Prove there's a god.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#665814 Oct 20, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>So, have you ruled out the possibility that there is a small teapot orbiting the Sun between our planet and Mars? Remember, this teapot is too small to be seen by any telescopes.
Have you ruled out the possibility that underneath some area, stone, or rock in the ocean lies a magical land called Atlantis?
All that you are doing is using vague language to suggest the possibility of a being that you or someone else has simply made up. I could do the same with teapots in space or with Atlantis.
Come to think of it, maybe the Atlantians are "the cause of the universe." Have you ruled that out?
:)
Now you are being silly, but the possibility there was a continent of Atlantis, exactly where Homer said it was. And that it sunk into the sea is possible. Unfortunately it may not ever be proven, unless some part of it escaped the fate of the huge portion of oceanic crust , that is missing.

http://news.discovery.com/earth/weather-extre...

But along with this discovery , came the discovery of the largest black smoker known on Earth, and a volcanically active spot that produces more of the building blocks of life than any other place on Earth. If there were a island there once, it is easy to see how it could have sunk into the mantle, in this highly geologically active hot spot.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#665815 Oct 20, 2013
Apsu wrote:
I notice you failed to present any evidence contemporary to the time of Jesus that would show any validity to the claim that he was a real person.
I wonder why that is.....
I notice you didn't even read the damn thing.

I wonder why that is......

"Let's begin our inquiry with a passage that historian Edwin Yamauchi calls "probably the most important reference to Jesus outside the New Testament."{4} Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:

Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....{5}"

That IS evidence that Jesus existed.

There's more, all you gotta do is read.

http://www.probe.org/site/c.fdKEIMNsEoG/b.422...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665816 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You're the stupid poster here, Redneck, believing your own bullsh!t about "how you love god".
So stupid that you'll fall for your own lies.
So stupid that you'll write a bunch of sexist, racist posts and act like "you forgot what you wrote" when people call you out on your sh!t.
So stupid that you will actually PROVE RIGHT the nasty things being said about you by writing your stupid posts, PROVING what a nasty person you really are.
It's too bad you find all this false comfort in being so stupid, Redneck, but that's what's to be expected from you...Enjoy your life in Bassackwardsville, DUMBass.
Thank you, I do enjoy my life. I hope you do, too.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#665817 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Well then prove your god is real by telling him to kill her.
After all, that IS what you sick religionists are all about - KILLING.
Shut up and keep your hell to yourself, Doctor CHUMP.
And God knows that people like her, and you, and many others, are REAL IGNORANT, but He loves the human race anyway! That's why He sent His Holy, Innocent Son to this sinful, spiritually fallen world!!: To bear the shame and the agony of the Cross!! And God also knows that HELL will be FOREVER for all who choose to live their short time in this current, dying age that is quickly coming to an end!! And because of that Almighty God has chosen to be patient towards many who daily reject His Holy Son! But that still doesn't change the REALITY that TODAY is the day of salvation!! For you are not promised tomorrow!!!:

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665818 Oct 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite white.
You are white trash.
And a racist.
And apparently stupid, too.
White? You've said your Hispanic.

Are you one if them new 'white Hispanics'? lol

No matter which way you word jumble it, "white trash" is a racist term.

And you use it.

Racist.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665819 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you it is. You said that you love your family and show it everyday. And you called that proof....
Yes, that is proof because it can, well, ACTUALLY be DONE and SHOWN in REAL life so it IS real proof. I'm the one loving my family, not you, so you just have no point here at all.

You wouldn't have a clue how to love, anyway, being a racist white supremacist and all.

Now cut the deflection games and prove god.

Go.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#665820 Oct 20, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> His book not all that new. He is an expert. He is not Christian. He is agnostic who leans towards atheism. People are interested in Jesus, always have been. His judgements are accurate regarding Jesus mythers.
This is what Ehrman has to say concerning your religious mythology.

My faith -- based on the inspired words of the Bible -- came under assault. That was especially true when I realized that in many cases, we don't have the original words. We have copies that were made hundreds of years later -- in most cases, many hundreds of years later. And these copies are all different from one another.”-“Misquoting Jesus”, the Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why, by Bart D. Ehrman

“The more I studied the manuscript tradition of the New Testament, the more I realized just how radically the text had been altered over the years at the hands of scribes, who were not only conserving scripture but also changing it." - Misquoting Jesus, the Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why, by Bart D. Ehrman

"Doctrines such as the divinity of Jesus and Heaven and Hell are not based on anything Jesus or his earlier followers said. At least 19 of the 27 books in the New Testament are forgeries. Believing the Bible is infallible is not a condition for being a Christian." - Jesus, Interrupted - by Bart D. Ehrman

Will you disallow Ehrmans opinion now?

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#665821 Oct 20, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I'm the one that describes processes based upon physical laws we use all of the time. You just recite the same old mantra referencing vague ideas.
You have nothing original to say. Perhaps you lack the ability.
You mentioned Atlantis a post or two ago.
Get on Google Earth and zoom to the Venezuelan Basin. It is that large rectangular area under the ocean just south of the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico extending down toward the South American coast. Note the landscape around it. Note the depth and how sheer it is. That is where Atlantis was. Measure the area and compare to the accounts. Fits well. A bit silted over since then. Refer to the mud and hazards to navigation in and around the Mediterranean after it sank.
Then zip over to the Mid=Atlantic Ridge and locate the old outline of where Africa was. It is pretty clear. Atlantis was not far from outside the Pillars of Hercules. Note also how clear the old SE coastline shows up. It should have been erased by any drifting. The crust jumped and Africa got moved. A sudden displacement of the mantle below.
Academia is in error on its accounts of history and other things. And so are you.
Dave, you are simply outdoing yourself this time.
You are suggesting that about 12,000 years ago (according to Plato, whom you are referring to) the South American continent was sitting next to Africa. Do you have any idea how fast the continents are moving apart due to the Mid-Atlantic Ridge? It is much, much, much slower than the scenario you suggest. Based on geological evidence, the event you are referring to (Gondwana breaking apart) happened about 140-150 million years ago, not 12,000.
Humans were not around 140-150 million years ago, by the way. Flowers had only just evolved based on fossil evidence.
Wowee.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#665822 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Now cut the deflection games and prove god.
Go.
If you want proof then walk into your kitchen, grab a knife, cut your wrist and wait. Otherwise, you are just a babbling idiot.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#665823 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cure" my racism?!
O_o
It doesn't need to be "cured".
Yes, it does.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665824 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
Yes, that is proof because it can, well, ACTUALLY be DONE and SHOWN in REAL life so it IS real proof. I'm the one loving my family, not you, so you just have no point here at all.
Atheists and skeptics claim it can't be proven unless it's demonstrable and repeatable.

Can you demonstrate that you love your family?

If not, they'll tell you that you have no evidence.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665825 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I do enjoy my life. I hope you do, too.
Yeah right, liar.

You're obviously miserable as hell with all these "coloreds and wimmens" all around you.

Being a white supremacist racist is not enjoyable, no matter what lies your Grand Wizard "Pastor" told you.

Stop sniffing you phony "pastor"'s pasty dull white feet and smell the COLORS of the WORLD!

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#665826 Oct 20, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand the metaphor.
The spider is the unbeliever.
The spiders house is protectors other than Allah.
Thus the spiders house is weak and offers no protection.
"if they but knew!" refers to the spider being ignorant of just how flimsy its house is. This is of course nonsense because the spiders web is not its house.
its obvious you Misunderstood the verse and the metaphor ,the verse doesn't mean that the spider is unbeliever,spiders and other living things certainly believe in the creator according to other versus, it talks about those who take protectors other than Allah ,and if they Knew definitely refer to those who take other protectors or helpers , because it was mentioned so many times and in so many versus, you didn't understand the metaphor because you are not used to the way of Quran.
here is a better translation of the verse, Sahih international
The example of those who take allies other than Allah is like that of the spider who takes a home. And indeed, the weakest of homes is the home of the spider, if they only knew.

Since: Sep 08

Fowler, CO

#665827 Oct 20, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>I notice you failed to present any evidence contemporary to the time of Jesus that would show any validity to the claim that he was a real person.
I wonder why that is.....
<quoted text>hahaha
Once again, RR, you need to turn on your sarcasm detector.
(hint: I cannot provide any evidence for the historicity of Spiderman. Spiderman appears to be a complete fabrication with a story that is similar to that of other superheroes which are similarly fictional)
(hint: I was comparing the amount of proof for one as for the other...)
(hint: it might possibly, maybe be the case that maybe, possibly you just might have stumbled upon the reason why you cannot provide any more evidence for the historicity of Jesus as I can provide evidence for the historicity of Spiderman....)
Is that enough hints to get you back on track?
You are blowing smoke out of your ass you believe is some sort of truth or rational argument.

You can't find any newspaper articles about a Jesus from that time.

Lovely. You are a credit to your intelligence level.

A lot of official Roman records, along with Jewish, were destroyed in the Judeo-Roman wars. Especially the paper ones. They burned real good.

Now, you do have things like the lead codices that get poopoohed by some, but they would have been the newspapers or tracts of the day. Easy to mass produce. You carve a stamp and imprint lead sheets. Long before Gutenberg. Be sure much of that lead got recycled later.

But here is what you do have, and it is unmistakeable.

You have the civilization and education that arose from it from events 2000 years ago that within a couple of hundred years was a major player in the Roman civilization and led to what you have now.

Now, really, the Romans being Romans, do you really believe this Jesus was an imaginary creature? Do you believe someone like Tacitus had something to gain? Do you believe there was a conspiracy to rewrite the history of the world after these adherents to this made up religion took control of the Roman Empire?

Do you believe the persecutions of Christians is an elaborate hoax?

Do you believe Romans themselves, with political ambitions within Rome, would subscribe to this hoax? Especially if they didn't use it to rise to power, it being something they adapted along the way?

Do you believe Roswell is a government cover up?

Do you believe there is a clandestine government/extraterrestial hybrid program in Dulce, NM being deliberately kept secret by your elected leaders?
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665828 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists and skeptics claim it can't be proven unless it's demonstrable and repeatable.
Can you demonstrate that you love your family?
If not, they'll tell you that you have no evidence.
"Can you demonstrate that you love your family?"

(Rolling eyes) Um, duh, yeah, I can - by demonstrating that I love my family.

Are you slow or something?

Since: Sep 10

United States

#665829 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you use it.
Racist.
Poor retention of information.

Not a major surprise.

Want to go back and show me?

BTW, it's you're.

Your trash is showing.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665830 Oct 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>And God knows that people like her, and you, and many others, are REAL IGNORANT, but He loves the human race anyway! That's why He sent His Holy, Innocent Son to this sinful, spiritually fallen world!!: To bear the shame and the agony of the Cross!! And God also knows that HELL will be FOREVER for all who choose to live their short time in this current, dying age that is quickly coming to an end!! And because of that Almighty God has chosen to be patient towards many who daily reject His Holy Son! But that still doesn't change the REALITY that TODAY is the day of salvation!! For you are not promised tomorrow!!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rtU-NinFcGEXX
Your god is nothing but a projection of your own sick imagination. A god that makes "ignorant people but loves them anyway" is a messed-up god and is IMPOSSIBLE to be real. A god that would KILL HIS OWN SON as a sacrificial lamb...and FOR WHAT? THE WORLD HASN'T CHANGED BECAUSE THE RESURRECTION STORY IS A LIE.
KEEP YOUR HELL TO YOURSELF, DOCTOR CHUMP!
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665831 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you use it.
Racist.
Don't dish it out if you can't take it, racist white supremacist.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#665832 Oct 20, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a white supremacist racist is not enjoyable
Bullsh!t. I love hating dumbass nighas:) It's very enjoyable to point out all of their failures. They have so many.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#665833 Oct 20, 2013
Raptors Revenge wrote:
<quoted text>If you want proof then walk into your kitchen, grab a knife, cut your wrist and wait. Otherwise, you are just a babbling idiot.
My being dead won't prove a god, you dumbf*ck. Shut the f*ck up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min curtjester1 40,512
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 4,518
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Jac 100,044
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Regina 590,533
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 10 min Dougie6969 831
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 35 min razz58 2,414
Would a Somali girl marry a non-Somali man in L... (Dec '13) 47 min najahjama 45
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Jingle Clown 271,375
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 9 hr Just Wondering 612,201
More from around the web