Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#664983 Oct 17, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea how many of you pew warmers have waltzed in here asking the same stupid question in the last 600,000 posts?
I will be happy to prove to you that there is no such thing as God and I will be happy to do so just as soon as you are finished posting your proof that such a being actually exists.
before giving you profs ,allow me to answer your question with another question,
So basically you believe that the universe came out of nothing?! so you believe that something can come out of nothing ?!
so you are a believer without you knowing it, because we believe that the creator is infinite, he came out of nothing no one created him, he is the first and the last.
and now since we are already here as humans, what is the purpose of
life ?!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#664984 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
allow me to answer your question with another question,
So basicly you believe that the universe came out of nothing?! so you believe that something can come out of nothing ?!
so you are a believer without you knowing it, because we believe that the creator is infinite, he came out of nothing no one created him, he is the first and the last.
Oh, this is disappointing.

You said you had "thousands" of "proofs" of god's existence and when asked for just one...you don't answer?

Again, please provide one bit of verifiable proof that a god exists.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#664985 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
So basicly you believe that the universe came out of nothing?! so you believe that something can come out of nothing ?!
My friend you are doing what ALL religious people do....they obfuscate and reply to their own lack of proofs by redirecting the conversation.

If you would answer the original question first, it will show that you are above that kind of manipulation

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#664986 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Again a smokescreen and not forwarding any proofs....nothing but talking around the subject.
Jesus requires allegiance and all the preachers tell me I must do good works and tow the line.
Are you SURE that Jesus even existed?
"Philo, a prolific Jewish writer who lived from 20 BCE to 50 CE, wrote extensively about the political and theological movements throughout the Mediterranean, and his views foreshadowed Christian theology, yet he never once wrote anything about Jesus. Not only this, but he actually wrote about political conflicts between the Jews and Pontius Pilate in Judea
http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/jesus_...
I don't 'seek'salvation' or even regognize that it's some kind of Christian voodoo. All religions are wack.
I suppose you can prove this "Philo" exised, yes?

Go.

Evolution is true.....

#664987 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
before giving you profs ,allow me to answer your question with another question,
So basically you believe that the universe came out of nothing?! so you believe that something can come out of nothing ?!
and now since we are already here as humans, what is the purpose of
life ?!
You write:
"because we believe that the creator is infinite, he came out of nothing no one created him, he is the first and the last."

This makes no logical sense and is just as bad as our story of the universe coming from the 'Big Bang'

You can't have it both ways my friend.

Evolution is true.....

#664988 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo

You're stalling on the original question. Doing what all Christians do when asked for proofs.

Evolution is true.....

#664989 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go.
Also: http://www.britannica.com/search...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664990 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo
You're stalling on the original question. Doing what all Christians do when asked for proofs.
HAHA!!

A link to Wiki is "proof" of Philo?!

O_o

Shall I post a link to Wiki with Jesus? Will you then be a believer? I mean, if your criteria is Wiki......

Location hidden

#664991 Oct 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you had "thousands" of "proofs" of god's existence and when asked for just one...you don't answer?
Alright I will give you some stories about the previous nations who didnt believe in God
1) When Abraham said, "My Lord is the one who gives life and causes death," he said, "I give life and cause death." Abraham said, "Indeed, Allah brings up the sun from the east, so bring it up from the west." Can anyone of you non Believers bring the sun up from the west instead from the east ?!!

2)were you created by nothing, or were you the creators of yourselves ?!!
3) Have not god made the earth a resting place? And the mountains as stakes?, And god created you in pairs And made your sleep [a means for] rest And made the night as clothing And made the day for livelihood And constructed above you seven strong [heavens] And made [therein] a burning lamp, And sent down from the rain clouds, pouring water That god may bring forth thereby grain and vegetation
And gardens of entwined growth ..??!!

I would Say ...Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon, I would say
God perfected everything which He created and began the creation of man from clay.

4)God created you from one soul. Then He made from it its mate, and He produced for you from the grazing livestock eight mates. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses.

Maybe after we discuss these points I can put some more profs of God's power.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664992 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
That's your proof?

Ok, do a search for Philo, you get 61 results.

Do a search for Jesus, you get 1,041 results.

That means there's more proof of Jesus than Philo, but you still don't believe Jesus existed....

Imagine that.

Location hidden

#664993 Oct 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend you are doing what ALL religious people do....they obfuscate and reply to their own lack of proofs by redirecting the conversation.
If you would answer the original question first, it will show that you are above that kind of manipulation
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright I will give you some stories about the previous nations who didnt believe in God
1) When Abraham said, "My Lord is the one who gives life and causes death," he said, "I give life and cause death." Abraham said, "Indeed, Allah brings up the sun from the east, so bring it up from the west." Can anyone of you non Believers bring the sun up from the west instead from the east ?!!

3) Have not god made the earth a resting place? And the mountains as stakes?, And god created you in pairs And made your sleep [a means for] rest And made the night as clothing And made the day for livelihood And constructed above you seven strong [heavens] And made [therein] a burning lamp, And sent down from the rain clouds, pouring water That god may bring forth thereby grain and vegetation

I would Say ...Blessed is He who has placed in the sky great stars and placed therein a [burning] lamp and luminous moon, I would say
God perfected everything which He created and began the creation of man from clay.

4)God created you from one soul. Then He made from it its mate, and He produced for you from the grazing livestock eight mates. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers, creation after creation, within three darknesses.

Location hidden

#664994 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
1) The sun doesn't "come up" - the earth rotates and the sun's light and heat impacts different longitudes as the earth rotates. Please show how the earth rotating proves a god's existence.

2) I was created by my parents. They had sex and...well, hopefully you know the rest. Please show how a baby being born proves a god's existence.

3) Yes, the earth exists and everything on earth exists. Please show the proof that a god created it all.

3a) Really? Man was made from clay? Please prove it.

4) What the ever loving f#ck is that?

AGAIN - you stated you had thousands of "proofs" of a god's existence.

We're all still waiting...

Evolution is true.....

#664995 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe after we discuss these points I can put some more proofs of God's power.
I don't know about the rest of the atheists on here, but I think you have not provided one iota of proof.

Worst 'proofs' I have encountered in over 50 years of searching.

Mr. Salawi your Koran (just like our Bible) is proof of nothing.... and I mean that in the kindest way.

Evolution is true.....

#664996 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Still waiting and expecting some kind of proofs from you.:-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664997 Oct 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
1) The sun doesn't "come up" - the earth rotates and the sun's light and heat impacts different longitudes as the earth rotates. Please show how the earth rotating proves a god's existence.
2) I was created by my parents. They had sex and...well, hopefully you know the rest. Please show how a baby being born proves a god's existence.
3) Yes, the earth exists and everything on earth exists. Please show the proof that a god created it all.
3a) Really? Man was made from clay? Please prove it.
4) What the ever loving f#ck is that?
AGAIN - you stated you had thousands of "proofs" of a god's existence.
We're all still waiting...
How 'bout just #2?

Your parents did not create you. They did the act necessary, but God took it over from there.

One thing you should recognize is that through all of man's great achievments, we cannot create life. Still. We can go to the moon, create clones, instant communication around the globe, etc but we can't do what seems as simple as "my parents created me" and create a life.

Evolution is true.....

#664998 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout just #2?
Your parents did not create you. They did the act necessary, but God took it over from there.
One thing you should recognize is that through all of man's great achievments, we cannot create life. Still. We can go to the moon, create clones, instant communication around the globe, etc but we can't do what seems as simple as "my parents created me" and create a life.
You should know that everything does not come at once. Some things take longer than others because of the complexity.

In past times many people said we would never be able to fly, go to other planets, and a whole host of other things....but we did all of them.

We are working on the problem and I believe we will be successful in the future. But that is just my opinion of course.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#664999 Oct 17, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide one.
Just one will do.
One that all can agree to and accept?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#665000 Oct 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking about that NASL.
No, the Bible does not list which texts are inspiration and which are not. The Bible does however contain many passages in which the authors claim divine inspiration for their message, or report the effects of such inspiration with sayings like "So the LORD Sayeth...." 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Pet 1:20–21, 1 Kgs 12:22–24, 1 Chr 17:3–4, Jer 35:13, Ezek 2:4, Zech 7:9 and so forth.
It's my understanding that the Roman Catholic Church holds the Bible as inspired by God, but does not view God as the direct author of the Bible.
I know that in all the Churches that I've attended, we have been told that the Bible is the word of God and is infallible EVEN when written by humans as dictated by God.
So back to your question "Please state where "God" has specifically stated which texts are "of his inspiration and which are not" I can't honestly say, Translation is a funny thing. Stuff gets lost and stuff gets picked up. It must be remembered that the Old Testament was written originally by, to and for Jews. The words and idioms must have been intelligible to them - just as the words of Christ when talking to them must have been. The majority of the New Testament likewise was written in a mash of Greco-Roman (and to a lesser extent Jewish) culture and it is important to not impose our modern usage into our interpretation. It is not worth much to interpret a great many phrases and histories if one's interpretations are colored by pre-conceived notions, cultural biases, thereby inadvertantly changing the actual meaning.
So how DO you make sure you are following God? What I do is to study the Bible, study the words. Define the terms and then keep to the terms defined. I look at how the words were used. What were the meaning of the words and what was the context. What was the tone of the life and society of the times in which the Scripture was written. I then Pray and reflect on what that means to me and how all those facts reflect together. I try my best at times but even I get stumped at times.
So Al....based upon your last paragraph, you are not a "Christian", right? Just another believer in a Supreme Being that you don't know if it is real or not?

Through honesty, I could actually state that you are in fact an Agnostic, because in TRUTH, you really don't know if "God" exists or not.

It is completely different to believe such, but when truth comes around, no one truly knows of this "eternal entity" or if one every existed.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#665001 Oct 17, 2013
hazem selawi wrote:
<quoted text>
atheists dont believe in nothing from something
I think universe always existed in some other form,and is part of multiverse which has no begining and no end.

gods are only inventions of primitive ancient people who knew nothing

www.godchecker.com

Location hidden

#665002 Oct 17, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
One that all can agree to and accept?
Yes, that's generally what "proof" means.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min WasteWater 18,090
Testing. 1 hr ImPeach 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Gods r Delusion x... 684,018
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Tony 6,423
getting pregnant by much older man 9 hr George Justapose 5
Amazon's Jeff Bezzos worth 90 BILLION DOLLARS??! 9 hr George Justapose 2
Derrick Rose coming to Cavaliers REAL Class Act... 9 hr George Justapose 4
More from around the web