|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
God has spoken to me.
That is proof of 'some kind'.
So if I tell you that Queen Elizabeth stopped over today for tea and crumpets and spoke to me, that would be proof of "some kind" that what I claimed was actually fact?

More than what YOU claim is proof of "some kind", for at least the existence of Queen Elizabeth can be proven.

So....if I tell you that ANY mythological being has spoken to me, you will accept that as proof of "some kind"?
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
God has spoken to me.
That is proof of 'some kind'.
Does god speak in a baritone voice, or more like Truman Capote?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This business of not being able to save is an excuse. Granted, it is easier for some to save, for some it is extremely difficult. But if you look at 10 poor people, none of them earn the same, yet all of them are surviving. Yes, some have hard luck with health problems and some setbacks, but that is part of budgeting. If you are earning $300 a month, in your mind you should be planning to live through the month with $200. Some months will be tough, but in general, there must be no excuses. The most inaffordable thing for anyone, is excuses not to save. Sure, others can and will take pity and make excuses for you, but you cannot afford to make excuses for yourself in such a matter.
And it is the Clinton administration that screwed everything up. The tax breaks and loopholes for large coorporations are because of him. He removed numerous laws which kept capitalism fair. Initially it was a great success, since the large coorporations grew and more people got employed. But ultimately he gave these coorporations too much power and freedom. And in a globalised world, there are numerous advantages they can take and they took it, to the detriment of local workers. You have to look beyond your nose, and see what the far reaching implications are. What the long term cost is going to be.
I don't know about the U.S., but our government has numerous funds to help people with nothing start a business. I've just been at a government awards function lastnight. One of the winners of the awards was a toy company. Those people had nothing but an idea to building toy connectors that would use toilet toll cores as part of the building set. They applied for funds and they got it and made a success of it. Now as onlookers, we can find excuses why they got lucky, or analyse their success and see what we can learn from it. Their government was their partner and they are sitting pretty now.
You write:
"And it is the Clinton administration that screwed everything up. The tax breaks and loopholes for large coorporations are because of him. He removed numerous laws which kept capitalism fair. Initially it was a great success, since the large coorporations grew and more people got employed. But ultimately he gave these coorporations too much power and freedom. And in a globalised world, there are numerous advantages they can take and they took it, to the detriment of local workers. You have to look beyond your nose, and see what the far reaching implications are. What the long term cost is going to be."

I believe you are thinking of Ronald Reagan and George Bush....Not Bill Clinton.

Since: Oct 13

Paradise Valley, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Jesus was black and Ronald Reagan is the devil.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"And it is the Clinton administration that screwed everything up. The tax breaks and loopholes for large coorporations are because of him. He removed numerous laws which kept capitalism fair. Initially it was a great success, since the large coorporations grew and more people got employed. But ultimately he gave these coorporations too much power and freedom. And in a globalised world, there are numerous advantages they can take and they took it, to the detriment of local workers. You have to look beyond your nose, and see what the far reaching implications are. What the long term cost is going to be."
I believe you are thinking of Ronald Reagan and George Bush....Not Bill Clinton.
Yeah- the Clinton Administration screwed everything up according to some really screwy folks....

Some highlights of the Clinton years:

During Clinton's presidency, 22.5 million new jobs were created and unemployment dropped from 7.5% when he took office to 4.0% by the end of his second term, the lowest in 30 years.

In 1993, President Clinton signed the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), which allows eligible employees to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for childbirth, adoption, foster care, to care for a child, parent, or spouse with a serious medical condition, or if the employee themselves has serious medical condition.

Started COBRA- the Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act which allowed employees to stay on employer sponsored insurance for 18 months after leaving or being dismissed from a job.

Under Clinton, the United States had a projected federal budget surplus for the first time since 1969 in the 1998 federal budget; the budgets for 1999, 2000, and 2001 also had surpluses.

Clinton left office with a 65% approval rating- the highest end-of-term approval rating of any President since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Yeah- the Clinton Administration really screwed things up.....that's why he left office with a 65% approval rating.

<major eye roll here>

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
the book itself will prove that its word's god , but I didnt say god wrote it, god sent it through an angel to a man who couldn't read or write.
Um...okay then...all you have to do is prove there is a creator and an angel...its your hole, dig as deep as you like...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
“The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider’s house;- if they but knew.”(Surah Al ‘Ankaboot 29:41)
Confirmation of the fact that the spider’s house is the flimsiest house, whether physically or spiritually. This has been proven by the late studies in zoology.
In abbreviation, Ibn Kathir mentioned:“This is an example given by Allah, the Almighty, of the idolaters who revere gods besides Allah. The idolaters hope that those gods will assist them, provide for them, and they turn to them in times of hardship. In this regard, they are like the spider’s house, in its weakness and frailty, because by clinging to these gods they are like a person who holds on to a spider’s web and does not gain any benefit from that. Had they known this, they would not have taken protectors other than Allah. This is unlike the Muslim believer, whose heart is devoted to Allah and, in addition, does well in following Allah’s decrees. The Muslim has grasped the most trustworthy handle, the one that never breaks because of its strength and stability.”
This miraculous Quranic script indicates a number of important facts, some of which are
(1) Physical weakness : The spider’s house, from the physical point of view, is the weakest house of all, because it is made out of a number of very delicate silk threads. These threads are interwoven, leaving large separating spaces at most times. Therefore, they do not protect from the heat of the sun, or the extreme cold. These threads do not form adequate shade, nor protect from the rain, storming winds, or the dangers of attackers. This is despite the miraculous building of this house.
(2) The weakness is in the spider’s house and not the threads; for the Almighty says “(the flimsiest of houses)”. This is a clear indication that the weakness and frailty are within the spider’s house and not the spider’s threads. This is a very precise indication. The threads of the spider’s house are made of very delicate silk. The thickness of one thread is usually one million of the squared inch, or one part of four thousand parts of the thickness of the ordinary human hair. Despite its delicacy, it is the strongest biological substance known to mankind so far. The silk threads which make up the spider’s web are considered stronger than steel, and their strength is surpassed only by the melted quartz. The thin thread stretches to five times its length before it is cut. Therefore, the scientists call it “biological steel” or “bio-steel”. It is more than five times stronger than the metal steel of the same thickness.
(3) Spiritual weakness : The spider’s house, spiritually speaking, is the flimsiest of all houses, because it is deprived of all love and kindness, which are the pillars of any happy home. The female, in some types of spiders, kills the male as soon as the fertilization takes place. Being larger in size and more violent, the female kills the male and eats its body. In some cases, the female eats its youngsters mercilessly. In some types, the female dies after fertilizing its eggs, which are usually fostered in a silk bag. When the eggs hatch, spiderlings come out to find themselves in a very crowded place inside the eggs bag. The siblings then start to fight for food, space or both. The brother kills its brother and sister, and the sister kills its sister and brother, until the fight ends with a few spiderlings remaining. These spiderlings shed their skin and tear the eggs bag to come out one after the other with unhappy memories. They all then spread in the surrounding environment. Each female starts to build its house. On the road to achieve this goal, some of the spiderlings die, whereas those who survive repeat the same tragedy.
These facts were unknown to any human at the time of revelation, and for long centuries thereafter.
Well that was...random.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham is a prophet who was sent by the creator to show people the right path.
And you can prove that wholly unconvincing assertion?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
[blah blah blah snipped]
"The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,--flog each of them with a hundred stripes: let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by God.... Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an unbeliever...." [24:2-4]

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of proofs would you accept ?! I asked this question to many atheists, but still didn't get a proper answer
Ask God to help you prove he exists.

"The Arabs of the dessert are the worst in unbelief and hypocrisy, and most fitted to be in ignorance of the command which God hath sent down to His Apostle...."[9:97]

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
how about a 1600 years old book from the creator with some scientific miracles and accurate measurements for things were unknown at the time of revelation and was proved recently by the modern science ?! would you accept that ?!
"And they (Jews and Christians) say:'None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian.' Those are their (vain) desires. Say:'Produce your proof if ye are truthful.' Nay,--whoever submits his whole self to God and is a doer of good,--he will get his reward with his Lord.... The Jews say:'Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say:'The Jew have naught (to stand) upon.' Yet they (profess to) study the same book.... But God will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgement." [2:111-113]

Muslims need a course in biblical theology, since Jews give no credence to the NT. By no means do they study the same book.

"Never will the Jews or Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say:'The Guidance of God,--that is the only Guidance.' Were thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldest thou find neither Protector nor Helper against God.'[2:120] "And they say: Be Jews or Christians, then ye will be rightly guided. Say: Nay, but (we follow) the religion of Abraham the upright, and he was not of the idolaters." [2:135]

Muslims are not only failing to note Abraham also holds a position of great importance in Judaism but implying that Judaism and Christianity are attached to idolatry.

"This day have I perfected your religion...and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." [5:3] "Both the Jews and the Christians say:'We are sons of God, and His beloved.' Say: "Why then doth He punish you for your sins?" [5:18]

For Muslims to allege others are being punished for their sins is not worthy of serious consideration in light of conditions in Muslim areas of the world today. They are among those most steeped in agony, ignorance, superstition, and deprivation.

"Take not the Jews and Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other."[5:51]

If this verse does not contradict 54:82, then it displays an insolent ingratitude on the part of Muslims towards Christians. Moreover, for Muslims to assert that Jews and Christians are friends and protectors of one another is to reveal an appalling ignorance of historical events. All too often they have been barely able to stomach one another's presence. To those who reject our Signs and treat them with arrogance, no opening will there be of the gates of heaven, nor will they enter the Garden, until the camel pass through the eye of the needle,"[7:40]

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
No comment..!!
Do the Christians know what you believe about them?

"Take not the Jews and Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other."[5:51]

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have answers. They are just boils begging for attention. Nice words and reason don't work on them.
Dave, Dave, Dave. Perhaps if you had some better answers they might get some consideration. Try not posting any more unverifiable assertions and see what happens. This posturing you enjoy so much is just plain boring.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
as I told the other guys who were asking for proofs, what would you accept as a proof ?!, some agreed that a 1600 years old book with scientific miracles was proved by modern science can be accepted as profs, if yes you are welcome to check some of those scientific miracles i will be writing in the next 2 days.
Koran on Jesus:

"That they said (in boast),'We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God';--But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them...for of a surety they killed him not." [4:157] Muslims do not believe Jesus died on the Cross.

"Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which he bestowed on Mary...." [4:171]
"And behold! I (God) did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee (Jesus) when thou didst show them the Clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said:'This is nothing but evident magic'." [5:110] In light of the fact that God did not protect Jesus from the Jews, this statement is false.

"But she pointed to the babe. They said:'How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?' He said:'I am indeed a servant of God: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet.... Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary:(it is) a statement of truth...." [19:29-30].
Christian miracles are matched by Koranic miracles. Imagine a baby speaking in the cradle right after birth!.

"When (Jesus) the son of Mary is quoted as an example, behold! the folk laugh out,...he is nothing but a slave on whom We bestowed favour...." (The Glorious Quran by Marmaduke Pickthall [43:57, 59]
"We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel...." [57:27]
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said,'O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." [61:6].(See Also: 2:253, 23:50, 33:7)

It would be interesting to know where one could find a statement by Jesus that he would be followed by Ahmad, whom Muslims consider to be Mohammed.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

"When (Jesus) the son of Mary is quoted as an example, behold! the folk laugh out,...he is nothing but a slave on whom We bestowed favour...." (The Glorious Quran by Marmaduke Pickthall [43:57, 59]
"We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel...." [57:27]
"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said,'O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." [61:6].(See Also: 2:253, 23:50, 33:7)

It would be interesting to know where one could find a statement by Jesus that he would be followed by Ahmad, whom Muslims consider to be Mohammed.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that was...random.
mmm.. maybe it was Random, But if you read it carefully, you will notice that this fact of spiders was told 1600 years ago, when humans didn't have any microscopes or hardly any science, specially in Mekkah and middle east, that's why so many of the Phrases in the Holy Quran was proved many centuries after the death of Mohammed and by the continual improvement of science .

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"he never existed..."
saying things like this is why i'll never respect you or take you serioulsy in a debate regarding these issues. it's why i don't attempt to answer your questions but just keep things to a faux-flirtatious level;)
You might get some respect if instead of posturing you provided some proof for the existence of Jesus instead of pretending you have answers but chose not to share them because your ass hole is too tight. If you had any answers you would post them. The fact that you do not post them proves they do not exist.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what he told you.
"Get back in your trailer, white trash."
Then he said, "Amen."
And in Trashese, I say to you, "gotsta go."
Hello, fellow racist.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know it was god? Because he said so?
And let's say it was your god.
That's still not proof because you can't prove that your god spoke to you.
"Proof" of "some kind" to you maybe- certainly not any kind of proof to anyone else.
Sorry for your luck.
Rev Anal said there's no proof of 'any' kind.

He's wrong.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure...however, before you post anything, you do realize you have to prove that "the creator" wrote the book.
You'll do that first, right?
Based on his behaviour so far he will continue to preach and we'll never see any proof of anything except that he has no proof. Muslims love to just gloss over the part about proving their holy book was written by God. Normally they just kill you should you question it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 630,901 - 630,920 of716,607
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

562 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
POPE: "personal encounter w/ Jesus is dangerous" 4 min headlinesYTube 1
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min An NFL Fan 114,633
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min RoSesz 530,037
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min BenAdam 598,756
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 49 min azka 335
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 56 min Strength and Honor 171,450
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 223,197
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 255,700
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••