|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
Because I know some of them, there good people that feel quite strongly about their freedom to express this believe in both god and this country.
Anybody is free to express their belief in whatever god they choose, be it Jehovah or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. They do not, though, have the right to expect others to respect that belief.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
The way I see it, the toilet seat is JUST as easy to put up as it is to put down.
I need it up, I lift it up. She needs it down, she puts it down.
It's a non-issue in my house.
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks thine wife is tired of cleaning the results of your poor aim, so she allows you to leave the thing up.
;)
I gotta chime in on this subject.

There is a much better reason to be religious about leaving the toilet seat, and the lid down than just hysgiene and class. It is called breaking your butt. Stumbling into the john in the middle of the night and plopping your butt down in the dark can give you a very rude surprise if the seat is up. You can also break bones. Dumb way to break a hip or upper leg bones. Much easier for heavy people to do that. You can also break a toiler or loosen the fitting. You have all that unchecked weight moving downward adding more force because you don't have that seat to break the fall.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

They absolutely
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>I suggested to you to use a thesaurus. I see that didn't work out so well.
<quoted text>They were charged and paid the associated fine.
<quoted text>...which means they admitted to their wrongdoing.
You are starting to catch on.
<quoted text>It violated the Lacey Act. I see you did not bother to read the case affidavit and are just making assumptions.
<quoted text>You just explained how it was a use of the law, then said it was not a use of the law. Your confusion is getting the best of you again.
<quoted text>Hence, this whole investigation we are talking about.
<quoted text>...which means that Gibson was not fulfilling their legal responsibilities to understand national and international laws ... hence their wrongdoing and admission of wrongdoing.
<quoted text>...this is a right-wing propaganda website founded by the Koch Brothers, associated with the extremist right-wing "Tea Party."
<quoted text>Your delusions are acting up again, Aura.
<quoted text>So, you are saying that the Affordable Care Act is useless because some companies violate the Lacey Act?
<quoted text>...and to uphold laws that are in place to protect threatened species of plants. I know, I know, silly details ... always ruining your arguments.
<quoted text>Ah yes, a website of an organization ran by former G.W. Bush post appointees. In other words, yet another radical right-wing propaganda website.
<quoted text>So they find themselves the victims - how is this surprising?
<quoted text>Yes!
Your infamous end-of-post rant of a new world order and Obama. You still have not worked in an evil army of laser-eyed rabbits. I'm starting to think you don't like my ideas, Aura.
They absolutely , positively , unequivocally and unconditionally
never charged them . There also was no US law broken.

It says so in YOUR link to the case.

In light of Gibson’s acknowledgement of its conduct, its duties under the Lacey Act and its promised cooperation and remedial actions,

*the government will decline charging Gibson

criminally in connection with Gibson’s order, purchase or importation of ebony from Madagascar and ebony and rosewood from India, provided that Gibson fully carries out its obligations under the agreement, and commits no future violations of law, including Lacey Act violations.

Which it was and IS a miscarriage of justice.
Specifically because.

On May 22, 2008, the U.S. Congress approved a new amendment to the Lacey Act, making the policy capable of combating both wildlife crime and illegal logging.

http://eia-global.org/lacey/

Do you define buying a piece of wood "logging?
Because if you do you're a fcking moron.

This law was designed to combat companies from buying timber rights and logging out them by cutting down acres of trees , thus destroying the rain forests.
You are freak Obama ahole licker and ignorant clown stfu and leave me alone.

Gibson conceded because to win , which he could have woulds have cost millions more dollars in legal fees. He agreed to find wood with a GOV stamp of approval. So as Katlin say's go pull the condom out your azz and foad.

Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I know some of them, there good people that feel quite strongly about their freedom to express this believe in both god and this country. I don't have to agree with them about every issue to recognize this brazenly apparent fact. I was in DC the day a million of them went to the White house. Though I was there on other business and was not present, one of my friends went.
If anything about him , I can say his belief in the "Tea Party"
is an irritation to me , because all he talks about is his belief in God and this country.
If that isn't patriotism, I'll go spit on my fathers marker that say's.
USMC, GYST,......... WWII, Korea, Vietnam.
Anecdotes are not facts. A million went to Washington? Like the genius holding the sign, "Keep your government hands off my Medicare"?

No, it's not patriotism. It's jingoism. It's racism. It's stupidity. It's ignorance. Where were these clowns when Bush and Reagan were spending historical amounts of money. Your ridiculous view is unsupported by facts and your trying to hide behind your father's tombstone is pathetic, batman.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough.
I suppose my only gripe would be that trying to separate "Christ's message" from Christianity is like trying to separate "Mohammed's message" from Islam ....
Jesus message was removed from Christianity 1700 years ago.

Christianity is as far removed from the teachings of Jesus as Islam is.

Christianity is the teachings of Paul.
Islam is the teachings of Muhammad.

The only difference between Islam and Christianity is whether Jesus 'ascended to Heaven' before or after the crucifixion.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I personally quit watching the news the day they won the court battle saying they can lie to you. It's only so much news..the rest is dramatized BS , with some sort of spin put on it.
If I want to know what happened I go to multi sources on the web.
But they have a good show it it interests you to hear some news, and get the latest spin-glamoriffic grapevine gossip.
Breitbart and World Nut Daily are not sources.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken. What I said is that I don't rely on the phrase "not perfect, just forgiven" I don't use it and I don't say it. No, I'm not an egotistic spiritualist nor am I lazy or delusional. I am however at a crossroads where I don't blindly follow what my religious leaders have told me. Some have said the world is 6000 years old, and I responded "you're kidding me right?!" some have told me that homosexuals are sick and in need of being cured. I responded by choosing to not participate in that dog and pony show of a "reformed" gay on stage with his new family. I felt angry at the Church for dehumanizing someone who I personally felt was trapped between who he was and trying to be who he thought the Church wanted him to be.
So forgive me if I don't fit your stereo typical image of a Christian. I'm not here to fit into your box and don't give a damn if it screws up every one else's perception of that "so called box"
I'm not here to fit into the Churches box either.
If there is any misrepresentation as you see it, its only simply because I'm trying to make real head or tails of Christ's message without the dogma.
Believe what you will. Your mind's probably made up anyway.
You're ashamed to be a Christian. It's understandable.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>I am not fooled by folks who advertise "I'm not religious" and then say "I just try to follow Christ" and use phrases like "not perfect just forgiven."
You are indeed religious, and you are indeed a Christian, Al. Trying to deny it is silliness. Jesus is the 'hero figure' of Christian mythology, and everything you think or believe about Jesus derives from Christian mythology (or you just made up), which itself is derived from Judaic mythology and writings (such as songs) mixed with gnosticism and traditions of the so-called 'mystery religions' that were popular in ancient Rome.
You say you do not like deliberate misrepresentation, but you present yourself as a Christian who is neither religious or a Christian (!). I do not know whether you are embarrassed of your religion, whether you do not understand your religion and have concocted an elaborate delusion that you are trying to convince others of, whether you are an egotist who pretends to be "spiritual-er" than other Christians, whether you are too lazy to follow the dogma of your religion, or whether you are an unbeliever who is just afraid to admit so. Don't try to talk about not liking deliberate misrepresentation, though, when you make yourself an example of just that.
Spot on. This exact thing has been explained to him numerous times but he hangs on to the mythological propaganda while hiding behind his shame. It's pathetic but I love it. It showcases the death of the dogma.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Understanding Roger Ailes is important as well. Mr. Ailes is the president of Fox News, by the way.
Roger Ailes started his career as media consultant for the Nixon campaign. During this time, a document discovered in the Richard Nixon Presidential Library shows he had already planned a television station to spread the GOP's message, in a document called "A Plan for Putting the GOP on TV News." His reason was "People are lazy. With television you just sit—watch—listen. The thinking is done for you." It outlined a plan for the GOP to have their own "news" station for which to spread the GOP's point of view exclusively.
http://edge-cache.gawker.com/gawker/ailesfile...
Ailes went on to be close media consultant for Reagan and G.H.W. Bush, also coaching them on their debates and speeches and designing campaign ads. He also advised them on the matters of small details that would create a psychological effect on viewers. An example of this is Nixon's lighting of the Christmas Tree. Instead of the usual throwing of a switch, Ailes advised Nixon to create a televised extravaganza in which he hugged a small boy and they both lit it together because "this simple gesture will do much to humanize him with all the parents." He is a skilled propagandist.
Roger Ailes is also the president of Fox News.
He developed the phrase "fair and balanced" when he worked for TVN, a right-wing news network described by a former station news director as a "propaganda machine."
Did I mention that he is also president of Fox News?
http://gawker.com/5814150/roger-ailes-secret-...
http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp...
Yeah, these damn 'patriots' follow the Republican Pravda, owned by Rupert Murdoch, an Australian, and Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, a Muslim of the House of Saud. The ignorance is astounding.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Redneck," "cracker", "Okie", and "hillbilly" emphasize that a person is poor and uneducated and comes from the backwoods with little awareness of the modern world. "White trash" focuses on the person's moral failings.
From your posts, it is clear that you are white trash.
<quoted text>
Compared to *you??*
Yes!!
And *YOU* are the only person I've ever said that to. Why? Because YOU EARNED IT.
You're pathetic.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post!
Good post? It's dribble filled with utter BS. You know, like the Bible.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably depends on which one their denomination favors.
I agree. They claim a superior magic decoder ring. I want to know his objective standard. He's never give it, just like he will never tell which version he uses, nor will he describe the exact nature of his Invisible a immoral Daddy so it can be eviscerated before him.
Shaddup

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I said "most",'tard.
I stand by my statement.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Mmm hm, right.
My first husband left it up one night and I fell in because the light was off and I didn't see the booby trap waiting for me. He never did THAT again.
A person could get seriously injured falling into one of those things!
Mrs RR did that once, too. She felt dumb for not checking it first. She never did THAT again.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>Point taken. What I said is that I don't rely on the phrase "not perfect, just forgiven" I don't use it and I don't say it. No, I'm not an egotistic spiritualist nor am I lazy or delusional. I am however at a crossroads where I don't blindly follow what my religious leaders have told me. Some have said the world is 6000 years old, and I responded "you're kidding me right?!" some have told me that homosexuals are sick and in need of being cured. I responded by choosing to not participate in that dog and pony show of a "reformed" gay on stage with his new family. I felt angry at the Church for dehumanizing someone who I personally felt was trapped between who he was and trying to be who he thought the Church wanted him to be.

So forgive me if I don't fit your stereo typical image of a Christian. I'm not here to fit into your box and don't give a damn if it screws up every one else's perception of that "so called box"
I'm not here to fit into the Churches box either.

If there is any misrepresentation as you see it, its only simply because I'm trying to make real head or tails of Christ's message without the dogma.

Believe what you will. Your mind's probably made up anyway.
Hey Al!

How yu doon?

I've been off the thread for a while. Enjoying the last of the summer sun, ya know?

I hope all is well with you and yours.

Scanning through this morning, one of the first posts I read was apsu's response to this one, and I just want to say that this is one of the best posts I've seen in a long, long time.

Well said and keep growing.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Pappa Bear is king o' the castle, si?
Is that a hint of tongue I see in the ol' cheek?
*blushes*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

<quoted text>
Methinks thine wife is tired of cleaning the results of your poor aim, so she allows you to leave the thing up.
;)
Lol
'tis possible...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Al!
How yu doon?
I've been off the thread for a while. Enjoying the last of the summer sun, ya know?
I hope all is well with you and yours.
Scanning through this morning, one of the first posts I read was apsu's response to this one, and I just want to say that this is one of the best posts I've seen in a long, long time.
Well said and keep growing.:)
Hey Aero! I'm doon aw right!(In new yak accent)
It's all good here. Hope all is well with you as well.
Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
HA HA!!
All y'all do is quote the Bible. That's it. That's not knowledge.
Apsu wrote:
The Bible is indeed not knowledge in any way, I'm glad you at least recognise that.
That's not what I said. This is xactly the kind of intellectual dishonesty that you guys do, this is what Al Garcia was talking about.

Quoting the Bible does not equal knowledge of the Bible.

Does that make sense to you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
I gotta chime in on this subject.
There is a much better reason to be religious about leaving the toilet seat, and the lid down than just hysgiene and class. It is called breaking your butt. Stumbling into the john in the middle of the night and plopping your butt down in the dark can give you a very rude surprise if the seat is up. You can also break bones. Dumb way to break a hip or upper leg bones. Much easier for heavy people to do that. You can also break a toiler or loosen the fitting. You have all that unchecked weight moving downward adding more force because you don't have that seat to break the fall.
Mrs RR & I don't put too much effort into the thinking of putting the toilet seat down. We understand that it's just as difficult to put up as it is to put down.

It's a non-issue in my house.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

370 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min shyam 4,491
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min The Awakener 172,268
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min Alon 114,975
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 31 min Rosa_Winkel 25
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 41 min AussieBobby 256,382
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min bacon hater 93,662
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 50 min andet1987 5,210
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mi Lin 532,443
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 10 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••