Prove there's a god.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#665356 Oct 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Extremists remind me of horses led from a burning barn. You can lead them to safety by covering their eyes but if you take the cover off too soon they'll run right back in to their burning stall and fry, stupidly.
Hey, nanoanalist! Your barn's on fire! Take off the eye covers, you'll see better!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#665357 Oct 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
continued
At this point Remsberg lists comparisons between the lives of Jesus and Buddha that should be brought to the attention of every Christian who ever lived. "Both have genealogies tracing their descent from ancestral kings. Both were born of virgin mothers. The conception of each was announced by a divine messenger. The hymns uttered at the two annunciations resemble each other. Both were visited by wise men who brought them gifts. Both were presented in the temple. The aged Simeon of one account corresponds to the aged Asita of the other. As 'the child (Jesus) grew and waxed strong in spirit' so 'the child (Sakay-Muni) waxed and increased in strength.' Both in childhood discoursed before teachers. Both fasted in the wilderness. Both were tempted. Angels or devatas ministered to each. Buddha bathed in the Narajana, and Christ was baptized in the Jordan. The mission of each was proclaimed by a voice from Heaven. Both performed miracles. Both sent out disciples to propagate their faiths. In calling their disciples the command of each was,'Follow me.' Buddha preached on the Holy Hill, and Christ delivered his sermon on the Mount. The phraseology of the sermons of Buddha and the sermon ascribed to Christ is, in many instances, the same. Both Buddha and Christ compare themselves to husbandmen sowing seed. The story of the prodigal son is found in both Scriptures. The account of the man born blind is common to both. In both the mustard seed is used as a simile for littleness. Christ speaks of 'a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand;' Buddha says,'Perishable is the city built of sand.' Both speak of 'the rain which falls on the just and the unjust.' The story of the ruler, Nicodemus, who came to Jesus by night has its parallel in the story of the rich man who came to Buddha by night. A converted courtesan, Magdalena, followed Jesus, and a converted courtesan, Ambapali, followed Buddha. There is a legend of a traitor connected with each. Both made triumphal entries, Christ into Jerusalem, and Buddha into Rajagriba. Both proclaimed kingdoms not of this world. The eternal life promised by Christ corresponds to the eternal peace, Nirvana, promised by Buddha. And both religions recognize a trinity." This list could be extended but the point has been made.
to be continued
...and, yet, you do not claim buddha is a myth.

Location hidden

#665358 Oct 18, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
No he didn't; he never existed. He's a myth.
<quoted text>
Geeze, nanopig, you're really going to town on those judgeit icons, aren't you? Every time they pop on my latest posts, you're stupid shitty posts are right behind them. So don't even try to tell us that you don't use them.
You pathetic little piglet.
lol

Oh look! People have been judging you while I was playing catch up...

Location hidden

#665359 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
That's because men--or even gender-questionable people like you--aren't allowed in women's locker rooms.
Do you *really* enjoy having your nose rubbed in that fact? Get a clue, little trannyman!!
I guess you missed the thread about gaywad men insisting on being allowed in the ladies' bathrooms here in our depraved country?

Location hidden

#665360 Oct 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Universe has always existed.

Prove it.

Location hidden

#665361 Oct 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I would ask him why he is allowed to read. Muslims don't like people knowing too many facts. Especially women, it makes them uppity.
Ha ha, very funny. I've dated a couple of Muslim guys and a couple of Jewish guys and they were all fine with a female going to college so they could earn a decent living as single women AND as spouses.

Location hidden

#665362 Oct 18, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, who would want to follow a homosexual like jesus, when they could follow a misogynist like paul?
So he wasn't mythical as long as he was also homosexual?

xD

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#665363 Oct 18, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...what on earth are you talking about? That question makes literally no sense whatsoever.
What doesn't make sense to you ?!! it seems like you read a lot of comments and get distracted, you already said that any one could have studied insects before 1600 years, I said Theodore Evans claims that he is the first one who discovered so many facts about spiders after years of studying and experimenting and finally came out of his discovery at 1995 ..!!! so its really impossible that Mohammed came up with facts about spiders and wrote it down in the Quran,

I also asked you if you know anything about how human nerves actually work ?! or when did humans find out about the existence of certain nerve endings which transmit feelings of pain to the brain?

I need some answers because later on I will bring a prof at this specific subject, Just go Along with me , you have nothing to lose

Location hidden

#665364 Oct 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
:-(-(it's a good thing that i understand you better than you do yourself or i could get discouraged:)
Does that mean you won't show us Mr. Wiggly?

Location hidden

#665365 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Duct tape works.
And a lighter...
>:)
You're the one who said "kneel". ;)

BTW, what's the lighter for?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#665366 Oct 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha, very funny. I've dated a couple of Muslim guys and a couple of Jewish guys and they were all fine with a female going to college so they could earn a decent living as single women AND as spouses.
actually the very first verse in The Holy Quran is "Read: In the Name of your Lord who created"

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#665367 Oct 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you missed the thread about gaywad men insisting on being allowed in the ladies' bathrooms here in our depraved country?
They still won't let you in the ladies bathroom, sir?

Is your hormone therapy not working?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#665368 Oct 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha, very funny. I've dated a couple of Muslim guys and a couple of Jewish guys and they were all fine with a female going to college so they could earn a decent living as single women AND as spouses.
While they were dating a man, sir?

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#665369 Oct 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean you won't show us Mr. Wiggly?
Oh hell.

Does Waaasssuuup know you're a male?

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#665370 Oct 18, 2013
True Truth wrote:
This business of not being able to save is an excuse. Granted, it is easier for some to save, for some it is extremely difficult. But if you look at 10 poor people, none of them earn the same, yet all of them are surviving. Yes, some have hard luck with health problems and some setbacks, but that is part of budgeting. If you are earning $300 a month, in your mind you should be planning to live through the month with $200. Some months will be tough, but in general, there must be no excuses. The most inaffordable thing for anyone, is excuses not to save. Sure, others can and will take pity and make excuses for you, but you cannot afford to make excuses for yourself in such a matter.
Your concept of expenses and budgeting do not account for real world scenarios and setbacks, though. For instance, one does not just earn $300 and decide to spend $200; living expenses and unexpected setbacks are not set by the worker/consumer. It would be nice to say "my bills for the month are only going to be $200," but unfortunately is not realistic. Of course everyone has to budget, and that budget has to fit needs-versus-income, but your concept of budgeting is idealistic instead of realistic.
Sure, you talk about "problems and setbacks," but your model has no real place for such a thing.
For instance, what if one's child gets ill and hospitalized? Bills even with insurance can be tens of thousands of dollars. Your model assumes that one will just pay a $10k bill with $100 saved here and there after setting their own cost of living.
Your ideology ignores the complexities and unexpectedness of real-world problems (what you call "excuses") that most people have to cope with.
True Truth wrote:
And it is the Clinton administration that screwed everything up. The tax breaks and loopholes for large coorporations are because of him. He removed numerous laws which kept capitalism fair. Initially it was a great success, since the large coorporations grew and more people got employed. But ultimately he gave these coorporations too much power and freedom. And in a globalised world, there are numerous advantages they can take and they took it, to the detriment of local workers. You have to look beyond your nose, and see what the far reaching implications are. What the long term cost is going to be.
Those tax breaks and loopholes started in the 1980s.
Clinton's plan is what raised the corporate tax rate, much to the chagrin of Republicans who opposed it. What you are talking about, rather, are concessions Clinton was forced into the position of weighing due to the Republican-controlled legislature he was faced with. In order to get any legislation through Congress he had to deal with the Republicans who controlled it and concede to some of their demands (it's called negotiation). Does this relieve him of all responsibility? Of course not. It does, though, show how the situation and responsibility are much different from the simple scenario you suggest. Curiously enough, you refuse to place responsibility on the ones who used those corporate tax breaks as a bargaining chips in the first place.
(your fundamentalism is showing...)
True Truth wrote:
I don't know about the U.S., but our government has numerous funds to help people with nothing start a business. I've just been at a government awards function lastnight. One of the winners of the awards was a toy company. Those people had nothing but an idea to building toy connectors that would use toilet toll cores as part of the building set. They applied for funds and they got it and made a success of it. Now as onlookers, we can find excuses why they got lucky, or analyse their success and see what we can learn from it. Their government was their partner and they are sitting pretty now.
...yet your argument is for the government to stop helping people like this.
Incredible.

They should have just saved up money ... right? ;)

Muncie, IN

#665371 Oct 18, 2013
True Truth wrote:
There are numerous success stories out of the slums of India. Banks, telecoms, car companies, recycled plastic. But granted, the majority are still poor. You want to know the difference? Read some news, columns, documentaries, and you'll find that these people don't care to know anything. How many times we hear the story "I work 12 hours a day, I collect plastic garbage for recycling for 8 years, and this is all I know".
"This is all I know"? What nonsense is that? And you are okay with knowing just that for 8 freaking years? Obviously you would remain poor like that. In bangladesh, there are numerous rowing boats to cross their many rivers. One rower to a boat, transporting people. Numerous boat, and the rowers earn $2 a day. But not one of them will think "Let me try to save for a freakin motor for my boat, so I can transport more people and earn more each day".
Your suggestions ignore cost of living expenses. Did you ever stop to think that those people might have a family, and that they might get hungry and need to eat ... I don't know ... on a daily basis maybe? Food is not the only expense, either. How can one just save for a motor or a better education when they only make enough to get by? Once again, reality intrudes upon the nice scenario you have set up. Anyways, if saving up were that easy don't you think someone would have already thought of what you suggested?
You are right, though, some people do not care to advance their educational level, but that in no way makes them lazy or less important. If a person works hard performing a job and does it well, how in the world is that person lazy or unproductive? They should be commended for their work, not denigrated as you are doing. What you are once again ignoring is that because of unfair economic standards, they do not just have access to spare wealth and resources.
True Truth wrote:
Let's look at an American success. Warren Buffet was not rich. He went door to door selling sweets. With the profits, he eventually bought a pinball machine and rented it out. With the profits of that he bought another pinball machine and rented it. And another and another. He had one job selling sweets. The pinball machines were doing all his other job. That's the key. Not working two or more jobs. Working one job and then getting your savings to work for you. You don't get rich by working hard and long. You get rich by working smart and investing smart.
Investing what?
Invest the imaginary freely-available wealth and resources you are assuming everyone has?

Warren Buffett's father was a stockbroker and later senator, so Warren had many more resources available than most. That does not mean he wasn't a hard worker and didn't make wise choices, but rather just that he had a more resource-rich background and thus not constrained by the economic stresses that most are under.
True Truth wrote:
I have a crappy job. I hate my career choices. But I just suck it up and plan and look towards a better future. I can pull out a hundred very legitimate excuses of unfairness. But excuses do not help my cause. They are a useless waste. I can't afford excuses. So I plan instead. Success happens when planning meets opportunity. How can anyone plan when they're busy making excuses for themselves? I'm not being harsh on unsympathetic or unempathetic. I pity many. Others can pity you, but you can't afford to pity yourself.
I got nothing against paying tax. I support fair taxation and granted, the current tax laws in the U.S. are unfair. But who is standing and fighting that? People are dancing on wall street instead of in the constitutional court.
What you call "excuses" some other call financial hardship.
Curiously, though, you stated "Success happens when planning meets opportunity" while so far you have been forgetting to account for the "opportunity" part.

Muncie, IN

#665372 Oct 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
The first offspring of anything that seeks food to survive has design built into it.
That's not apophenia.
This "design," though, is nowhere to be found other than in your delusions.
Indeed, you are experiencing apophenia.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Your belief in the magical assembly of our beings by randomness of pre-existing material is mental laziness feeding ego. It leads to topical thinking.
You spend too much time poopoohing and not feeding your brain. This has allowed your ego to get overinflated with hot air, resulting in your brain relesing smelly farts into the environment. Not a design defect in your case necessarily.
...and you like to twaddle. Too bad you can't form coherent thoughts.

Muncie, IN

#665373 Oct 18, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
“The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider’s house;- if they but knew.”(Surah Al ‘Ankaboot 29:41)
Confirmation of the fact that the spider’s house is the flimsiest house, whether physically or spiritually. This has been proven by the late studies in zoology
These facts were unknown to any human at the time of revelation, and for long centuries thereafter.
Your delusions are acting up again, Hazem. Spider's silk has been found to be among the world's strongest fibers, and their webs are amazingly sturdy and strong. This is all contrary to the mumbo-jumbo you posted.

Thank you for illustrating how your own delusions stem from those of your religious texts.

Muncie, IN

#665374 Oct 18, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
how about a 1600 years old book from the creator with some scientific miracles and accurate measurements for things were unknown at the time of revelation and was proved recently by the modern science ?! would you accept that ?!
There are no scientific miracles, no accurate measurements (according to the Bible, the planet is flat), and nothing otherwise scientific about the Bible. Bats are birds and snakes eat dirt according to the Bible.

The Bible is a collection of books of mostly anonymous origin, and was compiled by a panel of men vying for power in the world around them. One can find more scientific accuracies in Batman comics than one can find in the Bible.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#665375 Oct 18, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Abraham is a prophet who was sent by the creator to show people the right path.
Wrong. His Holiness, the Creator Double Fine, did not send a guy named "Abraham" to earth. Instead, His Holiness, the Creator Double Fine, sent a guy named "Joe". Go speak to this Joe. He will set you on the path of the righteous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Just Think 685,908
Extra Fertility meds for sale: Gonal f and menopur (Sep '12) 5 min Karen 13
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min UMORONRACEMAKEWOR... 27,020
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 37 min Jake999 6,454
Mark Cubans Powerball winner to say "NO!!" 56 min Doctor REALITY 2
solar eclipse a sign of the growing foolishness... 1 hr Corvus 2
Anyone know nicole horne that works at family d... 3 hr My Comment 5
More from around the web