OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#666469 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, GAWD. They let you out?
Hey, guess what? My insurance is going up Jan 1st. Over $50 a month.
RR's cancelling his insurance and will pay the Obama fine.
Wha??? "let me out"? WTF are you nattering on about now, RR?

Sorry to hear that your insurance is going up.

Glad to know that mine is NOT.

Good- pay the fine. Then if you should be hit with a catastrophic illness or accident for which you require a lot of medical attention, then you can really pay the fine of having no insurance in the way of hospital and doctor's bills in the tens and tens of thousands of dollars.

Oh wait- that's right.....with your incredible sense of entitlement, you think that doctors and hospitals simply HAVE to agree to whatever monthly payment plan that YOU suggest.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#666470 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose would be a good test for God?
Provide one.

Just like Nessie and Bigfoot.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666471 Oct 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are getting it through your employer?
Correct. And I never claimed otherwise. What I did rightly claim is that this is the first year ever that Blue Cross did not increase my premium by one red cent.

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#666472 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA! What?!
Yesterday I was off of Topix a little after three but didn't go to bed until after ten.
Everyday I wake up at 4:30. The first thing I do is get a cup of coffee, grab a Marlboro and go sit outside with my chickens, Earl, Patsy & Liz. I feed them a few pieces of bread, enjoy the cool morning air and sip my coffee. Then I go take a shit. That's when I first posted, around 5am, you saw it at 5:12 (or whatever).
Not the "first thing" as you implied.
But so what? There are people posting here at 3am and saying good night to each other. What's it to you?
What breed of chickens?

I want some chickens, but the city ordinances prohibit livestock. Right across the street in the county they have horses, goats, cows, and donkeys. Pisses me off. I want some Rhode Island reds running around kicking cats ass out of the yard. Or some of those fancy ones. I like eggs.

https://myspace.com/therealtomthall/music/son...

Hit the play button.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666473 Oct 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Ben.
You forgot to mention that is your criteria. Therefore those conclusions are yours. Personal viewpoints on the matter.
The importance to everyone else of your accepting if proof is provided according to your criteria is also a very personal view of yours.
No Dave that is YOUR CRITERIA TOO unless you are going to admit that you believe in everything that can't be disproven.

There is no knowledge of any gods. Not a single fact can be offered about any god except the fact that there is no knowledge of any gods.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#666474 Oct 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Behaviors are not evidence? We put people in cages due to their behaviors.
So? We also pay people a shitload of money to pretend their emotions on a silver screen.

You said "Emotions manifest themselves through behaviors".

Provide evidence for that assertion, don't ask a question.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666475 Oct 23, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you concede that there is no physical evidence for the existence of supernatural beings like your deity ?
I always have.

I've also always said that I can't prove God to you.

But that doesn't mean God doesn't exist. You can't prove love to me, but we both know it exists. Why? How do we know that? Because we've both experienced love. The difference is, I've experienced God so I know He's real.

I just can't prove it to you. That means nothing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666476 Oct 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose would be a good test for Mother Goose?
*shrugs*

Who cares?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666477 Oct 23, 2013
Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. They rarely disagree on what is or is not valid evidence (proof) for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). Theists prove every day that they can and do use normal reasoning powers for they reject the vast majority of unsupported beliefs using normal logic and reason. It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the theist, attempting to protect their cherished beliefs. Theists can't face their own mortality honestly like an atheist is able to, the fear is just too great for them.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666478 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wha??? "let me out"? WTF are you nattering on about now, RR?
Sorry to hear that your insurance is going up.
Glad to know that mine is NOT.
Good- pay the fine. Then if you should be hit with a catastrophic illness or accident for which you require a lot of medical attention, then you can really pay the fine of having no insurance in the way of hospital and doctor's bills in the tens and tens of thousands of dollars.
Oh wait- that's right.....with your incredible sense of entitlement, you think that doctors and hospitals simply HAVE to agree to whatever monthly payment plan that YOU suggest.
It's a joke, lady. Relax. Often, when I haven't seen someone in a while, that's what I say to them: "They let you out?" People with a sense of humor get it.

Nope. If I get hit with a catastrophic illness or accident, I'll stick you with the bill.

The gub'ment ain't forcing me to buy anything.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666479 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA! What?!
Yesterday I was off of Topix a little after three but didn't go to bed until after ten.
Everyday I wake up at 4:30. The first thing I do is get a cup of coffee, grab a Marlboro and go sit outside with my chickens, Earl, Patsy & Liz. I feed them a few pieces of bread, enjoy the cool morning air and sip my coffee. Then I go take a shit. That's when I first posted, around 5am, you saw it at 5:12 (or whatever).
Not the "first thing" as you implied.
But so what? There are people posting here at 3am and saying good night to each other. What's it to you?
Sigh....you have posted 37,383 times since July, 2012.

Let's do the math (again), shall we?

So July 2012 to October 2013 is 15 months.

We divide your 37,383 posts by 15 months.

That works out to 2,492 posts a month.

Now let's assume you only post during work which you have claimed and even bragged about how you can spend all day on Topix and be paid for doing whatever your mystery job is.

So.....that would work out to 20 days per month.

You with me so far, RR?

So at 2,492 posts per month and using 20 days of the month, that works out to 125 posts per day.

Let's break that down further by dividing those 125 posts per day by an 8 hour work day.

That then breaks down to about 15 posts per hour.

RR, that is a LOT.

You DO spend an inordinate amount of time on Topix. That IS a fact.

Just as factual is that that is your business and if you're okay with your days being spent on Topix rather than on a more productive and constructive pursuit, that is all that matters.

However, others DO have the right to comment on your staggering number of posts.

You have surpassed MANY who have been registered users for far longer than you have.

Most people would be alarmed to be as addicted to Topix as you are.

It is curious that you see no problem with spending 90% of your work days here on Topix.

But hey- whatever flips your skirt, RR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666480 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*shrugs*
Who cares?
Good non-response, RR- not.

Your god is no less a fabrication of the authors of the bible than Mother Goose is a fabrication of the author of nursery rhymes.

And the bible is nothing more than a book of fairy tales, stories and parables with no more credibility as fact than a book of nursery rhymes.

Sorry for your luck.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666481 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So? We also pay people a shitload of money to pretend their emotions on a silver screen.
You said "Emotions manifest themselves through behaviors".
Provide evidence for that assertion, don't ask a question.
Most of us understand that actors are ACTING when we watch a movie.

People cry for two reasons, they are sad or very happy, depending on the circumstances at hand, so crying is evidence of emotion.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666482 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*shrugs*
Who cares?
Exactly my point.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666483 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, GAWD. They let you out?
Hey, guess what? My insurance is going up Jan 1st. Over $50 a month.
RR's cancelling his insurance and will pay the Obama fine.
Ah- I supposed your clever and witty (not) question at the start of your post is to imply I was locked up somewhere.

No, RR- I just have more industrious and more productive things to do with my time and my life than to spend each and every day posting on Topix unlike you with your 15 posts per hours.

If anyone needs to be "let out", it would be you, but only you can free yourself from the prison of your addiction to Topix.

And don't forget- your god helps those who help themselves.

Get crackin'!
Pat

East Granby, CT

#666484 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I always have.
I've also always said that I can't prove God to you.
But that doesn't mean God doesn't exist. You can't prove love to me, but we both know it exists. Why? How do we know that? Because we've both experienced love. The difference is, I've experienced God so I know He's real.
I just can't prove it to you. That means nothing.
We know love exists due to the human behaviors that describe it. Your god is an empty cup.

You are like a hamster running on your wheel thinking you are going somewhere.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#666485 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a joke, lady. Relax. Often, when I haven't seen someone in a while, that's what I say to them: "They let you out?" People with a sense of humor get it.
Nope. If I get hit with a catastrophic illness or accident, I'll stick you with the bill.
The gub'ment ain't forcing me to buy anything.
But you see, you're not funny. Your sense of humor could only be related to by a six year old, RR.

No- you won't stick ME with the bill, pal- it is YOU who won't force OTHERS to pay YOUR bills.

What a sucking leech you are.

Hate to say it, but you are an example of someone who doctors and hospitals should be able to turn away.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666486 Oct 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What breed of chickens?
I want some chickens, but the city ordinances prohibit livestock. Right across the street in the county they have horses, goats, cows, and donkeys. Pisses me off. I want some Rhode Island reds running around kicking cats ass out of the yard. Or some of those fancy ones. I like eggs.
https://myspace.com/therealtomthall/music/son...
Hit the play button.
My boy, Earl, is a Dominique. We wanted to get Silkies or Bantams but they wereout of season. The dumb kid at the chicken ranch said that Earl wouldn't get too big (which is what we wanted), but that sumbich is HUGE now, so are the girls. They'll eat an entire cantaloupe in just a few minutes. I can't remember the breed of the girls, I'd have to ask Mrs RR, but those girls pop out 1-2 eggs per day (combined). We feed them lamash, worms, cantaloupe, apples, bread, noodles, ham, and even chicken. Their eggs are juicy and plump.

The Rhode Island Red is a hardy bird, it would scare the crap out of cats. If your city won't allow it, just get a hen. They're pretty quite, mostly they just quietly cluck all day.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666487 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Good non-response, RR- not.
Your god is no less a fabrication of the authors of the bible than Mother Goose is a fabrication of the author of nursery rhymes.
And the bible is nothing more than a book of fairy tales, stories and parables with no more credibility as fact than a book of nursery rhymes.
Sorry for your luck.
I'll argue God with someone all day long, I believe in God.

I don't believe that Mother Goose is anything, so I won't waste my time debating something I don't belive in......

That's something atheists can't do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666488 Oct 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....you have posted 37,383 times since July, 2012.
Let's do the math (again), shall we?
So July 2012 to October 2013 is 15 months.
We divide your 37,383 posts by 15 months.
That works out to 2,492 posts a month.
Now let's assume you only post during work which you have claimed and even bragged about how you can spend all day on Topix and be paid for doing whatever your mystery job is.
So.....that would work out to 20 days per month.
You with me so far, RR?
So at 2,492 posts per month and using 20 days of the month, that works out to 125 posts per day.
Let's break that down further by dividing those 125 posts per day by an 8 hour work day.
That then breaks down to about 15 posts per hour.
RR, that is a LOT.
You DO spend an inordinate amount of time on Topix. That IS a fact.
Just as factual is that that is your business and if you're okay with your days being spent on Topix rather than on a more productive and constructive pursuit, that is all that matters.
However, others DO have the right to comment on your staggering number of posts.
You have surpassed MANY who have been registered users for far longer than you have.
Most people would be alarmed to be as addicted to Topix as you are.
It is curious that you see no problem with spending 90% of your work days here on Topix.
But hey- whatever flips your skirt, RR.
Ever stop to consider that some people, including yourself, have posted under several screen names, some registered, some grey box?

No?

How many posts do you have? No one knows, you've had several socks and you know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Snake Eyes 25,620
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr LordofDarkness 6,445
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr Frank 301
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 8 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 8 hr juliakk 185
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 9 hr Johnny 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web