“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#662457 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I course I have an answer to that, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Like I already said...
And no, it was a spelling error. I don't blame every error on some mental condition like you do.
And like I already said

Absence of evidence is absence of evidence

And you still have no response for ALL the other grounds I listed (and repeated)

And why did you make that basic and simple spelling error of a word that you spelled correctly later on in the same sentence? Do you not think that not noticing the error could have been down to your dyslexia?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#662458 Oct 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Before you continue to rail against that which you are so embarrassingly ignorant of, you might want to do some RESEARCH into the most basic of definitions that pertain to health care; CO-PAYS are a good place to start and I hope you learned something from my first response to this post of yours.
Copays.

Deductibles.

Out of pocket expense.

Etc.

Not so affordable with the affordable health care thingy.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#662459 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We are who we choose to be.
Thank you.
Don’t thank me, give a couple of dollars to the poor, that will be thanks enough

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#662460 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhmmm.....
Mac told me "Prove your deity"...
I responded in kind.
And yet, you've failed to do so.

Despite your extravagant "No prob" claim.

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#662461 Oct 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm...not necessarily...
"No, Christians, Jews, and Muslims do not worship the same God. Though there are similarities, there are also key differences in who they define God to be.
As you can see in the chart below, each religion affirms that there's only one God, and that he is eternal and transcendent. However, Christianity affirms the doctrine of the Trinity which is the teaching that in the one God are three distinct persons, not three gods. In other words, the one God exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is a uniquely Christian teaching, and this is a critical difference dealing with the nature of God. He is either triune (Christianity) or he is not triune (Judaism, Islam). Logically speaking, God cannot be both a Trinity and also not a Trinity at the same time. In addition, Jesus cannot be both God in flesh (second person of the Trinity) and also not God in flesh. Therefore, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam do not believe in nor worship the same God."
http://carm.org/do-christians-muslims-jews-wo...
"******The “same God” question is one theologians have hammered at for as long as there have been enough religions for the query to make sense.*********
Orthodox Jews say that God prohibits them from eating a cheeseburger; Christians say God has no problem with them wolfing down Big Macs.
Unlike the Jewish God, whose instructions are almost all about this world, the Christian God is focused more on eternal salvation: heaven and hell."
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/01/do-c...
From the above and highlighted here and above:
"******The “same God” question is one theologians have hammered at for as long as there have been enough religions for the query to make sense.*********
RR, I find it nothing short of HILARIOUS that a question one theologians have hammered at for as long as they have was so "succinctly" answered by you and no doubt, in your mind, answered both correctly and definitively.
It IS hilarious!!
ROFLMAO!
Uuuhh, yes they do worship the same god. Christianity and Islam is based on the god of Abraham which is also the god of all of the prophets that have come after him and also the god of Jesus. It started with the Hebrews and branch out. Christianity and Catholicism just ended up creating a graven image of God which is the worship of Jesus, Mary, Peter, Gabriel, Michael, and also rosaries, crucifixes, images around the church of these just mentioned images, etc. So of the dominant religions, they all DO worship the same god. They are just in conflict over the practices of worshipping God. Even Jews reject the practices of Islam but only because the prophet Mohammud was not of Hebrew decent therefore they felt he couldn't have received God's word because all of the other prophets where of the Hebrew bloodline. More surprisingly, Islam confirms EVERYTHING that the Hebrew texts testifies to and yet there is still conflict. So yea, same god but just different practices.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#662462 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
If you get sick or injured, go see a doc. If you can't afford the bill, start a monthly installment plan. I've done that before. Works wonderfully.
BTW, I don't care if your bill is just $1000 or $500.

Doctors and hospitals are under NO obligation whatsoever to set up payment plans.

While many will, that is not something anyone has ANY right to expect.

That is a COURTESY offered by some health care providers- it is in no way a GIVEN.

What's next, RR? Set up a monthly installment plan at your local supermarket if you can't pay for your groceries upon purchasing them?

But.....I guess if you have, say, a $500,000 limit on your credit cards, you could pay the doctors, hospital, etc. and then work on fulfilling your monthly installment payment plan with Master Card....

LOL!!!

The Borderland of Sol

#662463 Oct 8, 2013
Mystified from the UK wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your point of view on the pace of change in the world....thought provoking, for sure.
Very interesting and illuminating thread. I'm glad I found it and look forward to reading it and contributing in the future :)
Regards to you all,
MFTU (Mystified from the UK)
Welcome to the nuttery.

Laffin.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662464 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I said "out of pocket expense".
It's not cheap. It's actually more expensive than what my employer offers.
Here, I did a dummy quote for Cali 'health care'. Look how "cheap" it is:
https://v.calheers.ca.gov/apspahbx/ahbxanonym... #
RR, I'm not going to go through that website and all the more since it doesn't apply to me or to Florida.

It IS cheap. A $20 co-pay is cheap!!

You will NOT spend $7500 a year in co-pays unless you are DEATHLY ill.

And what ARE you whining about? If it's more expensive than what your employer offers, use your COMPANY insurance!

And no matter WHAT the insurance, there is a NOMINAL co-pay!

Geesh! You go to a doctor for services for hundreds and hundreds of dollars and you're whining about a $20 co-pay???

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662465 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have hands?
Prove it.
So I can see how that's done on Topix.
I can not prove what does NOT exist. Either can you.

We've been down this road before.

You've said that if "in person" with someone, you could prove your god.

I then suggested you fly down to Orlando, that we meet up in person so that you can then prove your god to me.

I don't wanna hear about expense, air fare, etc.

For something as MONUMENTAL as proving to me in person the existence of your god, cost should really be no object or obstacle.

The Borderland of Sol

#662466 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. All serpents ARE NOT snakes.
serpent n.
1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.
2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.
3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.
4. A firework that writhes while burning.
5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.
6. Serpent Serpens.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx...
Tell me how a firework, a sky person or a wind instrument is a snake.
Go.
So, your evil dualist Albigensian deity is a firework? Or a "sky person"? Or a straightened-out tuba?

Even you can't be serious.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662467 Oct 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hehehe. I can type with my nose. And my left foot.
Somebody catch THAT reference.
LOL!!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662468 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Copays.
Deductibles.
Out of pocket expense.
Etc.
Not so affordable with the affordable health care thingy.
MUCH more affordable than it is NOW and on MANY levels and in MANY ways and for TENS OF MILLIONS of Americans.

You're gonna blame OBAMA because health care costs as much as it does here???

It is not OBAMA who turned the health care FIELD into a money-grubbing, profit-driven health care INDUSTRY.

Again, RR- your choice is to NEVER seek services from ANYONE in the health care industry.

You get sick? Then you can just get sicker until you die.

Or else, let me know when a hospital is willing to work out a monthly installment payment plan with you for a bill capping out somewhere around $200,000 or even "just" $50,000 for that matter.

You really need to educate yourself on this.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#662469 Oct 8, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Still does not explain why there needs to be a "consciousness" behind karma - it sets itself in motion by itself and is not commanded by anything but itself. Nothing and no one is pushing it, it moves of its own volition.
You don't need to rely on a "god" to get good karma or bad karma, just don't do bad things to get bad karma and do good things to get good karma. Just plain and simple being good without the "because god said I had to" label on it.
And remember, that same "consciousness" or "god" also created those nonliving particles, so they have a role in karma, too - an eye an eye, a tooth for a tooth, riches for riches, stitches for bitches and so on.
You religionists always say that "god is omnipotent, Omni-this and Omni-that", so those photons and that dark matter SHOULD be able to "decide whether I become a frog or prince or a stack of hundred-dollar bills", right? Your god IS powerful enough to influence nonliving and dark matter, right? "He" put the NONLIVING planets in the solar system and caused NONLVING ROCK to create earthquakes that kill people, right?
Your god is way too hard to believe in when none of you religionist can ever keep your damn stories straight! Then you FIGHT EACH OTHER over who's telling the story right!
(Waves hand in disgusted dismissal).
So, you believe that "something" did create the universe AND it can reward or punish individuals for their good or bad behavior, but, that something cannot be a god? Right. You are an idiot. There is no "cosmic" consciousness deciding who gets to be reincarnated as a person or as a slug, none. There is absolutely no proof that any human being has ever lived more than one, single short life. The only "karma" that could possibly count would be the one you could prove in this life. I have yet to see any pattern of either good or bad people getting what they have coming to them, IOWs, what goes around, comes around.
There are too many evil people who never get punished for what they do and too many good ones who get whammied by Chance. There is no such thing as karma.
You are a "religionist"(btw, NOT a word) if you believe "something" consciously punishes you.
WHICH particles do you think contain this consciousness? G'head, tell us.

xD

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662470 Oct 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Read it and weep, RR- and you should LOVE the source!
So, for those of you who have been too busy criticizing ObamaCare for partisan reasons to actually look at what’s in the law — and see what Americans like about it — here is a handy-dandy review:
1. ACA allows young Americans to stay on their parents’ insurance plans
Because of ObamaCare, which allows kids to stay on their parents insurance plans until age 26, 3.4 million young Americans now have coverage.
The percentage of uninsured young people (ages 19 to 25) fell accordingly, from 48% in 2010 to 21% in 2012.
According to polling, three-in-four Americans support this part of the Affordable Care Act including, yes, over two-thirds of Republicans.
2. ACA bans insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions
Another aspect of ObamaCare that has already taken effect is the ban on insurance companies denying coverage to patients based on pre-existing conditions.
That means an end to insurance company horror stories like four-month-old Alex Lange being denied health insurance because he was too chubby.
The ban on pre-existing condition limits, which will apply to every single American by 2014,*****is supported by 83% of Americans.*****
3. ACA offers tax credits to small businesses to buy insurance
The Affordable Care Act expands tax credits to help small businesses provide health insurance to their workers.
*******Companies with fewer than 50 employees do not have to provide insurance, but even for these businesses, ObamaCare will make it easier and cheaper if they choose to do so.******
According to polling, 88% of Americans think these small business tax credits are great, including — wait for it ... yes, 83% of Republicans. That’s right,*****over eight-in-ten Republicans support the provision of ObamaCare that helps small businesses afford and expand their health insurance offerings to employees.*****
4. ACA requires companies with more than 50 employees to provide health insurance
*****Over 96% of companies with more than 50 employees already provide health insurance to their employees.******
And contrary to Republicans claiming otherwise, studies show the vast majority of those employers do not plan to drop or reduce that coverage because of ObamaCare.
Also, there is no evidence that ObamaCare has led to companies slashing full-time workers.
******In fact, since ObamaCare passed in March 2010, over 90% of the gain in employment has been full-time positions.******
Still, we know that companies that can afford to provide health insurance to their workers and yet fail to do so off-set the costs of care onto the rest of us — whether the cost of emergency room treatment that gets passed on to other consumers, or Medicaid coverage that we pay for as taxpayers.
*****In Florida alone, more than 50,000 workers at companies like McDonald’s and Burger King are on the state’s Medicaid rolls.******
Especially with tax credits available to small businesses, there is no excuse for companies to pass the buck.*****And 75% of Americans support this element of ObamaCare.******
5. ACA provides subsidies to help individuals afford coverage
*****Many of the 45 million Americans who lack health insurance simply don’t have enough money to afford coverage.*****
ObamaCare will lower the cost of premiums but also provide subsidies to help low- and middle-income Americans purchase insurance.
1. I'm worried that will change and won't be an option.

2. Just another excuse to raise the rates some more.

3. The tax credit doesn't make it worthwhile to keep more than 49 employees...

4. I hate that. The gub'ment shouldn't be forcing small businesses to do that. It's going to hurt them more than help them.

5. HA! You know what my "subsidy" is?$15/mo. WHOO-HOO!! What a saving!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#662471 Oct 8, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You said you were waiting on Jesus to come back, LIAR.
Show that quote, freak. You can't, because it never happened.

Lying is ALL you have.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662472 Oct 8, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
If you get sick or injured, go see a doc. If you can't afford the bill, start a monthly installment plan. I've done that before. Works wonderfully.
Do you do as much whining about your auto insurance deductible or your homeowner's insurance deductible?

If you didn't have auto insurance and got in a wreck and totaled your car, the other person's car and caused injury to the other person, would you feel as entitled to working out a monthly installment payment plan with the injured parties?

Do you think they would somehow be obligated to agree to a payment plan??

If you didn't have homeowner's insurance and your house caught fire or flooded, would you feel as entitled to working out a monthly installment payment plan with those who would provide the repairs to your house?

Do you think they would somehow be obligated to agree to a payment plan?

And what guarantee would you be able to offer a doctor or hospital that you would always be able to make those monthly installment payments?

So sure- go ahead and run up a tab of 6 figures (or even more) with doctors and hospitals.

I'm sure they'll feel SO relieved and will actually jump for joy every time they get that $50 check from you once a month.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#662473 Oct 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, your evil dualist Albigensian deity is a firework? Or a "sky person"? Or a straightened-out tuba?
Even you can't be serious.
It's also a plumber's tool for unclogging drains.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662474 Oct 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The bronze age goat herders that wrote the OT.
Nope it is PROVEN fact, proven at least 3 ways and each proof validates the other proofs. And here’s one that will really screw your mind, it is infinite, calculations using the CMB and triangles prove that too, probably a bit beyond you thought. It is also possible that there are an infinite number of infinite universes but I am not even going to go there.
If you bother to read my post you will see that that was NOT what I said. But please feel free to use your ignorance to speculate. However there is no reason not to use blood to create art.
Do you really think that simple goat herders could create a religion like Christianity? Do you really think they were smart enough to write the beginnings of the Bible? Must've been some super-smart gaot herders...

HA! I could show you "proof" that the universe is infinte.... Which proof is right?

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

#662475 Oct 8, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not gonna get into this you or with RR any further.
It's STUPID.
Of course, no stupider than the entire Adam and Eve FAIRY tale; simply a part of the stupidity of that silly story.
Just say that your foot went too deep into your mouth, U can't respond to what has been put forth in the case of your arguement concerning serpents and snakes, and bow out gracefully rather than post a condescending comment as if my post was nonsense. My post is as accurate as can be but dont say that it isn't without pointing out where.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#662476 Oct 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
And like I already said
Absence of evidence is absence of evidence
Ah... So before there was evidence of DNA, that was evidence that it did not exist.

uh-huh..

And currently, faster-than-light travel is "impossible", right? What happens if someone figures it out soemday...?
And why did you make that basic and simple spelling error of a word that you spelled correctly later on in the same sentence? Do you not think that not noticing the error could have been down to your dyslexia?
I don't think so. My dyslexia usually has me transpose characters. Like my previous post, I otced I spelled goat, "gaot".

I take responsibility for my errors, you should too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min USA Born 573,541
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 31 min Ed Teach 53,312
Now Obama's Christianity has been placed in doubt 52 min david 31
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 58 min mike 608,094
MLB Sober Coach: Josh Hamilton sufffered a rela... 1 hr The Addictions Coach 1
'Ukraine is a hot potato': Why US stood back fr... 1 hr Bye Bye 9
Tamilan history 1 hr My name is Ashok ... 4
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 268,765
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr DNF 97,844
More from around the web