Ryan Reading

Westerville, OH

#664071 Oct 13, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
No the point was prove it to be fact.
I believe there is no god because common sense dictates there isn't one.
So if it is a fact then prove it.
Saying you have to believe is no different than Santa Clause.
So prove that god is real and is a factual being.
If he is real then you can prove it.
If he is not then you cannot prove it.
i simply ask that you prove that there is no God. sounds easy right? if God in fact does not exist then it should be pretty simple to prove He doesnt.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#664072 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And that's the problem with religion/faith. I could be convinced that prayer works. You couldn't be convinced that it doesn't work.
You lie.

Location hidden

#664073 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been around long enough to know ponzi schemes don't work.
The SS and medicaid system are ponzi schemes and they are broke now. This is an attempt to offset the national debt and continue funding SS and keep spending money like business is usual.
Without fixing the underlying problems you can't fix a broke system. To top it off he has added 7 trillion dollars to our debt and it will double while he is in office, that is more debt than all other presidents before him combined, added to the debt.
We are 17 trillion dollars in debt son. We don't fix that by adding a gargantuan load on an already knee wobbling pack mule.
Only irate idiotic liberal stupid people can think that is an answer.
You wanna guess what Obama is gonna offer China when they start insisting on being paid?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#664074 Oct 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You wanna guess what Obama is gonna offer China when they start insisting on being paid?
It better be himself. lol

Obamacare Regulations Are 8 Times Longer Than Bible more than 20,000 pages. Maybe he can give them that, 20,000 pages of regulations.

The debt we owe China about $1.2 trillion, is nothing compared to the debt they are piling on YOU AND ME! Because ultimately it is us and our kids that will have to pay it.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/ss...

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#664076 Oct 13, 2013
Ryan Reading wrote:
i simply ask that you prove that there is no God. sounds easy right? if God in fact does not exist then it should be pretty simple to prove He doesnt.
How does one "prove" the nonexistence of an invisible, magical being?

Your comment is similar to someone saying that "until you disprove the existence of elves, elves must certainly be considered real beings." Tell me - can you disprove the existence of elves? Do you believe in elves now?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#664077 Oct 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your obsession with balls.
:)
His haven't quite dropped yet.

Muncie, IN

#664078 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
You are taxed on property, and income not forced to buy a service.
You can sell the property and no longer owe taxes on it. Or if you don't make money, you don't owe taxes.
You can't do that with this, you will be fined for not buying something, this is trampling the constitution and violating my rights. I don't care how you see it.
It's all about control, if the government can force you to buy a thing. They can force you to buy anything. What are you going to say when they force you to buy the food they want you to eat? Or force you to marry a government approved wife? I'm sorry it's coming, but you can't see it.
This isn't going away without a bloody fight in the end.
Again, Aura, reality escapes you and you instead rely on silly doomsday-scenario projections (which, technically, makes you a terrorist since you are trying to incite terror :).

Medicaid coverage for the poor will be expanded under the ACA, so your "fined for not buying something" bit is entirely wrong. Some folks will have to enroll, yes, but their payments will be subsidized based on their income. An example online "calculator" can be found here:
http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator...

Your "forced to buy something" bit is very overstated as well.

What about fire departments, for instance? Even if your house never catches on fire, even if you do not own a house, you still pay taxes that in turn cover the costs of the local fire department. You are "forced to buy something" - which you disagree with remember.
What you do not realize is that by paying for the fire department, aside from the personal relief they provide to some folks by saving their family members or their property - it avoids the potential financial ruin that such an event could have on individuals or businesses and the eventual economic fallout that could ensue (such as putting out a fire at a plant that employs hundreds of people who would be out of work if it were to burn down).
I ask you - do you oppose the fire department now? It fits the bill of your ire, so either you stay consistent and dislike the fire departments, or you backpedal.

This same argument can be made concerning water treatment facilities, air quality standards, police, Post Office, roads and transportation, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and many more programs. The problem is - you are so used to these programs and feel so entitled to such standards of living that you have completely disregarded the fact that those programs/benefits are made possible by taxes.

You are right in that some people very much feel entitled, but you do not realize that you provide an example of your own accusation of others.

Muncie, IN

#664079 Oct 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Those of us who complain about Obama are living in the "here and now", not in the past. The abuse that is happening now is what we are concerned with, not crap from one to two decades ago. The present is what's important now.
The present is affected by policies of the past.

I've always found it humorous, though, how conservatives are so ashamed of the policies of their party's leaders that they pretend those policies do not even exist.

Muncie, IN

#664080 Oct 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
You don't really expect that troll to ever read a link, do you?
hahaha, those were all opinion/commentary! One was even a short letter written by a random person to a newspaper. The original request was for sources of information, not the opinion of some random guy in Grand Ledge, Michigan.

Wow.

Location hidden

#664081 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Bush sucked nearly as bad, but once again .
He did not orchestrate, legislate and enact the largest tax increase
on American people in the history of the United States.
I heard that low ranking soldiers won't be getting any pay until after the first of next year.

Too bad "non-essentials" like our congressmen are still getting their fat salaries.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/08/20...

Muncie, IN

#664082 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Bush sucked nearly as bad, but once again .
He did not orchestrate, legislate and enact the largest tax increase
on American people in the history of the United States.
You are right, it was not Bush. Adjusting for inflation, it was Ronald Reagan.

Once again, Aura, you are confused. This is getting to be a habit with you.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/biggest-tax-...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#664084 Oct 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I heard that low ranking soldiers won't be getting any pay until after the first of next year.
Too bad "non-essentials" like our congressmen are still getting their fat salaries.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/08/20...
Somebody should tell Boehner, sir.

He was right there when the ACA passed into law.

Why do Republicans hate dead soldiers, sir?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Atlanta Georgia

#664085 Oct 13, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>Again, Aura, reality escapes you and you instead rely on silly doomsday-scenario projections (which, technically, makes you a terrorist since you are trying to incite terror :).
Medicaid coverage for the poor will be expanded under the ACA, so your "fined for not buying something" bit is entirely wrong. Some folks will have to enroll, yes, but their payments will be subsidized based on their income. An example online "calculator" can be found here:
http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator...
Your "forced to buy something" bit is very overstated as well.
What about fire departments, for instance? Even if your house never catches on fire, even if you do not own a house, you still pay taxes that in turn cover the costs of the local fire department. You are "forced to buy something" - which you disagree with remember.
What you do not realize is that by paying for the fire department, aside from the personal relief they provide to some folks by saving their family members or their property - it avoids the potential financial ruin that such an event could have on individuals or businesses and the eventual economic fallout that could ensue (such as putting out a fire at a plant that employs hundreds of people who would be out of work if it were to burn down).
I ask you - do you oppose the fire department now? It fits the bill of your ire, so either you stay consistent and dislike the fire departments, or you backpedal.
This same argument can be made concerning water treatment facilities, air quality standards, police, Post Office, roads and transportation, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and many more programs. The problem is - you are so used to these programs and feel so entitled to such standards of living that you have completely disregarded the fact that those programs/benefits are made possible by taxes.
You are right in that some people very much feel entitled, but you do not realize that you provide an example of your own accusation of others.
Great post guy....you hit the nail on the head.

Location hidden

#664086 Oct 13, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, it was not Bush. Adjusting for inflation, it was Ronald Reagan.
No you are confused, it absolutely IS the biggest tax increase in US history. It creates 20 new taxes and over 9 years amounts to 525 billion more dollars in taxes, plus any other increases. But there's no point talking to you about it, you're all for being forced to buy it and pay out the ass for it.
I personally call that ignorant as hell, it's like you agreeing to buy me the whip to beat you with.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/07/09/yes-act...

Location hidden

#664087 Oct 14, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>You are right, it was not Bush. Adjusting for inflation, it was Ronald Reagan.
When Ronald was president, the economy was strong, and so were the US. National debt was tremendously lower, unemployment was low, and the country wasn't divided and teetering on economic collapse.
Everybody like him and he was an effective and strong leader.
So don't try to compare anything now to the best president we have had in my lifetime.In 1980 Reagan won the election, carrying 44 states with 489 electoral votes. In 1984, Ronald Reagan was elected with 525 electoral votes, the largest number ever won by any president ever. Two times in a row.
He is also the most popular president ever.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2009/0...

Don't compare a legend to a piece of traitorous, constitution trampling, liberal POS garbage man.

Location hidden

#664088 Oct 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post guy....you hit the nail on the head.
And you're as demented as him. You people don't know what you're buying into.
You must be as brilliant as Nancy Peloski.

If you think 20,000 pages of regulations and 20 new taxes are good, you're nuts. The Unions have realized their hours are going to get cut, they're losing their healthcare. and they will have to buy it at an inflated rate. That's good huh? Pay more with less to get less, that's always better "sigh".
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#664089 Oct 14, 2013
Bless us Fatima

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#664090 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans are the only thing between you and the largest tax increase on the citizens of this country EVER!
Yeah it all sounds very good on the face of it. It sounds very humanitarian. I'm not the expert on this, but I think it is quite a shortsighted measure. These welfare programmes push democracies further towards nanny state mentality. It'll be yet another stumbling block to discourage people from starting businesses and expanding businesses and that is very dangerous for the financial equality of the country. You'll probably get high inflation ultimately.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#664091 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> And you're as demented as him. You people don't know what you're buying into.
You must be as brilliant as Nancy Peloski.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hV-05TLiiLUXX
If you think 20,000 pages of regulations and 20 new taxes are good, you're nuts. The Unions have realized their hours are going to get cut, they're losing their healthcare. and they will have to buy it at an inflated rate. That's good huh? Pay more with less to get less, that's always better "sigh".
The day people realise the financial cost of their ideals, and factor the money and psychological aspect of their ideals, that is when we shall have equality in the world. Till then, things will almost always get worse for the poor. That is the obvious logical outcome.

It's yet another obstacle for people starting and running businesses. And when the cost of local employment is too high, large companies will simply close their operations and open up operations in China, where the human resource cost is low. The result will be local unemployment.

People need to abandon this shitty childish idea of welfare programmes. Where is their shame? They are quite fine and excited about the government giving them so-called "free" stuff. are they that stupid, that after all these years they don't realise that nothing is for free? Or that there is no such thing as price suppression on one side without cost inflation on the other?

The government has become the people's big daddy. For almost every single thing they turn to big daddy.

Like children, when we are kids we are forever trying to see just how much we can get out of our parents. But there comes a time when we grow up and feel ashamed to be dependent on our parents, and in fact would like to help our parents and think of how we can care for our parents and honour their sacrifices they made for us.

When will the time come when people grow up and stop thinking of what the government can do for them and start developing a sense of independence, a sense of shame against receiving, and a sense of pride in giving back, and giving more from then on?

Location hidden

#664092 Oct 14, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it all sounds very good on the face of it. It sounds very humanitarian. I'm not the expert on this, but I think it is quite a shortsighted measure. These welfare programmes push democracies further towards nanny state mentality. It'll be yet another stumbling block to discourage people from starting businesses and expanding businesses and that is very dangerous for the financial equality of the country. You'll probably get high inflation ultimately.
It will also stop business growth, stop business creation, stop doctors from making that career move. Force some to retire and cut hours to employees because the 30 hour limit imposed on employers.
Drive up costs to operate businesses prolong economic recovery, induce a entitlement state, the list goes on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min KayMarie 555,054
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Peace_Warrior 603,693
San Diego Convention Center 30 min andet198 2
Side Effects of Hating Gays 30 min huff my jenkem 4
Stung By Scandals, GOP Proposes New Ethics Rules (Mar '06) 35 min andet198 10
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 37 min Pegasus 263,611
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 43 min andet198 4,417
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 hr Ayyan 1,187
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 10 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE