Prove there's a god.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#664605 Oct 15, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Thats funny that you're using something (Bible verses) that mean nothing to you to prove something. The Only thing that it does prove is that the Bible has a strong and powerful grip on you and you can't stop quoting it.... I know, I know.....you keep quoting it to prove that the Bible is this and that the Bible is that....yadda yadda yadda...
God has a powerful grip on you and you can't let go...
Behold Alan.... A closet Christian!
Alan is simply reminding religious people what their holy book says, since so many religious people know so little about the holy book they claim is a guiding factor in their lives.
What I've always found odd, is that Christians often know far less about the Bible than do nonbelievers. It reinforces the idea that the more a person understands of this religion, the less likely they are to believe in it.

Ignorance is the most powerful driving force of your religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#664606 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Uh-oh... Christine's gonna get mad at you. Cuz lions don't talk...
<quoted text>
HAHA!!!
See, OCB? Told ya.
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Told me what? I posted an Aesop's fable- nothing from the bible and I think Christine knows that as well as knowing why I posted that fable.
"Told me what?"

You can't read?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664607 Oct 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>If those I care about grow up to be gay- extremely or otherwise- then so be it and that's fine with me.
Unlike you, I would never try to dictate how others live or what their sexuality should or shouldn't be.
And sorry- there IS nothing wrong with being gay; you might as well say there's something wrong with having blue eyes.
People are born either straight or gay (and in some cases bi) and have no more conscious control over that than they do the eye color they were born with.
But stay ignorant and stay bigoted so that you'll always be known as the ignorant bigot you are.
OCB wrote:
If those I care about grow up to be gay
OCB wrote:
People are born either straight or gay
O_o

Which is it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664608 Oct 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Quite a change of tune from the song you were singing yesterday, RR.
My whole point yesterday was that men being physically stronger than women does NOT mean that men are superior to women and that IS what you were claiming yesterday.
And men are not superior to women and women are not superior to men.
Capisce?
Nah- of course you don't.
I never said men are superior, douche.

I said men are physically superior.

Will you PLEASE learn to read properly.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664609 Oct 15, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Strawman, red herring, whatever you want to call it, RR.
Surely the point I was making didn't go over your head, but of course, I shouldn't assume it did not.
The POINT is that yes- in certain cases, one animal being stronger than another animal is not necessarily to the stronger animal's advantage or benefit.
You seem to think the entire sum of one's physical being- be it human or non-human animal- is one's physical strength.
Sorry, but that simply is not correct.
I never said that physical strength is the entire sum of blah blah blah.

Why do you exaggerate what I write?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664610 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

I've never said that.
I've only implied that certain translations are worthy because they're translated as best and as honestly as possible.
Are you referring to certain texts? Gnostic texts, maybe?
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

I didn't say you said it, but like you stated above, you imply that certain texts are the only ones that were "God approved".
No. What the f_ck is it with Topix posters that they have to twist so much?

I did not say anything about "God approved ". I said they are translated better.
I say buillshite and you are lying openly, when in fact you have no clue or idea which texts are "God inspired".
You do?
So don't play me for a fool, and try to swagger your way around the request.....I'm asking for your honesty RR - not what others have made claim to and you uphold.
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are of "His inspiration" and where does "He" state which ones are not.
In the Bible.

I've already shown you.
It really isn't that difficult, if one uses honesty.
I've seen you post honesty before, so I know you have it within you.
Ugh

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#664611 Oct 15, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>When did I say there was sales tax on groceries?
I did say "goods," but "goods" does not imply "groceries."
Take ink pens, for instance - they are a form of "goods" that are bought, but are not "groceries" like you are implying. That is, unless you eat ink pens I suppose. The state I live in has no sales tax on groceries, but there is a sales tax on ink pens (and all non-grocery goods).
<quoted text>A portion of their rent money still goes to pay the property taxes associated with that property. They will not pay taxes directly, though, you are correct.
What you have forgotten about entirely, though, is to find the relevance of the example person you are talking about in regards to the Affordable Care Act. I guess you forgot to actually do any research, lest you would have stumbled upon Section 1312(f)(3), which says:
"If an individual is not, or is not reasonably expected to be for the entire period for which enrollment is sought, a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States, the individual shall not be treated as a qualified individual and may not be covered under a qualified health plan in the individual market that is offered through an Exchange."
In other words, the person you are making an example of is not even affected by the Affordable Care Act!
What I find striking, though, is that the example you have been reduced to using for which to make your argument is an illegal immigrant living in Oregon with no car, no legal income, and who rents a room from someone who pays them cash to do work 'under the table.'
Is this really the average American in your opinion? Odd, really.
<quoted text>Judging from content of your posts so far, I don't really find your perception of "think" to hold much significance.
Either Kansas or Oklahoma (maybe both) have a tax on groceries.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664612 Oct 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Redneck," "cracker", "Okie", and "hillbilly" emphasize that a person is poor and uneducated and comes from the backwoods with little awareness of the modern world. "White trash" focuses on the person's moral failings.
From your posts, it is clear that you are white trash.
And now you attempt to justify your racism?? Huh...

"White trash is a derogatory American English term referring to poor white people..."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_trash

You've exposed your racism, Catcher1. No going back now, racist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664613 Oct 15, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's... not why people dislike fox news. They are a propaganda apparatus, pure and simple. MSNBC is turning into one as well.
Right.

Sure.

Uh-huh.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664614 Oct 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He's more opaque with every comment he makes.
From the mind of the racist, Catcher1:

"Redneck," "cracker", "Okie", and "hillbilly" are ok to say.

*rolls eyes*

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664615 Oct 15, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's grounds for divorce.
Lol

The way I see it, the toilet seat is JUST as easy to put up as it is to put down.

I need it up, I lift it up. She needs it down, she puts it down.

It's a non-issue in my house.
Shaddup

Arlington, TX

#664616 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you attempt to justify your racism?? Huh...
"White trash is a derogatory American English term referring to poor white people..."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_trash
You've exposed your racism, Catcher1. No going back now, racist.
It's 6:52 PM in California and all the construction equipment companies have called it a day, except for the one that supports the Riverdancer's valiant efforts to play the fool on the Internet. I guess the baby beater's family doesn't want him at home.
Shaddup

Arlington, TX

#664617 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Sure.
Uh-huh.
Indubitably.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2009/10/12/fox-a...

— a spokesman for Fox responded with a de facto admission that the channel is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Republican Party and the conservative movement.

“It is their M.O. to undermine the administration and to undermine Democrats,” says the source.“They’re a propaganda outfit but they call themselves news.”

And that’s the word from inside Fox News.

“They say one thing and do another. They insist on maintaining this charade, this façade, that they’re balanced or that they’re not right-wing extreme propagandist,” says the source. But it’s all a well-orchestrated lie, according this former insider. It’s a lie that permeates the entire Fox News culture and one that staffers and producers have to learn quickly in order to survive professionally.

“You have to work there for a while to understand the nods and the winks,” says the source.“And God help you if you don’t because sooner or later you’re going to get burned.”

The source explains:

“Like any news channel there’s lot of room for non-news content. The content that wasn’t ‘news,’ they didn’t care what we did with as long as it was amusing or quirky or entertaining; as along as it brought in eyeballs. But anything—anything–that was a news story you had to understand what the spin should be on it. If it was a big enough story it was explained to you in the morning [editorial] meeting. If it wasn’t explained, it was up to you to know the conservative take on it. There’s a conservative take on every story no matter what it is. So you either get told what it is or you better intuitively know what it is.”
Shaddup

Arlington, TX

#664618 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
The way I see it, the toilet seat is JUST as easy to put up as it is to put down.
Civilized people close the entire thing when they are done. Your place must be a real outhouse.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664619 Oct 15, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Alan is simply reminding religious people what their holy book says, since so many religious people know so little about the holy book they claim is a guiding factor in their lives.
What I've always found odd, is that Christians often know far less about the Bible than do nonbelievers. It reinforces the idea that the more a person understands of this religion, the less likely they are to believe in it.
Ignorance is the most powerful driving force of your religion.
Apsu wrote:
What I've always found odd, is that Christians often know far less about the Bible than do nonbelievers.
HA HA!!

All y'all do is quote the Bible. That's it. That's not knowledge.

Reverend Anal is the worst of atheists, he pretends to understand what the Bible says but understand none of it.

He's deluded, like most atheists, to think he understands what the Bible says.
Shaddup

Arlington, TX

#664620 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've never said that.
I've only implied that certain translations are worthy because they're translated as best and as honestly as possible.
Are you referring to certain texts? Gnostic texts, maybe?
<quoted text>
No. What the f_ck is it with Topix posters that they have to twist so much?
I did not say anything about "God approved ". I said they are translated better.
<quoted text>
You do?
<quoted text>
In the Bible.
I've already shown you.
<quoted text>
Ugh
What objective standard do you use to determine they are "translated better"?
Shaddup

Arlington, TX

#664621 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that physical strength is the entire sum of blah blah blah.
Why do you exaggerate what I write?
She wrote, "seem to think". That means that is her impression of what you wrote. Why must you twist and Riverdance her words?
Shaddup

Arlington, TX

#664622 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said men are superior, douche.
I said men are physically superior.
Will you PLEASE learn to read properly.
Your blanket generalization is a failure.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#664623 Oct 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Mmm hm, right.

My first husband left it up one night and I fell in because the light was off and I didn't see the booby trap waiting for me. He never did THAT again.

A person could get seriously injured falling into one of those things!
Shaddup

Arlington, TX

#664624 Oct 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't you that said it no, and I may feel the same way, but the sword cut both ways. Tea party people are more patriotic and religious than regular republicans but only a few are wackos.
But I consider the people to the far left just as wacko.
Tea party people are more patriotic? How do you figure? Jingoism is not patriotism. Being duped by fascist, corporate masters into oligarchy is not patriotism. Claiming love it or leave it with one president and then telling another to put down the Koran is not patriotism. Your bias is unsupported by facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Soon Armagedon Day 41,157
The Christian Atheist debate 4 min Critical Eye 3,968
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 603,410
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min dollarsbill 8,281
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Soon Armagedon Day 613,080
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 52 min Belle Sexton 5
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 2 hr pepertoa 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr gentlepplpleaser 177,894
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr waaasssuuup 7,643
More from around the web