Comments
630,181 - 630,200 of 733,694 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#664501 Oct 15, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
You just said he doesn't understand you because he lives in the real world, and you don't.
<quoted text>
See what I mean? Your imaginary "savior" is your master, so therefore you are its slave. You like being a slave, don't you?
I prefer freedom.
<quoted text>
Yes--the one outside of your warped and hate-filled imagination.
i'm love-filled, hon, but all i seem to be getting from you in return is hate:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#664502 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
We go back to wherever we were before we were born. I don't know where that is, and I'm comfortable with that because I don't seem to have been terribly inconvenienced by my previous locale.
You want people to suffer and burn for not believing in your god of hate and lies. How sick is that?
i wish the best for you, as i've stated it many-o time. however, you'll end up getting what you deserve if/when you refuse the gift of righteousness through faith in The Son.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#664503 Oct 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
calling people "phony hypocrite fraud NoBrainsjust@sshole and FAKER" isn't all that nice either, but i'm able to forgive you in in hopes of keeping an open door for debate. have a nice day!:)
Try to quit using stupid words- and made up words, no less- such as "gaytheist".

You see, those of us who KNOW there is NOTHING wrong with being gay find it offensive and we also find it offensive because we KNOW you are using it as an insult and a slur because you mistakenly think there IS something wrong with being gay.

What is wrong is that there is something very seriously wrong with YOU.

Seek the help you think you are here to provide to others.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#664504 Oct 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
says the person who's been raised as a 5th generation witch to a person who's abandoned the paganism of his forefathers and has been suffering misunderstandings and persecutions ever since.....
You so-called Christians always get around to playing the "persecution" card.....

How pathetic.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#664505 Oct 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Says the christian who won't even follow his own "savior's" rules.
the "rule" of my Savior is "to believe on the One whom God sent" -Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#664506 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
F*ck off and die
It's a lovely sentiment...
<quoted text>
At least I'm not wishing eternal damnation and burning agony on anyone, like you christians do. You even want to watch.
you wish eternal extinction on everyone while Jesus and i only wish Eternal Life......

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#664507 Oct 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
You are a extremely daft and dishonest person and this is my last response to you.
"Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have." - Davy Crockett
"Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of a day. But a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers (administrations), too plainly proves a deliberate systematic plan of reducing us to slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
"A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks." - John C. Calhoun, Vice President June 27, 1836
"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our mis-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for [another ]... til the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression." - Thomas Jefferson
"What constitutes the bulwark of our own liberty and independence? It is not our frowning battlements, our bristling seacoasts, the guns of our war steamers, or the strength of our gallant and disciplined army. These are not our reliance against a resumption of tyranny in our fair land. All of them may be turned against our liberties, without making us stronger or weaker for the struggle. Our reliance is in the love of liberty which God has planted in our bosoms. Our defense is in the preservation of the spirit which prizes liberty as the heritage of all men, in all lands, everywhere. Destroy this spirit, and you have planted the seeds of despotism around your own doors. Familiarize yourselves with the chains of bondage, and you are preparing your own limbs to wear them. Accustomed to trample on the rights of those around you, you become the fit subjects of the first cunning tyrant who rises." - Abraham Lincoln
Simply posting quotes from others does not illustrate an understanding on your part, nor does it make your fantasies any more real.

You are still stuck either denouncing the Fire Department due to your fundamentalism, or you are left contradicting your previous arguments and backpedaling. You refuse to apply the same logic to the Fire Department that you do to the Affordable Care Act, simply because you realize the flaws in your logic and do not want to admit such a thing.

Therefore, you use avoidance techniques such as this, posting a wall of quotes from others because your own words just end up being a vortex of confusion.

Muncie, IN

#664508 Oct 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
They will fine you also for starting a fire even if accidentally , but all these things are consequences, it's not like you are going to get fined for doing nothing. Which is exactly what we are talking about here. Getting fined for doing nothing and breaking no law in not doing it. Which is what they did to the Gibson factories costing him millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
...nothing wrong ... except, of course, that little matter of illegally importing rare, endangered ebony from Madagascar.

Silly details, always messing up your arguments.

Muncie, IN

#664509 Oct 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
I don't think anything besides the fact that your straw-man arguments wont solve the deadlock in Washington, make me agree with you , fix the economy , stop the recession or achieve any victory over anything. In fact all it will do is prove this country is divided, and there will probably never be an agreement between you and I, or them up there.
Good night and.... god bless you
More importantly, it shows how there is a portion of the US population is guided by ideology and ideology only. You have clearly illustrated how when that ideology is compared to reality, it falls apart very quickly.

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

Dagenham, UK

#664510 Oct 15, 2013
i am a saint with special powers
yeah gods exist its no bigee.

“GOD OF ALL”

Dagenham, UK

#664511 Oct 15, 2013
love can happen
between a man and a god
its rare these days
what with all the desperate women
selling their sex for free -
but it can happen yes.

“GOD OF ALL”

Dagenham, UK

#664512 Oct 15, 2013
"can a man love something
other than his self?"
of course he can.
take the price of meat out of the equation
then ask that question again,
the answer would be somewhat different,
i woud not be so sure.

Muncie, IN

#664513 Oct 15, 2013
True Truth wrote:
If the government is not charging tax and promoting free trade, then that is a saving while toll roads are an expense. It is just an expense shift. It means that if you are an employee for someone, but you want to start a courier business that uses the roads, you'll have to factor tolls as an expense. If you are poor, then you shall have to save up a bit more before starting your business.
"Save up a bit more" from where? Your entire argument here rests on the idea that people have access to wealth from which to build their own wealth, which is simply not the case for most people in the US. The system you described is one that allows for incredible opportunities for the wealthy, and a "too bad for you!" attitude to those not born into wealth. In a country like the UAE with such a small population and the world's seventh-largest reserves of oil, though, wealth is much more readily available, a factor you are purposely ignoring.
True Truth wrote:
This "think of the children" attitude, while very rosy and humanity loving in the short term, is highly vulnerable to abuse and does nothing more than spoil the psychology of the population in the long term.
It has always intrigued me how the religiose are so quick to be uncaring towards those with less resources, despite at the same time claiming a moral superiority and obligation.

The system in the US has been damaged by irresponsible tax breaks for the folks with the most resources, hence the problems we are currently facing. The system is vulnerable to abuse, you are right, such abuse is more likely to occur when regulations that provide checks and balances are eliminated (i.e. deregulation).
True Truth wrote:
Society develops a childish scavenger attitude. No ambition, no sense of responsibility.[edited for length]
Do you get my point? There is no sense of responsibility, or family planning, of looking ahead, of ambition for a better life through hard work and responsible financial practice.
Here, though, you used a small subset of the population to serve as exemplary of society overall.
Are people going to abuse the system? Sure they are. What you are suggesting is that people in need be denied access to resources because of the irresponsible behavior of someone else who abused the system.
On top of that, you are assuming that folks with less resources are just lazy, which is simply not true.
True Truth wrote:
Now in Arabia, a bedouin arab lives nomadically. Highly vulnerable, no education despite good access to education. If his children are sick, he may have to watch them die. That is the life he chose. It sounds very terrible, but that is the basic principle of controlling ones life. If he doesn't want that life for his kids, he could've made it his ambition to educate them, to provide food and be able to afford health services, that his children have a better, more promising life.
Well, we have fundamentalist parents in the US who do not educate their children and deny them basic medical access too - but they or the Bedouins you are talking about are a terrible model to base the rest of society off of.
Again, what you are suggesting brings up serious ethical dilemmas.
True Truth wrote:
Just as we outgrow our parents care, we have to strive to outgrow the governments care. The government is our partner, not our parent or saviour.
Everyone depends on the government in one way or another. Some like to pretend that is not the case, though. For instance, some people get education in public institutions, be they schools or universities - that are funded by government monies - but yet denounce government assistance. Some people drive on roads made possible by government through taxes, but turn around and say they don't depend on government and denounce taxes. There are many more examples.

It is an inability to realize the help one has been given, instead feeling entitled to such.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#664514 Oct 15, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:

I learned long long ago that you will never admit that your apologetics are apologetics and that apologetics are all lies.
Because I know they're not lies.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#664515 Oct 15, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>...nothing wrong ... except, of course, that little matter of illegally importing rare, endangered ebony from Madagascar.
Silly details, always messing up your arguments.
Silly details, you parasitical sucking leech and trolling sycophant SOB.

They were never charged with anything, and were cleared by the DOJ of any wrongdoing.

Quit posting to me, I detest lying brainless bobble headed serial idiots, and mealy mouthed straw man designing dis-information junkies. You haven't had a word of truth come out of ever.

Location hidden

#664516 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Wrong.
Being strong and being agile are totally different things.
OCB wrote:
Sigh....I KNOW they're different things.
Different things about one's physical being and one's physical body.
Then you should understand that generally speaking, men have superior strength than women and women have superior agility than men.

I think you're taking it too personally.

Location hidden

#664517 Oct 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I knew that was gonna be your non-clever retort.
I expect nothing more from you, RR.
You know the point I was making; there are times when more physical strength can be a detriment and a disadvantage. Therefore, it is wrong to say that more physical strength means one is superior to one of less physical strength.
A tiger's strength is no detriment.

They don't hunt clams.

Location hidden

#664518 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Naw, blood is cool.
Just not in a place you like to eat.
River Tam wrote:
It doesn't bother me :)
Seriously?

*quivers*

Location hidden

#664519 Oct 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:

You are white trash.
You are brown trash.

Location hidden

#664520 Oct 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
What you are is white trash.
So you're a racist, too?

Good to know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 min Naveen kumar 5,352
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Patrick 226,503
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Freebird USA 173,299
do right by your woman 9 min pusherman_ 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Epiphany2 600,142
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 50 min yon 2,514
00971527721611 body to body massage full body m... 57 min COCO 3
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr JUDEletePete 118,091
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr hojo 539,402
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 hr Tiffany 107
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search