Prove there's a god.
Shaddup

Oglesby, TX

#663335 Oct 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It means they see it as a source or revenue.
It isn't heath care it's 16.9+ trillion dollar debt care.
If Ocb can't see it for what it is , it's because if it sounds too good to be true.
It's about personal responsibility:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opinion/2...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#663336 Oct 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It means they see it as a source or revenue.
It isn't heath care it's 16.9+ trillion dollar debt care.
If Ocb can't see it for what it is , it's because if it sounds too good to be true.
BTW, still waiting for that link or source from a REPUTABLE site proving your claim that premiums for those insured will be going up 200 or 300% or at least 99%.

All I can tell you is that I would find it "odd" if that were true for if it was, that doesn't explain why for the first time EVER my premium for the coming year of 2014 did not go up ONE RED CENT.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663337 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I admitted to confusing the terms copay and deductible.
But I know what a copay is.
You lied, just admit it.
No- I didn't lie. You confused the terms because you're clueless about health insurance.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663339 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this how you admit to a lie?
Sigh.....just to make you happy, RR- okay, I "lied".

How about addressing my post?

Again and in short:

Let's say you didn't have health insurance but needed surgery that cost $200,000.

How much would you be willing/able to pay the hospital/doctor each month?

Even if you paid $2000 a month, it would take over 8 years for you to pay off that debt and that's assuming no interest was added on to that debt.

Do you honestly think a doctor or hospital has to- or should- wait over EIGHT years for a bill for services rendered to be paid?

And even if they would accept YOUR terms, if you could afford to pay them $2,000 a month, that is proof you could afford health insurance to begin with.

Quit dancing around the question, RR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663342 Oct 10, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
I just did a little "test" from the first link you provided:

Household income in 2014:
305% of poverty level
Unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014:
$2,580
Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:
9.5%
Amount you pay for the premium:
$2,580 per year
(which equals 7.37% of your household income and covers 100% of the overall premium)
You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:
$0
(which covers 0% of the overall premium)

So it's telling me I would pay $2,580 a year if health insurance was NOT available through my employer.

Maybe I should tell him to ditch the plan, since my premium now costs $9,000 a year of which my employer pays half.

Yeah- WAAYYYY too expensive, huh?

RR and all the other anti-health insurance for ALL people are nothing more than a bunch of whining, spoiled uninformed BRATS.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#663344 Oct 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What YOU don't get is that insurance WILL be affordable for the vast majority of Americans.
For those who still can't afford it, there will be corresponding tax credits to help offset and defray what they will have to pay for health insurance.
What aren't YOU getting *about* that???
I never said ANYONE would get free healthcare.
That is YOUR sticking point, not mine, but unlike you, I don't think health care should be free; you obviously do.
That's the same thing that caused the housing bubble collapse.
You start off getting low payments , then they increase.
That tax credit is going to end, then you are stuck.

Oh we will help by giving you free dope, once you get started you have to buy your own dope.

Look at it this way, many people cannot afford to pay their car insurance. N/P they just quit driving and turn in your tag and you get no fine. With obamacare you have no out, except die.

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/10702

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#663346 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, "Oba-mama" is demeaning, but "Hussein"?
That's his name; Barack Hussein Obama.
What's the deal?
I prefer "Barry Hussein Bin-Laden Oba-mama", but that's just me.
You attempt here to be cute, in order to push another person's buttons.

Another poor trait, that will work against you in personal relationships.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663347 Oct 10, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
The first test I did was based on income for one person of $35,000 a year.

I just did another test based on income for one person for $20,000 a year.

Here are those results:

Household income in 2014:
174% of poverty level
Unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014:
$2,580
Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:
5.11%
Amount you pay for the premium:
$1,021 per year
(which equals 5.11% of your household income and covers 40% of the overall premium)
You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:
$1,558
(which covers 60% of the overall premium)

So a person earning $20,000 a year would wind up paying just $1,021 a year AFTER the tax credit which pays over 50% of the total premium.

Now let's wait for RR to whine and bitch that someone who earns only $20,000 a year can't afford to pay $85 a month for health insurance.

After all, RR is now showing SUCH concern for low-income earners that he may be becoming a liberal- ROFLMAO!!
Bob

Mount Vernon, OH

#663349 Oct 10, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>1. Nope. The atheist is accountable to tangible things, like friends, family, employers, employees, and Society. The theist gets an imaginary get out of eternal torture for finite thought and actual crimes from the Invisible Immoral Daddy.
2. By what determination did you decide that Yeahnoway is moral? By its dictatorial proclamation? By it's subjective morality by fiat?
No. You used the Societial mores from the culture in which you were raised. You didn't study the Euthyphro Dilemma as I asked, did you?
The argument can clearly be made that "faith" is the most immoral construct of all. Genuflecting before a maniacal dictator just because it demands it is not only immoral, and an unethical demand, it is un-American. We the People. Not lords. Not gods. Not masters. We. The. People.
Society decides what is moral. Take the death penalty. Sometimes legal, sometimes not. Christianity has been dragged kicking and screaming into the 19th Century by superior secular morality. Take slavery. The Booble is a veritable primer and utter endorsement of the practice. Yet, it is illegal. Why? Not due to the mores contained in your dusty book of nonsense.
Your idiotic book is filled with pages of immoral acts by today's standards, all either sanctioned or ordered by Yeahnoway. Fortunately your decoder ring allows you to cherry pick whatever you want and hold your nose against the unpalatable parts.
The last bit of evidence is your need to misrepresent the positions of others in order to promote your brand of Christianity, Inc. You can't defend it so you lie about others. That, in itself, is utterly immoral by my standards. I find your position faulty, illogical, and reprehensible, but, that is what it takes to call yourself a Christian in today's marketplace.
1. Christians have all of those other 'tangible' things too.

2. Whether or not you agree that it is moral....I try to understand 'morality' as it is defined in the Bible (a fixed source outside of myself) even when I 'might not like' every aspect of it....
..this is arguably more objective than deciding on my own relative morality, or choosing some group think that happens to feel good to me individually.

all that other crap you said...blah blah blah...your hypocrisy is unbelievable....you did far more misrepresentation of others than anything I did in my little short post....is it a lie if I say atheists define morality for themselves, when I believe it to be true?

Fremont, CA

#663350 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, ma'am.
The correlation is the names.
Madass Hussein
Barrack Hussein Obama.
Glad I could clear that up for you.
Here's another example.

If you talk to your kids like that, well, they fear you so there isn't much they can do about it.

But if you talk that way to your wife, sooner or later you'll get some bad news.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#663351 Oct 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the same thing that caused the housing bubble collapse.
You start off getting low payments , then they increase.
That tax credit is going to end, then you are stuck.
Oh we will help by giving you free dope, once you get started you have to buy your own dope.
Look at it this way, many people cannot afford to pay their car insurance. N/P they just quit driving and turn in your tag and you get no fine. With obamacare you have no out, except die.
http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/10702
What is your source that the tax credit will end?

That's how the world works, Aura- prices for all goods and services DO increase from time to time....

But as far as the tax credit ending, is that what you learned from your crystal ball?

And I'm STILL waiting for your source that premiums will go up 200 or 300% or at least 99%.

And waiting and waiting and waiting.....

And what out do those who ARE insured have to do to not be burdened by ever increasing and skyrocketing insurance premiums which in part, are used to subsidize and pay for all those unpaid medical bills?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#663352 Oct 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"We’ll start with a 6,000+- year old earth"
you didn't provide any 'proof', sir, you only cut and pasted theories/beliefs of your prophets and priests whom i reject similar to how you reject mine.
NOTHING found on earth or in the cosmos can be proven to be over about 10,000 years old:)
Just what do you think would be proof?

Define your idea of proof please.

I provide links to real scientific organizations and/or those who aggregate science news.

Is this your way of denial.

And yes there is actual proof that most things on earth are well over 10,000 years old. But, you're a YEC, so there's no hope for you.

Fremont, CA

#663353 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying.
I dare you.
One more example of the type of approach that will not hold you in good stead with those around you.

There are better ways to articulate your views, and it's important, for your own sake, when you communicate with those you care about.

Evolution is true.....

#663354 Oct 10, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"We’ll start with a 6,000+- year old earth"
you didn't provide any 'proof', sir, you only cut and pasted theories/beliefs of your prophets and priests whom i reject similar to how you reject mine.
NOTHING found on earth or in the cosmos can be proven to be over about 10,000 years old:)
There was NO cut and paste in that post my friend. The only thing I did was post links.

Lets see you post 'proofs' for your belief.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#663355 Oct 10, 2013
Shaddup wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't take a cup of water from your disgusting persona after a week in the Sahara. Any frustration is a byproduct of the incredulity that the misinformation and lunacy that the Topix Christian provided.
see what i'm say'n? i wouldn't wanna live another day like you are and i'm here to explain why you don't hafta!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#663356 Oct 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not only is my name not Gladys, you are too mired in your own immoral and deviant ways; in other words, there is no hope for you because you are just too lost.
And sadder than that is that you LIKE being as lost as you are.
in other words - you have no hope to provide for those who aren't perfect according to your ideology of perfection - gotcha!:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#663357 Oct 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
What YOU don't get is that insurance WILL be affordable for the vast majority of Americans.
What..........about..........t he..........people..........th at..........can't..........aff ord..........it..........

Answer the damned question.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663358 Oct 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, king of the nit-pickers- "many"- not "all".
So by the same token, I guess you would think that the videos I posted of McCain and Romney supporters are representative of "many" who voted for them, right?
I didn't lie about ANYTHING, RR.
Yes you did.

You said that I think those twelve voters are representative of all Obama voters.

That is a lie.

BTW, "many" and "all" are stikingly different words. Just sayin'

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663359 Oct 10, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I can see it for what it is, and of course, it's not perfect and is not without flaws.
However, when compared to our current health insurance problems, it is MUCH better than the current status quo.
What makes it much better? Just summarize, please. Maybe list like a few key points.

Go.

Evolution is true.....

#663360 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your beliefs.
Not beliefs my friend they are testable facts, totally unlike your beliefs.

YEC's are in denial

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 92,407
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 min Rosa_Winkel 445,564
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min MUQ2 285,972
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min lisw 183,613
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Joe Fortuna 2,024
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Chuck 667,635
I adore phoning Samaritans getting female and w... 5 hr 22 and hard 10 in... 1
More from around the web