Prove there's a god.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#663793 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I haven't met your expectations of flailings and frustration.
We're still friends, right?
Unfortunately, you have what in my view are serious character defects (I need not repeat them, I'm sure) that preclude friendship at the present time.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not as bad off as Skom--he's a basket case and is driving off people you respect. And if you don't see that, well, you're worse off than I thought.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#663794 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gosh.
Six months??
Six whole months?
LMAO. I have a combined 33 years of experience.
You were saying?
Okay- first of all, you said today that an 11 year old's mind is too childish to understand about sex or understand as we adults do.

Hilarious that you included yourself in that, btw....

Anyway, you claimed an 11 year old's mind is too childish to understand about sex, yet within the past 6 months or so, you have stated that a 6 month old BABY understands that it is being disciplined and knows that it is behaving in a certain way and is simply being a spoiled brat.

As I mentioned earlier, you give INFANTS more credit for intellectual and emotional maturity than you give to eleven year olds.

On top of that, a loaded gun in the bedroom of your teenage sons, along with the inordinate amount of time you spend on Topix and I know you are NOT working ALL of that time or that at least there have been numerous times you were not working but were here on Topix instead when that time could have been spent with your sons- and your wife.

Next- you conveniently ignored my post in which I informed you that at 15 years old I lived with my uncle for a year and took care of his 3 children- 3 years old, 2 years old and a baby.

Added to that are my many friends with children- now adults- but these are very long term friendships and I spent a great deal of time with their children and often without the parents being there.

While I may not be an expert on child rearing and parenting, either are YOU.

And at least I have the excuse of not being a parent; what's YOUR excuse that leads you to think hitting 6 month old babies is fine and perfectly acceptable and that it's fine and perfectly acceptable to have a loaded gun in the bedroom of teenage boys?

And many of my parents have asked my advice and have valued it since I could be more objective than they could about various issues with their kids at various stages of their lives.

My opinion is respected, my ability to deal with children of all ages in a very positive and constructive way has been noted numerous times as has the fact that kids like me and naturally take to me.

Those are some of the reasons why I've been told many times I would have been a great parent.

You are stuck in the moronic mindset that anyone who doesn't have kids can't know anything about them.

I was almost doubled over in laughter when I read your post in which you ASSumed I knew nothing about babies and little kids liking to run around naked.

And that is just one example of MANY stupid ASSumptions you've made about me today and my experience with and knowledge of children.

Stuff it out your ear.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663795 Oct 11, 2013
Should read:

And many of my *friends who are* parents have asked my advice and have valued it since I could be more objective than they could about various issues with their kids at various stages of their lives.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663796 Oct 11, 2013
Or stuff it *in* your ear- whatever- just STUFF it, RR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663797 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
You're also speculating when you said "IDIOTS like you having babies while COUNTLESS people have told ME what a GREAT parent I would have been."
That's why it's so easily dismissed.
You're an idiot. You've had babies.

Those are facts.

I rest my case.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#663798 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, you have what in my view are serious character defects (I need not repeat them, I'm sure) that preclude friendship at the present time.
If it makes you feel any better, you're not as bad off as Skom--he's a basket case and is driving off people you respect. And if you don't see that, well, you're worse off than I thought.
I told you one time that you were frustrating me and you've elevated that to an anger management problem.

Quite the straw man you got there.

Skom is making sense, sorry if your cronies don't get what he's saying.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663799 Oct 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
You're an idiot. You've had babies.
Those are facts.
I rest my case.
I've more than 'had babies'.

I've had babies, raised those babies into toddlers then small boys then big boys and soon to be adults.

Between my two sons it's over 30 years of child rearing.

You do not understand all that that entails.

You can't understand it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663800 Oct 11, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- first of all, you said today that an 11 year old's mind is too childish to understand about sex or understand as we adults do.
Hilarious that you included yourself in that, btw....
Anyway, you claimed an 11 year old's mind is too childish to understand about sex, yet within the past 6 months or so, you have stated that a 6 month old BABY understands that it is being disciplined and knows that it is behaving in a certain way and is simply being a spoiled brat.
As I mentioned earlier, you give INFANTS more credit for intellectual and emotional maturity than you give to eleven year olds.
On top of that, a loaded gun in the bedroom of your teenage sons, along with the inordinate amount of time you spend on Topix and I know you are NOT working ALL of that time or that at least there have been numerous times you were not working but were here on Topix instead when that time could have been spent with your sons- and your wife.
Next- you conveniently ignored my post in which I informed you that at 15 years old I lived with my uncle for a year and took care of his 3 children- 3 years old, 2 years old and a baby.
Added to that are my many friends with children- now adults- but these are very long term friendships and I spent a great deal of time with their children and often without the parents being there.
While I may not be an expert on child rearing and parenting, either are YOU.
And at least I have the excuse of not being a parent; what's YOUR excuse that leads you to think hitting 6 month old babies is fine and perfectly acceptable and that it's fine and perfectly acceptable to have a loaded gun in the bedroom of teenage boys?
And many of my parents have asked my advice and have valued it since I could be more objective than they could about various issues with their kids at various stages of their lives.
My opinion is respected, my ability to deal with children of all ages in a very positive and constructive way has been noted numerous times as has the fact that kids like me and naturally take to me.
Those are some of the reasons why I've been told many times I would have been a great parent.
You are stuck in the moronic mindset that anyone who doesn't have kids can't know anything about them.
I was almost doubled over in laughter when I read your post in which you ASSumed I knew nothing about babies and little kids liking to run around naked.
And that is just one example of MANY stupid ASSumptions you've made about me today and my experience with and knowledge of children.
Stuff it out your ear.
Correct.
Hilarious? I am an adult, OCB.

Instead of using the word "childish", would it help your PC liberal mind if I said their minds are not developed enough to understand?

If you knew my boys and saw them with their guns, you'd feel as safe about it as I do.

You were 15 and say you "took care" of kids. Why wouldn't I ignore that? You were a live in babysitter, that's very different than being a parent. You don't understand.

'Spending time' with your friends kids is not nearly the same as having a child of your own. You don't understand.

That you've been told you'd be a good mama is speculative and irrelevant.

You DON'T know shit about babies. You think a babysitting job here and there and friends that have babies that come visit you is equivalent to knowing what it's like to have your own child. THAT shows your ignorance about kids.

I don't see the big deal here, OCB. So what if you're not experienced with kids? So what? Why do you take such offense to being ignorant of something?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663801 Oct 11, 2013
OCB wrote:

Don't give me that old song and dance. You've posted just as much as me today, if not more.

Right now, my oldest son is already off school and is going to his friends house to stay the night. I expect a call from him any minute now, when he gets there.

My younger son won't be home for another 35 minutes or so.

My wife is at work, for another few hours.

My horse is fed.

The dogs are sleeping on the porch.

The cats are sleeping in various places.

The chickens have good and water and no new eggs today.

The only thing I gotta do right now is bring the trashcans in.

So. Who exactly am I neglecting right now by posting online ?

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#663802 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you one time that you were frustrating me and you've elevated that to an anger management problem.
Quite the straw man you got there.
Skom is making sense, sorry if your cronies don't get what he's saying.
I have no cronies.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#663803 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Hilarious? I am an adult, OCB.
Instead of using the word "childish", would it help your PC liberal mind if I said their minds are not developed enough to understand?
If you knew my boys and saw them with their guns, you'd feel as safe about it as I do.
You were 15 and say you "took care" of kids. Why wouldn't I ignore that? You were a live in babysitter, that's very different than being a parent. You don't understand.
'Spending time' with your friends kids is not nearly the same as having a child of your own. You don't understand.
That you've been told you'd be a good mama is speculative and irrelevant.
You DON'T know shit about babies. You think a babysitting job here and there and friends that have babies that come visit you is equivalent to knowing what it's like to have your own child. THAT shows your ignorance about kids.
I don't see the big deal here, OCB. So what if you're not experienced with kids? So what? Why do you take such offense to being ignorant of something?
Menendez brothers.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663804 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Menendez brothers.
Corsican brothers.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663805 Oct 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I have no cronies.
A crony is a close friend.

Or a companion.

That you admit to having neither is sad.

Sorry, man.

I'll pray for you.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#663806 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Specifically? All of it.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
<quoted text>
It makes it easy to prove your point when all you gotta do is change one word.
The Bible doesn't say "inspired"...
Just sayin'
I know it doesn't, then why do you think only certain texts are suitable for use? As in - only the biblical canon in bibles today?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663807 Oct 11, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

I know it doesn't, then why do you think only certain texts are suitable for use? As in - only the biblical canon in bibles today?
I've never said that.

I've inly implied that certain translations are worthy because they're translated as best and as honestly as possible.

Are you referring to certain texts? Gnostic texts, maybe?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#663808 Oct 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
YES - i'm off-the-charts and literally out of this world wacko, but you're of this world and that's why you can't understand me.
my Master Jesus said something to this end about Himself and that His disciples would be treated the same way in this world as well so thanks for confirming my faith;)
Yeah, and Jesus also said that he would be back in the lifetime of his followers....never trust a religionist.

Jesus also said you could move mountains with prayer/faith....wrong.

Jesus may not have even existed my friend. The only power he has (if he existed) is what you yourself give to him.
Herbie

Tampa, FL

#663809 Oct 11, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
You are allowed to exist.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663810 Oct 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and Jesus also said that he would be back in the lifetime of his followers....never trust a religionist.
Jesus also said you could move mountains with prayer/faith....wrong.
Jesus may not have even existed my friend. The only power he has (if he existed) is what you yourself give to him.
Are you referring to Luke 23? "43 Jesus answered him,“Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”"

Or is it Matthew 24? "34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

Move mountains? Lol, metaphor eludes you?

Jesus did exist.

Evolution is true.....

#663811 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to Luke 23? "43 Jesus answered him,“Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”"
Or is it Matthew 24? "34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."
Jesus did exist.
Maybe, my friend, maybe. Lot of evidence against. Just faith for.

Evolution is true.....

#663812 Oct 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Doesn't sound like metaphor to me.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min NotSoDivineMsM 30,982
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 40 min kent 687,235
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min David S Pumpkins 286,549
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 3 hr Jack Pitan 9
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,792
Topix is run by a bunch of GAY LOSERS 8 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 9 hr Doctor REALIUTY 6
More from around the web