Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#665713 Oct 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As it happens, we have an excellent witness to events in Judaea and the Jewish diaspora in the first half of the first century AD: Philo of Alexandria (c25 BC-47 AD).
Philo was an old man when he led an embassy from the Jews to the court of Emperor Gaius Caligula. The year was 39-40 AD. Philo clearly, then, lived at precisely the time that "Jesus of Nazareth" supposedly entered the world to a chorus of angels, enthralled the multitudes by performing miracles, and got himself crucified.
Philo was also in the right place to give testimony of a messianic contender. A Jewish aristocrat and leader of the large Jewish community of Alexandria, we know that Philo spent time in Jerusalem (On Providence) where he had intimate connections with the royal house of Judaea. His brother, Alexander the "alabarch" (chief tax official), was one of the richest men in the east, in charge of collecting levies on imports into Roman Egypt. Alexander's great wealth financed the silver and gold sheathing which adorned the doors of the Temple (Josephus, War 5.205). Alexander also loaned a fortune to Herod Agrippa I (Antiquities 18).
One of Alexander's sons, and Philo's nephews, Marcus, was married to Berenice, daughter of Herod Agrippa, tetrarch of Galilee and Peraea, 39-40. After the exile of Herod Antipas villain of the Jesus saga he ruled as King of the Jews, 41-44 AD. Another nephew was the "apostate" Julius Alexander Tiberius, Prefect of Egypt and also Procurator of Judaea itself (46-48 AD).
Much as Josephus would, a half century later, Philo wrote extensive apologetics on the Jewish religion and commentaries on contemporary politics. About thirty manuscripts and at least 850,000 words are extant. Philo offers commentary on all the major characters of the Pentateuch and, as we might expect, mentions Moses more than a thousand times.
Yet Philo says not a word about Jesus, Christianity nor any of the events described in the New Testament. In all this work, Philo makes not a single reference to his alleged contemporary "Jesus Christ", the godman who supposedly was perambulating up and down the Levant, exorcising demons, raising the dead and causing earthquake and darkness at his death.
With Philo's close connection to the house of Herod, one might reasonably expect that the miraculous escape from a royal prison of a gang of apostles (Acts 5.18,40), or the second, angel-assisted, flight of Peter, even though chained between soldiers and guarded by four squads of troops (Acts 12.2,7) might have occasioned the odd footnote. But not a murmur. Nothing of Agrippa "vexing certain of the church" or killing "James brother of John" with the sword (Acts 12.1,2).
Strange, but only if we believe Jesus and his merry men existed and that they established the church. If we recognize that the Christian fable was still at an early stage of development when Philo was pondering the relationship of god and man, there is nothing strange here at all.
Copyright 2006 by Kenneth Humphreys.
Copying is freely permitted, provided credit is given to the author and no material herein is sold for profit.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/philo.html
Lol

An atheist website is 'truth'?

Location hidden

#665714 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that, we are evolving, but we cannot see this ..nor does any creature see this in it's lifetime. We can collect the data that shows what evolutionary changes have been over thousands of years, but do we see them personally? Not a chance, if we did we would call it a freak , but this freak we will control in the future.
And evolution will mate man and machine. That is if we survive the next 50 years, then human machine mind machine interface implants will become common. It is a cybernetic future for us, we will have to , or the machines we create will become smarter /faster/ and in complete control over us.
Well you said that humans are unlikely to evolve any more so I assumed....

How is cyborgs part of evolution? Evolution is supposed to be a natural change in things, deliberately adding machine parts to humans isn't evolution.

Location hidden

#665715 Oct 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not help yourself RR when you present such an obvious dog and pony show.
What you prove is that you are backed into a corner and do not know how to get out of it.
I over heard a little girl ask a little boy to prove he was a boy. They must have been about 7 or 8 years old. They did not know I was listening. The little boy said he didn't know how to prove it. If he had of, and the little girl had told her girlfriend that so and so had proved he was a boy to her, her girlfriend would have told her parents and her parents would have called the girls parents and told them the boy and shown his dick to their daughter. The police would have been called and the little boy would be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life by some "Christian" DA.
Why do you think there is no proof of God's existence? And no mention of Jesus except in the 4 contradictory Gospel accounts anywhere in history?
So you can't prove love and you can't prove you have hands.

Got it.

Location hidden

#665716 Oct 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you are a racist RR.
Or better yet post pictures proving you are a boy on u-tube. Or do they have an xxx-tube?
Give old "weinner" some competition.
EXCLUSIVE IMAGE: Anthony Weiner Penis Picture And Timeline
Go for it RR, it might come in handy in the future should you seek political office.
I'm a racist.

There's your proof.

Now prove you have hands.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665717 Oct 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last three or so responses to this subject confirm you are a cloned intellect. Block programming by listening to vague explanations by an establishment advancing an agenda. As such, you are not capable of analyzing your programing and the logic passed on to you. You were told you were smart for understanding the programming that you are smart, and therefore you are, thus anyone not sharing that programming is dumb. The world is very simple for you.
One more standard each issue newly minted "progressive liberal" stamped out of the education system.
A pity, they cost so much to produce, and a lost investment.
Excuse me, but no one died and made you god or THE ATHOURITY OF EVERYTHING, Dave. Come down off your high horse.

By calling someone a "cloned intellect", using a denigrating @ssholish attitude toward "progressive liberals" and acting like you're "better than them" you have only served to confirm the prejudiced state of mind you have toward others that think differently from you and reveal your own biased agenda and simple-minded focus of "Dave Nelson is right because Dave Nelson is right and everyone else is a dumb 'progressive liberal' if they don't believe what Dave Nelson believes".

Stop playing a false martyr to your "anti-liberal-progressive " AGENDA (yes, you do clearly have an AGENDA here) and acting like the pot calling the kettle black.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#665718 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you said that humans are unlikely to evolve any more so I assumed....
How is cyborgs part of evolution? Evolution is supposed to be a natural change in things, deliberately adding machine parts to humans isn't evolution.
Oh yes it will be, not natural but evolution never the less. I meant humans are unlikely to evolve in a way that you will notice , until we make the quantum leaps ourselves.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665719 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't prove love and you can't prove you have hands.
Got it.
Of course love can be proved (although not with you, RR because you have no idea what love is or how the hell to do it, anyway, so asking you to prove your love is pretty much pointless) and you can prove you have hands - and you can prove you don't. All it takes are some pictures or videos of hands working (and there ARE ways you can find out their authenticity, believe it or not, RR).

Now can you prove "god" is "real"?

Go.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665720 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a racist.
There's your proof.
Now prove you have hands.
If you are cured of your racism RR - MAYBE your "real god" MIGHT be believable if he preformed that miracle!

Prove there is a god and that god has cured your racism.

Go.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665721 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
An atheist website is 'truth'?
If there was a god there would be NO SUCH THING IN EXISTANCE as an "atheist".

PER. I. OD.

NE. VER.

EV. ER.

And as such no PTAG question - PER. I. OD.- NE. VER.- EV. ER.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665722 Oct 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove you are a racist RR.
Or better yet post pictures proving you are a boy on u-tube. Or do they have an xxx-tube?
Give old "weinner" some competition.
EXCLUSIVE IMAGE: Anthony Weiner Penis Picture And Timeline
Go for it RR, it might come in handy in the future should you seek political office.
RR's proven THAT already and has the nerve to be PROUD of it.

And he says he believes in a "real god"?

Riiiiight.

And god just loves racists!

RR's god (ahem, I mean Grand Wizard) wears a white sheet with holes for eyes and a pointy head and he carries a burning cross.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#665723 Oct 20, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not help yourself RR when you present such an obvious dog and pony show.
What you prove is that you are backed into a corner and do not know how to get out of it.
I over heard a little girl ask a little boy to prove he was a boy. They must have been about 7 or 8 years old. They did not know I was listening. The little boy said he didn't know how to prove it. If he had of, and the little girl had told her girlfriend that so and so had proved he was a boy to her, her girlfriend would have told her parents and her parents would have called the girls parents and told them the boy and shown his dick to their daughter. The police would have been called and the little boy would be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life by some "Christian" DA.
Why do you think there is no proof of God's existence? And no mention of Jesus except in the 4 contradictory Gospel accounts anywhere in history?
A little boy was playing with a sail boat in a mud puddle.
When a girl came up watching him , and said "my sail boat is better than yours". He said well "I bet yours doesn't have sail like this".
She said "yeah it does, mine are better".

So he said "well I bet yours doesn't have a mast like mine".

She replied "yeah it does its better mine has two masts".

He said "well yours doesn't have a teak wood wheel like mine"

She said.."mine has a shiny brass wheel that way better than that"

The little boy got very angry and jumped up and pulled down his pants and said...." I bet you don't have one of these " swinging his thinghy around.

The little girl ran home crying.

A little while later she returned. She approached the boy and lifted her skirt and proclaimed....

My Mamma said that with one of these,
I can get all of those I want!

i KNOW...Start the car......lol hahahahah
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665724 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Oh yes it will be, not natural but evolution never the less. I meant humans are unlikely to evolve in a way that you will notice , until we make the quantum leaps ourselves.
Honestly, I don't know if humans will make it too much further. We've got too many bad things going on at once: resource wars, belief wars, tribal wars, which will lead to the eventual collapse and self-extinction of our species, and our technological "advances" have only been for the benefit of killing more people faster.

We've "evolved" to the ability to be able to wipe ourselves out in 0.5 seconds.

Hoo. F*cking. Ray. We can kill our ENTIRE PLANET in just the blink of an eye, yaaaayyyy!

Soooooo looking forward to the whole world going SHPOOF...and reduced to a black ball of radioactive ash that NO life will EVER be able to live on EVER, EVER again.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#665725 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, but no one died and made you god or THE ATHOURITY OF EVERYTHING, Dave. Come down off your high horse.
By calling someone a "cloned intellect", using a denigrating @ssholish attitude toward "progressive liberals" and acting like you're "better than them" you have only served to confirm the prejudiced state of mind you have toward others that think differently from you and reveal your own biased agenda and simple-minded focus of "Dave Nelson is right because Dave Nelson is right and everyone else is a dumb 'progressive liberal' if they don't believe what Dave Nelson believes".
Stop playing a false martyr to your "anti-liberal-progressive " AGENDA (yes, you do clearly have an AGENDA here) and acting like the pot calling the kettle black.
Clones are funny animals. Step on one's tail and they all screech.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665727 Oct 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Clones are funny animals. Step on one's tail and they all screech.
Well let me get my foot off your tail then, Anti-Liberal Progressive Clone Dave!
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665728 Oct 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Time is proof that there is a creator.
Nothing can happen with out Time
Nothing can change with out Time
Time cannot come into being without Time.(Paradox)
When Science tries to explain Times existence they invoke
MAGIC in the words of Stephen Hawking: "All the laws of the universe break down here so this is where we have to assume TIME started"
No Laws of the universe? must have happened therefore outside of the universe.
Definition of Universe: "All that is known or Postulated.
Hence Science is using Magic and Theist are using a creator.
1) Science does not "use Magic", and Theists can't even AGREE "which" "god" is the "true creator", so that doesn't help at all.

"Time cannot come into being without Time" =
"Who created god? God created god" =
The Big Bang goes off.

Hey, maybe we all just appeared here, POOF, just like "magic" right? "BIG BANG" = BIG POOF.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#665729 Oct 20, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is not to be taken seriously, is it not ?
Please tell me it isn't, please.
why is it not to be taken seriously ?!! I bet you never knew anything about the social life of spiders, please check this article for THEODORE EVANS http://www.monte.k12.co.us/delta/ola/classes/...

why everybody is not taking this subject seriously, it was told 1400 years ago that spiders have the flimsiest of houses.

Location hidden

#665730 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Of course love can be proved (although not with you, RR because you have no idea what love is or how the hell to do it, anyway, so asking you to prove your love is pretty much pointless) and you can prove you have hands - and you can prove you don't. All it takes are some pictures or videos of hands working (and there ARE ways you can find out their authenticity, believe it or not, RR).
Now can you prove "god" is "real"?
Go.
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Of course love can be proved
Then do it. Prove love.

Go.

Location hidden

#665731 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>If you are cured of your racism RR - MAYBE your "real god" MIGHT be believable if he preformed that miracle!
Prove there is a god and that god has cured your racism.
Go.
"Cure" my racism?!

O_o

It doesn't need to be "cured".

Location hidden

#665732 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>RR's proven THAT already and has the nerve to be PROUD of it.
And he says he believes in a "real god"?
Riiiiight.
And god just loves racists!
RR's god (ahem, I mean Grand Wizard) wears a white sheet with holes for eyes and a pointy head and he carries a burning cross.
Oh, I see. You're an idiot.

You're confusing racism with supremacy.

To clear it up for you, I'm no supremacist. My racism is mostly just racist jokes and being comfortable telling them and hearing them.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#665733 Oct 20, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
why is it not to be taken seriously ?!! I bet you never knew anything about the social life of spiders, please check this article for THEODORE EVANS http://www.monte.k12.co.us/delta/ola/classes/...
why everybody is not taking this subject seriously, it was told 1400 years ago that spiders have the flimsiest of houses.
Poe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name a place that you'd consider paradise on earth 5 min Doctor REALITY 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Anthony MN 543,399
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min Chris Clearwater 173,936
Erik Menendez, America's vilian ??! 26 min Doctor REALITY 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Eagle 12 228,053
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 32 min andet1987 4,516
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 34 min Paulo94 159
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 259,795

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••