Prove there's a god.
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#662934 Oct 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
HDLP turns into arterial plaque.
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5655474_foods-plaqu...
dont believe everything what some so called "experts" tell you.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#662935 Oct 9, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Jazz Hands, everyone! Jazz Hands!
2, 3, 4....
...and hit a slammin' beat with a vajazzled kitteh!

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#662936 Oct 9, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are of the opinion that religion is causing trouble in the world. I am of the opinion that politics is, and has always been, causing trouble in the world.
Not that I believe we should do away with politics. Politics is necessary for order and civilisation. I'm just merely stating its troubles.

Which of your politicians is not religious.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#662937 Oct 9, 2013
I BELIEVE wrote:
I will pray for all you non believers, God Bless your soul.....sad sad sad
You will get your PROOF when you are thrown into the Firey Pitts of HELL !!!!
MWUWHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh the smell and sound of crunchy burning atheists!

You religious folks really are creepy...
christINSANITY is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#662938 Oct 9, 2013
Ahmed wrote:
Every natural thing around you is proof! You know nothing can be created, by man or God, without someone creating it, right?! I hope you do. Otherwise it's pointless answering your question for you!
so what created god?

I think the universe always existed

http://youtu.be/nZiROWO6iVs

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#662939 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Please show the Genesis verse that says 6,000 years ago.
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...

"The date forever tied to Bishop Ussher appears in the first paragraph of the first page of The Annals. Ussher wrote:“In the beginning, God created heaven and earth, which beginning of time, according to this chronology, occurred at the beginning of the night which preceded the 23rd of October in the year 710 of the Julian period.” In the right margin of the page, Ussher computes the date in “Christian” time as 4004 B.C. "

"The Bible itself provides all the information necessary to conclude that Creation occurred less than 5,000 years before the birth of Christ. Shakespeare, in As You Like It, has his character Rosalind say,“The poor world is almost six thousand years old.” Martin Luther, the great reformer, favored (liking the round number) 4000 B.C. as a date for creation. Astronomer Johannes Kepler concluded that 3992 B.C. was the probable date. "

Ussher began his calculation by adding the ages of the twenty-one generations of people of the Hebrew-derived OT, beginning with Adam. If the Bible is to be believed, they were an exceptionally long-lived lot. Genesis, tells us that “Adam lived 930 years and he died.” Adam’s great-great-great-great-great- grandson, Methuselah, claimed the longevity record, coming in at 969 years. Healthier living conditions contributed, to the long life spans of the early generations of the Bible. Josephus, a Jewish theologian writing in the first century:“Their food was fitter for the prolongation of life…and besides, God afforded them a longer lifespan on account of their virtue.”

To calculate the length of time since Creation, knowledge of more than the ages of death of the twenty-one generations was required; one also needed to know the ages of people of each generation at the time the next generation began. Fortunately, the Bible provided that information as well. For example, Genesis says that at the time Adam gave birth to his first son, Seth, he had “lived 130 years.” Augustine (as might a lot of people) wondered how a 130-year-old man could sire a child. He concluded that “the earth then produced mightier men” and that they reached puberty much later than did people of his own generation.

The Old Testament’s genealogy took Ussher up to the first destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem during the reign of Persian king Nebuchadnezzar. Ussher’s key to precisely dating Creation came from pinning down, by references in non-Christian sources, the precise dates of Nebuchadnezzar’s reign. He finally found the answer in a list of Babylonian kings produced by the Greek astronomer Ptolemy in the second century. By connecting Greek events to Roman history, Ussher tied the date of Nebuchanezzar’s death (562 B.C.) to the modern Julian calendar. Once the date of 562 B.C. was calculated, there remained only the simple matter of adding 562 years to the 3,442 years represented by the generations of the Old Testament up to that time: 4004.

Ussher next turned his attention to identifying the precise date of Creation. Like many of his contemporary scholars, he assumed that God would choose to create the world on a date that corresponded with the sun being at one of its four cardinal points—either the winter or summer solstice or the vernal or autumnal equinox. This view sprang from the belief that God had a special interest in mathematical and astronomical harmony. The deciding factor for Ussher came from Genesis. When Adam and Eve found themselves in the Garden of Eden, the fruit was invitingly ripe. Ussher reasoned, therefore, that it must have been harvest time, which corresponded with the autumnal equinox:“I have observed that the Sunday, which in the year [4004 B.C.] aforesaid, came nearest the Autumnal Aequinox, by Astronomical Tables, happened upon the 23 day of the Julian October.”

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#662940 Oct 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dyslexia must be contagious, I thought I saw ky.:-/
Odd.

I saw Astro-Glide...

fip fip fip fip fip fip

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662941 Oct 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't the world know of the "facts" that prove God does exist? Oh, that's right, there aren't any.
And it is easy to explain why there are no facts isn't it RR. You want to explain why there are no facts proving the existence of God?
There are facts, just not facts that you'll accept.

That's your problem, not mine.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662942 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Please show the Genesis verse that says 6,000 years ago.
Reverend Alan wrote:
"The date forever tied to Bishop Ussher appears in the first paragraph of the first page of The Annals. Ussher wrote stuff
Hey that's great.

But I didn't ask what Ussher thought, I asked what Genesis verse says 6,000 years ago.

Now, please show the Genesis verse that says 6,000 years ago.

Go.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#662943 Oct 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...
"The date forever tied to Bishop Ussher appears in the first paragraph of the first page of The Annals. Ussher wrote:“In the beginning, God created heaven and earth, which beginning of time, according to this chronology, occurred at the beginning of the night which preceded the 23rd of October in the year 710 of the Julian period.” In the right margin of the page, Ussher computes the date in “Christian” time as 4004 B.C. "
"The Bible itself provides all the information necessary to conclude that Creation occurred less than 5,000 years before the birth of Christ. Shakespeare, in As You Like It, has his character Rosalind say,“The poor world is almost six thousand years old.” Martin Luther, the great reformer, favored (liking the round number) 4000 B.C. as a date for creation. Astronomer Johannes Kepler concluded that 3992 B.C. was the probable date. "
Ussher began his calculation by adding the ages of the twenty-one generations of people of the Hebrew-derived OT, beginning with Adam. If the Bible is to be believed, they were an exceptionally long-lived lot. Genesis, tells us that “Adam lived 930 years and he died.” Adam’s great-great-great-great-great- grandson, Methuselah, claimed the longevity record, coming in at 969 years. Healthier living conditions contributed, to the long life spans of the early generations of the Bible. Josephus, a Jewish theologian writing in the first century:“Their food was fitter for the prolongation of life…and besides, God afforded them a longer lifespan on account of their virtue.”
To calculate the length of time since Creation, knowledge of more than the ages of death of the twenty-one generations was required; one also needed to know the ages of people of each generation at the time the next generation began. Fortunately, the Bible provided that information as well. For example, Genesis says that at the time Adam gave birth to his first son, Seth, he had “lived 130 years.” Augustine (as might a lot of people) wondered how a 130-year-old man could sire a child. He concluded that “the earth then produced mightier men” and that they reached puberty much later than did people of his own generation.
The Old Testament’s genealogy took Ussher up to the first destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem during the reign of Persian king Nebuchadnezzar. Ussher’s key to precisely dating Creation came from pinning down, by references in non-Christian sources, the precise dates of Nebuchadnezzar’s reign. He finally found the answer in a list of Babylonian kings produced by the Greek astronomer Ptolemy in the second century. By connecting Greek events to Roman history, Ussher tied the date of Nebuchanezzar’s death (562 B.C.) to the modern Julian calendar. Once the date of 562 B.C. was calculated, there remained only the simple matter of adding 562 years to the 3,442 years represented by the generations of the Old Testament up to that time: 4004.
Ussher next turned his attention to identifying the precise date of Creation. Like many of his contemporary scholars, he assumed that God would choose to create the world on a date that corresponded with the sun being at one of its four cardinal points—either the winter or summer solstice or the vernal or autumnal equinox. This view sprang from the belief that God had a special interest in mathematical and astronomical harmony. The deciding factor for Ussher came from Genesis. When Adam and Eve found themselves in the Garden of Eden, the fruit was invitingly ripe. Ussher reasoned, therefore, that it must have been harvest time, which corresponded with the autumnal equinox:“I have observed that the Sunday, which in the year [4004 B.C.] aforesaid, came nearest the Autumnal Aequinox, by Astronomical Tables, happened upon the 23 day of the Julian October.”
Sorry Rev, that wasn't the Genesis verse.... good try though...

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#662944 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Specifically? All of it.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
So...wait...the bible is the word of god because the bible SAYS the bible is the word of god?

LOL

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#662945 Oct 9, 2013
christINSANITY is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
so what created god?
I think the universe always existed
http://youtu.be/nZiROWO6iVs
You will get the same evasive run around that the Christ-insanity-ists are famous for when it comes to answering that.

They claim [except for RR who has never claimed anything in his life] that God doesn't need a creator because God has always existed which is of course no answer at all but a cop out.

If the pew warming Christ-insanity-ists can accept God having always existed why not the Universe?

There is evidence that something, not the Universe as we experience it today, but something, has always existed and as always there is not a shred of evidence anywhere that any God exists or has ever existed.

Clearly something other than the Christian Santa Claus has always existed and clearly the Christian Santa Claus is a myth that has outlived its usefulness, if it ever had any usefulness.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#662946 Oct 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dyslexia must be contagious, I thought I saw ky.:-/
silicone is better....so I've been told

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#662947 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There are facts, just not facts that you'll accept.
That's your problem, not mine.
As always you are wrong. I do not have a problem with there not being any God but I do have a problem with your inability to face facts; there is no such thing as God. That is a fact. It is unfortunate that you refuse to accept it. Your life is diminished because you believe the silly stories your mamma told you.

What you are calling facts are nothing more than deeply held beliefs.

If you had anything even slightly convincing that would suggest that your evil God existed you could not type fast enough to present it.

Until then all you have is your defective mind and your defective Bible. Neither are of any help to you.

Please tell me how people who believe in God are different in their day to day behaviour from people who do not accept your wholly unconvincing assertions that this Santa God of yours actually exists.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#662948 Oct 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can, with a background check from FBI/BATF and $200.00 tax stamp.
http://www.autoweapons.com/products/destructi...
How about maybe a couple of anti aircraft missles?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662949 Oct 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
As always you are wrong. I do not have a problem with there not being any God but I do have a problem with your inability to face facts; there is no such thing as God. That is a fact. It is unfortunate that you refuse to accept it. Your life is diminished because you believe the silly stories your mamma told you.
What you are calling facts are nothing more than deeply held beliefs.
If you had anything even slightly convincing that would suggest that your evil God existed you could not type fast enough to present it.
Until then all you have is your defective mind and your defective Bible. Neither are of any help to you.
Please tell me how people who believe in God are different in their day to day behaviour from people who do not accept your wholly unconvincing assertions that this Santa God of yours actually exists.
Fact: humans breathe oxygen.

Fact: people sit on chairs.

Fact: birds chirp.

Fact: it rains.

Fact: fish swim.

Those facts are undeniable and easily provable.

You claim "there is no god and that's a fact".

Prove it. Show your facts.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#662950 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Please show the Genesis verse that says 6,000 years ago.
<quoted text>
Hey that's great.
But I didn't ask what Ussher thought, I asked what Genesis verse says 6,000 years ago.
Go.
This is how it always is with you; one dog and pony show after another.

Luke 4:5, "The devil led him up to a high place and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time....
And he took him up and let him see all the kingdoms of the earth...

The Bible also does not say the earth is flat in those exact words, however a reasonable intelligent reader [you are neither RR] would see that the only way Luke 4:5 could be remotely true would be if the earth was flat.

In a normal exchange it is correct to say the Bible says the earth is flat.

Being a dishonest, deceptive and deceitful wanna-be apologist you hang onto the only thread left for you to hang onto. You prove that you intentionally want to be dishonest and you prove you will not answer the hard questions which prove the Bible is a joke just like you are a joke but instead make up little obstacles to try and derail the discussion so you can pretend you have a credible belief system; you do not.

American King James Version 1 Samuel 2:8, "... for the pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and he has set the world on them."

The earth rests on pillars?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#662951 Oct 9, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How about maybe a couple of anti aircraft missles?
You will have to build those yourself.
There is no legit reason you can claim to need a AA missile.
So it's not that you can own one, it's nobody's got one to sell.
Sure there is got to be a limit, nobody is going to trust you with WMDs.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#662952 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go.
Please show where Genesis doesn't say 6,000 years ago.

"And this is the number of them: Thirty (30) charges of gold, a thousand (1,000) charges of silver, nine and twenty (29) knives, Thirty (30) basins of gold, silver basins of a second sort four hundred and ten (410), and vessels a thousand (1,000). All the vessels of gold and of silver were five thousand and four hundred (5,400)" (Ezra 1:9-11).

Even if all these items were composed of silver and gold, they would not total 5,400 (30+ 1,000+ 29 + 30 + 410 + 1,000=2,499 not 5,400).

The Bible tells us that 2,499 is 5,400.

If you want to know how old the Bible says the earth is shit for brains, you can start reading it and do the math.
Bongo

Brentwood, NY

#662953 Oct 9, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show where Genesis doesn't say 6,000 years ago.
"And this is the number of them: Thirty (30) charges of gold, a thousand (1,000) charges of silver, nine and twenty (29) knives, Thirty (30) basins of gold, silver basins of a second sort four hundred and ten (410), and vessels a thousand (1,000). All the vessels of gold and of silver were five thousand and four hundred (5,400)" (Ezra 1:9-11).
Even if all these items were composed of silver and gold, they would not total 5,400 (30+ 1,000+ 29 + 30 + 410 + 1,000=2,499 not 5,400).
The Bible tells us that 2,499 is 5,400.
If you want to know how old the Bible says the earth is shit for brains, you can start reading it and do the math.
Hey rev, im having a govt shutdown party. Would you be kind enough to get me 20 hits of that great LSD youre always taking?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Peace_Warrior 612,915
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min karl44 599,894
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 41 min dollarsbill 6,507
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,891
Any sexy girls send me pics of your sexy feet plz 1 hr Ilovefeet15 1
Pro Lifers Are The Same As liberals 1 hr Burke Devlin 25
Im a man who enjoys wearing womens panties 2 hr Pantyman57 1
The Christian Atheist debate 4 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 2,016
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 17 hr Frannie 44
More from around the web