Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#665097 Oct 17, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Right; you got that from MS-NBC.
Again, I don't watch msnbc. What do you call it when they do something purely to gain political capital? That's called a political move, and it's fooling people, obviously. There was no chance of partial funding, so why do it? To give the GOP party something to squawk about.

Location hidden

#665098 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you laughing about ?!
which side are you on ?
is it the side of the believers or non-believers ?!
Dude, the glory of god is so evident in this verse:

"And lo, the lord saeth 'all unbelievers shall be impaled upon my glory pole.'" Zekeriahschmelihia 69:6

The atheists cringe when they read the gospel. It's our best defense against their evil machinations.

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#665099 Oct 17, 2013
And now for something completely different....

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#665100 Oct 17, 2013
You would say so; you are a liberal, defending Obama and the liberal party. The Capitol Mall was open for illegal aliens to demonstrate, but the WWII memorial was closed to the people for whom it was dedicated.
You can thank the liberals for that.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You completely ignored the rest of my post
You deliberately ignored mine. You *still* haven't told me which Fox reporters you saw that are blatant right-wing propagandists; surely, their names would have stuck in your mind.

But somehow, I just don't think you will.

Oh; and you called me a racist by claiming I opposed Obama's policies because he was black.

You are the racist here, not me. You are the one who needs to play the race card.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#665101 Oct 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>"Liberal kneejerk denials?"
Yes.

I stand by that.
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>" Anyone that disagrees with you on anything regarding obama is a pinko liberal, apparently.
I never said any such thing, but don't let that stop you from making any more false accusations about me, liberal.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#665102 Oct 17, 2013
I'm going back to the video.

Location hidden

#665103 Oct 17, 2013
You would say so; you are a liberal, defending Obama and the liberal party. The Capitol Mall was open for illegal aliens to demonstrate, but the WWII memorial was closed to the people for whom it was dedicated.
You can thank the liberals for that.
<quoted text>
You deliberately ignored mine. You *still* haven't told me which Fox reporters you saw that are blatant right-wing propagandists; surely, their names would have stuck in your mind.
But somehow, I just don't think you will.
Oh; and you called me a racist by claiming I opposed Obama's policies because he was black.
You are the racist here, not me. You are the one who needs to play the race card.
When did I say that?

You are framing the question in a dishonest way. Again, my position is not that every single plain old reporter on fox is a propagandist. It is my position that the network as a whole serves as a conduit for gop propaganda. I have no idea how you could disagree with that. They have "commentators" who literally recite gop talking points. If msnbc is "liberal propaganda," then fox is conservative propaganda. They are guilty of the same things, but you are fine with fox and you take issue with msnbc. I wonder why that is. Could it be that you agree with the gop propaganda?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#665104 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep reading, I have a strong feeling you will find what you have been looking for.
From what I've seen so far, I will find other mis-truths. We know that some of the Koran is derivative of the Bible and we know that a lot of the Bible itself is purely mythical (never happened). We can prove this position.

Like I said Adam and Eve ARE disproven. So is the Noachian Flood and the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt and the age of the earth.

We also know that humans ARE related to the great apes and were not created some 6,000 to 10,000 years ago ex-nihilo.

To me just these facts alone negate the possibility of the Christian and Muslim god (they are the same god I'm told).

Can you disprove any of the things I have said here??

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#665105 Oct 17, 2013
Of course I do. I have a dictionary. Don't you? Apparently not.
Simply having a dictionary does not equate to understanding the meaning of words.

You have to actually look in it and read.

Muncie, IN

#665106 Oct 17, 2013
I'm sure there are. Liberal, left-wing sites.
Your inability to understand the terminology you choose to utilize in turn means your labels amount to nothing more than twaddle.

You seem to understand the definition of twaddle, if nothing else.

Muncie, IN

#665107 Oct 17, 2013
Meh, I'm bored and you can be funny, so I'll correct your wildly ignorant twaddle.
hazem selawi wrote:
point number one shows how accurate the creator is, because a little false move will destroy everything, what if the sun was a little closer to our earth ?!! we would burn,
The Earth follows an elliptical orbit around the Sun, not a circular orbit. The Earth's distance from the Sun varies over the course of the year by about 5 million kilometers.
Yet, everything is not destroyed, like you assert would happen.
hazem selawi wrote:
and you still cant make the sun rises from the west and set in the east, Regardless of the rotation nor up and down, we are not playing a game of words, lets just realize the big picture.
The Sun does not rise. Rather, the Earth rotates.
hazem selawi wrote:
if you want to say anything please try to mention science, raising a baby inside someones womb,
A baby is not raised in a womb. The womb is the site of the embryo's gestation until childbirth.
hazem selawi wrote:
even that Womb is full of complicated Details,
What in the world is "complicated details" even supposed to mean?
hazem selawi wrote:
I am not a man of science and I don't know much,
...which you have made quite obvious.
hazem selawi wrote:
check your hands typing, check your eyes, nothing can ever compete with the Gift of sight you wouldn't trade your eyes for a million Dollar maybe more, no computer nor nothing can compete with the human Brain which has so many details if we got into it,it would take us weeks to cover it and maybe more.
Both the eyes and the brain are highly developed ganglia that have evolved into individual organs with independent metabolic and physiological functions.
We have already "gotten into" both, by the way.
hazem selawi wrote:
if all the human race worked together they wont be able to create a single fly,
Flies are not created. They develop from a larvae (maggot) which hatched from an egg.
hazem selawi wrote:
the fly has a soul it lives for a period of time, it may absorb food, it may reproduce, or Bees or Aunts they all have a system and live in an incredible way, who taught those insects all these things, who taught you to breastfeed ?! who taught the aunt to seek for food and protect their queen ?!!
There are no teachers of flies. There are no teachers of ants. Or of bees, for that matter.
Flies do indeed metabolize nutrients from their surrounding environment since you seem confused about that matter.
An "aunt" is a family member, by the way.
hazem selawi wrote:
i think you asked yourself so many questions but never got an accurate answer,tell me about your life, some wise man once said every christian atheist is still a christian in the back of his head, and every atheist is an atheist until he gets sick or face a problem that he might never be able to solve by himself,
Rather, you are too weak-minded to tackle your own problems and so pretend an invisible being is going to save you. Young children sometimes do the same thing with Spider-Man.
hazem selawi wrote:
why do you know the difference between right and wrong ?why do you feel guilty when you hurt someone ?!!
We are taught this from a young age by others in the society we are raised in. Thus, different areas of the world have different perceptions of "right and wrong."
hazem selawi wrote:
who put all these feelings in you ?!
Feelings are not "put" anywhere.

All of your arguments, Hazem, are nothing more than your own ignorance that you are assuming others share. You seem to have not faced the fact that you are, essentially, an imbecile (to use the literal definition of the word).

You could have summed up your entire post by simply saying
hazem selawi wrote:
I am not a man of science and I don't know much,

Location hidden

#665108 Oct 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes.
I stand by that.
<quoted text>
I never said any such thing, but don't let that stop you from making any more false accusations about me, liberal.
No, you didn't outright say it, but you might as well have. Anything I say that is even remotely positive (or even negative, but not negative enough, I guess) about obama causes you to call me a "line towing liberal."

Why do you use the word "liberal" as an insult. That's bizarre.

Location hidden

#665109 Oct 17, 2013
Apsu wrote:
Meh, I'm bored and you can be funny, so I'll correct your wildly ignorant twaddle.
<quoted text>The Earth follows an elliptical orbit around the Sun, not a circular orbit. The Earth's distance from the Sun varies over the course of the year by about 5 million kilometers.
Yet, everything is not destroyed, like you assert would happen.
<quoted text>The Sun does not rise. Rather, the Earth rotates.
<quoted text>A baby is not raised in a womb. The womb is the site of the embryo's gestation until childbirth.
<quoted text>What in the world is "complicated details" even supposed to mean?
<quoted text>...which you have made quite obvious.
<quoted text>Both the eyes and the brain are highly developed ganglia that have evolved into individual organs with independent metabolic and physiological functions.
We have already "gotten into" both, by the way.
<quoted text>Flies are not created. They develop from a larvae (maggot) which hatched from an egg.
<quoted text>There are no teachers of flies. There are no teachers of ants. Or of bees, for that matter.
Flies do indeed metabolize nutrients from their surrounding environment since you seem confused about that matter.
An "aunt" is a family member, by the way.
<quoted text>Rather, you are too weak-minded to tackle your own problems and so pretend an invisible being is going to save you. Young children sometimes do the same thing with Spider-Man.
<quoted text>We are taught this from a young age by others in the society we are raised in. Thus, different areas of the world have different perceptions of "right and wrong."
<quoted text>Feelings are not "put" anywhere.
All of your arguments, Hazem, are nothing more than your own ignorance that you are assuming others share. You seem to have not faced the fact that you are, essentially, an imbecile (to use the literal definition of the word).
You could have summed up your entire post by simply saying
<quoted text>
Good post.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#665110 Oct 18, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright I will give you some stories about the previous nations who didnt believe in God
1) When Abraham said, "My Lord is the one who gives life and causes death," he said, "I give life and cause death." Abraham said, "Indeed, Allah brings up the sun from the east, so bring it up from the west." Can anyone of you non Believers bring the sun up from the west instead from the east ?!!
2)were you created by nothing, or were you the creators of yourselves ?!!
3) Have not god made the earth a resting place? And the mountains as stakes?, And god created you in pairs And made your sleep [a means for] rest And made the night as clothing And made the day for livelihood And constructed above you seven strong [heavens] And made [therein] a burning lamp, And sent down from the rain clouds, pouring water That god may bring forth thereby grain and vegetation
And gardens of entwined growth ..??!!
I would Say ...Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon, I would say
God perfected everything which He created and began the creation of man from clay.
4)God created you from one soul. Then He made from it its mate, and He produced for you from the grazing livestock eight mates. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses.
Maybe after we discuss these points I can put some more profs of God's power.
Abraham who?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#665111 Oct 18, 2013
Apsu wrote:
This will be in two parts, sorry.:)
<quoted text>That is not what I am saying at all.
Many people in the U.S. fall into a category of workers who have jobs, get paid, but only get paid enough to cover the bills for the month. They are not poor and they are working-class folks, but they do not have the ability to actually save money because there is none left over at the end of the month to do so, or they can only save very little....
This business of not being able to save is an excuse. Granted, it is easier for some to save, for some it is extremely difficult. But if you look at 10 poor people, none of them earn the same, yet all of them are surviving. Yes, some have hard luck with health problems and some setbacks, but that is part of budgeting. If you are earning $300 a month, in your mind you should be planning to live through the month with $200. Some months will be tough, but in general, there must be no excuses. The most inaffordable thing for anyone, is excuses not to save. Sure, others can and will take pity and make excuses for you, but you cannot afford to make excuses for yourself in such a matter.

And it is the Clinton administration that screwed everything up. The tax breaks and loopholes for large coorporations are because of him. He removed numerous laws which kept capitalism fair. Initially it was a great success, since the large coorporations grew and more people got employed. But ultimately he gave these coorporations too much power and freedom. And in a globalised world, there are numerous advantages they can take and they took it, to the detriment of local workers. You have to look beyond your nose, and see what the far reaching implications are. What the long term cost is going to be.

I don't know about the U.S., but our government has numerous funds to help people with nothing start a business. I've just been at a government awards function lastnight. One of the winners of the awards was a toy company. Those people had nothing but an idea to building toy connectors that would use toilet toll cores as part of the building set. They applied for funds and they got it and made a success of it. Now as onlookers, we can find excuses why they got lucky, or analyse their success and see what we can learn from it. Their government was their partner and they are sitting pretty now.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#665112 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout just #2?
Your parents did not create you. They did the act necessary, but God took it over from there.
One thing you should recognize is that through all of man's great achievments, we cannot create life. Still. We can go to the moon, create clones, instant communication around the globe, etc but we can't do what seems as simple as "my parents created me" and create a life.
Are you high?

Explain the act that God took over.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#665113 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you to prove that Philo existed and you linked to wiki and to this site as 'proof';
http://www.britannica.com/search...
It says "61 items".
Use the same 'proof' of Philo and search for Jesus instead:
http://www.britannica.com/search...
It says "1041 items".
You'll use britannica to prove Philo but ignore it to prove Jesus, even though there's 17 times more data about Jesus on that very site.
Go figure.
Search it for River Tam and you get 14,758.

That's 14 times more than Jesus !!

Go figure.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#665114 Oct 18, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You used one person to exemplify "many" people from a given subset. To be more precise, you used one person from a country of 1.2 billion people, in which 32% fall below the international poverty line of living on US$1.25 a day.
How's that begetting of wealth going for that 828 million (69% of) people in India who live on less than US$2 a day?....
There are numerous success stories out of the slums of India. Banks, telecoms, car companies, recycled plastic. But granted, the majority are still poor. You want to know the difference? Read some news, columns, documentaries, and you'll find that these people don't care to know anything. How many times we hear the story "I work 12 hours a day, I collect plastic garbage for recycling for 8 years, and this is all I know".

"This is all I know"? What nonsense is that? And you are okay with knowing just that for 8 freaking years? Obviously you would remain poor like that. In bangladesh, there are numerous rowing boats to cross their many rivers. One rower to a boat, transporting people. Numerous boat, and the rowers earn $2 a day. But not one of them will think "Let me try to save for a freakin motor for my boat, so I can transport more people and earn more each day".

Let's look at an American success. Warren Buffet was not rich. He went door to door selling sweets. With the profits, he eventually bought a pinball machine and rented it out. With the profits of that he bought another pinball machine and rented it. And another and another. He had one job selling sweets. The pinball machines were doing all his other job. That's the key. Not working two or more jobs. Working one job and then getting your savings to work for you. You don't get rich by working hard and long. You get rich by working smart and investing smart.

I have a crappy job. I hate my career choices. But I just suck it up and plan and look towards a better future. I can pull out a hundred very legitimate excuses of unfairness. But excuses do not help my cause. They are a useless waste. I can't afford excuses. So I plan instead. Success happens when planning meets opportunity. How can anyone plan when they're busy making excuses for themselves? I'm not being harsh on unsympathetic or unempathetic. I pity many. Others can pity you, but you can't afford to pity yourself.

I got nothing against paying tax. I support fair taxation and granted, the current tax laws in the U.S. are unfair. But who is standing and fighting that? People are dancing on wall street instead of in the constitutional court.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#665115 Oct 18, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>The lack of clarity and specifics leads me to believe that you need to stop and gather your thoughts first next time.
<quoted text>There are no "designs built" into anything, Dave.
You are experiencing apophenia.
The first offspring of anything that seeks food to survive has design built into it.

That's not apophenia.

Your belief in the magical assembly of our beings by randomness of pre-existing material is mental laziness feeding ego. It leads to topical thinking.

You spend too much time poopoohing and not feeding your brain. This has allowed your ego to get overinflated with hot air, resulting in your brain relesing smelly farts into the environment. Not a design defect in your case necessarily.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#665116 Oct 18, 2013
Subjects of Double Fine.

Yes, indeed. Prove there is a god.

Look at the beautiful world aroind you. How perfect everything is. Look at a bee. So delicate, yet so perfect. Engineering on a level mankind does not even begin to comprehend.

Or a flower! The beauty, splendour and magnificence of the Wild Iris or the Mountain Orchid.

Surely, this beauty and integration cannot happen by random chance alone. Something must have created it.

That something is Double Fine. Double Fine has died for each of *your* sins, so that *you* can roam into the everlasting afterlife, and stay there for eternity, where you shall sing praises to His Holiness, Double Fine.

Thank you for reading. May the peace, love and blessings of Double Fine be upon ye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 650,808
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Joe Fortuna 56,385
Is Satan behind mixed-race relationships? 15 min Steve III 7
MH370 FACT:Captain Ahmad Shah Zahare is a MASS ... 21 min Doctor REALITY 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr sundar 2,040
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,099
White gay slaves who like black masters (Nov '14) 1 hr blackdick 6
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,013
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Rider on the Storm 182,989
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 8 hr Ajay 74
More from around the web