Since: May 10

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664848 Oct 16, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
In the words of T-town clown
"You're ___"
That's understandable......
Whatever happened to ol' T-Town, anyway? I kinda miss that muddy little fur ball.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#664849 Oct 16, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text> Of course morality is learned. A baby is neither immoral or moral, the parents, society, family all teach the baby what to do and what not to do. And then the baby after some time becomes immoral or moral by others. We have to cultivate, educate our babies to move and become something within the society. Morality is imposed upon us, no doubt about that.
I don't know if I would use the word imposed, but yes, a lot of morality is learned behavior. Some of it is also innate - we are naturally empathetic for instance. Some think that the tendency to be altruistic is also an innate behavior. But I agree, much of it is learned.

That doesn't make moral instruction brainwashing though. I would not teach my kids that they must accept my personal moral code or go to hell, and I would not disown my children for choosing a different path than my own. I'm not saying that you are "guilty" of these things, but some people are. But this is why moral instruction is not the same thing as religious instruction - most children are not taught that to see things a bit differently, morally speaking, is to be categorically wrong, perhaps even evil.

Additionally, moral thought does not take place in a vacuum - I would say that a big part of learning to be a truly moral human being is the process creating a framework based on the most important things (respect for life, compassion, the golden rule, etc), and then seeking out the ideas/theories that make the most sense to you. Religious instruction, on the other hand, takes place in a echo chamber for all intents and purposes. Once you're an adult you can seek out different ideas if you wish, but by then the religious indoctrination of your youth has quite the influence on you.

Location hidden

#664850 Oct 16, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part, yes; because I've watched it. You have not. You look for "experts" to tell you what you want to hear, rather than just going to the source and deciding for yourself.
Who have you watched on Fox News that you find so offensive? Was it a journalist, like Brett Bair, or a commentator, like that raging sphincter O'Reilly?
I've watched the regular old fox news many times, and I've watched their commentators many times. Their plain news isn't too bad (although it occasionally is), but their commentators are horrible.

And do they get to hide behind that excuse they always use - that their commentators are simply individuals sharing their opinion? No, they don't. What difference does it make how they describe and categorize their propaganda? Do you think it's a coincidence that fox news is home to the lunatic fringe of conservative thought? If they wanted to deliver the news in a "fair and balanced" way, they wouldn't stuff their ranks with people like o'reilly.

Would you accept that excuse from msnbc? That they are fair and balanced and that they only happen to have a commentator roster filled with leftist personalities?

“You Can't Throw MeTo TheWolves”

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664851 Oct 16, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words...sigh...like everyone else, you have no proof of any god's existence. Meaning, of course, that you were being dishonest.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words...sigh...like everyone else, you have no proof that a painting just appeared out of nowhere and came to hang on a wall....
Are you still sticking with that ridiculous "painting" analogy?

Do you have any idea of just how ignorant you sound?

Location hidden

#664852 Oct 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Monumentally great reply my friend.
Why thank you good sir.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664853 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not really; it's the common hypocritical justifiaction of the wicked.
You mean, people like you who preach one thing and practice another.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#664854 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to ol' T-Town, anyway? I kinda miss that muddy little fur ball.
Dunno Kait. I was wondering that myself when I wrote that post. I'll have to contact him through another site.

Location hidden

#664855 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You do realize that Wikipedia is open to editing by its users? And certainly not considered unbiased?
Sure. Tell me which parts of that article are biased/lies. Explain the "daily memos." That'd be a good start.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664856 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
who the bloody cares about the stupid details of your blooming eastern paganism!
Who gives a flying f*ck about you, your god of hate and hypocrisy, and your stupid opinions?

Location hidden

#664857 Oct 16, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
It is nothing but contradictions.
One needs to be brainwashed to ignore them. That is the sole purpose of Christianity.
"Lie for Jesus!" - Christian Chant
Blasphemer! The bible is perfect. I especially like the stuff by paul.

Location hidden

#664858 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
"Progressive" = "liberal."
<quoted text>
Then it ought to be easy for you to prove it.
<quoted text>
He doesn't write the copy, he doesn't film the events, he doesn't edit the video, he doesn't interview anyone.
So, where's your proof?
I imagine you would take the same tack if a former obama propagandist went on to head msnbc.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664859 Oct 16, 2013
wtf?
I'm the 9th generation in my family, you moron. And as I've explained before, once I was old enough to decide for myself, it was my choice to stick with it, even though I could have abandoned it. I chose yes.
<quoted text>
Those were jews, you idiot, not Pagans.
Doesn't it hurt you to be so friggin' stupid??
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ooops my bad - you're a 9th generation hedonist
And you're a godbot dickweed, incapable of independent thought. You'll swallow whatever your Fred Phelps pastor tells you to swallow.

Location hidden

#664860 Oct 16, 2013
Damn, judgeit fairy. You don't like what *anyone* here is saying?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#664861 Oct 16, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>There are no contradictions in the bible. When it says something that sounds contradictory or even absurd, you just need to pray on it and let the holy ghost make sense of it to you.
IOW
LIE to yourself

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664862 Oct 16, 2013
At least I'm not wishing eternal damnation and burning agony on anyone, like you christians do. You even want to watch.
<quoted text>
Where did I ever state that?
<quoted text>
Jesus is a myth, and there's no such thing as "eternal life."
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"Where did I ever state that?"
you just did again when saying:
State what? You need to explain yourself, and you need to stop mixing my posts together.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>"Jesus is a myth,
He is; I proved that.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text> and there's no such thing as "eternal life""
There isn't; your buybull proved that.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664863 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
And we hope you get to meet "jesus" real, real soon.
Oh, wait; was I not allowed to say that, li'l christian? Did that hurt your widdle feelings? Please, tell us all how.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
for some strange reason (maybe that pic you claim is you;) i just can't seem to get mad at you:)
Translation: "I'm not answering her question."

I repeat:
And we hope you get to meet "jesus" real, real soon.
Oh, wait; was I not allowed to say that, li'l christian? Did that hurt your widdle feelings? Please, tell us all how.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664864 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe if you knew what i know about nano, you'd wanna be friends vs foes with her too;)
He was the one who originally attacked me and my character, from out of the blue. He has severe hate issues.

Location hidden

#664865 Oct 16, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
IOW
LIE to yourself
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com
Gahhh, I know everyone here doesn't know me, but this is the second time someone has snipped the bottom part of my post and responded to me as if I was being serious. In the second part of my post, I said that the bible was like a long form koan, which should have made it clear to anyone who didn't already know that I was joking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%8Dan

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664866 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't need your approval - wasup 10/16/13
Nor does anyone need--or *want*--yours.

THEY COME WHEN I CALL

#664867 Oct 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Where did you ever get the idea that I wanted to hurt anyone, including animals?
chipped nails wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you are an atheist.
Hi, porter.

Still can't get that rifle, can you? Poor baby...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 658,566
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Lonestar 70,649
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min bad bob 183,455
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Blink 282,944
Snapchat fun 2 accounts 1 hr mar 3
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr ImFree2Choose 3,020
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 618,845
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 5 hr Toby 4,966
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web