<quoted text>
NO 6 day creation 6,000 years ago.
NO Adam and Eve.
NO flood of Noah.
NO Tower of Babel
NO exodus
NO Moses
NO Joshua capturing all those towns.
No doubt there's more, but you get the gist of it.
If you believe in 'Original Sin' what was the role of Jesus when there was no Adam and Eve to commit this 'Original Sin'?
Well let’s see; where do I start?
You do understand that this information has been out for years now, don’t you?
How is it you don’t know the arguments already? Are you a new convert?
We’ll start with a 6,000+- year old earth.
First, since I know you probably won’t look seriously at any links I provide you, go talk to any geologists at your local college or university, hell even a high school science teacher.
Google ‘Age of the earth’. You’ll get abut 485,000,000 results. Stay away from the religious sites because they lie, or are just stupid and don’t know any better. Most of them are scrambling to retain the faithful in the face of overwhelming evidence that the science is right.
Here are two good ones to start you out if you really want to pursue this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth
http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-young...
Also learn something about DNA….it’s evidence meshes with the paleoanthropological bone evidence that modern humans have roaming around the earth (starting in Africa, which is the cradle of mankind) for about 200,000 years. And we now (2010) have DNA evidence that humans and Neanderthals interbreed and produce fertile offspring. You yourself probably have a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood in your body. This means that we and Neanderthals share a common ancestor—probably Homo heidelbergensis and this also makes the connection to other early hominids such as Homo-erectus, Homo-habilis.
Of course you probably think this is bullsh!t, but the real and testable science says otherwise. If you want to pursue this try:
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/...
They have other pages regarding these subjects which you might explore too.
How much further would you like to go?
I have evidence to back up all I said there, and it's all freely available on the interwebs.
Thanks for sharing your beliefs.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#663079 Oct 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And still you have not bothered looking up the definition, do you realise how stupid your repeated faux pas make you look.
Just because you can only play with yourself is no ones fault but your own.
Just because you are incapable of finding some man (or woman if you lean to lesbianism) to masturbate you is no ones fault but your own.
Just because you lonely life has left you uneducated in the meaning and possibilities of a word is no excuse to make yourself look so stupid
If I remember rightly, when you first started ranting I supplied you a dictionary definition of the word masturbation in the hope that you may actually learn something but it seems that in your deliberate ignorance you have chosen to ignore that fact too in favour of vomiting your typical spiteful and ignorant bile.
Here let me help again. Take a quick look at google, search the term “define masturbation”
The first result to come up on my screen was http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn... – Noun - manual stimulation of the genital organs (of yourself or another) for sexual pleasure
P.S. You also seem to be stumped on the definition of the word dyslexia, look it up too, you may educate yourself – Oh ha, ha, la, ho, ho, just a moment, I really did not mean to be that funny. Ok yes I did
FYI, just like your stupidity dyslexia is not selective
It can be considered selective when you use it as an excuse for errors in judgment and discourse. Of course, a true dyslexic may not be aware they are doing such.

We understand, Christine.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#663080 Oct 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
As an agnostic, I subscribe to the belief that it is impossible to know for certain whether or not there is a god.
Do you believe in luck?

How about superstitions, like the black cat thing, breaking a mirror, walking under a ladder, etc?

What about ghosts? Do you believe they're real?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663082 Oct 10, 2013

Wasn't too lucky for the rabbit, was it?
Awww... Poor wil wascaly wabbit...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663083 Oct 10, 2013

If your god is a fact, then you have no faith. Think about it.
I have faith that God is a fact.

Think about it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663084 Oct 10, 2013
Something for the liberals to ponder:
Tuesday, Oct. 8--
apital Mall was closed due to the government shutdown, but it was open for a pro-illegal immigration demonstration. World War II veterans were not allowed to go to teir memorial, but illegals were allowed to demonstrate. Nancy Pelosi as right there with them, encouraging them.
Thank you, Obama and Reid; the Mall is closed to Americans, but open for illegal aliens' rallies.
OMG.

Whiskey
Tango
Foxtrot

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663086 Oct 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The world does now, but some of the people for some reason choose either to ignore those facts or pretend they are not facts or put up irrelevant and ignorant arguments or even pretend those fact don’t exist.
Kind of like you really.
Could be religious dogma, faith etc but personally I call it deliberate ignorance and for the most part it shows in various aspects of their personality.
"Some of the people"??

"Some"?!?

About 95% of the people in the world believe in some sort of god or gods.

How is that "some"??

No, my dear. You have no facts. You have your beliefs.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663087 Oct 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we have your word for your gender preference and as for you not being British, some of us are eminently thankful
I could even make RRs day bay saying perhaps there is a god after all – LOL – hey, don’t get the wrong idea, I’m only joshing.
Gender preference?

O_o

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663088 Oct 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> The Jews count the generations of Adam as being about that long.
It's the 6th of Cheshvan, 5774 according to Hebrew logic.
The Jews think that?

Lol

All of em?

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#663089 Oct 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:(snipped for length)
And it's up to a *free people* to decide *for themselves* whether or not to buy insurance. The wise thing to do is to buy it, if it's affordable; if it isn't, it isn't. Those are the breaks in a free society.
Obamacare is compulsory, and for many it's unaffordable. For even more, it caused their rates to increase by 200%.
"We have to pass the law in order to know what's in it." Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Speaker of the House of Representatives. How much more ass-backward can one get? One is supposed to know what's in the law **BEFORE** it's passed, not afterward!
Pelosi's a dumbass.....
I *told* you; *she* was the one who said--and I saw this for myself, so don't tell me how wrong or misguided I am--"We have to pass the bill in order to know what's in it." That's a matter of Congressional record.
That stupid bitch.
<quoted text>
And you obviously support it. Liberals stick together that way.
<quoted text>
I told you HE COULDN'T AFFORD IT. You refuse to accept that, don't you? You fundie liberals are no different from fundie christians; you invent what you want to see, and ignore what's really in front of you.
<quoted text>
And as I told you, Obama told us it *wasn't* a tax. He lied to us.
<quoted text>
I don't want a gun pointed to my head with the order, "Buy it or pay a penalty!"
Everything I explained to you, you ignored and you continue along with your biased, left-wing rhetoric.
<quoted text>
Further proof of what I just posted that I'm right. I'M DEALING WITH OBAMACARE FIRST HAND, YOU MORON!!! WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND?? Unlike you, I don't need anyone to tell me what to believe or think, whether from the left or the right! You are trying to claim, indirectly, that you know more about what's happening in my life than *I* do.
Jaysus fooking christ, you're a bloody idiot.
In this case I know nothing about it so I am not qualified to comment and no, we don’t stick together in this way. But hey, who is the one standing behind the far right line and sticking to it, even when evidence is provided to dispel (at least) some of the myth you are being suckered into. Who is the one ignoring that evidence in favour of a hate story that she is sticking to?

If he cannot afford it then he cannot afford to employ you, I am an employer and I employ only the people I can afford to employ, don’t ask me for any sympathy for some guy who says “Oh can’t afford my share of the contributions so you’ll have to pay them yourself” I value my staff and willingly pay what I am expected to pay to have them in my employ, your sentiments have nothing to do with it, that’s business - end of story.

And yet it is written in law as a tax. And Bush said Al Qaeda were rampant in Iraq and so started a war and dragged us and others into it, he lied and yet war continued.

You pay auto insurance, why? Because it makes sense? You pay house insurance, why? Because it makes sense? What is different about health insurance? Could it be that the far right have a downer of a half black guy who runs the country?

And you, despite the evidence I have provided, just continue along your right wing stubbornness. Hey isn’t politics great?

Why are you being such a condescending a$$hole? Why are you making guesses and projecting them onto me? That is a very christian attitude you have there.

Say what? A am making no such claim, but of course you are incapable of understanding that. I am providing an alternative view, a view that you do not like but a valid view none the less.

#663090 Oct 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lovey, your poo is unique to you. It is your creation. Wouldn't happen without you.
As has been pointed out many times, you are confused about a Creator and religion. Your concept of a God is based solely upon written words and concepts of other men. Just like your belief in science. You aren't thinking beyond the written word. Maybe it is your concern about your dyslexia that has you locked into that. You overcompensate.
You don't see the processes of existence because you are just reacting.
Life and understanding it is a melding of the observed, by you, and of what you hear others say. You are being very selective, for emotional reasons, in what you accept as "truths". Plus you just like to argue.
Arguing can help enlighten if done properly, but for the most part it just commits you to paths that lead nowhere if you don't keep your eyes, ears, and mind open. The alternative is thinking there are those more "expert" than you in understanding life. This puts you in a pew.
It's your ass, sweetie. Probably a fine one at that. Do and think what you want with it.
Are you just another machine process, or are you Christine? Your present religion just makes you a pile of stellar poo.
Why do you make guesses about my understanding based on your ignorance?

What creator? All you need to do is offer ANY evidence for consideration but guess what, in all of civilisation no one has ever provided the slightest inkling of any semblance of evidence. Science however is somewhat different in that it actually does provide evidence.

When, given the choice of is this universe a natural and scientifically explainable phenomenon or did a mythical god do it by magic out of nothing one Thursday afternoon in October 6000 years ago as a thinking person I know which I choose. But hey you are free to use you intellect to make your own decisions.

And there you go again, blaming emotion for my education when in truth you are simply projecting your own emotional shortcomings.

Unlike godbots, what I accept as truths are true, not what I want to believe are “Truths”(note the capital) because the babble says so and that’s what I have been taught not to question.

But yes you are at least right in something, I like to argue, especially when I know I am right.

As for the rest of you post, typical davesworld ignorant BS

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#663091 Oct 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The rich won’t care so long as they remain rich.
Rather like the recent world recession, it will be some years before people have the confidence to buy up US assists. It will effectively be a double hit, the first the 2007/8 banking crisis to be followed so closely by US default. Confidence in the US will be shattered, oh no doubt it will return not before there has been considerable amount of pain, during which time the price will drop even more, so more profits of investors, that’s the name of the game.
Actually no I wouldn’t buy his house, I ‘d lend him the money to get out of his hole, I quite like my neighbours and would hate to see the adjoining property bought up by rich Americans - lol
This is true however, because if the recession the UK (and most other countries) has had to go out in search of cash, foreign investment in the UK is just one of the methods/levers used to help alleviate the problem. As the UK pulls out of recession some UK people have now begun buying land elsewhere, it is the internationalism of the modern world
Rich people get rich on a downturn and their investment horizon is mid to long term. At least 10 years. The ace up the U.S. sleeve is food security. While a downturn will result in some mayhem and a reduction in the lifestyle of many, the sheer food security of the U.S. makes it an almost certain long term investment success. Plus the ring of fire gas reserves introduces further possibilities, if fracking could ever be made safe.

The only thing that can truly destroy investor faith is civil war.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#663092 Oct 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case I know nothing about it so I am not qualified to comment and no, we don’t stick together in this way. But hey, who is the one standing behind the far right line and sticking to it, even when evidence is provided to dispel (at least) some of the myth you are being suckered into. Who is the one ignoring that evidence in favour of a hate story that she is sticking to?
If he cannot afford it then he cannot afford to employ you, I am an employer and I employ only the people I can afford to employ, don’t ask me for any sympathy for some guy who says “Oh can’t afford my share of the contributions so you’ll have to pay them yourself” I value my staff and willingly pay what I am expected to pay to have them in my employ, your sentiments have nothing to do with it, that’s business - end of story.
And yet it is written in law as a tax. And Bush said Al Qaeda were rampant in Iraq and so started a war and dragged us and others into it, he lied and yet war continued.
You pay auto insurance, why? Because it makes sense? You pay house insurance, why? Because it makes sense? What is different about health insurance? Could it be that the far right have a downer of a half black guy who runs the country?
And you, despite the evidence I have provided, just continue along your right wing stubbornness. Hey isn’t politics great?
Why are you being such a condescending a$$hole? Why are you making guesses and projecting them onto me? That is a very christian attitude you have there.
Say what? A am making no such claim, but of course you are incapable of understanding that. I am providing an alternative view, a view that you do not like but a valid view none the less.
YAY!!

**claps hands**

You're the first liberal I've seen admit that Obama is half-black.

Amazing.

“Listen to the sounds”

#663093 Oct 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok it's ultra orthodox.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondea...
Those Haredi Jews (the ones in your article) are a weird bunch. One can make a case that they are zionists, and one can make a case that they are not.

On one hand, they are fundamentalist, and misogynistic, and self righteous, and hateful towards gentiles. But then on the other, they seem to be quite hateful against other Jews, they refuse to be conscripted into the IDF, and try their utmost to avoid paying tax.

#663094 Oct 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The rich won't allow the infrastructure to just deteriorate. It's too good of an opportunity to go to waste. Rich people from the U.S. and all over the world will be tempted into buying up the assets of the debt ridden U.S. government. A seller in debt will sell cheap.
Think about it. If your neighbour is in a deep hole, and you have money, you'll buy his house. Even just to rent it out, but you'll still buy it, since it will be a desperate sell. A desperate sell is a cheap sell.
With assets like infrastructure, it's always preferable to pick up someone elses failure, since it's cheaper to make a success of that than build ones own asset from scratch.
Granted the UK was wiser and had the foresight to open investment opportunities to the world. But ultimately it means that UK people are losing power over their land. In South Africa, there are UK property firms selling empty UK land for as little as 2000 pounds. What does that mean in the long run? The UK's assets are owned by foreigners.
And if the UK didn't do this, then it would've ended up like the U.S. is now.
<quoted text>
The USA has been peddling its properties to foreign investors since the 80's. That influx of money has kept the engine running. German and English money buying property and businesses kept us going into the early 90's. Huge investments. It is the Chinese and Russians doing the buying now. There was a lot of South American investment in certain areas of the USA.
The USA will survive. Too much of the world is invested in it. Plus it is the only place they can really run to if social problems and politics get too much back home. That big military and laws make things safer for the wealthy.
You seem to think the US is indispensable, I have used a demonstration once when a fairly newly recited staff member took the same attitude. I took a bucket of water, pushed an aerosol into it then told the errant staff member to watch what happens to the water when I withdrew the tin. I believe he learnt from that demo that no one and nothing is indispensable, he settled down and is now, eight years later, my lead artist.

The US will not survive in its current configuration if it defaults on its debts, it cannot afford to.

And of course if it does default on its debts the military will be unaffordable. Even today the US are loath to commit it’s military without help. Just imagine what will happen if there is no loan money coming in.

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#663095 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Some of the people"??
"Some"?!?
How is that "some"??
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know that?

“Listen to the sounds”

#663096 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YAY!!
**claps hands**
You're the first liberal I've seen admit that Obama is half-black.
Amazing.
One of my work colleagues is Kenyan and we had a good laugh about Obama a while back.

It's all such a big deal, "America's first black president!". But if he was raised in Kenya and became the Kenyan president, Kenya would've made a big deal "Kenya's first white president!"

Haha.

#663097 Oct 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be considered selective when you use it as an excuse for errors in judgment and discourse. Of course, a true dyslexic may not be aware they are doing such.
We understand, Christine.
And it seems that you to are ignorant of the meaning of the word

And more to the point you are ignorant of the medical implications of the illness

But don’t worry, your stupidity may not be completely your fault

Can I assume that your mis-spelling of judgement was a simple typo then?

Perhaps you were not aware of it.

#663099 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Some of the people"??
"Some"?!?
How is that "some"??
I assume that is a CIA guess or maybe it’s the guess of you local preacher, either way it is far from fact.

The number of atheist Europe alone (about 22% of 900 million people) put doubt on that myth and the of course there is China.

The number of atheist/agnostic in China alone, 53.4% of more than a population of 1,4 billion people in a world population of around 7 billion people makes the figure a laughing stock

Whatever it ids estimated that around 18% of the world population are atheist or agnostic

Then of course is the catholic church who largely accept modern science so long as they can believe the babble as well, very forwared thing was of accepting religion. Plus the many eastern religion who consider your goddidit by magic idea more laughable than everything else the do

But hey, 5% feel free to dream

#663100 Oct 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gender preference?
O_o
Yes that’s what I said, look it up if you are confused

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Bongo 31,018
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Just Think 687,276
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Edthirty 286,556
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 8
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 178
Whose fault was it that O.J. Simpson beat murde... (Mar '16) 4 hr DEMOCRAT CRYBABIES 40
ladies have you ever cheated on your BF while h... (Sep '15) 4 hr Cuckold 16
More from around the web