Prove there's a god.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#664800 Oct 16, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- low class trash hookers will do it ANYWHERE and with ANYONE.....
Yeah , you would know.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664801 Oct 16, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot honestly believe that people have absolutely no money. In my country, unemployment is stated as high as 40% for the most pessimistic figure. It doesn't mean this 40% has no money. No wealth at all. Many have no formal job, but they are trying to buy and sell. Even just a table of fruit selling on the side of the road. They have to be making some profit. If they had absolutely no wealth, they would die very quickly.
And the UAE is a federation. Some states have oil while others do not. Some states are infact quite poor. What is surprising is that Dubai is very rich, yet it is not an oil state. It is a trade and service state. Dubai has many poor people and many rich people.
Granted, capitalism has gone astray due to highly unfair taxation rates, due to the stupid Clinton administration. But even before that, any business will always pay less tax, since they declare expenses and get taxed on profits only. Capital gains tax is also lower than income tax, and all of this is supposed to encourage people to invest and start their own business. But people are still stuck in the industrial age mentality.
Many of the rich today, were not rich at all starting off. They had what you call, no real wealth. Take Lakshmi Mittal. Born and raised in India's slums. Today he's one of the richest men in the world. So you cannot say that wealth has to beget wealth. The masses can and will complain forever, but there comes a time when people have to face up and ask themselves what is it, that they are doing wrong. How are they to blame for their current predicament, their current downfall? What is it about wealth creation and money, that they are simply just not getting? You have to stop the blame game at some point and look to yourself. Most of those monkeys who were occupying wall street have absolutely no idea how the stock market works, how a country's economy works, how trade works, how tax works, and they don't care to know, but they are somehow very sure that they are not to blame for the mess they are in. Now what nonsense is that?
Our relationship with the government evolves, just as our relationship with our parents. Our parents sacrificed and raised us, and we must never forget. But at the same time, when we are adults, we have to support our parents as much as they support us, and eventually, the role is reversed, where we support our parents more than they are able to support us. The government invests a lot into us as children, and that has to be appreciated. But eventually, we are contributing to the government through tax, and then ultimately we need to grow to actually bringing in wealth into the economy and propping up the government. But many are stuck with the daddy government mentality.
That kid lives in a fantasy, one that he imagines he has real experience,
But his words tell us otherwise.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664802 Oct 16, 2013
Brand New Libertarian wrote:
Has anyone proven there's a god yet?
What, you didn't see me? O Kay...lol

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#664803 Oct 16, 2013
Brand New Libertarian wrote:
Has anyone proven there's a god yet?
FSM appeared to me in a Boston Pizza

Location hidden

#664804 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lets take your own statement "Who wants to or is able to believe something without proofs?"
now, please provide the evidence i need to believe that there is no Creator nor order to the cosmos and that everything just happens randomly.
thank you very much!:)
the christian god id credited with all of creation.

you exist.

therefore god is not merciful

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664805 Oct 16, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>The charges were dropped after Gibson entered into the agreement, yes.
What you are meaning to say is that Gibson was not prosecuted. They were not prosecuted because they entered into the agreement.
The Lacey Act is indeed a US law, by the way. It's been a US law for over 100 years.
What the confusion seems to be here is that you and I are using the word "charge" differently. You are right in that they were not charged with the offense after entering the agreement, but that does not take away the fact that they had already been charged with the violation - thus the ensuing agreement that was reached leading to the charges being dropped. You are using the word "charge" in regards to the end-product of the case, while I am using the word "charge" to include the time period before the resolution. I'll not further the matter, though, I will start saying "violated the Lacey Act" to be more clear. You are generally confused enough the way it stands and I do not want to intensify your confusion.
<quoted text>Are you suggesting that a piece of wood just suddenly appears out of nowhere? Or, did that piece of wood come from a tree that was harvested by ... logging.
If you are confused, the answer is the latter, that the piece of wood was harvested by means of logging.
Gibson explicitly knew that the wood they were purchasing was violating the Lacey Act because it was a product of illegal logging of a protected, threatened species of tree (ebony)- it violated the logging regulations of the countries of origin. This is, as you explained above, what the amendment to the Lacey Act was designed to combat.
<quoted text>...and to abide by the environmental laws and logging regulations of the countries the product originated from. You forgot that detail.
Them details, always getting in the way of your arguments.
<quoted text>None of this has anything to do with Obama, silly.
<quoted text>Gibson conceded because they admitted to violating the Lacey Act. Even after the company's management was told they were violating the law (due to the 2008 amendment) by the employee who worked as the liaison between the company and the foreign exporter, the management declined to stop the import. They tried to ignore the amendment to the Lacey Act and got busted doing so.
You are a very ignorant person, Of you had read the law you would actually know something... besides how to be a Obama sht log eater. Plants were added to a poaching law in 2008.
It was designed to combat deforestation of the rain forests.
By people who cut down acres of trees logging them out and raping the rain forests. Not to prosecute a man trying to buy a piece of wood legally. Only dunce hats can't see the truth.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#664806 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lets take your own statement "Who wants to or is able to believe something without proofs?"
now, please provide the evidence i need to believe that there is no Creator nor order to the cosmos and that everything just happens randomly.
thank you very much!:)
You have (as usual for a religionist) provided nothing to prove your position.

Every body on earth is born an atheist. Anyone that ends up believing in any particular faith has been brainwashed.

No evidence whatsoever for your position means I win.

Christianity is like all other religions on earth....myth.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Location hidden

#664807 Oct 16, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you quote the Bible as if it had something important to say. Strength to bolster your argument.
You're constantly reading it, studying it. It's got such a hold on you that you can't let go.
Yup. You are a closet Christian. You just refuse to admit it. The Bible. It's like an addiction to you. It calls you. You answer.
You couldn't stop quoting it even if you tried.
butt hurt and begging him to quit deconstructing the bible, is a humorous desperation.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#664808 Oct 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have (as usual for a religionist) provided nothing to prove your position.
Every body on earth is born an atheist. Anyone that ends up believing in any particular faith has been brainwashed.
No evidence whatsoever for your position means I win.
Christianity is like all other religions on earth....myth.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
We are also born without words, without knowledge and without being taught about morality. My question for you is: is being taught these things also brainwashing?

#664809 Oct 16, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
butt hurt and begging him to quit deconstructing the bible, is a humorous desperation.
I thought you'ld like it.

#664810 Oct 16, 2013
*you'd

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#664811 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post, Al.
Do you have a preferred version? Mine is the NIV.
My decoder ring is shinier than yours.

Location hidden

#664812 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think people's sexual preferences are inherent. Good for you.
OCB can't make up her mind. She claims to say what you say, but then also talks about people that "grow up to be gay". It's the "to be" part that eluded you.
It's ok.
Do you think that orientation is not inherent?

Location hidden

#664813 Oct 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why waste so much time on something you can't believe in?
Do you spend an equal amount if time on leprechauns and time machines?
I doubt it.
Does this need to be explained to you for the umpteenth time?

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#664814 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
You are a very ignorant person, Of you had read the law you would actually know something... besides how to be a Obama sht log eater. Plants were added to a poaching law in 2008.
It was designed to combat deforestation of the rain forests.
By people who cut down acres of trees logging them out and raping the rain forests. Not to prosecute a man trying to buy a piece of wood legally. Only dunce hats can't see the truth.
The wood was purchased illegally, though. With this little inconvenient detail, your argument falls apart.

You might spend a bit more time thinking your argument through next time. Good luck at that.

Location hidden

#664815 Oct 16, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah. You are just upset because I do not let you deceive me into accepting that the Bible means something different than what it says.
Can you tell us if God face has been seen?
Using ALL of the verses below please tell us.
John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time;..."
Exodus 33:20, And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
John 6:46 "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father."
1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."
Versus
Gen. 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
Exod. 33:11 "And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend."
Num. 14:14 "...that thou LORD art seen face to face,..."
Job 42:5 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee."
Deut. 34:10 "And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,..."
Deut. 5:4 "The LORD talked with you face to face...."
There are no contradictions in the bible. When it says something that sounds contradictory or even absurd, you just need to pray on it and let the holy ghost make sense of it to you.

Sometimes the bible seems to me as an enormous, long form koan. The difference is that koans are intentionally nonsensical.

Location hidden

#664816 Oct 16, 2013
*Sometimes the bible seems to me an enormous, long form koan. The difference is that koans are intentionally nonsensical.*

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#664817 Oct 16, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>I'm jealous, looks like you might be having too much fun out on the water.
Have you got that "work" thing ironed out yet?
Still working on it.

Two days of arbitration down. One to go.

I just had to ask one of the lying sos witnesses against me, when the arbitration team stepped out for a minute, if he was a Christian.

He said he was.

Guess HE'S going to hell.

Location hidden

#664818 Oct 16, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So greed and love of power and ego had nothing to do with countries going to war?
I would agree that most wars are not religious, although you can't deny that some have been. However, even in religious wars billed as such, it's oftentimes clear that religion is simply used as a tool to sell the war to a pious populace; the real motivations usually being economic or a desire for power. Still, while it's doubtful that all religious wars are truly religious in nature from the leader's perspective, religion is still used as a powerful tool to gain the support of the public.

Location hidden

#664819 Oct 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
feces smearers deserve your respect and special minority status as well so they should be next to gain rights to demonstrate and smear in public, beginning at your house!
What's wrong with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Joe Fortuna 101,064
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min WildWeirdWillie 184,302
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min onemale 286,461
Fraud DoctoRx 1 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Jehova Witness 670,481
_____Antichrist MARCH 2017_____ 2 hr Sobering2017News 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 445,664
More from around the web