Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, I don't. That settles that.
Now about your deity...
HI mac!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
One that looks like their 15 minutes of fame is thankfully over...
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/photos-trivia...
After sex picture.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/56500/Pa...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you're secretly Christian.
I think your secretly curious about God and whether or not He's real.
There are many, many things in America that all Americans are "raised with" in one form or another. God is only one of them.
See? You think that I'm secretly curious about whether or not god is real. That's ludicrous. I don't care whether or not god is real. If he is, that's cool, and I will happily convert if shown proper evidence.

Your invisible friend influences public policy, social life, etc. That is why the topic interests so many people - because many christians believe that their morals should be written into the law. There are still some states in the US where it is literally illegal to run for office as an atheist, let alone the practical impossibility of such a thing in most places.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
HI mac!!!
Hi, Al. Howgoesit?

Since: Jul 13

Portsmouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

A Formal Satire wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove unicorns don't exist. When you do that, I'll prove your god doesn't either.
under the lotus leaf i lie

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Al. Howgoesit?
Just getting ready to go home. Today has been the longest day of the year, or at least it seems that way to me......

It's funny, but on very slow days a person (mostly me) just seems to get more exhuasted than on a busy day.

Spent the day yesterday hiking through the mountains in Yucaipa and I realized that I'm not as young as I used to be. Got lost several times and had to back track twice before getting back to my staging point.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Just getting ready to go home. Today has been the longest day of the year, or at least it seems that way to me......
It's funny, but on very slow days a person (mostly me) just seems to get more exhuasted than on a busy day.
Spent the day yesterday hiking through the mountains in Yucaipa and I realized that I'm not as young as I used to be. Got lost several times and had to back track twice before getting back to my staging point.
http://nobodyhikesinla.com/2010/09/17/oak-gle...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm just getting ready to go to bloody work.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And I'm just getting ready to go to bloody work.
I'm Sorry mac........ I'll get home in an hour, dinner and then bed. Back up by 4 and back here by 6.... and ready to do it ALL over again..... lol! I need to hit the Powerball..

Have a good night at work!

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
But remember...
Jewish laws & Christian laws are not all the same.
Ok, right, but see, Jesus kept Jewish law during his ministry. Somewhere in the Bible ,not sure where, Jesus said that he didn't come to change the Jewish law (which is God's law) but to confirm and give testimony of the will of the Father. So how did Christians end up with a separate system of traditions? Beats me!! And for the record, I do believe that God exists but don't label myself a Christian. I guess I lean more towards Intelligent Design but still find that all of the scriptures have something to tell. I'm just on a mission trying to figure out some things about them.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> lol. youll clean it bwhahahahahha you abomination. Youre a crime against nature. You better stock more ammo.
Shove it up your a$$,*nano.*
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam - 1.2 billion
Christianity - 2.1 billion
"Almost" twice as much.
And BOTH religions are increasing in numbers.
You're welcome.
Nope.

2.1 is NOT "almost" even CLOSE to "twice as much," according to the REAL 2013 numbers and future trends.

But of course, pro-Christian bias would have their numbers exaggerated.

And: Are you including Catholics here? With your anti-Catholicism, your population of Christians would decrease drastically, almost dropping to the 1 billion mark minus the Catholics.

Your estimate of Muslims is wrong, too: it's 1.5 billion as of 2013 with an INCREASING population, so it is NOT HALF of 2.1 billion.

You're welcome.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Come next election you can (with luck and the people on your side) change the hierarchy. Thatís democracy.
Or perhaps you could take the Egyptian model and have a quiet word with the US military to overthrow Obama
That'd be sweet.

Obama's a disaster.

Y'know what Obama once told Russian president Putin, when he didn't know the microphone was on? This was captured on videp: "Once I'm re-elected, I'll have greater flexibility." Was the fix already in? And who's he working for--us, or Putin?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes.
Through prayer, God has spoke to me.
<quoted text>
Why would that be easy to prove?
Because you're so absolutely, unswervingly adamant that your god is real.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Can yuo prove you have hands?
Yup.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuz I wasn't positive at all, I thought he was going to die, so did the vet.
And he didn't. Why won't you allow yourself to have more faith in yourself?

<
RiversideRedneck wrote:
quoted text> (Edited for length).... How can one perform accupuncture on a horse?
I don't know, I'm not really into equine medicine. I did see an overweight dachshund, once, which was paralyzed in the hindquarters due to a ruptured disc. The owners, under the advice of a different vet, took him *somewhere* for accupuncture, and damned if the dog didn't start walking. Wobbly, for certain, but a great deal of the li'l critter's paralysis was gone.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, God has spoken to me.
Do you believe in the IPU? If not, why bring it up?
For a comparison. If you'd told me that the IPU had spoken to you, I wouldn't believe that anymore than your biblical god.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "magically."
<quoted text>
Can't to it, huh? Why don't you just say so?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I could define magic for you, as the power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
But I figured that wouldn't be good enough for you.
It wouldn't be accurate.

I don't believe in the "supernatural." I do believe, however, that there are aspects of Nature that we do not yet understand.

To you and me, a Zippo lighter is pretty mundane; but to a jungle-dwelling native of New Guinea who wears a grass skirt and craps like a bear in the woods, it's magic.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Bible, God created everything, including thunder and lighting.
Do you see lighting and hear thunder still?
<quoted text>
Me neither.
<quoted text>
Is that what you think?
<quoted text>
God loves me. God loves us all.
Try to verify love.
Anytime.
Ironic that you would say "god loves us all" and than next say "try to verify love".

What kind of sick version of love do you have? What kind of love is your so-called "god" showing by "creating everything" including evil?

Think abut this: You said: "God created everything".

"Everything" includes "satan".

Exactly how does "creating" this evil "verify" that "god loves us all"?

Sick, twisted thinking like yours is what will cause the human race to finally extinct itself - because it's so confused by these holographic "projections" they call "god and satan" doing a false battle with each other that will end in a virtual mass-murder suicide of the entire human race.

"God loves us" so much that we want to kill ourselves for him.

How deadly paradoxical.

It's time for humans to think of a better fantasy so at least we won't wipe out our future!
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
I am, therefore, God is.
"I created god; so that god could create me. Therefore, ecause (I) say god is here, god is here despite whatever evidence there is to the contrary."

It's the "I think, therefore I am" egotistical frame of mind all sickly tied up with religion.

Too many gods. Too much conflict. The human race is DOOMED...

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:<quoted text>
I haven't said Zeus has done anything. According to myth, though, he's the god of thunder and lightning. I see lightning and hear thunder whenever there's a storm.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Bible, God created everything, including thunder and lighting.
Zeus is older than bible god. Or more accurately, he was invented before Abraham invented the god of the Israelites.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text> Do you see lighting and hear thunder still?
Yup! Well, during storms, anyway. Praise Zeus!!

;)

I wrote: <quoted text> According to myth, Thor came to banish ice giants; I don't see any ice giants anywhere.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Me neither.
Using your logic, you can thank Thor for that.

Kaitlin: <quoted text> According to myth, jesus came to bring peace to all mankind; Topix alone disproves your jesus.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Is that what you think?
<quoted text>
God loves me. God loves us all.
Try to verify love.
Anytime.
Aphrodite.

She *is* the Goddess of Love. People sang her songs, built temples to her, and made offerings to her long, long, long before that desert rat Abraham came up with his ludicrous "one god" idea.

Now, your own bible states clearly that jesus came to set family members against each other over him, and in his name. Is that how *you* would verify love? Sounds pretty Orwellian/Big Brother to me.

My point is that *all* gods are myth, and therefore they are *all* equally valid, in the sense that none of them have any validity at all.

I do not claim that Zeus and Thor are real, but I do claim that they are as "real" as bible god. I do not see Aphrodite and Dionysus as real, actual, literal gods, but I like and admire the spirit *behind* them, and I will therefore continue to light some candles, burn some incense, try to act the way they would want me to (although my temper frequently does get ahead of my brain) and raise a toast to them at midnight on every full moon. If others reject them, that's fine by me.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

I have no information one way or the other on telekinesis, that's nothing that I'm concerned with. I'm sure its adherents have all the "proof" *they* need for themselves, just like you christians have for yourselves; and I'm sure its detractors can counter all that "proof" the same way atheists disprove your jesus myth.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does your animosity for Christians come from?
I mean, to say "I'm sure its adherents have all the "proof" *they* need for themselves, just like you christians have for yourselves" shows it like not other.
A great deal of my animosity for christians comes from an incident about two years ago, when three of them broke into my home while I was at my folks place for Thanksgiving. If I were to reprint it here, it would take up waaayyy too much space, and Nanopukestain would jump all over it again. With your permission, I'll PM it to you.

True believers suffer from confirmation bias; that means, they look for that which supports their views, and reject that which does not.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Fundamentalist christians own firearms in order to protect their fundamentalist christian way of life. I own firearms to protect myself *from* the fundamentalist christians and their way of life.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That can't be verified, can it?
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. Fundies protect their bibles more than they do their own children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••