Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#662867 Oct 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest,one would have to admit that man did all that when they wrote the Bible, without double-checking their work.
This and other forums have posted many times the contradictions and "untruths" within the Bible, thus makingthe Bible not completely truthful nor completely accurate, as much as so-called "Christians" want to claim otherwise.
EX. donkeys don't talk
No one has shown contradictions in the Bible. I've shut them all down.

Numbers 22:28
Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and it said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?"

The donkey didn't talk, The Lord did.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#662868 Oct 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst punishment for a liar is not that others won't believe him.
It's that he won't be able to believe others.
That's funny coming from someone who claims to have taken the classes that refine the ability to lie with a straight face, in a courtroom, and NOT twitch.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#662869 Oct 9, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Jazz Hands, everyone! Jazz Hands!
2, 3, 4....
EXACTLY - LOL!

Location hidden

#662870 Oct 9, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Your so-called "conscious entity" does NOT need the "god" label smacked on it because karma is karma is karma.
Karma is NOT this "god".
You're still a confused moron.
You are truly insane.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662871 Oct 9, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we all know it was written by men, and I have yet to see one so-called "Christian" post the answer to my question:
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not, thus delegating which books are truly "inspired" and which are not.
I've searched very studiously in trying to find this information, but I always come up empty handed, thus logic tells me all biblical texts are inspired and useful for humans.
Can you answer this request?
Specifically? All of it.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662872 Oct 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>They would all be singing a different tune if they had to put up with the substandard medical "care" that the rest of us will have to put up with in the future.
Our government "employees" have become arrogant dictators with little concern for anything but getting rich at the taxpayers' expense.
100% correct. Good call.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662873 Oct 9, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>The bible has a plan for it called Armageddon. The bible is encouraging humans to fight each other to death - which is self-extinction.
So glad I escaped that and more humans need to do that so that this planet can have a future instead of it being a floating ball of black radioactive ash because we destroyed ourselves over bullsh!t.
Wrong. The Bible doesn't talk about our extinction, you do.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#662874 Oct 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Childish little affectionate bitch.
The other boys were always out doing things, while you stayed behind, you lack a job, are unemployed, and worthless.
You are not a man.
You do not have the drive to get a job, and were a wimp as a kid, and never behaved like a boy, you didn't fit with the other boys, don't you don't have job, you worthless bitch.
wrong on all accounts, but more importantly, let's talk about why you're so angry.

seriously, my friend, i'm here for you and we can try to start all over again respectfully and even talk in private if you prefer:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662875 Oct 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:

The BIG thing about the Bible is that much of it is NOT true at all.
Genesis is a prime example.
NO 6 day creation 6,000 years ago.[[[SNIP]]]
Please show the Genesis verse that says 6,000 years ago.

Then we'll continue.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#662878 Oct 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Rofl, what a weakling, having to report someone because he is not a man enough to take us on.
i didn't really report it but was being sarcastic and ironic, pal.

regarding taking you on; like i always say - let's do this thang!;)

Location hidden

#662881 Oct 9, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>With two diametrically opposed concepts - it is impossible for a god to exist under these circumstances.
This belief fight will lead to HUMAN SELF-EXTINCTION by MASS MURDER-SUICIDE.
Then a god won't matter anymore because we'll ALL BE DEAD because we fought over bullsh!t like suicidal idiots.
So, have you prepared yourself for battle yet?

Silent yammering on Topix isn't getting your army anywhere.

xD

Loon.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#662882 Oct 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there is evidence that some people and places were real. That's admitted by most atheists.
The BIG thing about the Bible is that much of it is NOT true at all.
Genesis is a prime example.
NO 6 day creation 6,000 years ago.
NO Adam and Eve.
NO flood of Noah.
NO Tower of Babel
NO exodus
NO Moses
NO Joshua capturing all those towns.
No doubt there's more, but you get the gist of it.
If you believe in 'Original Sin' what was the role of Jesus when there was no Adam and Eve to commit this 'Original Sin'?
prove it - aka put up or shut up!

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#662883 Oct 9, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that like White-Out?
Prolly more like a semi auto..lol
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#662884 Oct 9, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Zionism is absolutely holy and sacred to you. You claim to be a free thinking atheist who doesn't fall for anything, yet from the get go you have jumped in like a good lil boy scout to defend Zionism. Why? What is your stake in this debate? Is your boyfriend a Zionist? Do you enjoy his junk up your ass so much, that you defend the most extreme and fascist cult of Judaism?
What next will I see on this thread? An atheist defending the Taliban? Haha!
You said Zionists are "extreme Jews" so why would an atheist defend it?

Atheists aren't Jews, unless you're just too poisoned by your anti-non-Muslim hate.

You're just another confused moron who fell for whatever your Jihadist boyfriend is telling you.

Shut the f*ck up and go choke on some bacon, you scumbag Armageddon lover.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#662885 Oct 9, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this??
http://www.google.com/imgres...
lol! somebody please help me to know where linedazzle is coming from - is he a scoffer or a believer or somewhere in between?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#662886 Oct 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Pharaoh's dead remains were found near the red sea apparently.
This is evidence for the sea closing, which fits into the moses slot of what you say proof has never been found for.
There is even more evidence.
I call you on the Pharaoh's body....show me proof.

There is active evidence/proof about the things I mentioned. The stories are not true, and there's proof they are not.

" All these years Christianity has been working under the assumption that Genesis is true and that all humans who lived in the past, and are alive today, are descendants of Adam and Eve. The whole dogma of original sin and the blood sacrifice of Jesus to redeem humanities sin goes out the door. Combine the fact that DNA, and other evidence, says that Adam and Eve did not exist…with other revelations that science is making about the Biblical myths, and I predict that Christianity is facing a real crisis of belief."

"John Schneider, former teacher of theology at Calvin College in Michigan says it’s time to face facts:

“There was no historical Adam and Eve, no serpent, no apple, and no fall that toppled man from a state of innocence. Evolution makes it pretty clear that in nature, and in the moral experience of human beings, there never was any such paradise to be lost. So Christians, I think, have a challenge; have a job on their hands to reformulate some of their tradition about human beginnings.”

Modern humans have been around since at least 200,000 years ago.

"In his recent (2011) pro-evolution book, The Language of Science and Faith, Collins and co-author Karl W. Giberson step up matters, announcing that “unfortunately” the concepts of Adam and Eve as the literal first couple and the ancestors of all humans simply “do not fit the evidence.”

"The story of Adam and Eve in Genesis has long been subjected to scientific challenges, but “there was a lot of wiggle room in the past. The human genome sequencing took that wiggle room away” said Randall Isaac, executive director of the American Scientific Affiliation."

The American Scientific Affiliation is a Christian Bible believing organization by the way.

"Atheist-turned-Christian Francis S. Collins is the director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), a federally funded organization. Collins’s wrote a 2006 bestseller, The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief, where he said there are scientific indications that anatomically modern humans emerged from primate ancestors perhaps 100,000 (currant science says 200,000) years ago, long before the apparent Genesis time frame, and that they originated within a population that numbered something like 10,000, not two individuals. Far removed from the traditional belief that God specially created man and woman in the Garden of Eden, and they were biologically different from all other creatures alive at the time."

Just a few of many.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#662887 Oct 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Pharaoh's dead remains were found near the red sea apparently.
This is evidence for the sea closing, which fits into the moses slot of what you say proof has never been found for.
There is even more evidence.
Are you stupid or something ?

Location hidden

#662888 Oct 9, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>1. Because they show it all the time.
2. Because they do it all the time.
3. I'm not the one fighting over bullsh!t to end the world, so I'm not the one who needs to "talk to anybody".
4. The sh!tty way people act, hell no, I don't want to talk to people more. Too many crazies are ready to go off, they're carrying guns, ramming their cars, blowing sh!t up. No f*cking thanks.
If the end of the world came tonight, then, yes, you did fight until the end. A lame ass fight, an argument, but still a fight.
I BELIEVE

Lexington, SC

#662889 Oct 9, 2013
I will pray for all you non believers, God Bless your soul.....sad sad sad

You will get your PROOF when you are thrown into the Firey Pitts of HELL !!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#662891 Oct 9, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright.
I am sorry about attacking you
it's all good my friend! i get carried away on these threads cuz it seems much more fun to argue than it is to be friendly and agreable. i'm not saying it's right, but it just is what it is:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min Sheilaa 17,816
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min onemale 278,435
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 627,606
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 27 min MUQ2 14,351
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 33 min MUQ2 42,257
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min Adam 615,839
Will Kevin Durrant HELP....or HURT...the Golden... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr lisw 180,023
More from around the web