Prove there's a god.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#665114 Oct 18, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You used one person to exemplify "many" people from a given subset. To be more precise, you used one person from a country of 1.2 billion people, in which 32% fall below the international poverty line of living on US$1.25 a day.
How's that begetting of wealth going for that 828 million (69% of) people in India who live on less than US$2 a day?....
There are numerous success stories out of the slums of India. Banks, telecoms, car companies, recycled plastic. But granted, the majority are still poor. You want to know the difference? Read some news, columns, documentaries, and you'll find that these people don't care to know anything. How many times we hear the story "I work 12 hours a day, I collect plastic garbage for recycling for 8 years, and this is all I know".

"This is all I know"? What nonsense is that? And you are okay with knowing just that for 8 freaking years? Obviously you would remain poor like that. In bangladesh, there are numerous rowing boats to cross their many rivers. One rower to a boat, transporting people. Numerous boat, and the rowers earn $2 a day. But not one of them will think "Let me try to save for a freakin motor for my boat, so I can transport more people and earn more each day".

Let's look at an American success. Warren Buffet was not rich. He went door to door selling sweets. With the profits, he eventually bought a pinball machine and rented it out. With the profits of that he bought another pinball machine and rented it. And another and another. He had one job selling sweets. The pinball machines were doing all his other job. That's the key. Not working two or more jobs. Working one job and then getting your savings to work for you. You don't get rich by working hard and long. You get rich by working smart and investing smart.

I have a crappy job. I hate my career choices. But I just suck it up and plan and look towards a better future. I can pull out a hundred very legitimate excuses of unfairness. But excuses do not help my cause. They are a useless waste. I can't afford excuses. So I plan instead. Success happens when planning meets opportunity. How can anyone plan when they're busy making excuses for themselves? I'm not being harsh on unsympathetic or unempathetic. I pity many. Others can pity you, but you can't afford to pity yourself.

I got nothing against paying tax. I support fair taxation and granted, the current tax laws in the U.S. are unfair. But who is standing and fighting that? People are dancing on wall street instead of in the constitutional court.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#665115 Oct 18, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>The lack of clarity and specifics leads me to believe that you need to stop and gather your thoughts first next time.
<quoted text>There are no "designs built" into anything, Dave.
You are experiencing apophenia.
The first offspring of anything that seeks food to survive has design built into it.

That's not apophenia.

Your belief in the magical assembly of our beings by randomness of pre-existing material is mental laziness feeding ego. It leads to topical thinking.

You spend too much time poopoohing and not feeding your brain. This has allowed your ego to get overinflated with hot air, resulting in your brain relesing smelly farts into the environment. Not a design defect in your case necessarily.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#665116 Oct 18, 2013
Subjects of Double Fine.

Yes, indeed. Prove there is a god.

Look at the beautiful world aroind you. How perfect everything is. Look at a bee. So delicate, yet so perfect. Engineering on a level mankind does not even begin to comprehend.

Or a flower! The beauty, splendour and magnificence of the Wild Iris or the Mountain Orchid.

Surely, this beauty and integration cannot happen by random chance alone. Something must have created it.

That something is Double Fine. Double Fine has died for each of *your* sins, so that *you* can roam into the everlasting afterlife, and stay there for eternity, where you shall sing praises to His Holiness, Double Fine.

Thank you for reading. May the peace, love and blessings of Double Fine be upon ye.

Lamar, CO

#665117 Oct 18, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Subjects of Double Fine.
Look at the beautiful world aroind you. How perfect everything is. Look at a bee. So delicate, yet so perfect. Engineering on a level mankind does not even begin to comprehend.
Or a flower! The beauty, splendour and magnificence of the Wild Iris or the Mountain Orchid.
Surely, this beauty and integration cannot happen by random chance alone. Something must have created it.
That something is Double Fine. Double Fine has died for each of *your* sins, so that *you* can roam into the everlasting afterlife, and stay there for eternity, where you shall sing praises to His Holiness, Double Fine.
Thank you for reading. May the peace, love and blessings of Double Fine be upon ye.
The Sheik of the Stardust Lounge hath returned.

You were gone, huh?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#665118 Oct 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A true nothing can not exist in your physical environment. You can't measure it. You could not transverse it, that means you couldn't even see past it or through it. If one portal existed of it the universe would be sucked into it. All energy would have a path of no resistance or limits to fill. This universe is a bubble or a bottle formed around it by a something else.
As I have said before, modern physics made a wrong turn when they turned particles into the gods of creation. All of our physics is derived from the processes of energy moving in a bottle. The working from the inside out of those particles gives the illusion of another dimension we popped out of magically. The BBT may be very accurate overall, but something was ignored in the pursuit of those mathematicl gods of particles.
Energy follows the paths of least resistance. If there was nothing or a true void beyond the boundaries of this universe it would have already escaped into it.
You have seen and misunderstood too many analogies using balloons

Nope particles are particles, gods are in your mind.

What magically? Juts becise it is not understood does not mean goddidt by magic

Something like what?

Who said there was nothing? Oh yes, the babble.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

#665119 Oct 18, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Everybody!
Your Saviour has returned!
Hi, DF.

#665120 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You said top and bottom borders , not north and south borders. If the Bible said top and bottom borders like you did, you'd use that against the Bible to show how wrong it is.
THAT'S the reference here, Christine. I understood what you meant by "top and bottom borders", you pretend like you don't understand "moving a mountain with faith".
It's a sick game you play.
Just because you are does not mean that I am holding the map upside-down

There is a considerable difference between holding a map upside-down and the delusion of moving several trillion tons just by thing of a god

A game, yes but not sick, never sick.

#665121 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Uh-oh... Christine's gonna get mad at you. Cuz lions don't talk...
<quoted text>
HAHA!!!
See, OCB? Told ya.
You have a very sick idea of what constitutes mad

The claim was made, it was a lie (one among many), end of story

Location hidden

#665122 Oct 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPROM
You have circuits in your brain that were subjected to abnormally high voltages caused by the LSD which caught spurious signal generation created by that LSD, and locked it into place.
Your brain got fried into a set pattern instead of the more fluid natural way that makes adjustments and for nuances regarding whatever was transpiring at the time.
You interrupted your natural mental development. Retarded is a better description. Took a trip and never returned.
I would suggest spending long periods staring at the sun to reset that.
I only took Sandoz LSD. Pharmaceutical pure. Your ignorance on this subject is astounding. You should stick with giving out computer advise as you are really good at it.

#665123 Oct 18, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Told me what? I posted an Aesop's fable- nothing from the bible and I think Christine knows that as well as knowing why I posted that fable.
Yup but RR didn’t.

Location hidden

#665124 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A few posts here and there is devoting one's life??
<quoted text>
Then based on your 1,000 posts to me and about me, I'd say you've devoted your life to me.
Now kneel.
You know why I post to you. To show your biblical ignorance and your subjectivity and your selective morality. When I do this it proves that you are not a Christian. I LOVE proving no one is a Christian.

#665125 Oct 18, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
Subjects of Double Fine.
HI stranger, good to see you.

And good to see that your absence has not sent you over the top with your incomprehensible humility and modesty

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#665126 Oct 18, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
alright, what would you accept as a proof ?!
Any verifiable, measurable, observable piece of data that shows a being that could be classified as a "god" exists will do....

Location hidden

#665127 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No.. Focus on Matthew 18, don't change the subject. Do you understand what I wrote?
New International Version
"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

New Living Translation
"I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

English Standard Version
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

New American Standard Bible
"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.

King James Bible
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Again, I assure you: If two of you on earth agree about any matter that you pray for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven.

International Standard Version
Furthermore, I tell all of you with certainty that if two of you agree on earth about anything you request, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven,

NET Bible
Again, I tell you the truth, if two of you on earth agree about whatever you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Again I say to you, that if two of you will agree in the earth about any matter which they will request, it will be done for them from the presence of my Father who is in Heaven.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"I can guarantee again that if two of you agree on anything here on earth, my Father in heaven will accept it.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in the heavens.

King James 2000 Bible
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth concerning anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.

American King James Version
Again I say to you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

American Standard Version
Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father who is in heaven.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Again I say to you, that if two of you shall consent upon earth, concerning any thing whatsoever they shall ask, it shall be done to them by my Father who is in heaven.

Darby Bible Translation
Again I say to you, that if two of you shall agree on the earth concerning any matter, whatsoever it may be that they shall ask, it shall come to them from my Father who is in the heavens.

English Revised Version
Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Webster's Bible Translation
Again I say to you, That if two of you shall agree on earth, concerning any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by my Father who is in heaven.

Weymouth New Testament
I also solemnly tell you that if two of you here on earth agree together concerning anything whatever that they shall ask, the boon will come to them from my Father who is in Heaven.

World English Bible
Again, assuredly I tell you, that if two of you will agree on earth concerning anything that they will ask, it will be done for them by my Father who is in heaven.

Young's Literal Translation
'Again, I say to you, that, if two of you may agree on the earth concerning anything, whatever they may ask -- it shall be done to them from my Father who is in the heavens,

Lamar, CO

#665128 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have seen and misunderstood too many analogies using balloons
Nope particles are particles, gods are in your mind.
What magically? Juts becise it is not understood does not mean goddidt by magic
Something like what?
Who said there was nothing? Oh yes, the babble.
I think it said there was no form, not a nothing. A void like a vacuum being devoid of any "matter". But the inside of that vacuum vessel is a something.

There is mention of "waters" and darkness. "Waters" is symbolic. JC mentioned something about living waters.

Like I said before. Look into a stagnant bowl of pure water. Transparent. You see nothing. Stir it with your finger. Things will start to take shape. You are creating differences in density by motion.

Thoughts can be likened to "waters" and motion.

Girl, you need some imagination. You need a fire lit up in you that shines light and doesn't just consume you. You are a smouldering ember that needs the breath of life.

You need a good cuddle.:-)

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#665129 Oct 18, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you laughing about ?!
which side are you on ?
is it the side of the believers or non-believers ?!
"which side are you on?"

Man, if that doesn't sum up religion in a nutshell....

Lamar, CO

#665130 Oct 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I only took Sandoz LSD. Pharmaceutical pure. Your ignorance on this subject is astounding. You should stick with giving out computer advise as you are really good at it.
You can take cyanide in USP grade.

But just once. It will definitely have a lasting affect on your physical and mental self.

Location hidden

#665131 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.. Focus on Matthew 18, don't change the subject.
Do you understand what I wrote?
The subject is you posting your proof for the existence of God.

Yes I understand where you want to go with your apologetic. Do you think I have not posted this before and had to deal with all the apologetics presented to me in the last 30 years?

Did you just fall off a turnip truck?

Location hidden

#665132 Oct 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.politico.com/story/ 2013/10/tea-party-science-9848 8.html?hp=r3
heh heh
"However, those who identified as part of the tea party movement were actually better versed in science than those who didn’t, Kahan found. The findings met the conventional threshold of statistical significance, the professor said."

This comment got over 1,200 thumbs up: "Let's get this straight - this elite professor doesn't know a single tea partier, but he admits to holding a negative view of them. Not very interested in intellectual honesty, I'd say."
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#665133 Oct 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, DF.
The sequester is over.
Is our Government really
separate from other countries?
Americans follow God.
Who else would help us?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Aura Mytha 49,434
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min truth 646,943
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 23 min patsy the shared ... 23
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 43 min WasteWater 2,110
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 105,681
Exactly HOW did O.J. Simpson end up being a dou... 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,752
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web