Prove there's a god.
Bongo

United States

#663967 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. Oops. I mixed up the two verses we were talking about. I was referring to what Jesus said in Luke, "Truly I tell you today you will be with me in paradise". That's my bad, sorry.
As far as that verse in Matthew goes, they did see Jesus in His kingdom. Some of them watched it. I fail to understand your conundrum.
Maybe hes a doubting Thomas?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#663968 Oct 13, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe hes a doubting Thomas?
Just another atheist due to ignorance....
OCB

United States

#663969 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw man.
<quoted text>
Straw man.
<quoted text>
Nothing interesting add, I see.
Your refusal to address that you think you are a biblical expert is duly noted.

Straw man indeed.
OCB

United States

#663970 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like, I can call him Osama instead. It's really, really close to Obama.....
I don't care what you do.

But you've made it apparent that you find Obama's name to be the only thing- or at least the main thing- with which to find fault with him.

I guess you excel in the study of politics about as much as you excel in biblical study.

Maybe you can get a degree in both from a box of CrackerJacks.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663971 Oct 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
Your refusal to address that you think you are a biblical expert is duly noted.
Straw man indeed.
I've never claimed to be a biblical expert.

Straw man, indeed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663972 Oct 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care what you do.
But you've made it apparent that you find Obama's name to be the only thing- or at least the main thing- with which to find fault with him.
I guess you excel in the study of politics about as much as you excel in biblical study.
Maybe you can get a degree in both from a box of CrackerJacks.
Have I ever claimed that Hussein's name is a "fault" of his? No.

There are plenty of things wrong with Barrak Hussein Osama, many of which I've posted here.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#663974 Oct 13, 2013
Apsu wrote:
<quoted text>True Truth! Good to hear from you, old friend.
I hope things are going well for you too! I spend most my time on other boards, but drop by here every once in a while to see what is going on, I don't think this thread will ever end hahaha.
I hardly spend any time on topix at all. This is the only thread I'm in when I'm on topix.

I quite like this thread still. Very seldom I get into a full on religious debate like I used to. But there's lots of other stuff here. Recent topics discussed here include Obama and Obamacare, politics, the economy, even stuff like WWII and the holocaust.

What threads are you in?
OCB

United States

#663975 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I ever claimed that Hussein's name is a "fault" of his? No.
There are plenty of things wrong with Barrak Hussein Osama, many of which I've posted here.
You obsess over his middle name while consistently spelling his first name incorrectly.

Why is that?

Oh boy- and so clever that you now refer to his last name as Osama- how original!

Grow UP, RR or at least try unless you LIKE presenting yourself as a very immature 10 year old trapped in an adult man's body; it sure seems like you like it which is just further indication of what a man child you truly are.

UGH.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663977 Oct 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You obsess over his middle name while consistently spelling his first name incorrectly.
Why is that?
Oh boy- and so clever that you now refer to his last name as Osama- how original!
Grow UP, RR or at least try unless you LIKE presenting yourself as a very immature 10 year old trapped in an adult man's body; it sure seems like you like it which is just further indication of what a man child you truly are.
UGH.
See?

You wouldn't be so upset if you weren't an Osama lover.
OCB

United States

#663978 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
You wouldn't be so upset if you weren't an Osama lover.
Wow- a 747 couldn't fly any higher over your head than the point I was making.

If I'm "upset" about anything, it would be that you revel and wallow in your immaturity.

I'm not at all upset with how you refer to Obama in and of itself- I'm just embarrassed for you that you not only think you're being clever and witty but also that you're stupid enough to think it upsets me.

It doesn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663979 Oct 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wow- a 747 couldn't fly any higher over your head than the point I was making.
If I'm "upset" about anything, it would be that you revel and wallow in your immaturity.
I'm not at all upset with how you refer to Obama in and of itself- I'm just embarrassed for you that you not only think you're being clever and witty but also that you're stupid enough to think it upsets me.
It doesn't.
The simple fact that you can't resist the urge to comment back tells me that you're upset about his name, Hussein.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#663980 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact that you can't resist the urge to comment back tells me that you're upset about his name, Hussein.
ah, the old "If you respond to me, I'm winning...if you stop responding to me, I've won."

That was clever on the internet, like, never.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#663981 Oct 13, 2013
Oh, it's really very difficult to prove it scientifically, but if you truly believe, you do not need any proves at all

Location hidden

#663982 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only your opinion.
If you were an honest person RR, you would have provided evidence of an answered prayer instead of avoiding the problem by dismissing the question. So....

pot/kettle

That is only your opinion.

Obviously you will never admit to the fact that the claim of answered prayers is not true, it is something you people tell one another so you can feel superiour to normal rational people who try to be as honest and truthful as they can.

Your side on the other hand tries to be as dishonest, deceitful and deceptive as it is possible for you to be.

Because you can't be honest with us or yourself, you just accuse back the same thing. But what are the facts?

Where is evidence that prayer works?

All you have is the ruse that sometimes the answer is no because the prayer does not go along with God's alleged plans.

It is really impossible to deal with someone who refuses to be truthful and honest. What is left to do?

Basically your inability to answer honestly shows people that Christians and Christianity can not be trusted. If you wonder why the number of Christians are dwindling world wide it is because of what you do in this discussion.

Location hidden

#663983 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome.
If you have a few bucks to spare, and it isn't expensive at all for a year subscription, get some web space from someplace like Hostmonster and learn how to set your own site up. You get your own doman name and all of that, and can tap into the link referral system to make a few extra bucks. You will do some research and see how they operate and how. Something to play with at first and then you can take off from there. You have almost total control. It isn't like getting a blogging account where you share a portion of an existing one and have limits on you. You actually install the whole thing from scratch, even your own email system. From my experience Hostmonster has one of the better packages for a newbie to get their feet wet.
Thank you again, I am amazed at how wonderful it is working now. When I copy and paste previously written answers the link at the bottom is no longer there, it is even better than you said. Not sure I have the wherewithal to set up my own web site as I spend too much time on the computer as it is. But thanks for the suggestion.

I hope other people who were having the same difficulties I was having follow your advice, it was THE solution. Thank you again.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#663984 Oct 13, 2013
John Henke wrote:
Oh, it's really very difficult to prove it scientifically, but if you truly believe, you do not need any proves at all
Its actually impossible to prove scientifically.

Location hidden

#663985 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no apologetic needed.
Jesus said that to the man on the cross next to Him.
They both died that day.
Jesus told the thief on the cross: Luke 23:43 "... Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

This prophecy could not have been kept unless Jesus went to heaven that day, in which case he would not have been buried for three days.

Location hidden

#663987 Oct 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"There's likely just as many "studies" that show prayer works as opposed to prayer doesn't work."
Dream on my friend.
I don't believe there are ANY scientific studies that prove prayer works.
We have millions of reports where biblicists have reported that their prayers were answered. All of them equally silly.

Arizona Senator, John McCain unsuccessfully ran against Barack Obama for the United States Presidency.

Does anyone doubt that McCain prayed to God to win? Yet he lost. OK, so God's answer to McCain was NO! That means that God's answer to Obama was YES!

Who wants to say that Obama is in the White House because his prayers
were answered over McCains?

Apologetic Christ-insanity-ists are very clever at inventing an escape route to avoid having to face the fact that their religion has more problems than a screen door has holes. It is just pathetic that Christ-insanity-ists behave like little children on the play ground than as responsible adults. If they didn't vote I would leave them alone.

Location hidden

#663988 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't work. He retired after 6 days.
LOL! So that is why no one has heard from him for the last 6,000 years.

Location hidden

#663989 Oct 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
“The anchoring function of scripture has taken a major hit for me. I learned the deep and unsolvable problems with even knowing what scripture says. We don't know authors, dates, or sources, in most cases. We don't have originals or even copies close to the originals.
For the gospels, virtually no two copies are alike, with many of the differences substantive, often betraying tampering to promote theological agendas. The Old Testament, of course, is filled with atrocities, arbitrariness, harsh punishment, God-endorsed slavery and child sacrifice and victimization of women, contradictions, unfulfilled prophecies, and inaccuracies.
But Christians allowed for this because of what's in the New Testament. But the New Testament narrative contains important historical errors in placing Jesus' birth. There is no good historical support for Jesus' life, death, or resurrection. And the New Testament has its own contradictions and implausibility’s.
The Gospels were written after the fall of Jerusalem (70 AD) that devastated the church, yet the later the Gospel, the more detailed and embellished the stories. And the early epistles, especially Paul's--written much earlier than the gospels, by a known author and contemporary of the founding of the church--don't support, or even mention, events of Jesus' life or teaching, and they do not claim an empty tomb or physical resurrection on earth“.--Richard Smith
http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article875.html
Thank you for sharing that, it was an excellent commentary.

Here is something from Thomas Paine:

"It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what one does not believe. It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime.[Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]"

Thomas Paine (January 29, 1737 – June 8, 1809) was a British pamphleteer, revolutionary, radical, inventor, intellectual, and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. He lived and worked in Britain until age 37, when he emigrated to the British American colonies, in time to participate in the American Revolution. His principal contributions were the powerful, widely-read pamphlet Common Sense (1776), advocating colonial America's independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain, and The American Crisis (1776–1783), a pro-revolutionary pamphlet series.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 49,617
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Barnsweb 445,762
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min hojo 647,072
4 Best book to learn CPA 47 min VPNproxy 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,730
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr WasteWater 2,116
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 105,691
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 6 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web