“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#664905 Oct 17, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>PLENTY is wrong with RR, as I know you know.
I just posted to him and you are correct- to a normal person with a normally functioning brain capable of full comprehension, what I said was completely clear.
So we know why it wasn't at all clear to RR.
And you are spot on as to growing up "to be" gay (the two words RR got stuck on) and what you say is exactly what I meant and you said it very well.
Thanks, Rev!
You are very welcome. It is nice to be working with you here.

I believe even the other Christians can see where RR is not quite right although not a one of them would admit it or try and help him by telling him to stop. If he can stop. He may not be able to stop what he is doing. Mostly because I am guessing he finds it cute and clever to keep throwing a clog into the works since he has nothing else with which to defend himself against the overwhelming evidence against all of his bronze aged beliefs.

I feel sorry for RR and the other loony tunes.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664906 Oct 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too George. I dropped my joint too George, just like you did....
That is your answer to the question, has anyone ever seen God's face?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664907 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!
Yer a hoot, Al.
You think ole Rev Anal is keeping score?
Clearly Al does not think. If he did he would come up with an answer as to why the Bible has thousands of contradictions which disqualify it as reliable and trustworthy.

And if the two of you were honest you would both admit that the Bible has thousands of contradictions which disqualify it as reliable and trustworthy; it is unreliable and untrustworthy.

Everyone knows it. So why lie about it?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664908 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute....
Are you saying that you don't like it when people twist your words??
Good. Now you know how it feels. Please stop doing it to me.
You have failed to provide any evidence that your words have been twisted RR.

Do you believe that people can accuse someone and because they are accused the accusation is accurate and true? Just because someone asserted it?

If I say you have green pointed ears does that make it true because I bothered to write it down?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664909 Oct 17, 2013
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you are an atheist.
And that makes you the smartest pew warmer in your whole entire church.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#664910 Oct 17, 2013
OCB wrote:
Give me one example where I have EVER twisted your words.
Yet another lie (for your Jesus....)
OCB wrote:
I KNOW what you were referring to,'TARD.
But that I posted that fable would most likely not bother Christine as she obviously understood why I posted it to you and it had NOTHING to do with talking animals, you fool.
Aesop never claimed that animals can REALLY talk; your STUPID bible does.
You really ARE dumb, aren't you?
And probably TOO dumb to actually know just how dumb you are.
But your stupidity is quite neck and neck with how smarmy and duplicitous you are.....

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Nine insults in one post.

You're getting to be very bothersome and boring.

OCB wrote:
Nine FACTS in one post.

---

Happy now?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#664911 Oct 17, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>This is like asking you to disprove elves.
Can you disprove the existence of elves? They are invisible according to those who believe in them, so keep that in mind.
(hint: you cannot disprove the existence of elves)
Since it is not possible for you to disprove the existence of elves, are you suggesting that the default position is to believe in elves?
Do you believe in elves, Hazem?
you are changing the subject my friend, we ae not talking about elves
where talking about god, that's what the atheists usually do, you throw questions and want us to do all the work, i want you to give me a single prof that god doesn't exist, it shouldn't be that hard
I have like a million profs that god exists.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664912 Oct 17, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly Al does not think. If he did he would come up with an answer as to why the Bible has thousands of contradictions which disqualify it as reliable and trustworthy.
And if the two of you were honest you would both admit that the Bible has thousands of contradictions which disqualify it as reliable and trustworthy; it is unreliable and untrustworthy.
Everyone knows it. So why lie about it?
I know, Anal. You're a legend in your own mind.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664913 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have (as usual for a religionist) provided nothing to prove your position.
Every body on earth is born an atheist. Anyone that ends up believing in any particular faith has been brainwashed.
No evidence whatsoever for your position means I win.
Christianity is like all other religions on earth....myth.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I can't see why the pew warmers object to the fact that we are all born Atheists or Non-theists and growing up around our parents and other people we acquire their beliefs almost like through osmosis.

We could say that none of us were born speaking English. We learned to speak English from growing up around people who spoke it.

In my case I grew up speaking one language at home and another because of what everyone around me spoke. I was not born with any language, just as Christians were not born with any religion. It is all learned.

We are all born with certain essential traits and a personality forms around them. Our personality develops just by being around other people and absorbing their manifestations. Something is ours and something is acquired. Why that upsets Christians so much is a mystery to me.

Perhaps because they all secretly know, but would never admit that if they had been born in a Muslim country they would be Muslims today and not Christians.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664914 Oct 17, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
butt hurt and begging him to quit deconstructing the bible, is a humorous desperation.
Good one. It is funny to me how Al is grasping for straws to find something to embarrass me with.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664915 Oct 17, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't see why the pew warmers object to the fact that we are all born Atheists or Non-theists and growing up around our parents and other people we acquire their beliefs almost like through osmosis.
We could say that none of us were born speaking English. We learned to speak English from growing up around people who spoke it.
In my case I grew up speaking one language at home and another because of what everyone around me spoke. I was not born with any language, just as Christians were not born with any religion. It is all learned.
We are all born with certain essential traits and a personality forms around them. Our personality develops just by being around other people and absorbing their manifestations. Something is ours and something is acquired. Why that upsets Christians so much is a mystery to me.
Perhaps because they all secretly know, but would never admit that if they had been born in a Muslim country they would be Muslims today and not Christians.
I can't help being a Christian. I was born this way.

O_o

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664916 Oct 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
We are also born without words, without knowledge and without being taught about morality. My question for you is: is being taught these things also brainwashing?
We are not born completely empty. Inside us is a brain that operates our breathing, our heart beat, food digestion etc. We all have essential characteristics, things we are good at or seem to have a knack for. And many things are learned.

Brainwashing is a pejorative Al. I don't like it that you refused to be honest here by pretending you didn't know that.

Children hear words and they repeat them. Later they may go to school and get a formal education. A formal education used to be very rare today almost everyone can read and write. Many in more than one language.

Morality is subjective. I lived in a country where if you insulted my mother I would be obligated to kill you, it would be the moral thing to do. But here in America if I killed you it would not be a moral thing to do.

There is an objective morality inside each one of us. But we do not hear or feel its presence any more as we are cut off from its influence in our lives. People with knowledge of our being unable to receive the influence of our objective conscience, or separated from it created stories that survive to this day on the earth, one of them is called The Fall of Man.

Things have been a dung heap ever since.

See Al, I do not blame you for not knowing right from wrong, it wasn't your fault. You do not hear objective right from wrong inside yourself because you do not know how to listen, instead all your "right and wrong" exists only in your personality, which means it was learned, where it depends on where you were born and who you grew up around. It is this subjective personality morality that rules the world to day and that is why the wars will continue and no one will ever agree with one another.

In communities where people have been trained to listen to their conscience and its influence fully permeates our entire being morality is the same for everyone regardless what their mamma and poppa told them.

You would call these communities Heaven.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664917 Oct 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Does this need to be explained to you for the umpteenth time?
It might be a good idea to make a note of the message number where RR was first explained something and instead of having to take the time to explain it again we could just write the message number down and he can go look it up and re-read it.

But to answer your question, yes, he needs it explained over and over and over.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#664918 Oct 17, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one. It is funny to me how Al is grasping for straws to find something to embarrass me with.
Not grasping Alan. Just showing you for the hateful hypocrite that you are..

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664919 Oct 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There are no contradictions in the bible. When it says something that sounds contradictory or even absurd, you just need to pray on it and let the holy ghost make sense of it to you.
Sometimes the bible seems to me as an enormous, long form koan. The difference is that koans are intentionally nonsensical.
Zhao Zhou prostrated and asked, "Where is my treasure?" Ma Zu answered, "Now that is asking me, is your own treasure. It has everything it needs; and it lacks nothing; its use is spontaneous. What for do you seek outside?" At that instant Zhao Zhou was awakened.

One would have to have made a connection to the higher parts of the emotional brain for that to make sense. I assert that Zhao Zhou understood completely what he was being told. The reason "we" do not understand what is being said is because we do not "listen" to what goes on inside ourselves and we do not "see" ourselves as we really are. We falsely believe we are complete and everything we can be, that no further evolution is possible for us as individuals. We look out through our eyes but we never look inside ourselves and if one wants to awaken like Zhao Zhou, we must create a "treasure" which is our attention which in modern people is like a leaf blown in the wind which is to say practically non-existent.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664920 Oct 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
*Sometimes the bible seems to me an enormous, long form koan. The difference is that koans are intentionally nonsensical.*
I think you are on to something here. In the same way that literal people can never understand a koan, literal Christians will never be able to understand the Bible because they do not know the language it was written in. And by language I do not mean Greek or Hebrew. Nor do they have the experience and knowledge necessary.

Knowledge and understanding as well as having the higher brain functions permeate the lower brain functions that we know of and use on a daily basis, is required for us to make sense of and understand a koan.

For someone wishing to become an objective Conscious being, someone wishing to complete his own personal evolution, and really what else could life be for, koans make perfect sense.

I have to agree with you completely, the Bible is a koan. Only a koan is not intentionally nonsensical but written in a special language that only evolved people can understand and make sense of. Physical, emotional and intellectual people will find koans non-nonsensical.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664921 Oct 17, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What's wrong with you?
LOL, perhaps we can start a new discussion and call it, What's Wrong With Waaasssuuup?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664922 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, did I miss it, or did you NOT provide any proofs for your position?
Christian keep trying to change the subject because they really have no answers.
Morality comes from the culture you live in, not necessarily the Bible. I don't believe a thing in the Bible, but I do truly understand whats been called the 'Golden Rule', a rule that most societies on earth seem to have recognized long long ago.
I live by this 'Golden Rule', and it has served me well for many decades
Being taught observable, testable, empirical, non-fallacious, facts is not brainwashing my friend, it is the passing along of our civilization and culture to new generations.
Without proofs, your myths are just that....myths
Nicely said, you certainly know our resident Christians quite well!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#664923 Oct 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text> Of course morality is learned. A baby is neither immoral or moral, the parents, society, family all teach the baby what to do and what not to do. And then the baby after some time becomes immoral or moral by others. We have to cultivate, educate our babies to move and become something within the society. Morality is imposed upon us, no doubt about that.
Gee Al, wouldn't it be nice if parents taught their children how to get in touch with something objective inside themselves, to guide them in what is right and wrong? I call it the Objective Conscience, it is what you would call the Spirit of the Holy Ghost.

What ever it is called, modern people are not receiving its influence and that is why no one can agree with one another about what is right and wrong. All right and wrong is learned in the personality from being around sleeping insane people.

And then people wonder why there are wars.
NewsYTube

Marietta, GA

#664924 Oct 17, 2013

ANTICHRIST & ISRAEL at table in negotiations --

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min The Silver Wolf 609,822
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 270,117
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 579,061
Israel End is Near 10 min Someone 29
damaged mo 24 min kathleen shaffer 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min Seentheotherside 1,972
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 36 min Freebird USA 9,240
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 97,987
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 176,207
More from around the web