Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#663941 Oct 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I saw that ad too.
Religious or not, cheating on your spouse is complete bullshit. It makes me a little weary that Topix accepted them as a customer....
What, did you think that the owners of topix were paragons of moral virtue? They're here to make money.

I agree though, ashley madison is quite a tasteless site. A "planned affair" sought out on an affair site kinda seems worse than a "spontaneous affair" also. Random thought.

What do you mean religious or not?

Location hidden

#663942 Oct 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very simple to do. Go to tools/addons/get addon. Enter Adblock into the search. When Adblock Plus 2.4 shows up hit the install button. It will install automatically. Then hit the install button for the Adblock Pop up addon. It will then install automatically and say you have to hit restart, and a restart now link will appear. Hit that link, Firefox will restart and save whatever you had automatically, and you will will see no more ads like that one. Accept whatever defaults it may ask for during the process. You can change those in the preferences section of those addons, but you don't usually need to. You would only do so if it interferes with accessing some sites. There is a tracking and ad directing site called outbrain.com that may give you a problem with some sites. They are being heavily used now, especially by news sites. There are some others that do that also. You will see them being called by the web site script on the bottom left of Firefox. Those scripts call up tracking sites, images, and all sorts of things. Why some pages are slow. Who they are linking to for a script or service can hang a lot of sites up if they are overloaded.
Also -

Other nice things to have if you are interested in online privacy is an app called "noscripts" and an app called "donottrackme." They can also cause issues with certain sites, but you can set it to allow certain sites or to be more permissive during individual browsing sessions. And for ultimate privacy, get the tor browser bundle. It is easy to install and use even for non technical people.

Location hidden

#663943 Oct 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, sir.
Sir, eh?

Location hidden

#663944 Oct 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only your opinion.
<quoted text>
There's likely just as many "studies" that show prayer works as opposed to prayer doesn't work.
I think the reason why is that we humans have not figured out that the only available technology to truly test it is the most advanced computer on the planet - human mind.
<quoted text>
There's no apologetic needed.
Jesus said that to the man on the cross next to Him.
They both died that day.
Actually, there aren't "just as many" positive result prayer studies. There are a couple of questionable veracity, but the deck is heavily slanted in favor of prayer not working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efficacy_of_pray...

I find it hilarious that one of the go to excuses for the failure of prayer studies is that "god cannot be coerced."

Like "ha! Those stupid humans are trying to test whether or not this poor, cancer stricken man's prayer will help him? He's dead!" Lol. Your god is a tricky one.

If he was talking to the man on the cross, why would he say "some of you?"

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#663945 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, everyone here is christine. Topix is nothing but an elaborate collection of socks and lonely old you.
But I don't feel too much like christine?

Location hidden

#663946 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are. We all are. It's ok, I couldn't believe it at first either. This site exists solely to attack nano with thousands of socks.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#663947 Oct 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#663948 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on a sec there, pardner.
"we" know that prayer doesn't work? Who's "we"?? I know that prayer works, I've had prayers answered.
Are you referring to Matthew 16?“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”
Do you want me to explain that to you, too? Or are you happy being ignorant about it?
the meaning is clear.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#663949 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, I get paid to do other things.
My boss has sat with me several times while I post here, he don't care, as long as I get my work done first.
Capisce?
I think you are lying
YTube

AOL

#663950 Oct 13, 2013

End Time prophecies READY ....joltingly clear

http://youtu.be/s2w6qkywus8

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#663951 Oct 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
“Jesus said that to the man on the cross next to Him. 
They both died that day.”
Matthew 16:28  Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
He WAS talking to his disciples.
None of them lived to see this promise/prophecy.
I understand how you could be mistaken. It’s pretty common with religionists and their beliefs.
Christians need all the apologists they can assemble because there are so many problems with the Bible and the living of their beliefs.
You take care my friend.
OMG. Oops. I mixed up the two verses we were talking about. I was referring to what Jesus said in Luke, "Truly I tell you today you will be with me in paradise". That's my bad, sorry.

As far as that verse in Matthew goes, they did see Jesus in His kingdom. Some of them watched it. I fail to understand your conundrum.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663952 Oct 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Heh. Beat ya to it.
Did he really think nobody'd know that? Or look it up even?
Come to think on't, he didn't do either one.
I just goofed. I confused the two verses we were discussing.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663953 Oct 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're just now catching on to the low level of morality of the Topix administrators?
I have no idea who they are.

Will you be my schoolteacher?

;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663954 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Are you referring to Luke 23? "43 Jesus answered him,“Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”"
Or is it Matthew 24? "34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."
Move mountains? Lol, metaphor eludes you?
Jesus did exist.
timn17 wrote:
Now let me tell you why generation doesn't really mean generation. You see, in the original text, the word for generation is "ballsachek," and can mean generation in the typical sense, and it can also mean generation in the sense that we can apply whatever meaning we want to it and therefore elude any responsibility for our prophet's inability to keep a promise.
Generation is translated properly.'This generation' is translated properly, too. You don't understand what He meant by 'this generation'.

Jesus was talking about the end times.'This generation' refers to the generation of the ends times, not the veneration they were in at that moment.
Also, let me share with you some contradictory statements that, to any rational human being, would cast doubt on their source, but are in actuality the lifeblood of biblical analysis. You see, jesus also said that no man knows the day and the hour, even though he also said that he would come back before a generation passed. Obviously, we can ignore the latter promise, and latch on to the former statement, because if we didn't then we might have to face a hard truth.
See?

"he said that he would come back before a generation passed."

That isn't what He said.

I told ya you didn't understand.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663955 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So, it's impossible to comment on something unless it bothers you? What?
I pointed it out because I was genuinely curious as to why you do it. Even if I was to accept your explanation - that you do it to "bother people" - that would not reflect kindly upon your character. That's called trolling.
I don't buy that though. I think you do it because you think it's clever to emphasize the "otherness" of obama. If romney's middle name was hussein, would you call him that?
Yes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663956 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What, did you think that the owners of topix were paragons of moral virtue? They're here to make money.
I agree though, ashley madison is quite a tasteless site. A "planned affair" sought out on an affair site kinda seems worse than a "spontaneous affair" also. Random thought.
What do you mean religious or not?
I meant exactly what you just said, that site is tasteless, whether you're using religious morals or secular morals.

On this, we agree completely.
OCB

Hollywood, FL

#663957 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Are you referring to Luke 23? "43 Jesus answered him,“Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”"
Or is it Matthew 24? "34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."
Move mountains? Lol, metaphor eludes you?
Jesus did exist.
<quoted text>
Generation is translated properly.'This generation' is translated properly, too. You don't understand what He meant by 'this generation'.
Jesus was talking about the end times.'This generation' refers to the generation of the ends times, not the veneration they were in at that moment.
<quoted text>
See?
"he said that he would come back before a generation passed."
That isn't what He said.
I told ya you didn't understand.
In your free time are you studying for a degree in theology and biblical study?

Of course, how you have any free time I really don't understand because you're always either.....ahem- "working" or here on Topix.

But somehow I guess you manage to be going for that degree because it seems that you think only your interpretation of the bible and scripture is correct since you seem to find everyone else's interpretation to be wrong- including that of the many biblical scholars in this world.

Yep you're a busy man, RR.
OCB

Hollywood, FL

#663958 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
So then you think you would be just as clever as you're being now in your attempt to dry comparison between Obama and Saddam Hussein.

Interesting, but not really.

But your obsession over a middle name is curious indeed.
OCB

Hollywood, FL

#663959 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
So you think you would be clever to attempt to draw a comparison between Romney and Saddam Hussein justice you think you are being clever trying to draw a comparison between Obama and Saddam Hussein.

Interesting, but not really.

But I find your obsession over a middle name to be curious.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663960 Oct 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 9:26-27   If anyone If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.  I tell you the TRUTH, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."
Notice he was not talking from the cross.
I think he (if he actually existed) was lying. Certainly Luke, or whoever wrote this was.
The Christian religion is man-made-up....just like all the others.
It makes it easy to discount the Bible when you cherry pick it like that.

You quoted Luke 9 26-27. Why stop there? Keep reading and you'll have your answer.

Luke 9:28-31 It explains Jesus coming in glory.

"And it came to pass about an eight days after these sayings, he took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain to pray.
And as he prayed, the fashion of his countenance was altered, and his raiment was white and glistering.
And, behold, there talked with him two men, which were Moses and Elias:
Who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he should accomplish at Jerusalem."

Simple, yes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min waaasssuuup 583,279
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Paul Porter1 442,650
No desprate ppl plz -_- 13 min Afreen 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min AN NFL FAN 121,627
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 35 min 15th Dalai Lama 3,043
whats wrong with people that dont believe in je... (Jan '12) 57 min Aussie Kev 1,073
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 58 min dark lord 182
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 176,443
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr trifecta1 611,792
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 hr robertxiong 98,926
More from around the web