Prove there's a god.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#663983 Oct 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome.
If you have a few bucks to spare, and it isn't expensive at all for a year subscription, get some web space from someplace like Hostmonster and learn how to set your own site up. You get your own doman name and all of that, and can tap into the link referral system to make a few extra bucks. You will do some research and see how they operate and how. Something to play with at first and then you can take off from there. You have almost total control. It isn't like getting a blogging account where you share a portion of an existing one and have limits on you. You actually install the whole thing from scratch, even your own email system. From my experience Hostmonster has one of the better packages for a newbie to get their feet wet.
Thank you again, I am amazed at how wonderful it is working now. When I copy and paste previously written answers the link at the bottom is no longer there, it is even better than you said. Not sure I have the wherewithal to set up my own web site as I spend too much time on the computer as it is. But thanks for the suggestion.

I hope other people who were having the same difficulties I was having follow your advice, it was THE solution. Thank you again.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#663984 Oct 13, 2013
John Henke wrote:
Oh, it's really very difficult to prove it scientifically, but if you truly believe, you do not need any proves at all
Its actually impossible to prove scientifically.

Location hidden

#663985 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no apologetic needed.
Jesus said that to the man on the cross next to Him.
They both died that day.
Jesus told the thief on the cross: Luke 23:43 "... Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

This prophecy could not have been kept unless Jesus went to heaven that day, in which case he would not have been buried for three days.

Location hidden

#663987 Oct 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"There's likely just as many "studies" that show prayer works as opposed to prayer doesn't work."
Dream on my friend.
I don't believe there are ANY scientific studies that prove prayer works.
We have millions of reports where biblicists have reported that their prayers were answered. All of them equally silly.

Arizona Senator, John McCain unsuccessfully ran against Barack Obama for the United States Presidency.

Does anyone doubt that McCain prayed to God to win? Yet he lost. OK, so God's answer to McCain was NO! That means that God's answer to Obama was YES!

Who wants to say that Obama is in the White House because his prayers
were answered over McCains?

Apologetic Christ-insanity-ists are very clever at inventing an escape route to avoid having to face the fact that their religion has more problems than a screen door has holes. It is just pathetic that Christ-insanity-ists behave like little children on the play ground than as responsible adults. If they didn't vote I would leave them alone.

Location hidden

#663988 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't work. He retired after 6 days.
LOL! So that is why no one has heard from him for the last 6,000 years.

Location hidden

#663989 Oct 13, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
“The anchoring function of scripture has taken a major hit for me. I learned the deep and unsolvable problems with even knowing what scripture says. We don't know authors, dates, or sources, in most cases. We don't have originals or even copies close to the originals.
For the gospels, virtually no two copies are alike, with many of the differences substantive, often betraying tampering to promote theological agendas. The Old Testament, of course, is filled with atrocities, arbitrariness, harsh punishment, God-endorsed slavery and child sacrifice and victimization of women, contradictions, unfulfilled prophecies, and inaccuracies.
But Christians allowed for this because of what's in the New Testament. But the New Testament narrative contains important historical errors in placing Jesus' birth. There is no good historical support for Jesus' life, death, or resurrection. And the New Testament has its own contradictions and implausibility’s.
The Gospels were written after the fall of Jerusalem (70 AD) that devastated the church, yet the later the Gospel, the more detailed and embellished the stories. And the early epistles, especially Paul's--written much earlier than the gospels, by a known author and contemporary of the founding of the church--don't support, or even mention, events of Jesus' life or teaching, and they do not claim an empty tomb or physical resurrection on earth“.--Richard Smith
http://www.infidels.org/kiosk/article875.html
Thank you for sharing that, it was an excellent commentary.

Here is something from Thomas Paine:

"It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what one does not believe. It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe, he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime.[Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]"

Thomas Paine (January 29, 1737 – June 8, 1809) was a British pamphleteer, revolutionary, radical, inventor, intellectual, and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. He lived and worked in Britain until age 37, when he emigrated to the British American colonies, in time to participate in the American Revolution. His principal contributions were the powerful, widely-read pamphlet Common Sense (1776), advocating colonial America's independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain, and The American Crisis (1776–1783), a pro-revolutionary pamphlet series.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#663990 Oct 13, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were an honest person RR, you would have provided evidence of an answered prayer instead of avoiding the problem by dismissing the question. So....
pot/kettle
That is only your opinion.
Obviously you will never admit to the fact that the claim of answered prayers is not true, it is something you people tell one another so you can feel superiour to normal rational people who try to be as honest and truthful as they can.
Your side on the other hand tries to be as dishonest, deceitful and deceptive as it is possible for you to be.
Because you can't be honest with us or yourself, you just accuse back the same thing. But what are the facts?
Where is evidence that prayer works?
All you have is the ruse that sometimes the answer is no because the prayer does not go along with God's alleged plans.
It is really impossible to deal with someone who refuses to be truthful and honest. What is left to do?
Basically your inability to answer honestly shows people that Christians and Christianity can not be trusted. If you wonder why the number of Christians are dwindling world wide it is because of what you do in this discussion.
I've already posted a few prayers of mine that were answered, I don't care to repeat myself.

Besides that, how could I prove a memory to you?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663991 Oct 13, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told the thief on the cross: Luke 23:43 "... Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."
This prophecy could not have been kept unless Jesus went to heaven that day, in which case he would not have been buried for three days.
So which is it?

Location hidden

#663992 Oct 13, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
They let you post, sir.
LOL! Good one!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663993 Oct 13, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! So that is why no one has heard from him for the last 6,000 years.
Not true.

I heard Him about 22 years ago.

I'm sure somebody has heard Him today...

Location hidden

#663994 Oct 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol...I was beginning to wonder if Ashley Madison had scroogled me!
Follow Dave Nelson's instructions and you won't see any more Ashley Madison. It is wonderful.

Location hidden

#663995 Oct 13, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You are one tedious little troll,_Alice_.
pot/kettle
OCB

United States

#663996 Oct 13, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
We have millions of reports where biblicists have reported that their prayers were answered. All of them equally silly.
Arizona Senator, John McCain unsuccessfully ran against Barack Obama for the United States Presidency.
Does anyone doubt that McCain prayed to God to win? Yet he lost. OK, so God's answer to McCain was NO! That means that God's answer to Obama was YES!
Who wants to say that Obama is in the White House because his prayers
were answered over McCains?
Apologetic Christ-insanity-ists are very clever at inventing an escape route to avoid having to face the fact that their religion has more problems than a screen door has holes. It is just pathetic that Christ-insanity-ists behave like little children on the play ground than as responsible adults. If they didn't vote I would leave them alone.
No doubt RR will tell you that his god doesn't answer all prayers and only answers certain prayers very selectively.

So while the person who says "dear God please let me find my car keys" and then finds them had his prayer answered.

But John McCain praying to god to win the election either isn't worthy of having god answer his prayer or else the prayer isn't worthy of being answered by the god RR believes in.

Location hidden

#663997 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now let me tell you why generation doesn't really mean generation. You see, in the original text, the word for generation is "ballsachek," and can mean generation in the typical sense, and it can also mean generation in the sense that we can apply whatever meaning we want to it and therefore elude any responsibility for our prophet's inability to keep a promise.
Also, let me share with you some contradictory statements that, to any rational human being, would cast doubt on their source, but are in actuality the lifeblood of biblical analysis. You see, jesus also said that no man knows the day and the hour, even though he also said that he would come back before a generation passed. Obviously, we can ignore the latter promise, and latch on to the former statement, because if we didn't then we might have to face a hard truth.
I would like to see RR face a hard truth.

Location hidden

#663998 Oct 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, clearly it is, because christians can't move mountains! Duh! It's god's will!
Goodness apologism is easy.
Nothing impossible for those with even the smallest amount of faith?

St. Paul tells us it is impossible for God to lie.

THEREFORE: Believers with little faith can do everything while God can't.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663999 Oct 13, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No doubt RR will tell you that his god doesn't answer all prayers and only answers certain prayers very selectively.
So while the person who says "dear God please let me find my car keys" and then finds them had his prayer answered.
But John McCain praying to god to win the election either isn't worthy of having god answer his prayer or else the prayer isn't worthy of being answered by the god RR believes in.
Negative.

I have never said that God answers prayers selectively, not even close to that.

What's up with all the straw men, OCB?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#664000 Oct 13, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing impossible for those with even the smallest amount of faith?
St. Paul tells us it is impossible for God to lie.
THEREFORE: Believers with little faith can do everything while God can't.
Chosoe your words carefully.

Numbers 23:19:“God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”

1 Samuel 15:29:“And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor relent. For He is not a man, that He should relent.”

Psalm 92:15:“To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.”

Malachi 3:6:“For I am the Lord, I do not change.”

Romans 3:4:“Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar.”

Titus 1:2:“In hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began.”

Hebrews 6:18:“[I]t is impossible for God to lie.”

James 1:17-18:“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.”

Nowhere does is say that it's "impossible" for God to lie.

Location hidden

#664001 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your goal with this topic? Are you trying to make me believe prayer doesn't work?
Since I know it does and I've had lots of prayers answered, nothing you post and no "study" will convince me otherwise.
That's honest, it's completely stupid, but it's honest.

Location hidden

#664002 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I know that prayer works, I've had prayers answered.
Your prayers that no one find out you are lying weren't answered.

Location hidden

#664003 Oct 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Chosoe your words carefully.
Hebrews 6:18:“[I]t is impossible for God to lie.”
Nowhere does is say that it's "impossible" for God to lie.
What game are you playing now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 29 min Freebird USA 30,843
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 52 min Doctor REALITY 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min Seentheotherside 687,215
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,313
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 3 hr Sandy 40
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) 4 hr Oneryders Daughter 13
More from around the web