Prove there's a god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#666028 Oct 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The way Hilter And RR are both Christians.
ve zhall zoon zee who are ze fascistz oont who are zee Christians - zee timez are revealing it!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#666029 Oct 21, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Christianity did not get it's name from Jesus. That would be something along the lines of "Jesusism." Do you really know that little about your religion?
I better remind you, because I assume you forget easily - "Christ" is a title, not a name. Similarly, "Sir" is a title and not a name, and using the word "Sir" does not automatically refer to any single individual.
The name Jesus never appears in what Tacitus wrote, only the name of the idol worshiped by the cult/religion. Many people claimed to be "the Christ," I already supplied a list of names of people claiming to be such.
RR forgets faster than a politician forgets his political promises

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#666030 Oct 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, what you proved is that you are irrelevant.
ACTS 12:25 ("...returned from Jerusalem"--NIV, KJ, RS, ML, JB, AS, BBE, NAB, NAS, LV) versus "...returned to Jerusalem"--NEB, TEV).
ACTS 27:12 ("...a harbor in Crete facing southwest and northwest and winter there"--KJ, ML, LB, JB, NI, NEB, NAB, TEV, NAS) versus ("...a harbor of Crete, looking northeast and southeast and winter there"--RS, AS, BBE, NWT).
1 COR. 7:25 ("Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord"--KJ, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NEB, NAB, NWT, NAS, LV) versus ("Now concerning the unmarried, I have no command of the Lord"--RS, ML, LB, TEV). Unmarried women are certainly not to be equated with virgins.
2 TIM. 1:12 ("...he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him...."--KJ, ML, LB, JB, NI, AS, BBE, NEB, NWT, NAS) versus ("...until that Day what has been entrusted to me"--RS, NEB, TEV). To whom was it entrusted--him or me?
JAMES 5:16 ("Confess your faults one to another...."--KJ) versus ("Confess your sins to one another...."--all other versions). Many believe you confess sins to God alone. Judging from this verse, every version but the KJ provides legitimacy to the Catholic confessional. Faults are not necessarily sins. Confessing faults is one thing; confessing sins is another.
REV. 8:13 ("and I beheld and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven"--KJ) versus ("Then I looked, and heard an eagle crying with a loud voice...."--all other versions). Was an angel flying or an eagle crying?
"i love the Bible...it should be quoted often" - rev Al;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#666031 Oct 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a myth. How many times has this myth been re-invented over the last 10,000 years?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iWX53mMWapgXX
i'll believe that you think Jesus is a myth when you begin to focus equal attention on the many many other myths which have influenced our world;)

the proof that there is an evil spiritual kingdom is that it fixates on the GOOD/TRUE Kingdom!

why come blasphemers and pagans don't use the name of zeus, mohamed, buddha...etc in vain???

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#666032 Oct 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll believe that you think Jesus is a myth when you begin to focus equal attention on the many many other myths which have influenced our world;)
the proof that there is an evil spiritual kingdom is that it fixates on the GOOD/TRUE Kingdom!
why come blasphemers and pagans don't use the name of zeus, mohamed, buddha...etc in vain???
He's fixated on the one true God.

Most of the atheists here are.

I say that's a good thing.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#666033 Oct 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey everyone, look at waaasssuuup, he's a "moron for christ' and thinks his shit doesn't stink.
tsk tsk tsk Al, always on the side of wrong....

'if' there is a God who inspired the Bible, how do you think He'll look upon your efforts to discredit Him?:)

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#666034 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, nano's wrong.
You're a racist hateful bastard.
Neither.

Nor am I a wife beater and child abuser, like you.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#666035 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ya I know all that.
So what if he didn't mention Jesus by name, he did mention who he was and that he was basically the founder of Christianity and that the Romans executed him.
There was no "who" mentioned - only the title of the idol worshiped by the cult/religion known as Chrestians and a detail of the legend surrounding said idol. I am not disputing the existence of the cult and/or their mythology, which is all this passage from Tacitus provides evidence of.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Who do you think he's talking about if not Jesus?
There is no evidence he was talking about anyone in particular. It is not clear when the name "Jesus" became popularly and uniquely identified with "the Christ."

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#666036 Oct 21, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>No it shouldn't, silly.
We are not talking about bulldozers, Dave, we are talking about continental drift. The continents drift, hence the term "continental drift." There is no bulldozing going on.
What are you even talking about?
<quoted text>The only thing that is odd is how you are trying to disprove the geological record and rewrite Earth science in an attempt to give credence to ancient Greek mythology.
<quoted text>A wave that lifted Africa?
Dave, not only does the scenario you have dreamed up defy logic, all geologic and biological evidence is in stark contrast to it.
<quoted text>Rather, as I said earlier - I am just able to dissociate reality from fantasy.
You are dumber than I thought. And reinforcing what I said about you earlier.

You evidently don't know that continental drift is physical processes. In your mind it is a thing that does it.

Listen up, moron. You might learn something.

Rocks, mountains, dirt. Hard stuff. Plus they have water collected on top, and in the ground. In the ground it is a lubricant. Why you slip on mud.

That is the crust. Be advised there is something called gravity that pulls it down and exerts pressure on whatever is below it. No lie, there really is.

Beneath that crust is an area of the mantle that is kind of slippery in comparison. I posted a link to it. This is on top of harder stuff. Understand the term harder is relative,

A bulldozer has a hardened blade. They are notoriously heavy, too. I know, I ate one once. This weight exerts pressure on the ground below it. Just like that gravity pulling the crust down. Fancy that!

Now, when you move that bulldozer it will what they call shear any ground above the lower edge of the blade, what they call levelling the ground, which is dirt mostly. This is a combo of the gravity working on the bulldozer versus the gravity of the dirt. With the horizontal motion something has to give, usually the dirt. They don't work so well levelling solid granite mountains, but the dirt gives kind of easy. I can go into much greater detail as to why, but there is not enough space, nor ambition to do so.

But here is the similarity.

The crust is the bulldozer blade. Gravity is the weight. The drift is the motion. The outline gets erased. Otherwise the southern part of Africa had to climb that outline.

Go play in the dirt and learn something.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#666037 Oct 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
... she does things sexually that most women are disgusted by:)
Most women have had lesbian experiences.

You know as much about women as you do the Bible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666038 Oct 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither.
Nor am I a wife beater and child abuser, like you.
I'm neither of those. Why do you lie?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#666039 Oct 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, nano.
You call ME a hateful bastard?
Kaitlyn told him to gfyad and he forgot to so he'll likely get the "go hang yerself", "drown yerself" or "swallow razor blades", next, that the psycho is so fond of telling people. YOU have seen those suggestions even if the new guy hasn't, so stop the pretext for Kaitlyn's defense, you lame ass hypocrite.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#666040 Oct 21, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are acting like someone who knows there isn't such a thing as God and are too afraid to admit it.
Agreed!

Location hidden

#666041 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Most women have had lesbian experiences.
You know as much about women as you do the Bible.
And now you claim to know most women's history. Liar.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#666042 Oct 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And now you claim to know most women's history. Liar.
You are a clueless troll, Nano.

SOFOAD

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666043 Oct 21, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>There was no "who" mentioned - only the title of the idol worshiped by the cult/religion known as Chrestians and a detail of the legend surrounding said idol. I am not disputing the existence of the cult and/or their mythology, which is all this passage from Tacitus provides evidence of.
<quoted text>There is no evidence he was talking about anyone in particular. It is not clear when the name "Jesus" became popularly and uniquely identified with "the Christ."
So you don't have an answer for me.

OK.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#666044 Oct 21, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>And now you claim to know most women's history. Liar.
You ninja'd me...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#666045 Oct 21, 2013
Been away from here for a few days.

Has anyone presented proof yet??

Location hidden

#666046 Oct 21, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a clueless troll, Nano.
SOFOAD
It's clear that you have no problem spewing any lie, no matter how ridiculous, in your effort to support your sick agenda. Not surprising, considering you have no morals.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#666047 Oct 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Been away from here for a few days.
Has anyone presented proof yet??
Not even one little bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Joe Fortuna 101,326
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Sky Writer 31 184,324
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Pres Mr Donald J ... 670,587
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford Jr 286,265
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr Poppy _36 6
I love you sister Joyce Meyer 6 hr lightbeamrider 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr Jehova Witness 445,674
More from around the web