Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

United States

#665482 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism amuses you.
Haha indeed.
Racism by no means amuses me, you admitted white trash racist.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#665483 Oct 19, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Good question; a better one is, why is *your* opinion more acceptable than the other?
This is the problem with both christianity and islam; since they share a belief in the god of Abraham, they both demand respect while refusing to show any respect for any other beliefs.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never implied that one is better than the other.
All christians claim that their god is the one and only god; that their religion is the one and only truth. It's a part of being christian.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I was mocking 'thewordofme' for his use of Philo's supposed writings. The writings of a man he can't prove existed but still believes.
I thought you caught on to that...
Yes, I did. I'm not familiar with "Philo," unless he is the supposed father of philosophy" (which is why it would be named after him, I s'pose). However, there certainly aren't any official ancient Roman records of some upstart named jesus, who was executed via crucifixion, and then rose from the dead three days later to continue with his antics; and we all know how much the Romans liked to keep records of everything. They're like democrats. All writings about jesus now are all based on a character that exists in no earlier texts but the four, self-contradictory gospels.

I also provided a great big list of other myths that are strikingly similar to the jesus myth, only they're centuries older. Why accept a 2,000 year old belief in Jesus the son of God and a mortal woman, and his 12 disciples, while rejecting a 2,800--3,000 year old belief in Hercules the son of Zeus--the *king* of all the gods!--and a mortal woman, and his 12 labors?

Why is Jesus "real," but Hercules is only a myth--a myth which inarguably and undeniably came first?

Neither of us can prove *you* exist, either; for all I know, you're just software--a bunch of 0s and 1s streaming from an automated system. Maybe I am, too. How far are we to take this whole "proof" thing?

As for the Craft, I can't prove anything in it, either. But, I'm not looking for validation and I don't feel any need or obligation to find converts--or "spread the message," as it were.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#665484 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Lol, interesting analogy.
(As I crunch on some Lay's)
Getting Lay'd again; good god, where do you get the energy??

Since: Sep 08

Alamosa, CO

#665485 Oct 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Once bitten twice shy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Bz61YQWZuYUXX
@V^^^[email protected]
We had these golden orb spiders in Miami that built these big webs between the bushes. Pretty spiders, especially with sunrise or sunset shining on them. Pretty decent size. Had a friend that was an old geezer that lived with them in his yard for decades. He was a pretty tough old boy. Then one day one of them bit him while he was doing yard work. Surprised him. He said it hurt.

Those little horned garden spiders we had were pretty cute and never bit. I liked them. Daddy longlegs were cute, too. All others died.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#665486 Oct 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can take cyanide in USP grade.
But just once. It will definitely have a lasting affect on your physical and mental self.
Cyanide and LSD are pretty much the same thing.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#665487 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree they are similar, but that's not what you first claimed. You said they are the origins of Jesus.
Yup! Origins of, or that jesus is based on; it's a matter of vernacular. At least, it is to me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> That I don't agree to and won't simply take your word for it.
The evidence is right there.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#665488 Oct 19, 2013
wildflowerslbi wrote:
The miracle of birth
That means woman is goddess.

I agree.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#665489 Oct 19, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Please name a species of spider that does not lay its eggs in a nest.
Latrodectus

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#665491 Oct 19, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
The verse never mentions nerves, ever!
You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. If the body is consumed by fire then there would be nothing left to feel pain so it make perfect sense for the skin to be replaced after it's been burnt off. Which bit of that wouldn't Arabs understand?
The bodies of those in hell would have to be repeatedly repaired for the tortures to continue, like this one.
22:19 ...But as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads,
22:20 Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted;
Why is that so hard to understand.
(Do you really believe this stuff?)
I do agree with you, but still it could have been said in a million way without mentioning skin, there are so many organs under the skin that would have to be burnt before the body turn into complete ash , its not necessary to mention nerves directly because it is within the general context , remember that we are dealing with A 1600 years old book.

and you skipped the other verse Referring to the dwellers of the Fire, Almighty Allah also says:[… and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their intestines?](Muhammad: 15)

B) The Qur'an threatens the disbelievers in the second verse that their intestines will be severed. The secret behind this threat has been solved only recently when scientists discovered that the intestines are not affected by heat. However, if they are severed, the boiling water will flow out to the place between the peritoneum and the outer layer of the intestines. This place contains a lot of nerve endings that transmit the feeling of pain to the brain and thus man will experience severe pain.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#665492 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That guy didn't seem scared, just videoing ...
Did you notice how dirty his porch was? That fat f_ck needs to turn off the computer and sweep his damn porch.
Or at least get the wife and kids to do it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665493 Oct 19, 2013

All christians claim that their god is the one and only god; that their religion is the one and only truth. It's a part of being christian.
That's true. I believe there is only one true god, God. That's it.
Yes, I did. I'm not familiar with "Philo," unless he is the supposed father of philosophy" (which is why it would be named after him, I s'pose). However, there certainly aren't any official ancient Roman records of some upstart named jesus, who was executed via crucifixion, and then rose from the dead three days later to continue with his antics; and we all know how much the Romans liked to keep records of everything. They're like democrats. All writings about jesus now are all based on a character that exists in no earlier texts but the four, self-contradictory gospels.
That isn't true. The Romans have records of Jesus, written by non-Christian Romans.
I also provided a great big list of other myths that are strikingly similar to the jesus myth, only they're centuries older. Why accept a 2,000 year old belief in Jesus the son of God and a mortal woman, and his 12 disciples, while rejecting a 2,800--3,000 year old belief in Hercules the son of Zeus--the *king* of all the gods!--and a mortal woman, and his 12 labors?
Why is Jesus "real," but Hercules is only a myth--a myth which inarguably and undeniably came first?
Because it's what I believe. Why don't you worship Hercules?
Neither of us can prove *you* exist, either; for all I know, you're just software--a bunch of 0s and 1s streaming from an automated system. Maybe I am, too. How far are we to take this whole "proof" thing?
As for the Craft, I can't prove anything in it, either. But, I'm not looking for validation and I don't feel any need or obligation to find converts--or "spread the message," as it were.
This is likely the most sane thing you've ever written.

I'm not looking for anyone's validation or approval, either. But I do feel an obligation to spread to Word, not to convert others, as you've implied.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665494 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Getting Lay'd again; good god, where do you get the energy??
Red Bull.

And vodka ;)

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#665495 Oct 19, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Please name a species of spider that does not lay its eggs in a nest.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Latrodectus
Spiders always fill me with this urge to reach for my shotgun. Strangely enough, I also have this urge to go watch "Eight-Legged Freaks."

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665496 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup! Origins of, or that jesus is based on; it's a matter of vernacular. At least, it is to me.
<quoted text>
The evidence is right there.
The only evidence is that they're similar.

But apples and oranges are similar, too.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665497 Oct 19, 2013

That means woman is goddess.
I agree.
Oh, geez....

Princess, goddess,'my queen'......

Y'all ladies are a trip. As long as you're elevated 'above' everyone else you feel acceptable, huh?

Location hidden

#665498 Oct 19, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What I was suggesting to you is that the ones that people find nonsensical or gibberish are actually quite sensible to those who understand them.
I am looking at some Bob Dylan songs from the late 1960's that might be able to be classified as koans. They are just nice music to many people but a message to others in the know.
Anyway the point that got glossed over is that each of us can evolve our psychology to a point where the fully functioning higher parts of the brain can penetrate down and influence our ordinary consciousness.
Indeed. Some certainly are nonsensical at first glance but carry a deeper meaning for those who care to look for it.
Bob Dylan though? Pretty sure he was just rambling, lol. But it's all about what you take from it, it doesn't matter if it was intentional or not.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#665499 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No. I simply asked you to prove that Philo existed.
You didn't.
Likely, you can't.
But you believe the words ascribed to him are his.
Without any proof.
Imagine that.
<quoted text>
You understood the analogy, good job.
So why is opinion more acceptable than the other?
That's exactly what you are doing with God and Jesus. Accepting as true something that cannot be proven in any way, and never will be.
2000+- years and still NO proofs.

Location hidden

#665501 Oct 19, 2013
*what we understand now*

Location hidden

#665503 Oct 19, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
“The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider’s house;- if they but knew.”
Confirmation of the fact that the spider’s house is the flimsiest house, whether physically or spiritually. This has been proven by the late studies in zoology.
In abbreviation, Ibn Kathir mentioned:“This is an example given by Allah, the Almighty, of the idolaters who revere gods besides Allah. The idolaters hope that those gods will assist them, provide for them, and they turn to them in times of hardship. In this regard, they are like the spider’s house, in its weakness and frailty, because by clinging to these gods they are like a person who holds on to a spider’s web and does not gain any benefit from that. Had they known this, they would not have taken protectors other than Allah. This is unlike the Muslim believer, whose heart is devoted to Allah and, in addition, does well in following Allah’s decrees. The Muslim has grasped the most trustworthy handle, the one that never breaks because of its strength and stability.”
This miraculous Quranic script indicates a number of important facts, some of which are
(1) Physical weakness : The spider’s house, from the physical point of view, is the weakest house of all, because it is made out of a number of very delicate silk threads. These threads are interwoven, leaving large separating spaces at most times. Therefore, they do not protect from the heat of the sun, or the extreme cold. These threads do not form adequate shade, nor protect from the rain, storming winds, or the dangers of attackers. This is despite the miraculous building of this house.
(2) The weakness is in the spider’s house and not the threads; for the Almighty says “(the flimsiest of houses)”. This is a clear indication that the weakness and frailty are within the spider’s house and not the spider’s threads. This is a very precise indication. The threads of the spider’s house are made of very delicate silk. The thickness of one thread is usually one million of the squared inch, or one part of four thousand parts of the thickness of the ordinary human hair. Despite its delicacy, it is the strongest biological substance known to mankind so far. The silk threads which make up the spider’s web are considered stronger than steel, and their strength is surpassed only by the melted quartz. The thin thread stretches to five times its length before it is cut. Therefore, the scientists call it “biological steel” or “bio-steel”. It is more than five times stronger than the metal steel of the same thickness.
(3) Spiritual weakness : The spider’s house, spiritually speaking, is the flimsiest of all houses, because it is deprived of all love and kindness, which are the pillars of any happy home. The female, in some types of spiders, kills the male as soon as the fertilization takes place. Being larger in size and more violent, the female kills the male and eats its body. In some cases, the female eats its youngsters mercilessly. In some types, the female dies after fertilizing its eggs, which are usually fostered in a silk bag. When the eggs hatch, spiderlings come out to find themselves in a very crowded place inside the eggs bag. The siblings then start to fight for food, space or both. The brother kills its brother and sister, and the sister kills its sister and brother, until the fight ends with a few spiderlings remaining. These spiderlings shed their skin and tear the eggs bag to come out one after the other with unhappy memories. They all then spread in the surrounding environment. Each female starts to build its house. On the road to achieve this goal, some of the spiderlings die, whereas those who survive repeat the same tragedy.
These facts were unknown to any human at the time of revelation, and for long centuries thereafter.
One of the best arguments against religion I've ever read.

Location hidden

#665504 Oct 19, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
how about a 1600 years old book from the creator with some scientific miracles and accurate measurements for things were unknown at the time of revelation and was proved recently by the modern science ?! would you accept that ?!
Oh, you mean like the spider thing!?!?! Do you have more? Please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min oneear69 37,310
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Seentheotherside 688,927
You are of your father.....the devil 1 hr Doctor REALITY 3
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 1 hr Paul is dead 77
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 1 hr my opinions 459
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Tony 6,553
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 7 hr HFCS - What It Is 8
More from around the web