Tenerife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>What objective standard do you use to determine they are "translated better"?
Probably depends on which one their denomination favors.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how are you supposed to see the (spiritual) evidence without (spiritual) eyes, silly?! first you must obey/believe and then you can receive;)
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a stupid cop-out. Who wants to or is able to believe something without proofs?
I'm sorry dude, but that is not a very good answer and it definitely is not going to be proof of anything
Waaasssuuup would rather drown in his own stupidity and ignorance than listen to reason.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
The way I see it, the toilet seat is JUST as easy to put up as it is to put down.
I need it up, I lift it up. She needs it down, she puts it down.
It's a non-issue in my house.
Methinks thine wife is tired of cleaning the results of your poor aim, so she allows you to leave the thing up.

;)

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
Hello Apsu. Allow me to introduce myself.
I am Al Garcia (real name) I don't consider myself a Christian any more than Jesus considered himself one. I am far from perfect yet don't hide behind the Bible because of it (you know, not perfect just forgiven yada yada....) I am willing to listen to the atheist point of view without criticism or feeling persecuted.
Here's what I don't like. Deliberate misrepresentation, deliberate twisting of facts or knowingly lying through omission of facts.
Alan does remind people of what the Bible says. That's a fact. He also (in my opinion) also purposely lies, twists or deceives trough omission of verses to get his point across. I'm not ok with that. And I point THAT out to him and he just gets upset and calls me a typical Christian (insert his insult if the day here)
I listen, interact and discuss with atheists, agnostics, Christians, Moslems, wiccans, and others of all faiths and beliefs quite civilly.
If Alan has an issue with communication with others then its his own lack of social ability and not an issue with religiosity.
Good to make your acquaintance..
I am not fooled by folks who advertise "I'm not religious" and then say "I just try to follow Christ" and use phrases like "not perfect just forgiven."

You are indeed religious, and you are indeed a Christian, Al. Trying to deny it is silliness. Jesus is the 'hero figure' of Christian mythology, and everything you think or believe about Jesus derives from Christian mythology (or you just made up), which itself is derived from Judaic mythology and writings (such as songs) mixed with gnosticism and traditions of the so-called 'mystery religions' that were popular in ancient Rome.

You say you do not like deliberate misrepresentation, but you present yourself as a Christian who is neither religious or a Christian (!). I do not know whether you are embarrassed of your religion, whether you do not understand your religion and have concocted an elaborate delusion that you are trying to convince others of, whether you are an egotist who pretends to be "spiritual-er" than other Christians, whether you are too lazy to follow the dogma of your religion, or whether you are an unbeliever who is just afraid to admit so. Don't try to talk about not liking deliberate misrepresentation, though, when you make yourself an example of just that.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
How do you figure that?
Have you *ever* even watched Fox for an hour?
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. It's hilarious.
Sorry, dude; I do not believe you.

Who was it you watched?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Damn. You're right. Naming a few supposed liberal contributors means that fox truly is fair and balanced. Never mind their proven hard right bias, they have a few token liberals!
"Supposed liberals?" Unquestionably liberals. I know; I've seen them. You have not.

Feel free to prove Fox's "hard right bias." I'm still waiting.

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
HA HA!!
All y'all do is quote the Bible. That's it. That's not knowledge.
The Bible is indeed not knowledge in any way, I'm glad you at least recognise that.
I've always found it odd how Christians get offended when a nonbeliever quotes the Bible. Are you embarrassed by your holy book? Do you think that it is only understandable by a "secret club" of magical mystics that you have convinced yourself that you are a part of? I don't get it.

In reality, it is no different from me quoting the Epic of Gilgamesh or the Enuma elish and then being accused of believing in ancient Sumerian gods. I can tell you the story of Prometheus, but that does not mean I believe in Zeus. I can quote H.P. Lovecraft, but that does not mean I believe in Cthulhu.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Reverend Anal is the worst of atheists, he pretends to understand what the Bible says but understand none of it.
He's deluded, like most atheists, to think he understands what the Bible says.
This stems from your own delusion that "understanding" the Bible is some magical, mystical process. It is not difficult, does not require or involve magic, and doesn't make a person a mystic. It is Judeo-Christian mythology, nothing more.

In relation to mythology overall, the Bible is rather boring.

To actually believe in it, though, is an entirely different matter completely.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>I am not fooled by folks who advertise "I'm not religious" and then say "I just try to follow Christ" and use phrases like "not perfect just forgiven."
You are indeed religious, and you are indeed a Christian, Al. Trying to deny it is silliness. Jesus is the 'hero figure' of Christian mythology, and everything you think or believe about Jesus derives from Christian mythology (or you just made up), which itself is derived from Judaic mythology and writings (such as songs) mixed with gnosticism and traditions of the so-called 'mystery religions' that were popular in ancient Rome.
You say you do not like deliberate misrepresentation, but you present yourself as a Christian who is neither religious or a Christian (!). I do not know whether you are embarrassed of your religion, whether you do not understand your religion and have concocted an elaborate delusion that you are trying to convince others of, whether you are an egotist who pretends to be "spiritual-er" than other Christians, whether you are too lazy to follow the dogma of your religion, or whether you are an unbeliever who is just afraid to admit so. Don't try to talk about not liking deliberate misrepresentation, though, when you make yourself an example of just that.
Point taken. What I said is that I don't rely on the phrase "not perfect, just forgiven" I don't use it and I don't say it. No, I'm not an egotistic spiritualist nor am I lazy or delusional. I am however at a crossroads where I don't blindly follow what my religious leaders have told me. Some have said the world is 6000 years old, and I responded "you're kidding me right?!" some have told me that homosexuals are sick and in need of being cured. I responded by choosing to not participate in that dog and pony show of a "reformed" gay on stage with his new family. I felt angry at the Church for dehumanizing someone who I personally felt was trapped between who he was and trying to be who he thought the Church wanted him to be.

So forgive me if I don't fit your stereo typical image of a Christian. I'm not here to fit into your box and don't give a damn if it screws up every one else's perception of that "so called box"
I'm not here to fit into the Churches box either.

If there is any misrepresentation as you see it, its only simply because I'm trying to make real head or tails of Christ's message without the dogma.

Believe what you will. Your mind's probably made up anyway.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

" Those who are moved by ideology to waste their lives in extraordinary ways while doing intolerable harm to others in the process. Some of these belief systems are merely political, or otherwise secular, in that their aim is to bring about specific changes in this world. But the worst of these doctrines are religious—whether or not they are attached to a mainstream religion—in that they are informed by ideas about otherworldly rewards and punishments, prophecies, magic, and so forth, which are especially conducive to fanaticism and self-sacrifice.- See more at: http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/no-ordinar...

Does any of this apply to some of the religious who post on this forum? I think it does.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"Supposed liberals?" Unquestionably liberals. I know; I've seen them. You have not.
Feel free to prove Fox's "hard right bias." I'm still waiting.
Dig in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Are you really of the opinion that fox news is "fair and balanced?"

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
Point taken. What I said is that I don't rely on the phrase "not perfect, just forgiven" I don't use it and I don't say it. No, I'm not an egotistic spiritualist nor am I lazy or delusional. I am however at a crossroads where I don't blindly follow what my religious leaders have told me. Some have said the world is 6000 years old, and I responded "you're kidding me right?!" some have told me that homosexuals are sick and in need of being cured. I responded by choosing to not participate in that dog and pony show of a "reformed" gay on stage with his new family. I felt angry at the Church for dehumanizing someone who I personally felt was trapped between who he was and trying to be who he thought the Church wanted him to be.
So forgive me if I don't fit your stereo typical image of a Christian. I'm not here to fit into your box and don't give a damn if it screws up every one else's perception of that "so called box"
I'm not here to fit into the Churches box either.
If there is any misrepresentation as you see it, its only simply because I'm trying to make real head or tails of Christ's message without the dogma.
Believe what you will. Your mind's probably made up anyway.
Fair enough.

I suppose my only gripe would be that trying to separate "Christ's message" from Christianity is like trying to separate "Mohammed's message" from Islam - they are inherently tied to one another no matter how a person tries to justify otherwise. If one considers Jesus to be a "christ" and pays attention to "Christ's message" they are, simply put, a Christian.

It is not meant as derogatory, either, so don't think I am meaning it that way. I'm a literalist, hence my position on the matter.

If it makes any difference, I have many friends that are Christians, some of which take an approach similar to how you describe. I tell them the same thing I told you. We usually debate the matter, sometimes heated, make fun of each other, then party down and laugh about it all afterwards (I don't take myself as seriously as I often let on hahahaha...:).

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

I know libs hate Fox News because they talk about everything the libs don't want people to know. The same goes for radio guys like Limbaugh or Jon & Ken. Love those guys.
Anyone who uses the word "liberal" to refer to a political standpoint or a group of people liking/representing that political standpoint is using the word incorrectly. You have fallen into the habit of using "liberal" in the same way that people used to use the word "pinko" - you use the word for propaganda purposes only. The correct terminology is Right/Left or conservative/progressive.

People who don't like Fox News do not like it because it is biased and misinformative, plain and simple. Its president is a former right-wing propagandist whose prior career was media consultant, campaign consultant, and campaign ad designer for Republican presidents and presidential candidates. He wrote in the 1970s about creating a "news" station that would be the "voice of the GOP," and he designed the phrase "fair and balanced" as a propaganda slogan for TNV, the news network he worked for prior in order to try to hide the organizations's bias. In a 2003 court case in Florida's Second District Court of Appeals, Fox News' own attorneys argued that under the First Amendment, their broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort the news and did not deny that their broadcasters lie.
People who listen to news that purposely misinforms are themselves then misinformed, naturally. Avoidance of being misinformed is why people do not listen to Fox News. It has nothing to do with the dramatic scenario you suggested.

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
Are you really of the opinion that fox news is "fair and balanced?"
hahahaha how funny a thing to suggest. "Fair and balanced" is a propaganda slogan created for propaganda purposes.

Some people really believe that the Weekly World News is a legitimate news source, though, and that Batboy and P'lod the alien are real. Others believe that aliens are getting ready to attack. Other, I suppose, believe Fox News is fair and balanced.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't a sucking leech by nature be parasitic?
It would have been more effective to use a word other than "parasitical." Use a thesaurus next time.
<quoted text>Right, and wrong.
They were charged for violating the Lacey Act, with wood imported from Madagascar and from India. They agreed to a penalty of $300,000, relinquished the wood in question, and the criminal charges were then lifted.
They acknowledged their wrongdoing, silly.
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/August/12-...
<quoted text>You are breaking tradition here, Aura. Your posts usually end with a "new world order" doomsday scenario and something about Obama.
I'm still waiting for you to work in laser-eyed rabbit armies somewhere, you know...
Listen up you petrified Pile of pus filled puke....

"Wouldn't a sucking leech by nature be parasitic?"

Yeah it sicks worse to be like you, a sucker sucking on a sucker.

"They agreed to a penalty of $300,000, relinquished the wood in question, and the criminal charges were then lifted."

They were never charged doofus.

"They acknowledged their wrongdoing, silly."

No The CEO admitted they were in ignorance of how the DOJ interpreted Indian law, It violated no US law whatsoever, It was done without the knowledge of the the country in question and was clearly the misuse of laws, to target a political enemy.
The law was and extension of a poaching law that plants were added to to prevent foreign contractors from illegally cutting down trees and illegally deforesting the rain forests.

He was told the same wood would be legal if Indians would have run it through a sawmill, but this was unknown to the CEO.

http://www.policemisconduct.net/now-ignorance...

This is a classic example of how laws designed to catch bad people are twisted around to punish anyone for anything.
This is another reason why we don't need 20,000 pages of regulations added to the heath care system, nothing good will come from it.

It also makes you question why you need 30 agents to hold a factory a gunpoint to confiscate "illegal wood", This is a gross miscarriage of justice and clearly a political move by a thug who is using FED's to terrorize honest Americans.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/05/now-the-gibs...

Here is The Gibson Co. statement.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Feature...

"You are breaking tradition here, Aura. Your posts usually end with a "new world order" doomsday scenario and something about Obama."

Whether you like it, believe it, ignore it or put your head in the toilet to try and hide from it. That day is here, and has been coming for a long time, while all Presidents have been bullied resisted or influenced by it.
Obama is the first Captain Obvious Puppet of it.

So take your sht stained teeth and go gobble up some more pure Obama daddy brown logs, while you are reeling in you comfortable Obamacare hospital bed. You Liberal steamy pile of horsesht.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats what she calls it......
LOL yeah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>Tea party people are more patriotic? How do you figure? Jingoism is not patriotism. Being duped by fascist, corporate masters into oligarchy is not patriotism. Claiming love it or leave it with one president and then telling another to put down the Koran is not patriotism. Your bias is unsupported by facts.

Because I know some of them, there good people that feel quite strongly about their freedom to express this believe in both god and this country. I don't have to agree with them about every issue to recognize this brazenly apparent fact. I was in DC the day a million of them went to the White house. Though I was there on other business and was not present, one of my friends went.
If anything about him , I can say his belief in the "Tea Party"
is an irritation to me , because all he talks about is his belief in God and this country.

If that isn't patriotism, I'll go spit on my fathers marker that say's.

USMC, GYST,......... WWII, Korea, Vietnam.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>No, it sounds stupid.
Yes both were in fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect Fox News and I used to watch it every day. I just got sick n tired of all the bad news that every news station reports. They've got a full hour most of the time, all they talk about is negative bullshit for 55 minutes then talk about lighthearted stuff for a minute or two at the end.
Ugh I hate the news.
I know libs hate Fox News because they talk about everything the libs don't want people to know. The same goes for radio guys like Limbaugh or Jon & Ken. Love those guys.
<quoted text>
I think I can answer my own question; you have never watched Fox News. You may have seen that asswipe O'Reilly, but he's not a journalist, he's a commentator. The producers of Fox know the difference.
Remember Geraldo Rivera? Former attorney for the ACLU? He's a regular Fox contributor. Don't even *try* to call him a conservative. I watched him and O'Reilly come about *this close* to throwing actual blows one time, on-camera, over a difference of political opinion.
Have you ever seen Alan Colmes? Screaming liberal!! Also a Fox contributor.
Are you familiar with Juan Williams? He used to be a regular on NPR, until one day he exercised his First Amendment free speech and said that, after 9-11, quite honestly he felt kind of nervous when he saw people of obvious Arabic background getting on board the same plane as him. He voiced his concern, and thought maybe a pat-down for some of them might not be such a bad idea.
NPR fired him for that. Obviously, their support of free speech is only for those who support the Party line.
He's a Fox contributior now--and still just as liberal as ever.
I personally quit watching the news the day they won the court battle saying they can lie to you. It's only so much news..the rest is dramatized BS , with some sort of spin put on it.
If I want to know what happened I go to multi sources on the web.
But they have a good show it it interests you to hear some news, and get the latest spin-glamoriffic grapevine gossip.

Muncie, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
Listen up you petrified Pile of pus filled puke....
"Wouldn't a sucking leech by nature be parasitic?"
Yeah it sicks worse to be like you, a sucker sucking on a sucker.
I suggested to you to use a thesaurus. I see that didn't work out so well.
Aura Mytha wrote:
They were never charged doofus.
They were charged and paid the associated fine.
Aura Mytha wrote:
No The CEO admitted they were in ignorance of how the DOJ interpreted Indian law,
...which means they admitted to their wrongdoing.
You are starting to catch on.
Aura Mytha wrote:
It violated no US law whatsoever,
It violated the Lacey Act. I see you did not bother to read the case affidavit and are just making assumptions.
Aura Mytha wrote:
It was done without the knowledge of the the country in question and was clearly the misuse of laws, to target a political enemy.
You just explained how it was a use of the law, then said it was not a use of the law. Your confusion is getting the best of you again.
Aura Mytha wrote:
The law was and extension of a poaching law that plants were added to to prevent foreign contractors from illegally cutting down trees and illegally deforesting the rain forests.
Hence, this whole investigation we are talking about.
Aura Mytha wrote:
He was told the same wood would be legal if Indians would have run it through a sawmill, but this was unknown to the CEO.
...which means that Gibson was not fulfilling their legal responsibilities to understand national and international laws ... hence their wrongdoing and admission of wrongdoing.
Aura Mytha wrote:
http://www.policemisconduct.ne t/now-ignorance-foreign-law-is -apparently-no-excuse/
...this is a right-wing propaganda website founded by the Koch Brothers, associated with the extremist right-wing "Tea Party."
Aura Mytha wrote:
This is a classic example of how laws designed to catch bad people are twisted around to punish anyone for anything.
Your delusions are acting up again, Aura.
Aura Mytha wrote:
This is another reason why we don't need 20,000 pages of regulations added to the heath care system, nothing good will come from it.
So, you are saying that the Affordable Care Act is useless because some companies violate the Lacey Act?
Aura Mytha wrote:
It also makes you question why you need 30 agents to hold a factory a gunpoint to confiscate "illegal wood", This is a gross miscarriage of justice and clearly a political move by a thug who is using FED's to terrorize honest Americans.
...and to uphold laws that are in place to protect threatened species of plants. I know, I know, silly details ... always ruining your arguments.
Aura Mytha wrote:
http://www.aei-ideas.org/2013/ 05/now-the-gibson-guitar-raids -make-sense-it-was-on-the-poli tical-enemies-list/
Ah yes, a website of an organization ran by former G.W. Bush post appointees. In other words, yet another radical right-wing propaganda website.
Aura Mytha wrote:
Here is The Gibson Co. statement.
http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Feature...
So they find themselves the victims - how is this surprising?
Aura Mytha wrote:
Whether you like it, believe it, ignore it or put your head in the toilet to try and hide from it. That day is here, and has been coming for a long time, while all Presidents have been bullied resisted or influenced by it.
Obama is the first Captain Obvious Puppet of it.
So take your sht stained teeth and go gobble up some more pure Obama daddy brown logs, while you are reeling in you comfortable Obamacare hospital bed. You Liberal steamy pile of horsesht.
Yes!
Your infamous end-of-post rant of a new world order and Obama. You still have not worked in an evil army of laser-eyed rabbits. I'm starting to think you don't like my ideas, Aura.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 94,604
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 8 min Statistician 66
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 26 min Senecus 2,404
Why do Turkish men cheat (Aug '10) 27 min ladylove30 476
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 28 min andet1987 1,241
EX0-105 Exam answers to the test 38 min passokay123 1
Is A Race War Brewing? 38 min andet1987 9
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min confrinting with ... 538,578
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 44 min BenAdam 599,724
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr JudgeNJury 257,744
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Clearwater 173,252
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••