Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#665499 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No. I simply asked you to prove that Philo existed.
You didn't.
Likely, you can't.
But you believe the words ascribed to him are his.
Without any proof.
Imagine that.
<quoted text>
You understood the analogy, good job.
So why is opinion more acceptable than the other?
That's exactly what you are doing with God and Jesus. Accepting as true something that cannot be proven in any way, and never will be.
2000+- years and still NO proofs.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#665501 Oct 19, 2013
*what we understand now*

Location hidden

#665503 Oct 19, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
“The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider’s house;- if they but knew.”
Confirmation of the fact that the spider’s house is the flimsiest house, whether physically or spiritually. This has been proven by the late studies in zoology.
In abbreviation, Ibn Kathir mentioned:“This is an example given by Allah, the Almighty, of the idolaters who revere gods besides Allah. The idolaters hope that those gods will assist them, provide for them, and they turn to them in times of hardship. In this regard, they are like the spider’s house, in its weakness and frailty, because by clinging to these gods they are like a person who holds on to a spider’s web and does not gain any benefit from that. Had they known this, they would not have taken protectors other than Allah. This is unlike the Muslim believer, whose heart is devoted to Allah and, in addition, does well in following Allah’s decrees. The Muslim has grasped the most trustworthy handle, the one that never breaks because of its strength and stability.”
This miraculous Quranic script indicates a number of important facts, some of which are
(1) Physical weakness : The spider’s house, from the physical point of view, is the weakest house of all, because it is made out of a number of very delicate silk threads. These threads are interwoven, leaving large separating spaces at most times. Therefore, they do not protect from the heat of the sun, or the extreme cold. These threads do not form adequate shade, nor protect from the rain, storming winds, or the dangers of attackers. This is despite the miraculous building of this house.
(2) The weakness is in the spider’s house and not the threads; for the Almighty says “(the flimsiest of houses)”. This is a clear indication that the weakness and frailty are within the spider’s house and not the spider’s threads. This is a very precise indication. The threads of the spider’s house are made of very delicate silk. The thickness of one thread is usually one million of the squared inch, or one part of four thousand parts of the thickness of the ordinary human hair. Despite its delicacy, it is the strongest biological substance known to mankind so far. The silk threads which make up the spider’s web are considered stronger than steel, and their strength is surpassed only by the melted quartz. The thin thread stretches to five times its length before it is cut. Therefore, the scientists call it “biological steel” or “bio-steel”. It is more than five times stronger than the metal steel of the same thickness.
(3) Spiritual weakness : The spider’s house, spiritually speaking, is the flimsiest of all houses, because it is deprived of all love and kindness, which are the pillars of any happy home. The female, in some types of spiders, kills the male as soon as the fertilization takes place. Being larger in size and more violent, the female kills the male and eats its body. In some cases, the female eats its youngsters mercilessly. In some types, the female dies after fertilizing its eggs, which are usually fostered in a silk bag. When the eggs hatch, spiderlings come out to find themselves in a very crowded place inside the eggs bag. The siblings then start to fight for food, space or both. The brother kills its brother and sister, and the sister kills its sister and brother, until the fight ends with a few spiderlings remaining. These spiderlings shed their skin and tear the eggs bag to come out one after the other with unhappy memories. They all then spread in the surrounding environment. Each female starts to build its house. On the road to achieve this goal, some of the spiderlings die, whereas those who survive repeat the same tragedy.
These facts were unknown to any human at the time of revelation, and for long centuries thereafter.
One of the best arguments against religion I've ever read.

Location hidden

#665504 Oct 19, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
how about a 1600 years old book from the creator with some scientific miracles and accurate measurements for things were unknown at the time of revelation and was proved recently by the modern science ?! would you accept that ?!
Oh, you mean like the spider thing!?!?! Do you have more? Please?

Location hidden

#665505 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have answers. They are just boils begging for attention. Nice words and reason don't work on them.
Did you like the spider story? I bet you did.

Location hidden

#665506 Oct 19, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
as I told the other guys who were asking for proofs, what would you accept as a proof ?!, some agreed that a 1600 years old book with scientific miracles was proved by modern science can be accepted as profs, if yes you are welcome to check some of those scientific miracles i will be writing in the next 2 days.
Yeah, no one agreed with that. If your book was truly divinely inspired, then why are your "scientific miracles" so vague? Couldn't god just have said to mohammed "hey dude, write down e=mc^2 in there. It'll blow some minds in a few centuries."

Location hidden

#665507 Oct 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not me, dude! my boundaries have been clearly defined of old and they're working great, just as promised!
thanks for your concern tho, and how are things working for you negotiating boundaries based on the morality de jour?
Keep telling yourself that bro. Just don't get angry at the "gaytheists" because you feel confused when you look at pictures of naked men.

Location hidden

#665508 Oct 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
since these things have and are being done by others in the Name of Jesus, i'm sure i could do them as well if/when the opportunities present themselves and the proper faith is expressed. cool, huh?
Man, religion has broken your mind. You think you might be able to walk on water or raise the dead.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#665509 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Latrodectus
"The female deposits her eggs in a globular silken container in which they remain camouflaged and guarded."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latrodectus_mact...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#665510 Oct 19, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Spiders always fill me with this urge to reach for my shotgun. Strangely enough, I also have this urge to go watch "Eight-Legged Freaks."
You know what, me too. The only spiders that scare me are black widows. We have a lot of them here and they just creep me out.

But reach for your shotgun? Against a spider? Lol

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665511 Oct 19, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Or at least get the wife and kids to do it.
Nah.

The man cleans the porch.

The woman cleans the kitchen.

That is the way of things.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665512 Oct 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:

That's exactly what you are doing with God and Jesus. Accepting as true something that cannot be proven in any way, and never will be.
2000+- years and still NO proofs.
Just as you cannot prove the love you have for your mom, I can't prove God to you.

I have not accepted that God is real based on nothing, why would you assume that?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665513 Oct 19, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
"The female deposits her eggs in a globular silken container in which they remain camouflaged and guarded."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latrodectus_mact...
Not the male...

Location hidden

#665514 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I simply asked you to prove that Philo existed.
You didn't.
Likely, you can't.
But you believe the words ascribed to him are his.
Without any proof.
Imagine that.
Nothing funnier than a christian requiring solid proof for a historical figure.

There are vast differences between the claims made about jesus and the claims made about philo, so it doesn't make sense to say that you "believe" in jesus in much the same way that people "believe" in philo.

First of all, philo is not claimed to be a god; second, the potential motivation to fabricate a person named philo is infinitesimal compared to the potential motivation to fabricate a christ; third, partial writings ascribed to philo actually exist, whereas any words ascribed to jesus are second hand accounts written decades after his passing.

If someone was going to fabricate a historian from biblical times solely to conspicuously leave out any references to jesus, why only write partial manuscripts? This is ignoring the fact that the motivation for someone to do this is simply not that great - why would someone concoct such a story in the first place, and if they did, why only go "half way?"

Location hidden

#665515 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed....
Artifact
noun
something observed in a scientific investigation or experiment that is not naturally present but occurs as a result of the preparative or investigative procedure.
Are you trying to say that he didn't use the word "artifact" correctly in that sentence?

Location hidden

#665516 Oct 19, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree with you, but still it could have been said in a million way without mentioning skin, there are so many organs under the skin that would have to be burnt before the body turn into complete ash , its not necessary to mention nerves directly because it is within the general context , remember that we are dealing with A 1600 years old book.
and you skipped the other verse Referring to the dwellers of the Fire, Almighty Allah also says:[… and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their intestines?](Muhammad: 15)
B) The Qur'an threatens the disbelievers in the second verse that their intestines will be severed. The secret behind this threat has been solved only recently when scientists discovered that the intestines are not affected by heat. However, if they are severed, the boiling water will flow out to the place between the peritoneum and the outer layer of the intestines. This place contains a lot of nerve endings that transmit the feeling of pain to the brain and thus man will experience severe pain.
I think the Arabs had fought enough wars to know just how painful having ones intestines sliced open would be.

47:15 (Are those who enjoy all this) like those who are immortal in the Fire and are given boiling water to drink so that it teareth their bowels?

Location hidden

#665517 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the male...
The male isn't a species.

Location hidden

#665518 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
timn17 wrote:
Why are you getting so upset?
<quoted text>
I thought you were getting upset because to timn, the illegals marching and the vets being denied is A-OK.
That pissed me off, too.
That's actually not what I said, so either you can't read or you completely ignored my posts on the matter. I actually said that the protests were irrelevant to the larger picture, and that I disagreed with the immigration protest being allowed to continue because it indicated favoritism, whether intentional or not.

I also said that I thought it was pointless to the point of being condescending to say "vets should be allowed to use their memorial," but that during the shutdown it was necessary to not make allotments to certain high profile, publicly popular groups, because doing so would allow the GOP to force the shutdown as long as they wanted without much loss of political capital. If the GOP were allowed to fund whichever pet causes they chose, then the shutdown might have continued a lot longer than it did, with the less visible causes being denied funding simply because they offer no readily available punditry soapbox.

And finally, I thought it was funny that palin said "we will not allow these heartless politicians to use our servicemen as political pawns," literally while she was using them as political pawns. Hilarious actually. To not see that palin was capitalizing on a politically opportune moment is lunacy. Additionally, she was being extremely condescending, assuming that every servicemen in attendance would fail to see how transparently she was using them and their unfortunate situation as a soapbox.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#665519 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.
The man cleans the porch.
The woman cleans the kitchen.
That is the way of things.
The White Trash Bible requires just that.

Violators will face the trailer of fire.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665520 Oct 19, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing funnier than a christian requiring solid proof for a historical figure.
There are vast differences between the claims made about jesus and the claims made about philo, so it doesn't make sense to say that you "believe" in jesus in much the same way that people "believe" in philo.
First of all, philo is not claimed to be a god; second, the potential motivation to fabricate a person named philo is infinitesimal compared to the potential motivation to fabricate a christ; third, partial writings ascribed to philo actually exist, whereas any words ascribed to jesus are second hand accounts written decades after his passing.
If someone was going to fabricate a historian from biblical times solely to conspicuously leave out any references to jesus, why only write partial manuscripts? This is ignoring the fact that the motivation for someone to do this is simply not that great - why would someone concoct such a story in the first place, and if they did, why only go "half way?"
You're only whining for two reasons.

1. Jesus is more popular than Philo.
B. You don't believe in Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Skin Head Water Park 24,995
Anyone know any good deals from NoKeys? 49 min NOKEYS 2
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 2 hr Laredo 4
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 3 hr juliakk 1,831
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Michael 685,540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 hr RiccardoFire 46,286
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 6 hr DENG 39,257
More from around the web