Prove there's a god.

Since: May 07

Muncie, IN

#664105 Oct 14, 2013
David wrote:
PROVE GOD EXISTS?
Proof: The REAL Mount Sinai has black at the top of it, exactly how God descended on it as an all consuming fire in Moses' time.
To Godless unbelievers, if God does NOT exist, what made the top of the mountain black? This requires NO faith that God is real.
Please, at least try to make sense next time.

Reality is usually a pretty good place to start.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#664106 Oct 14, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And all were scorned and mocked and looked at with suspicion or with an air of craziness by the majority, instead of admired and emulated.
There are a few people who get it, and they get very rich. But the rest have no idea and mocked people who have ideas.
Well that maybe true, at least for some of them. I think it would be a bit easier to start out that way. I mean at least small and work it up. The problem for me is it takes investment, that means extra money. With us in recession, that's really hard to do. Then if it is an expensive product, the clientele is limited.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#664107 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that maybe true, at least for some of them. I think it would be a bit easier to start out that way. I mean at least small and work it up. The problem for me is it takes investment, that means extra money. With us in recession, that's really hard to do. Then if it is an expensive product, the clientele is limited.
Yeah despite what some guru's say, it does take at least some money to make money. I also battle to save and invest, but it's something I know has to be done, so I get it done. I haven't started any business yet, but I do have goals to start one in the future. I certainly don't approve of the idea of being solely an employee my whole life. At some point, one has to become an employer.

I'd envision an ideal capitalist world where only the young are employees, while middle aged are managerial employees but owning small businesses part time, with old aged being complete employers having their own businesses. I don't see any other way of sustainable growth and financial equality. What do you think?

Muncie, IN

#664108 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Very few people have read 20,000 pages of regulations.
That alone is enough to want to stay away from it, it's a legal boondoggle.
The 525 billion dollars is a projected figure the congressional budget office figured in their report.
All told, those provisions of PPACA and the Reconciliation Act were estimated to
increase direct spending by $401 billion and to increase revenues by $525 billion.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
You want to argue that out with congress?
Basically you're a fruit bat, I don't make off the wall statements.
You don't make off the wall statements, eh?

$525 billion ... over what time period? Oh yeah, over the 2010-2019 period. If you do not understand, that is the year 2010 until the year 2019, a little fact you happened to leave out....

By the way, why would you leave out such an important bit of information? I wouldn't want to thing that you are being purposely misleading...

On top of this, first you said that this $525 billion was increased taxes, now you say it is increased revenues due to savings? Just curious, where does the number 401 fit into all of this? I ask you, because you are so confused at what you are looking at, you are just spouting off numbers from an official document like you understand what those numbers mean. It is clear by your comments, that you don't.

Sadly enough, some people listen to entertainment media and cannot tell the difference between news and entertainment, which can be exemplified by your repeating things from Rush Limbaugh (who readily admits his show is for entertainment purposes only). Keep in mind, too, that when asked for sources you presented a series of opinion articles, one of which was a random guy in Michigan writing a letter to the editor of his local newspaper.

Are you ever going to get serious, or is this the best you can muster?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664109 Oct 14, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>When Reagan started, yes. Things changed considerably as a result of Reagan's supply-side economics ("trickle-down" economics, or Reagonomics). He managed to raise taxes more and grow the deficit more than any other president, during a non-wartime period no less. That is what you call success? Odd.
<quoted text>History tells a slightly different story. I have learned that you are not too good with reality, though.
<quoted text>Popularity has never related to quality or success. I could name you some very notorious leaders who were immensely popular during their time in office, but their legacy stems not from their popularity but from their actions. Some of the most notorious leaders in history in fact shared great popularity during their time. Leave it to you, though, to glamorize these figures whose reputations are ... less than ideal ... to put it nicely.
Sadly enough Reagan isn't to blame for the debt, it was during this time or right before he took office Iran took all those Americans hostage, and all those marines were killed in Lebanon. This shook America from a slumber and caused a buildup in weapons, ships , air force and the development of the Rapid Deployment Forces. Nuclear war was a real possibility so the Star Wars Initiative was born.

Also the Space Shuttle project was brand new , this wasn't cheap, As matter of fact it was the most expensive space project to date. Add the money we started spending cranking up the ISS but Barring the SLS the shuttle cost came in with Reagan. The 600-Ship Navy was a strategic plan of the United States Navy during the 1980s. These things were what was needed to be done at the time.

What we didn't need to do was have all those terrible hurricanes and go to war on two fronts, We shouldn't have re invaded Iraq.
And we shouldn't have went to war in Afghanistan, both of those things were massive wastes of time and money. But I guess after 9/11 we were hell bent to make somebody pay for attacking us.
Even if it was wrong. But we can't fix it by spending our way out of it , and adding a boondoggle healthcare bill on top.

Muncie, IN

#664110 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
{avoidance of questions)
I just realized - you never answered my question regarding the Fire Department. Why is that?

Aura - do you support the Fire Department, or are you fundamentally opposed to the Fire Department? Are you going to stay consistent with your logic thus far, or are you going to contradict yourself?

:)

Muncie, IN

#664111 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Sadly enough Reagan isn't to blame for the debt...
hahahaha, just what I figured.

You refuse to blame Reagan for the debt increase during his time as president, but claim that the debt under Obama is all Obama's fault.

Once again, you cannot even stay consistent with yourself.

At least you have your purported fortune-telling skills to fall back on, eh?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664112 Oct 14, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>I just realized - you never answered my question regarding the Fire Department. Why is that?
Aura - do you support the Fire Department, or are you fundamentally opposed to the Fire Department? Are you going to stay consistent with your logic thus far, or are you going to contradict yourself?
:)
We don't pay for the fire department like you say.
It comes out of state and federal income taxes and property taxes, and is funded by state and county governments.
We aren't paying for this service, it is funded by our tax dollars .
There's a big difference here, there is no federal mandate that we pay for this service. Also where I live the fire dept, is a volunteer fire dept. So what you are saying is comparing apples and kumquats. It's simply not the same thing.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664113 Oct 14, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>hahahaha, just what I figured.
You refuse to blame Reagan for the debt increase during his time as president, but claim that the debt under Obama is all Obama's fault.
Once again, you cannot even stay consistent with yourself.
At least you have your purported fortune-telling skills to fall back on, eh?
I'm not blaming Obama for the debt, I'm blaming the democrats for out of control spending, this has got to stop.
I blame Obama for being a puppet to the banks and getting the largest tax increase to the American people in the History of the US, and trampling the constitution in efforts to make the government have more power and control over us.

Attacking the second amendment and trying to ram this healthcare crap down our throats at a time when nobody can afford it. He is trying to use the same strategies with entitlement programs and big government
that created Detroit and Chicago's bankruptcy problems.
Basically I see him as an enemy of freedom, and the end of the Republic. He is there now acting like a dictator refusing to postpone this bill, which he illegally did for big businesses.

Also the way this whole thing was passed is a travesty.
It was passed in the house as a service but legalized as a tax.
THAT'S NOT WHAT THE HOUSE VOTE TO PASS. That is dirty politics, and we are the ones going to suffer.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#664114 Oct 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Those of us who complain about Obama are living in the "here and now", not in the past. The abuse that is happening now is what we are concerned with, not crap from one to two decades ago. The present is what's important now.
Yep. I'm sure you were just as upset with bush, and I'm sure you'll be just as critical when the next GOP president comes along.

Location hidden

#664115 Oct 14, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You lie.
No, I don't. I would be quite interested in a legitimate proof for prayer outside of "you must have faith to speak to god you devil!"
OCB

United States

#664116 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I already did 2x but you ignored them 2x.
Here bite down on this.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/55821/union...
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2013101233322/us...
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20...
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/05/...
http://washingtonexaminer.com/irs-employee-un...
Only stupid people will agree to 20 new taxes and the governments unfettered ability to dictate that you buy anything.
Sigh- I'm not reading debate articles, oped pieces, etc.

Last time- I asked for a link or source that specifically backs up your claim that health insurance premiums are increasing by 200 or 300% or at least 99%.

If any of the links you posted specifically say that, then copy and paste where that is stated.

Since MY premium for the coming year didn't increase by one red cent, I'd like to see you back
up your claim since I don't understand why I would be exempt from what you claimed is going to be the case.

Location hidden

#664117 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
When Ronald was president, the economy was strong, and so were the US. National debt was tremendously lower, unemployment was low, and the country wasn't divided and teetering on economic collapse.
Everybody like him and he was an effective and strong leader.
So don't try to compare anything now to the best president we have had in my lifetime.In 1980 Reagan won the election, carrying 44 states with 489 electoral votes. In 1984, Ronald Reagan was elected with 525 electoral votes, the largest number ever won by any president ever. Two times in a row.
He is also the most popular president ever.
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2009/0...
Don't compare a legend to a piece of traitorous, constitution trampling, liberal POS garbage man.
Y tu Brute?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664118 Oct 14, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah despite what some guru's say, it does take at least some money to make money. I also battle to save and invest, but it's something I know has to be done, so I get it done. I haven't started any business yet, but I do have goals to start one in the future. I certainly don't approve of the idea of being solely an employee my whole life. At some point, one has to become an employer.
I'd envision an ideal capitalist world where only the young are employees, while middle aged are managerial employees but owning small businesses part time, with old aged being complete employers having their own businesses. I don't see any other way of sustainable growth and financial equality. What do you think?
I'm self employed, but in a high skilled labor market. Work has been slim for the last three years, a few good runs but not enough to invest into another business. Which is what I want to do.
One guy I work with sorta my boss, but really just my main contractor. He is getting old and has to work really hard to get work anymore.

Many clients just waste his time getting him to go there and pricing figuring estimates making samples etc. Then back out, that's happened a bit. The good news is we have a definite high dollar job , that will take months on end for a client who has unlimited funds. The problem is no one is getting the work in front of us completed for us to start. It will probably be next year before we start. But this client is a corporate and criminal lawyer and wants the very best, which is what we do with the finest materials.

Other than that the volume from other designers and clients has fallen, despite I have more designers than I did 20 years ago.
They can't sell the stuff either, that's the recession.
But I want to build home media hi fi computers, built to fit in rack systems and be digital ready for hi def, and hifi media centers and do a small computer business for upgrades & repairs etc.
OCB

United States

#664119 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm self employed, but in a high skilled labor market. Work has been slim for the last three years, a few good runs but not enough to invest into another business. Which is what I want to do.
One guy I work with sorta my boss, but really just my main contractor. He is getting old and has to work really hard to get work anymore.
Many clients just waste his time getting him to go there and pricing figuring estimates making samples etc. Then back out, that's happened a bit. The good news is we have a definite high dollar job , that will take months on end for a client who has unlimited funds. The problem is no one is getting the work in front of us completed for us to start. It will probably be next year before we start. But this client is a corporate and criminal lawyer and wants the very best, which is what we do with the finest materials.
Other than that the volume from other designers and clients has fallen, despite I have more designers than I did 20 years ago.
They can't sell the stuff either, that's the recession.
But I want to build home media hi fi computers, built to fit in rack systems and be digital ready for hi def, and hifi media centers and do a small computer business for upgrades & repairs etc.
Why don't you just admit that your claim of a 200 or 300% or at least 99% increase in health insurance premiums was nothing more than a result of your own imagination brought on by your self-induced hysteria?

Or were you just simply lying?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#664121 Oct 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you just admit that your claim of a 200 or 300% or at least 99% increase in health insurance premiums was nothing more than a result of your own imagination brought on by your self-induced hysteria?
Or were you just simply lying?
Hardly , do you think I imagined these people who have been in the news and all this information on the web? That's pretty dishonest for you to even say so, these figures are there on the web pages, do you think I created them all? YOU are the one being dishonest here not me.
I guess you are going to say they are lying, that just makes you a conspiracy theorist. A dishonest one at that.
OCB

United States

#664122 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hardly , do you think I imagined these people who have been in the news and all this information on the web? That's pretty dishonest for you to even say so, these figures are there on the web pages, do you think I created them all? YOU are the one being dishonest here not me.
I guess you are going to say they are lying, that just makes you a conspiracy theorist. A dishonest one at that.
Okay- so the truth is you can't provide a source to back up what you claimed is factually correct- that health insurance premiums are increasing by 200 or 300% or at least by 99%.

I knew you couldn't provide any such source to back up that specific claim if yours since I knew all along that your claim was nothing more than hysterical nonsense.

If what you'd claimed was the case,then there would be no reason why my health insurance- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Florida-is not increasing by one red cent for the coming plan year of 2014- and all the more since this is the first time ever I not faced with an annual increase.

You made shit up and you think because you posted op-Ed pieces about Americans not wanting the ACA that that was enough to validate what were made up claims and "facts".

Wrong.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#664123 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> That's impossible, you aren't even female.
I know. I can open my own ketchup bottle.

Thank God.
OCB

United States

#664124 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hardly , do you think I imagined these people who have been in the news and all this information on the web? That's pretty dishonest for you to even say so, these figures are there on the web pages, do you think I created them all? YOU are the one being dishonest here not me.
I see- so people bitching and whining about the ACA translates into health insurance premiums increasing by 200 or 300% or at least by 99%.

IF that were true you would be able to post a source with FACTS- not opinions- which clearly states just that.

You didn't post what I specifically asked for because no such source exists because what you posted was nothing more than BULLSH*T which was a result of your own self induced hysteria.

Not my problem that you're not honest enough to admit that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#664125 Oct 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
I have more theological training than you
Oh really? How much theological training have I had, since you seem to know.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min NICK 88,304
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Big Al 703,758
Are you paying for public service? 54 min Follow The Money 2
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 2 hr Big Al 223,081
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... (Nov '17) 3 hr Flax Dung Su Yah 29
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 6 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,549
mgtow 6 hr Lucifer 13