deity is an entity with specific characteristics. Two different things altogether
Exactly.

Using the methods to prove other beings exist, no deity has been proven to exist.

Once physical evidence of a deity is produced I will accept its existence.

So far, all anyone has is words in books.
By that criteria Unicorns and pixies are as real as God....except Unicorns and pixies are more believable.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666454 Oct 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What happens when two giant black holes get too close to each other? ;)
They form a giant NANOhole- also known as the giant A@@HOLE that you truly are- along with being such a silly lil' cunny!
yTube

Marietta, GA

#666455 Oct 23, 2013

Most "RELIGIOUS" generation today, ever ::(Jesus)

http://youtu.be/hbnHgL4qnPU

Alamosa, CO

#666456 Oct 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stopped in to see if the same deluded lunatics were here defending their imaginary sky fairy and I see they are. By the way, it's called projection when you do that.
Deluded lunatics flock together. Knew you couldn't stay away. Glad you could make the scene.

Here, grab a chair.

Hey, everyone!!

Pat's back!

Alamosa, CO

#666457 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to disappoint you, Dave, but my insurance was not canceled and will not be canceled.
It is unfortunate for those who were affected, but more unfortunate are those like you who expected a seamless transition without any glitches.
I realize you prefer for health insurers to continue to bilk the public- not only in dollars- but also by denying coverage for pre-existing conditions, denying claims, etc.
I realize you prefer our health care/insurance system stay exactly as it is- which is a SICK care system driven only by profits with no actual concern for the health and well being of the American population.
So you are getting it through your employer?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#666458 Oct 23, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that it is a fauty comparison. Unless yo are wiling to argue that your deity, like love, exists in the subjective viewpoint. In which case, we had won
No, that is not my argument or viewpoint.

I'm not referring to God Himself or love itself, I'm referring to the difficulty (or impossibility) of proving either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666459 Oct 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide evidence for your assertion.

Alamosa, CO

#666460 Oct 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Using the methods to prove other beings exist, no deity has been proven to exist.
By that criteria Unicorns and pixies are as real as God....except Unicorns and pixies are more believable.
Hey, Ben.

You forgot to mention that is your criteria. Therefore those conclusions are yours. Personal viewpoints on the matter.

The importance to everyone else of your accepting if proof is provided according to your criteria is also a very personal view of yours.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666461 Oct 23, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You start and end your day on Topix, and you question other people's sanity? Topix IS your life, and again, you're really screwed up.
HA HA! What?!

Yesterday I was off of Topix a little after three but didn't go to bed until after ten.

Everyday I wake up at 4:30. The first thing I do is get a cup of coffee, grab a Marlboro and go sit outside with my chickens, Earl, Patsy & Liz. I feed them a few pieces of bread, enjoy the cool morning air and sip my coffee. Then I go take a shit. That's when I first posted, around 5am, you saw it at 5:12 (or whatever).

Not the "first thing" as you implied.

But so what? There are people posting here at 3am and saying good night to each other. What's it to you?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666462 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to disappoint you, Dave, but my insurance was not canceled and will not be canceled.
Oh, GAWD. They let you out?

Hey, guess what? My insurance is going up Jan 1st. Over $50 a month.

RR's cancelling his insurance and will pay the Obama fine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666463 Oct 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
What do you suppose would be a good test for God?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min LAWEST100 667,941
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 5 min Rao 266
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min crucifiedguy 286,083
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 92,715
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr lisw 183,629
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 619,219
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
More from around the web