Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you.
Our ability to create only brings is closer to our Creator.
Or is purely an artifact of our humanity, just like religion is another artifact.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me explain what you're doing and why it is incorrect.
You stated that you had "thousands of proofs" that a god exists.
We asked for them.
What you provided is this: The universe is complicated so there must be a god. The world is complicated so there must be a god. Biology is complicated so there must be a god.
That is not proof of god. All you are doing is saying something exists and is complicated therefore a god must have made it. That's a wish. A guess. Even, some would say, a cop out.
It is not - in any way, shape or form - proof. You have shown no causal link between A (god) and B (the universe, the world, mankind, etc.)
Let me put it another way, using extreme silliness:
The universe, the world and humans are incredibly complex. They are all marvels that man himself could never dream of replicating. All of these marvels were created by an army of invisible magic unicorns that live on the head of a pin hidden away in a magic forest.
Ridiculous, no?
And yet, there is exactly the same amount of proof for my statement of creation as there is of yours.
In other words - none.
You go guy....really good reply.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me explain what you're doing and why it is incorrect.
You stated that you had "thousands of proofs" that a god exists.
We asked for them.
What you provided is this: The universe is complicated so there must be a god. The world is complicated so there must be a god. Biology is complicated so there must be a god.
That is not proof of god. All you are doing is saying something exists and is complicated therefore a god must have made it. That's a wish. A guess. Even, some would say, a cop out.
It is not - in any way, shape or form - proof. You have shown no causal link between A (god) and B (the universe, the world, mankind, etc.)
Let me put it another way, using extreme silliness:
The universe, the world and humans are incredibly complex. They are all marvels that man himself could never dream of replicating. All of these marvels were created by an army of invisible magic unicorns that live on the head of a pin hidden away in a magic forest.
Ridiculous, no?
And yet, there is exactly the same amount of proof for my statement of creation as there is of yours.
In other words - none.
alright, what would you accept as a proof ?!

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been told that I suffer from Cognitive dissonance. I take that as a compliment. It means to me that I am evaluating.
If God (has always been)
and the Universe has always been (although in different form) energy cannot be created and/or destroyed etc etc etc....
Sorry about your handicap Al.:-)

“There's a feeling I get...”

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Everybody!

Your Saviour has returned!

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
in response to Just think as well , I couldnt find you either since this forum has over 630 000 comments
Peace
Just go to the last page and work forward from there if necessary.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>...
Your behavior most closely resembles that of religious fundamentalists.
A cult by any other name smells just as sour.

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
in response to the word of me
sorry I lost your previous comment ,lets carry on our conversation,
point number one shows how accurate the creator is, because a little false move will destroy everything, what if the sun was a little closer to our earth ?!! we would burn, these things in the universe shows accuracy,intelligence and an almighty God, and you still cant make the sun rises from the west and set in the east, Regardless of the rotation nor up and down, we are not playing a game of words, lets just realize the big picture.
2)don't you realize the complication of a woman having birth, what do you know about science ?!! everything seems to be so easy to you, the Universe came out of nothing, I came by my parents having sex ..!! please if you don't wonna have a decent conversation tell me, if you want to say anything please try to mention science, raising a baby inside someones womb,even that Womb is full of complicated Details, I am not a man of science and I don't know much, I may know way less than most of you guys, I am not here to show off, we are just having an innocent conversation, I appreciate the significant creation of everything around me, check your hands typing, check your eyes, nothing can ever compete with the Gift of sight you wouldn't trade your eyes for a million Dollar maybe more, no computer nor nothing can compete with the human Brain which has so many details if we got into it,it would take us weeks to cover it and maybe more.
3) yes the earth exists and everything exist, I cant believe you don't see it as a prof of a creator existence, if all the human race worked together they wont be able to create a single fly, you may now say humans invented planes which are even faster..!!, the fly has a soul it lives for a period of time, it may absorb food, it may reproduce, or Bees or Aunts they all have a system and live in an incredible way, who taught those insects all these things, who taught you to breastfeed ?! who taught the aunt to seek for food and protect their queen ?!! to me everything is an indication to the greatness of God the The Originator, God the The All-Compassionate , god The All-Merciful , god who created everything thing for a reason , you will now start talking about the big bang or the Darwin theory, i think you asked yourself so many questions but never got an accurate answer,tell me about your life, some wise man once said every christian atheist is still a christian in the back of his head, and every atheist is an atheist until he gets sick or face a problem that he might never be able to solve by himself, let me ask you a question .. have you ever seen your brain ?! not other brains on Tv or over the internet
? you haven't seen your brain but you can realize that you are not insane and those who are beside you know that you are not insane, maybe because of your actions, your words, your movements and any other actions may prove you are completely Sane, so we have indications or profs about your sanity, god The Hearer of All , The Seer of All , Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.
why every time you think of god you look up ?!! why dont you look down ? why do you know the difference between right and wrong ?why do you feel guilty when you hurt someone ?!! who put all these feelings in you ?!
I'm sorry Mr. Salawi, but I cannot bring myself to answer what are patently NOT ANY kind of proofs whatsoever.

I think every one on this forum recognizes this

You need to read far and wide to understand what you think you are talking about. Whoever is teaching you this tripe is seriously messing with your mind and lying.

Your education on religion so far seems to be severely limited.

Again, I mean this in the kindest way.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one. It is funny to me how Al is grasping for straws to find something to embarrass me with.
You embarrass yourself on here everyday, you're just too dense to see it.

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
where have you been man ?
Sorry guy I get times when I cannot be here.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i've learned to trust my suspicions, but i'm always willing to learn more;)
What suspicions?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Just go to the last page and work forward from there if necessary.

I already replied to your last comment you can find it up here , but allow me to ask you what prof of the existence of god would you accept ?! the same question I asked "just think " because I am pretty sure you will say i didn't prove anything in my last reply.
please check it and send me back the kind of proof you are willing to accept.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
in response to the word of me
sorry I lost your previous comment ,lets carry on our conversation,
point number one shows how accurate the creator is, because a little false move will destroy everything, what if the sun was a little closer to our earth ?!! we would burn, these things in the universe shows accuracy,intelligence and an almighty God, and you still cant make the sun rises from the west and set in the east, Regardless of the rotation nor up and down, we are not playing a game of words, lets just realize the big picture.
2)don't you realize the complication of a woman having birth, what do you know about science ?!! everything seems to be so easy to you, the Universe came out of nothing, I came by my parents having sex ..!! please if you don't wonna have a decent conversation tell me, if you want to say anything please try to mention science, raising a baby inside someones womb,even that Womb is full of complicated Details, I am not a man of science and I don't know much, I may know way less than most of you guys, I am not here to show off, we are just having an innocent conversation, I appreciate the significant creation of everything around me, check your hands typing, check your eyes, nothing can ever compete with the Gift of sight you wouldn't trade your eyes for a million Dollar maybe more, no computer nor nothing can compete with the human Brain which has so many details if we got into it,it would take us weeks to cover it and maybe more.
3) yes the earth exists and everything exist, I cant believe you don't see it as a prof of a creator existence, if all the human race worked together they wont be able to create a single fly, you may now say humans invented planes which are even faster..!!, the fly has a soul it lives for a period of time, it may absorb food, it may reproduce, or Bees or Aunts they all have a system and live in an incredible way, who taught those insects all these things, who taught you to breastfeed ?! who taught the aunt to seek for food and protect their queen ?!! to me everything is an indication to the greatness of God the The Originator, God the The All-Compassionate , god The All-Merciful , god who created everything thing for a reason , you will now start talking about the big bang or the Darwin theory, i think you asked yourself so many questions but never got an accurate answer,tell me about your life, some wise man once said every christian atheist is still a christian in the back of his head, and every atheist is an atheist until he gets sick or face a problem that he might never be able to solve by himself, let me ask you a question .. have you ever seen your brain ?! not other brains on Tv or over the internet
? you haven't seen your brain but you can realize that you are not insane and those who are beside you know that you are not insane, maybe because of your actions, your words, your movements and any other actions may prove you are completely Sane, so we have indications or profs about your sanity, god The Hearer of All , The Seer of All , Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.
why every time you think of god you look up ?!! why dont you look down ? why do you know the difference between right and wrong ?why do you feel guilty when you hurt someone ?!! who put all these feelings in you ?!
Wow. That was bad.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
haha.ha trust me you don't know anything about the prophets sufferings, most of the prophets were accused to be insane or magicians at the time they were chosen to deliver the message of God, some of them were killed, some were beheaded , you cant imagine how those certain chosen people suffered among their people, others used to mock them, you have no idea how much they suffered in order to deliver you the message and to show you the right path, and here you are again mocking at them and accuse them of being insane or magicians, the history is repeating itself
Lol.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A few posts here and there is devoting one's life??
<quoted text>
Then based on your 1,000 posts to me and about me, I'd say you've devoted your life to me.
Now kneel.
You might want to consider muzzling him first.

ineout.thestranger.com/files/2007/12/muzzle.j...

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Mr. Salawi, but I cannot bring myself to answer what are patently NOT ANY kind of proofs whatsoever.
I think every one on this forum recognizes this
You need to read far and wide to understand what you think you are talking about. Whoever is teaching you this tripe is seriously messing with your mind and lying.
Your education on religion so far seems to be severely limited.
Again, I mean this in the kindest way.
Sorry I meant Selawi....typo on my part.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
haha.ha trust me you don't know anything about the prophets sufferings, most of the prophets were accused to be insane or magicians at the time they were chosen to deliver the message of God, some of them were killed, some were beheaded , you cant imagine how those certain chosen people suffered among their people, others used to mock them, you have no idea how much they suffered in order to deliver you the message and to show you the right path, and here you are again mocking at them and accuse them of being insane or magicians, the history is repeating itself
Because delusional people believe their delusions are real does not actually make their delusions real.
You are just gullible.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You missed the point.
I'm not surprised.
Your points are so convoluted that one has a hard time keeping up sometimes.

If you are talking about the historicity of Philo versus that of Jesus, there is a difference between the two.

The primary evidence we have of the historicity of Philo are written works. I am not talking about people writing and saying "person X said this" and "person X said that," mind you. The works are attributed to Philo's own hand and have a uniform quality of grammar and style.

That being said, some works attributed to Philo are indeed questioned as to their legitimacy of authorship. Can the authenticity of every work attributed to Philo be questioned? Sure they can - every single one.

Many of the works attributed to Philo, though, only survive in fragments. So, if one were to make the suggestion that every work we have that is attributed to Philo is of fraudulent authorship - a legitimate suggestion, by all means - it brings up a question. That is, why would some only survive as fragments, with entire sections just missing? If they are works written after the supposed life of Philo by people attributing the work to Philo, why wouldn't those people have written entire works to attribute to Philo? It doesn't really make sense that someone would write fragments and pass those fragments off as a part of a larger work - why not just write the larger work?
Now, does this mean that every fragment of a work attributed to Philo is then justified as being by Philo? Of course not. It does, though, raise the probability that at least a portion of these works were in fact written by a philosopher by the name of Philo and in turn increases the probability that Philo was indeed a real person. It is still possible that Philo never really existed, of course, but the probability gravitates toward the likelihood that Philo was a real person.
Other than the writings attributed to Philo, we have no other contemporaneous evidence.

That is a substantially greater amount of evidence than we have for Jesus. In comparison, on top of having no contemporaneous evidence of Jesus we have absolutely no works attributed to Jesus. Although the stories make Jesus out to be a fairly influential person in his time, we have nobody who wrote about him during his supposed life. Although Jesus is made out to be a prisoner of the Romans and then executed, we have no mention of him from Roman records (who kept pretty meticulous records). Although the stories make Jesus out to be a shocking character in the eyes of the Jewish people, we have no mention of him in Jewish records remotely contemporary to his supposed life.
Nothing.
The only attestation that exists of Jesus is a story that has all of the features of the most popular of story types - a hero tale - and a character (Jesus) that shares a remarkable number of similarities with other popular mythical gods/heroes (some of which were worshiped as savior figures as well). This story does not appear until about 70 years after the supposed death of Jesus.
(note, too, that "Christ" and "Jesus" are not synonyms of one another - "Christ" is a title, not a name)

So, whereas we at least have some material evidence contemporary to the supposed years of Philo's life that Philo was a real person, albeit evidence that can be questioned - we have none for Jesus.

Christians, on the other hand, usually have "faith" that Jesus was a real person and so do not worry about needing evidence. Some people believe in elves out of the same sort of "faith," and likewise do not worry about needing evidence that elves are real.

Odd how belief in elves and belief in Jesus are so similar to one another, eh?

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I already replied to your last comment you can find it up here , but allow me to ask you what prof of the existence of god would you accept ?! the same question I asked "just think " because I am pretty sure you will say i didn't prove anything in my last reply.
please check it and send me back the kind of proof you are willing to accept.
Sir, I have been looking for proofs for 50+ years and found nothing at all.

I do know for a fact that the Bible and Koran are not proof of any kind.

Don't know about the Koran, but much of the Bible can be disproven. Especially the first 5 books of the Old Testament. I believe the Bible to be a pious fraud.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
He was the one who originally attacked me and my character, from out of the blue. He has severe hate issues.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Is nano really a dude?
The evidence points that way.

"She" claims that women do not use the kind of language I frequently use, like when I describe fundie christians. "She" has obviously never heard the kind of language that goes on inside of a women's locker room, nor seen any scrawlings inside of a women's public restroom--and that's because *men* are not allowed inside of them.

Simple deduction.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

370 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Just Think 115,607
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min ChristineM 224,613
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 12 min Vendzilla 148
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 25 min GOLTI 4,911
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 28 min DescreteEuroWhitey 433
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 41 min Johnny 1,616
Of course Obama is sending illegal aliens here. 1 hr Commander Bunny 26
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Commander Bunny 256,963
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr guest 533,566
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 8 hr nightgown 123
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••