Prove there's a god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#664377 Oct 14, 2013
" Why aren't Republicans more afraid? The entire premise of both the government shutdown and the threats to force the government into debt default is that Democrats care more about the consequences of these actions than the Republicans do.

Republicans may go on TV and shed crocodile tears about national monuments being shut down, but the act  isn’t really fooling the voters: The only way to understand these fights is to understand that the GOP is threatening to destroy the government and the world economy in order to get rid of Obamacare (as well as a panoply of other right wing demands).
http://www.alternet.org/belief/how-christian-...
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#664378 Oct 14, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharkey, I've never asked him to fall for my "bull" as you've kindly stated. I haven't pushed anybody into believing, not you not anybody. I've just simply stated my views and that's it.
Think about it Sharkey, the closest we came to wiping ourselves of this rolling dirt ball had nothing to do with Religion and theology and everything to do with political (man made) ideologies during the Cold War. Did you know that it was a submarine trapped in the Carribean sea that almost launched a nuclear missle in self defense
when it found itseld surrounded by several American Destroyers and an Aircraft carrier. We came within seconds of having the Russians launch until a Soviet Naval Officer refused to put in the final of 3 launch keys.
Even now, Iran is in talks with the U.S. over nuclear power and restoring stability.
You have to give humanity credit for the effort to want to succeed.
"the closest we came to wiping ourselves of this rolling dirt ball had nothing to do with Religion and theology and everything to do with political (man made) ideologies during the Cold War."

Religion did have a role in the Cold War - Christian Might is Right vs Communism.

Right now, so called "Christians" still want to "Nuke'em" in many places which is quite un-Christian of them.

Religion is always competing with "The State" for people and resources, and politics does enter religion when Big Religion fights with Big Government.

Religion does not get off the hook for helping man's self-destruction by a long shot.

Don't be fooled, Al. We have the capacity to wipe ourselves out so severely that there will NEVER be a chance for us to come back, and for us to do that over belief is just sickness.

Sorry, Humanity has too long and bloody of a rap sheet for me to "give credit to" unless you want me to give credit to shortening the time lapse of our demise down to about 0.5 seconds...HOO RAY for instant extinction. Yea, Al.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#664379 Oct 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
" Why aren't Republicans more afraid? The entire premise of both the government shutdown and the threats to force the government into debt default is that Democrats care more about the consequences of these actions than the Republicans do.
Republicans may go on TV and shed crocodile tears about national monuments being shut down, but the act  isn’t really fooling the voters: The only way to understand these fights is to understand that the GOP is threatening to destroy the government and the world economy in order to get rid of Obamacare (as well as a panoply of other right wing demands).
So we humans are really doing the Armageddon thingy? Too bad.

Well, we might as well all kiss our @sses goodbye...SHPOOF...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#664380 Oct 14, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"the closest we came to wiping ourselves of this rolling dirt ball had nothing to do with Religion and theology and everything to do with political (man made) ideologies during the Cold War."
Religion did have a role in the Cold War - Christian Might is Right vs Communism.
Right now, so called "Christians" still want to "Nuke'em" in many places which is quite un-Christian of them.
Religion is always competing with "The State" for people and resources, and politics does enter religion when Big Religion fights with Big Government.
Religion does not get off the hook for helping man's self-destruction by a long shot.
Don't be fooled, Al. We have the capacity to wipe ourselves out so severely that there will NEVER be a chance for us to come back, and for us to do that over belief is just sickness.
Sorry, Humanity has too long and bloody of a rap sheet for me to "give credit to" unless you want me to give credit to shortening the time lapse of our demise down to about 0.5 seconds...HOO RAY for instant extinction. Yea, Al.
SHARKEY SAID:

What Christians Sharkey? Us? The U.S.?

#664381 Oct 14, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"the closest we came to wiping ourselves of this rolling dirt ball had nothing to do with Religion and theology and everything to do with political (man made) ideologies during the Cold War."
You see destruction, hoplessness and despair
I see greatness, hope and faith.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#664382 Oct 14, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
SHARKEY SAID:
What Christians Sharkey? Us? The U.S.?
Plenty of them! They just keep silent about their Christian World Domination Plan. But they want to

"Nuke Communist China"
"Nuke Muslim Countries"
"Nuke Hindus".
"Nuke, nuke, nuke"!

They just don't think about the consequences - like , say, the total self-extinction of our species, and that's just sad and sick to see as a suffering human on this planet!

We have the weapons even if they say we don't. Right now all you can do is wait for someone to push the button that will end the world. That's where humanity is right now - The Time of Mass Death. Mass Murder-Suicide.

#664383 Oct 14, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>So we humans are really doing the Armageddon thingy? Too bad.
Well, we might as well all kiss our @sses goodbye...SHPOOF...
kiss our asses good bye?
https://www.google.com/url...

#664384 Oct 14, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't bother me :)
nor me.....

#664385 Oct 14, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Plenty of them! They just keep silent about their Christian World Domination Plan. But they want to
"Nuke Communist China"
"Nuke Muslim Countries"
"Nuke Hindus".
"Nuke, nuke, nuke"!
They just don't think about the consequences - like , say, the total self-extinction of our species, and that's just sad and sick to see as a suffering human on this planet!
We have the weapons even if they say we don't. Right now all you can do is wait for someone to push the button that will end the world. That's where humanity is right now - The Time of Mass Death. Mass Murder-Suicide.
I've checked several churches and not one had a nuke hidden.

#664386 Oct 14, 2013
gotta go folks. I got a meeting at a Hotel in Torrance (hey... that's near Catcher... I might just swing by his place in Long Beach) and can't keep them waiting. Goodnight all.

Sharkey, luv ya man. I do really. Take care.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#664387 Oct 14, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
gotta go folks. I got a meeting at a Hotel in Torrance (hey... that's near Catcher... I might just swing by his place in Long Beach) and can't keep them waiting. Goodnight all.
Sharkey, luv ya man. I do really. Take care.
Come on by. I'm watching Dodgers and SD/Colts NFL game.

Great weather, isn't it?

#664388 Oct 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great weather, isn't it?
Beeeeaaaauuuutiful........
I love California...

Just got back after spending the Last three days in San Francisco and
Santa Cruz.... Man, I need to rest from my trip....
My hosts were very gracious and I think I left just in time.

Judy there in Santa Cruz was taking too much of a shine to me....

#664389 Oct 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great weather, isn't it?
Los Doyers.....

Evolution is true.....

#664390 Oct 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no supremacist, dude.
Racist, yes. Supremacist, no.
Most Christians I have met and got to know are racists.

Just sayin'....

Evolution is true.....

#664391 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's different I accept income tax, I do not accept being fined for not buying something.
I said I could accept it if it were a straight tax, they take out my earnings. They propose a way to profit and make criminals out of people for not having money to buy something. That's just wrong, and nothing good will come from it. You just wait , the Irs will be taking property for owing fines for not buying something.
This is extortion a terror tactics. Do you have any idea what the IRS does to people? It's gonna lead to something bad, and just look to what's going on now if you don't believe me.
I believe that is a separate tax that goes into the medicare fund not the general tax revenue fund.

Since: Sep 10

Redondo Beach, CA

#664392 Oct 14, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Beeeeaaaauuuutiful........
I love California...
Just got back after spending the Last three days in San Francisco and
Santa Cruz.... Man, I need to rest from my trip....
My hosts were very gracious and I think I left just in time.
Judy there in Santa Cruz was taking too much of a shine to me....
Nothing comes close to California, and I've been to a lot of places.

Hey, I spent the weekend in San Jose--work. Nice town!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#664393 Oct 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Let's face it- the majority of those who voted for him because he is half-black (don't wanna get RR's tightie whities all wadded up) are those who are black.
But not even all blacks voted for him for that reason, nor did all blacks vote for him.
But other than that segment of the population, I know of not one person who voted for him based on his skin color.
In fact, most I know who voted for him- and in part, myself as well- did so because John McCain had to be kept out of the White House at all costs- he just would have been a disastrous continuation of the disastrous Bush era.
And Romney was really no better.
Nothing special about Obama per se; like far too many presidential elections, it came down to the lesser of two evils- skin color not being at any sort of issue among the majority of voters.
If he got any votes for other superficial reasons than his skin color, that would have been because he's a good looking man, he's fit and trim, he's young, he has a lovely family and he has charisma.
The same characteristics that got JFK a lot of votes.
Obama's skin color is more an issue to RR than anyone else I know.
I'm sure a lot of black people did vote for him because of his skin color, but I honestly can't blame them. If I was black I'd probably vote for the first legitimate black presidential contender because of his skin color too. Not a good reason, but understandable in this country.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#664394 Oct 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
You're just blowing smoke now, Obama wants to sign away your right to protest his trampling over you. You agree that trampling over your right is ok, But we do not. The only way for you to understand it is , WE DON"T FUCKING AGREE WITH YOU!
Glad I could clear that up for you.

Location hidden

#664395 Oct 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Physically superior, as in stronger.
Who's kate?
Whatever gets you off dude. Obviously I'm stronger than my girlfriend, but it's not something I brag about.

Location hidden

#664396 Oct 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....I KNOW they're different things.
Different things about one's physical being and one's physical body.
As I already posted, it is fair to say the physical strength of men is superior to the physical strength of women.
It is NOT fair to say- or even accurate- that men are physically superior to women.
But I can't help you to understand that the fitness or "superiority" of one's physical body is about much more than just brute strength.
Perhaps RR just has some issues to work out. I have to wonder about the guy who finds the male form superior to the female form. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just saying. Perhaps RR is a bear at heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Ex Lesbian 104,769
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Phooey 641,914
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min MUQ2 44,460
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min WasteWater 18,717
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min RevelationInPlain... 618,442
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min onemale 280,911
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Nohweh 38,719
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 48 min USA-1 38,438
More from around the web