Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#665016 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know that everything does not come at once. Some things take longer than others because of the complexity.
In past times many people said we would never be able to fly, go to other planets, and a whole host of other things....but we did all of them.
We are working on the problem and I believe we will be successful in the future. But that is just my opinion of course.
I agree with you.

Our ability to create only brings is closer to our Creator.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665017 Oct 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
No, after "the act" biology took over. The sperm did its thing, the egg did its thing, then I was formed and I grew and was then born.
There was no divine intervention - just simple biology.
What you call biology I call creation.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665018 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
But all the references to Jesus were probably written by someone with a self interest in him being real. And of course the amount of Google hits does not predicate reality.
Philo left many writings behind, we don't have ANY written words of Jesus. Did he (if real) know how to write I wonder.
You haven't proven the existence of Philo. You've only referenced a reference to a reference.

How do you really know that Philo existed? How do you know that his writings were really his and not stolen from someone else and gifted to Philo and that information is lost to history?

The answer is, you don't know. You've accepted what you've read and what you've been taught and you agree with the idea that Philo was a real man that really wrote. You believe his words are his own.

Just like I believe the words ascribed to Jesus were His.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665019 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, my search for Philo returned 14,100,000 results.
Jesus returned 485,000,000
I asked you to prove that Philo existed and you linked to wiki and to this site as 'proof';

http://www.britannica.com/search...

It says "61 items".

Use the same 'proof' of Philo and search for Jesus instead:

It says "1041 items".

You'll use britannica to prove Philo but ignore it to prove Jesus, even though there's 17 times more data about Jesus on that very site.

Go figure.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#665020 Oct 17, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I must say your imitation of a "freethinking" intellectual is of a very high caliber, but I must point out that there are certain factory stampings still visible displaying where such ability was manufactured. I would suggest you get a polishing cloth and plenty of compound and endeavor to remove those stamps. It would enhance the depth of your polish. Give you more lustre.
The lack of clarity and specifics leads me to believe that you need to stop and gather your thoughts first next time.
Dave Nelson wrote:
You make some astute observations, but your programming shows, which means you haven't dissociated yourself enough from the action/reaction and ideology of the process you went through to really get into the nitty gritty of existence and the deeper designs built into it. The difference between a detached observer and a thrall.
There are no "designs built" into anything, Dave.
You are experiencing apophenia.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#665021 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your proof?
Ok, do a search for Philo, you get 61 results.
Do a search for Jesus, you get 1,041 results.
That means there's more proof of Jesus than Philo, but you still don't believe Jesus existed....
Imagine that.
Really? Only I found thousands of links to Philo.

Did you perhaps spell it wrong?

Muncie, IN

#665022 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
becoming an atheist after being a christian is the first step to be a Muslim, because you found Christianity full of non-sense, it was manipulated and most of the scriptures were lost in translation from language to language, the holy trinity will never make sense to anyone.
Islam is as ignorant and short-sighted as Christianity, Hazem.

Have you ever noticed that since the advent of psychology and the identification of mental illness, there have been no "prophets"? It is quite possible that what we call schizophrenics and the mentally ill today were in past times called prophets by societies who had absolutely no concept whatsoever of mental illness.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665023 Oct 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Only I found thousands of links to Philo.
Did you perhaps spell it wrong?
On the britannica site that he linked?! You found thousands??

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#665024 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call biology I call creation.
What you call creation, every doctor and scientist on the planet calls biology.

Muncie, IN

#665025 Oct 17, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
just a cpl things, pal:
to your statements - "Every body on earth is born an atheist" i might agree and add that's precisely why Jesus said "you must be born again"
This is something that was popular with the Roman Mysteries (cults) from the days in which Christianity formed. Essentially, the inductee went through some sort of ritual "cleansing" with water or blood to become closer to the god being worshiped. The ritual was absorbed by Christianity, and is not unique to Christianity. Virtually no aspect of Christianity is unique or original to the religion.
waaasssuuup wrote:
"No evidence whatsoever for your position means I win" - when in your mind you "win" arguments against the historical accounts of Christ, you more accurately lose the salvation afforded to you thereby.
There are no "historical accounts of Christ."
None whatsoever.
Funny that your religious "faith" is so fragile that you are reduced to lying in order to reinforce it.
waaasssuuup wrote:
"Christianity is like all other religions on earth" - in fact, Christianity is opposite all other religions, in that in all others one must work to appease god based on an ambigious merit system and penance. however in Christianity, God came to us to do what we failed to do for Him.
The Mysteries, including the religions centered around worship of Mithras, Dionysus, Attis, and others, are what Christianity arose from (as well as Gnostic and Judaic traditions). The story in the New Testament copies many details of those other religions' stories, just like the Old Testament copies stories from pre-existing mythology. Christianity incorporated these traditions to likely attract more adherents since the rituals and celebrations were the same.
Christianity is one of the least original religions in history.
Your inability to recognize that is a result of your own ignorance. Ignorance is the foremost foundation of your religion.
waaasssuuup wrote:
this deal couldn't be any better, friend, and you're only opposing yourself when fighting against your advocate, Jesus:-)
You make it clear that your religious belief stems from a selfish desire to get some "deal." Thank you for making the example of how greed is another foundation of your religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665026 Oct 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
What you call creation, every doctor and scientist on the planet calls biology.
So what?

Is that supposed to mean something?

Muncie, IN

#665027 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I asked you to prove that Philo existed and you linked to wiki and to this site as 'proof';
It says "61 items".
Use the same 'proof' of Philo and search for Jesus instead:
It says "1041 items".
You'll use britannica to prove Philo but ignore it to prove Jesus, even though there's 17 times more data about Jesus on that very site.
Go figure.
Let me get this straight.

You think that an article entitled "Portuguese literature" proves the existence of Jesus? Or, is it the article entitled "Rock and theatre"? Those are items in the query for Jesus that you submitted that you are equating to proof of some sort.

An article on rock music in theatre being proof of Jesus' existence is probably one of the weirdest things I've heard. You are funny, RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#665028 Oct 17, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Let me get this straight.
You think that an article entitled "Portuguese literature" proves the existence of Jesus? Or, is it the article entitled "Rock and theatre"? Those are items in the query for Jesus that you submitted that you are equating to proof of some sort.
An article on rock music in theatre being proof of Jesus' existence is probably one of the weirdest things I've heard. You are funny, RR.
You missed the point.

I'm not surprised.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#665029 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
On the britannica site that he linked?! You found thousands??
Good grief, you limit yourself to ONE site?

Shazzbat, no wonder you're so narrow-witted.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#665030 Oct 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Well 200,000 years of evolution and God are two seperate things. One is evolution the other is creationism. In your statement you inferred (at least as I understood it)that God created apes (or ape like hominids) and then wated 200,000 years for them to evolve before speaking to them. Putting those two together is like trying to force square pegs into round holes.
Hey, I can't argue that some of those older rules don't make sense today. Many of those 613 Mitvoth Commandments have been done away with with Jesus sacrifice although some still remain as symbolic gestures today.
About those Dark Ages...... cause and effect in history are too complicated to say things like "Christianity caused the Dark Ages."
There were pockets of Europe where learning was preserved and even advanced significantly. There were places where things really did regress a few hundred years. There were biological pandemics. It was a dynamic period during which Christianity was certainly not uniform in its conception, practice, or influence. Christianity cannot be held entirely to blame even though some blame must be levled at the Church or rather some of the Church that did do atrocious things during those times should NOT be held blameless.
You write:
"Well 200,000 years of evolution and God are two seperate things. One is evolution the other is creationism."

Trying to show the dichotomy between know fact and faith.

You write:
"In your statement you inferred (at least as I understood it)that God created apes (or ape like hominids) and then wated 200,000 years for them to evolve before speaking to them. Putting those two together is like trying to force square pegs into round holes."

Again dichotomy between fact and myth. I'm sorry if I somehow mislead to to think I think god created the apes. We now know that we and some great apes, chimps, and Bonobos share common ancestry and we know that humans carry some small percentage of Neanderthal blood.genes....and we share common ancestry there.

You write:
"Hey, I can't argue that some of those older rules don't make sense today. Many of those 613 Mitvoth Commandments have been done away with with Jesus sacrifice although some still remain as symbolic gestures today.

You can't see the crazy human DNA that saturates those Biblical 'rules' purely human....no god involved??? They didn't make sense in their day either.

Hell during the 'Dark-Ages' humanity even lost the recipe for cement. It wasn't rediscovered until the 1800's. The Christians may have even burned the famous Alexandrian Library of ancient times....really really bad mojo.

It wasn't till the 'Enlightenment'(Age of Reason c.1600's) that the church started losing it's evil and very cruel power over humanity.

The church continues to be out of sync with humanity, as usual.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#665031 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I think it's learned.
You think this in spite of all evidence to the contrary. Do you think you could start being attracted to men if it all of the sudden it was socially "required" to be gay? I know I couldn't. So what force could possibly be responsible for people "choosing" to be gay?

Location hidden

#665032 Oct 17, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Zhao Zhou prostrated and asked, "Where is my treasure?" Ma Zu answered, "Now that is asking me, is your own treasure. It has everything it needs; and it lacks nothing; its use is spontaneous. What for do you seek outside?" At that instant Zhao Zhou was awakened.
One would have to have made a connection to the higher parts of the emotional brain for that to make sense. I assert that Zhao Zhou understood completely what he was being told. The reason "we" do not understand what is being said is because we do not "listen" to what goes on inside ourselves and we do not "see" ourselves as we really are. We falsely believe we are complete and everything we can be, that no further evolution is possible for us as individuals. We look out through our eyes but we never look inside ourselves and if one wants to awaken like Zhao Zhou, we must create a "treasure" which is our attention which in modern people is like a leaf blown in the wind which is to say practically non-existent.
Not all koans are meant to be nonsensical. In some traditions they are meant to be, in others they are not.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#665033 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
Is that supposed to mean something?
Nope, just a fact.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#665034 Oct 17, 2013
I'll try.

Location hidden

#665035 Oct 17, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are on to something here. In the same way that literal people can never understand a koan, literal Christians will never be able to understand the Bible because they do not know the language it was written in. And by language I do not mean Greek or Hebrew. Nor do they have the experience and knowledge necessary.
Knowledge and understanding as well as having the higher brain functions permeate the lower brain functions that we know of and use on a daily basis, is required for us to make sense of and understand a koan.
For someone wishing to become an objective Conscious being, someone wishing to complete his own personal evolution, and really what else could life be for, koans make perfect sense.
I have to agree with you completely, the Bible is a koan. Only a koan is not intentionally nonsensical but written in a special language that only evolved people can understand and make sense of. Physical, emotional and intellectual people will find koans non-nonsensical.
Some koans are intentionally nonsensical. You aren't meant to "get" them as such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 650,262
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min Life in Leyland 445,912
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 56,022
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min karl44 106,064
what color panties are you guys wearing????????... 1 hr str8npanty 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,943
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,325
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web